It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:49 am

Turbo Sliders Feature Requests

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostMon Jul 13, 2009 11:02 am

Scud wrote:Chat server would be easy to create. Just normal server without tracks but does anyone want to waste their server for that...not so sure. But i think its not bad idea.

There is already: records server! But well, there are instant messengers for chatting :P

Scud

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Jul 13, 2009 1:27 pm

dede wrote:But well, there are instant messengers for chatting

Yes there is MSN... but "ingame" chat could be good since there is lots of players who dont share their MSN adresses. How about little test, change record server name to "Chat Area/Records" or something like that... I would like to see do we have any use for that.
~siLciR <3~

dede

PostMon Jul 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Scud wrote:How about little test, change record server name to "Chat Area/Records" or something like that... I would like to see do we have any use for that.

I don't have access to that server. Anyway I agree that there should be easier way to contact other players inside the game. There are several things missing in TurboSliders, and unluckily they can't be introduced unless somebody has time to dedicate to the game development (and if this isn't Ande, it would take years just to understand how the game works, and years to implement needed features).

In four years of TS gaming experience, I understood quite clearly what TS needs&lacks. I could do something on my own, by developing a new website with new features and new game organization, but I think there will be quite big limitations imposed by the game.

Tijny

PostMon Jul 13, 2009 2:52 pm

dede wrote:There are several things missing in TurboSliders, and unluckily they can't be introduced unless somebody has time to dedicate to the game development (and if this isn't Ande, it would take years just to understand how the game works, and years to implement needed features).
Well, not everyone is on the same level as you or I, I reckon a skilled programmer could get a pretty good idea by looking at the source code in a matter of weeks, if not days. But you're right, that probably isn't going to happen.

Scud

PostMon Jul 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Tijny wrote:Well, not everyone is on the same level as you or I, I reckon a skilled programmer could get a pretty good idea by looking at the source code in a matter of weeks, if not days.

This is a little bit off topic but... It seems almost all best TS-players are some sort of computer experts (programmers). No wonder that you guys dominate all races, with your hacks. Ahahahahaa. :lol: :lol: :lol:
~siLciR <3~

Scorpio

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 am

i got an idea :D we all know we have pits..fuel and damage...but i got an idea..how about we have tire wear..the lower % u have the less grip you will have to turn, also how about a pit selection example: hit F1 and it makes it so you get fuel F2 = Damage and F3 = tires so..if u want a fast stop...fuel only and for the tire wear meter..since they take the tires off..make it so it takes time for each 50% meaning is u have 75% tire wearit goes from 75% directly to 100% but in 8 or so seconds..so it isnt like fuel

drillz

PostWed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 pm

i have an idea you have a certain amount of points and you can tune your car up so if you have 30 points you can tune your engine or handling a little or a lot and we can have a pace lap.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostFri Aug 21, 2009 8:20 pm

Scorpio wrote:i got an idea :D we all know we have pits..fuel and damage...but i got an idea..how about we have tire wear..the lower % u have the less grip you will have to turn, also how about a pit selection example: hit F1 and it makes it so you get fuel F2 = Damage and F3 = tires so..if u want a fast stop...fuel only and for the tire wear meter..since they take the tires off..make it so it takes time for each 50% meaning is u have 75% tire wearit goes from 75% directly to 100% but in 8 or so seconds..so it isnt like fuel

tyre wear maybe something to think about but the pitstop idea is a little ridiculous if you ask me :) we want to race not manage a whole team and pit aswell, why change something that doesnt need to be changed.
if there needs to be something changed make the pit stop places bigger and put a wall between every 1 of them so you wont crashers in the pit theyll crash against the wall but even that would be hard thinking ahead people will just look for a pit thats taken and crash in their.

drillz wrote: i have an idea you have a certain amount of points and you can tune your car up so if you have 30 points you can tune your engine or handling a little or a lot and we can have a pace lap.

as always drillz :D an unexplainable idea from your behave :wink: :roll:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Raptor

PostMon Aug 24, 2009 6:07 pm

What if we had a feature to allow drivers to make their own setups for cars to get their specific handling needs. I think it would be awesome.
"Governments do not tend to solve problems, only to rearrange them." - Ronald Regan

Tijny

PostMon Aug 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Raptor wrote:What if we had a feature to allow drivers to make their own setups for cars to get their specific handling needs. I think it would be awesome.
I think that has been suggested only about 28419283 times in this topic.

dede

PostMon Aug 24, 2009 8:05 pm

How about if we can adjust wings, engine power, gearbox etc?

Tijny wrote:I think that has been suggested only about 28419283 times in this topic.

28419284!

Scorpio

PostMon Aug 24, 2009 11:04 pm

lol!!!!!! the tire idea is for racing the pit stop is simple jurgen hit F3 2 times for 4 tires meaning 100% change and F3 1 time to make 50% change :P the tires itself i think are possible to do just have the car loose grip (so it snaps loose at times and is tight in others) would be cool to add a rain effect to the road aswell...but i know that has been in this topic 105681 now 105682 :P
Last edited by Scorpio on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiplash

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 pm

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT BRIDGES. I think that it's very bad idea. That will be only good for all these sick track makers. I already have vision of their new tracks called (for example): full shadow race, full arows race or full "whatever you decide to put there" race. The worst thing is that they will think that is cool. :? Personally, I don't want to play tracks with 90% bridges. Listen, only retarded player can stuck under the bridge. I play this game for 2 years and it never happen to me (ok, in one of billion situations). If you want to destroy spirit of TS easily like that, you can just make that cars go flying when it comes to that area where suppose to be bridge. :? When I'm editing the track, I want to use bridge that will be a bridge, not some kind of transparent shit. :? I will say it again: Do not change OLD SCHOOL BRIDGES and nothing around it. It is only good for funny, stupid and sick track makers and the same players.
Last edited by Whiplash on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tijny

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 9:54 pm

And what makes you believe transparent bridges are going to be implemented? :)

Whiplash

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 10:18 pm

Tijny wrote:And what makes you believe transparent bridges are going to be implemented? :)

I just read some posts from 2005 year, and I dont want that someone try to do some stupid changes in future (not just transparent bridges, I don't like shadows and direction arrows ideas too). :wink:

Raptor

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 10:32 pm

dede wrote:How about if we can adjust wings, engine power, gearbox etc?

Tijny wrote:I think that has been suggested only about 28419283 times in this topic.

28419284!

Thanks for that atleast...

I am going to think of more suggestions later.
"Governments do not tend to solve problems, only to rearrange them." - Ronald Regan

Whiplash

PostWed Aug 26, 2009 10:35 pm

-I would like I can play qualification race in local game too. It could be easily done with one ghost race before the regular one (like we play in online cups).
-And (don't laugh :wink: ) it will be good if I could set number of players up to 6 or 8 in local multiplayer.
Last edited by Whiplash on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

dede

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Whiplash wrote:-I would like I can play qualification race in local game too. It could be easily done with one ghost race before the regular one (like we play in online cups).

You can do that already. Just set the startorder to fastest lap. Okay maybe local game is a bit harder to configure compared to server game. But you actually can play in server mode and take the master off.

Whiplash wrote:And (don't laugh :wink: ) it will be good if I could set number of players up to 6 or 8 in multiplayer.

Do you mean up to 6-8 players with 1 keyboard? If so, I don't see the point. Otherwise if you mean AI bots, then it's fully configurable already (/aifill).

Raptor wrote:Thanks for that atleast...

Actually it was supposed to be a joke. I don't agree with that suggestion.
Last edited by dede on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpio

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 5:48 pm

dede if u notice it says WHIPLASH SAID above the quote from raptors post :P

Whiplash

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 8:09 pm

dede wrote:You can do that already. Just set the startorder to fastest lap.

Yeah, But first race goes with randomised positions.

dede wrote:Do you mean up to 6-8 players with 1 keyboard? If so, I don't see the point. Otherwise if you mean AI bots, then it's fully configurable already (/aifill).

Yeah, I mean 6-8 players (but it don't have to be with 1 keyboard, It will be good even if it could be set for joysticks and joy pads only). Maybe you will ask yourself how to put 6-8 persons in front of one PC. Here is the answer: I use laptop and one monitor connected on it. I could use one PC with two monitors too. (You know, boring wintry collage days :wink: )
Last edited by Whiplash on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

dede

PostFri Aug 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Whiplash wrote:Can you tell me those few comands that I need to use in server mode for it?

/help shows all settings. I think you can find out by yourself, then :)

Whiplash

PostSun Aug 30, 2009 2:27 pm

I deleted some stupid suggestions here... :)
Last edited by Whiplash on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Whiplash

PostMon Sep 14, 2009 5:54 pm

New suggestions:
-It could be nice to have one option to play ghost race without visible ghosts.
-Visible ghosts should be more transparent (or maybe we could set level of transparency).
Last edited by Whiplash on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Buraczek

PostFri Sep 25, 2009 1:51 pm

New suggestion:
- Tracks bigger than 2000x2000
maybe 4000x4000

Jurgen-NL

PostFri Sep 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Buraczek wrote:New suggestion:
- Tracks bigger than 2000x2000
maybe 4000x4000

think that idea has been annouced allready but i ''thought'' i remembered the answer as followed to put less tiles in the tracks. :?:

EDIT: yea this tip wont help you when you try to make it more realistic
Last edited by Jurgen-NL on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions