It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Turbo Sliders Feature Requests

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

olio

Community User Level: 2

PostTue Nov 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Jarno wrote:Eh? When did turbo slider became some of those? It is slicks'n slide type of game where fun rating is before realism. Fortunately ts makes both possible. But who said that realism should put first in line before fun?
Its simple fact that people like boths so they shouldnt put each other in shadow.

olio wrote:Well, rough racing, fun cups, etc. are different, in there people can bounce, have multiple routes, whatever. Couldn't care less. But when we are talking about pure racing and racing records, bouncing is a cheat.

mikko

PostTue Nov 06, 2007 8:25 pm

Mike Nike wrote:...On that way, we can let the community decide by itself, automaticly, which track should be ranked higher.

In my ears that sounds like a very good idea. The players (community) could decide themselves which kind of tracks they like the most. The more popular the track, the more it is driven and likely the harder the record. Hence, record on the most popular track would give most points for rankings.

In addition to player's rankings, this could be also useful for other rankings, such as track and trackmaker rankings. Maybe some other rankings could be included, like style, length, preferred car, etc...

Etana

Community User Level: 1

PostTue Nov 11, 2008 5:18 am

Don't know if this has already been suggested, but could there be some small indicator to show if other car is in same lap or not? It can be seen by using tab, but it shows pretty much extra info as well (opponent names etc.). Way too much for my taste anyway.

Best solution could be tab option, which would only show lap info (eg. +1, -1 or 0/time difference). For longer fuel races there should also be combination of fuel/dmg info and lap info.

This problem occurs already in GPOR F1 server and much more often in over half hour races.

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostTue Nov 11, 2008 11:44 am

Possibility to ban IP ranges...

PostTue Nov 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Tire wear.. make the car looser as tires wear, as bar goes down, grip goes down

a way to "wisper" to other drivers mabey talk to them without others seeing the conversation.

CJMoto7

-

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 4:17 am

voice chat it would be good if we could chat with one another using voice chat if u (ande) could make the game compatible with voice chat it would be so awesome!!! :lol:
Visit My Website
For tracks, cars and ai lines...etc
My Player Nick: [AUS]cJm_93

CJMoto7

-

PostWed Dec 03, 2008 11:05 am

to make the TS game compatible with .gif that way u could make animated tiles on ur tracks! that would be cool
Visit My Website
For tracks, cars and ai lines...etc
My Player Nick: [AUS]cJm_93

[FTR] Burnout

PostMon Mar 09, 2009 7:14 pm

My idea is a minimap in the bottom right of the screen while racing, opposite the leaderboard. The simplest way to do this is to put the pat image on there so you can at least see the course layout if its a recently downloaded track that you are unfamilar with. Having a map with moving car markers on it would probably be a major undertaking, but I would be satisfied with a pat image at the least.

fixxxer

PostSat Mar 14, 2009 1:11 am

On the Network menu a "Spectator mode: On/Off"... Changing player to none and then back is a lot of work :x

Rendy Andrian

PostSat Mar 14, 2009 6:40 am

How about the Power bar feature (for damages)?
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Mouse

PostSat Mar 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Rendy Andrian wrote:How about the Power bar feature (for damages)?

A damage bar meter? If that's what you're talking about, there is one already. Check sliders.ini and change HUD mode, I think there are a few settings, and I don't remember what does what...

Rendy Andrian

PostSun Mar 15, 2009 2:30 am

I mean the damage bar like fighting games did.
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Buraczek

PostThu Apr 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Is it possible to make sectors like in F1 ??

Janne

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Apr 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Buraczek wrote:Is it possible to make sectors like in F1 ??

Nope.

Strik3r

PostWed May 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi!

A suggestion in order to select Game Buyers from Demos for online racing!

Can it be implemented in the servers a /kick command for licensed players only in order to make it possible licensed players to kick some "assho*e" by majority? For example: 10 racers, 5 licensed, 5 "demos", and one of the demos starts running backwards. 3 of the licensed use the /kick command and... bye bye, dumbster!

If there is only one Licensed, he has total power. If there are two, both have to vote. In other words, always majority!

Think about it. It's a good way to give the licensed guys some control and "status" over the others. ;)

Scorpio

PostSat May 09, 2009 2:39 pm

[FTR] Burnout wrote:My idea is a minimap in the bottom right of the screen while racing, opposite the leaderboard. The simplest way to do this is to put the pat image on there so you can at least see the course layout if its a recently downloaded track that you are unfamilar with. Having a map with moving car markers on it would probably be a major undertaking, but I would be satisfied with a pat image at the least.

all needed is to have it take the cement pattern (scale down to the corner so it makes the track shape) then takes the x,y cord's and scales them to the mini map, atleast i dont think it would be so hard to do ;)

Scud

PostSat May 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Burnout wrote:My idea is a minimap in the bottom right of the screen while racing, opposite the leaderboard. The simplest way to do this is to put the pat image on there so you can at least see the course layout if its a recently downloaded track that you are unfamilar with. Having a map with moving car markers on it would probably be a major undertaking, but I would be satisfied with a pat image at the least.

I think all ts-tracks are so short that it takes only 1-3 laps to remember all corners, so this minimap thing is not that usefull. But if someone is willing to spend time for making that, its ok... but i wouldnt spend my time for that, work for nothing, pretty much.
~siLciR <3~

Scorpio

PostSun May 10, 2009 3:08 pm

it isnt used to remember corners... it tells you how far and how fast you aare or arent catching somone

like you.. i wanto know how fast im coming up on you for lapped traffic..

jk lol

Chess

PostFri Jun 19, 2009 3:56 am

Some way to let a slower driver know that the car coming up on him is a car that is going to lap him. I think this would be extremely helpful for newer or casual players.

Being a slower driver I'm constantly worried I'm going to get pro ruled and a lot of times slow down or move off the track when a car is catching up just to find out later that the car was not one that was going to lap me.

Maybe make the car coming up to lap blink or have some sort of warning sound.

Mouse

PostSat Jun 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Chess wrote:Some way to let a slower driver know that the car coming up on him is a car that is going to lap him. I think this would be extremely helpful for newer or casual players.

Being a slower driver I'm constantly worried I'm going to get pro ruled and a lot of times slow down or move off the track when a car is catching up just to find out later that the car was not one that was going to lap me.

Maybe make the car coming up to lap blink or have some sort of warning sound.

Most players use TAB button for this. That way they can see if the car behind (or in front / wherever) is on the same lap or not. As Tijny said in a recent post to you:

Yellow = 1 or more laps ahead
Orange = Same lap
Red = 1 or more laps behind

Don't get discouraged, you will become faster. :wink:

Strik3r

PostThu Jun 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Adjustable PRO MODE!

Be able to setup the server with PRO MODE to activate in a touch between cars with 2 laps difference, for example.

It would be good for the long-long races!

olio

PostThu Jun 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah, I know there isn't coming new features in the near future, but wouldn't it be just easiest to have possibility in promode to disable cars that drive checkpoints in reverse order. Sounds easy at least on my ears.

Strik3r

PostThu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 pm

olio wrote:Yeah, I know there isn't coming new features in the near future, but wouldn't it be just easiest to have possibility in promode to disable cars that drive checkpoints in reverse order. Sounds easy at least on my ears.

That's not bad at all... ;)

Chess

PostMon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 am

I don't even know if this is possible but is there a way to have some sort of chat area? Right now, if you want to talk to someone you have to go into the race and sit there. Even then, you only have a certain amount of time before the server resets. If I want to get tips and ideas from other racers, it's a pain in the butt trying to do it between races.

I don't know how much control we have over this kind of thing so if this is a stupid idea I apologize but I just thought it would be nice to have some place we could live chat.

Scud

PostMon Jul 13, 2009 10:00 am

Chat server would be easy to create. Just normal server without tracks but does anyone want to waste their server for that...not so sure. But i think its not bad idea.
~siLciR <3~
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions