It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:25 am

Turbo Sliders Feature Requests

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostFri Sep 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Buraczek wrote:New suggestion:
- Tracks bigger than 2000x2000
maybe 4000x4000

That would mean to use a mod, because in the original game max size is 2000x2000. We could do that, but that would create problems: people will need to download the mod separately, and they need to be playing that mod in order to join the server. That's effectively like having two different games and splitting the community between them.
Most probably you are coming from STS Polish community, so you are used to game mods (I've seen three mods made by those guys, and one made by the British community). Mods are just a way to split players between incompatible games, which is just the opposite of how TS was working before version 2.0 (launch the game and play - eventually download missing files directly from the server). I have no words for how Ande decided to handle this situation.
TurboSliders should be the same game for everybody, and people should be jumping between different mods easily. If I just had more time, I would've built a new TS mod including the default TS, STS polish mod, STS british mod. Same place for everybody.

Buraczek

PostFri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm

dede wrote:
Buraczek wrote:New suggestion:
- Tracks bigger than 2000x2000
maybe 4000x4000

Most probably you are coming from STS Polish community, so you are used to game mods (I've seen three mods made by those guys, and one made by the British community).

F1 Polish Community :P

I want bigger tracks, because it will give me chance to make track more realistic than i can do now. For me 2000x2000 is to small.
I dont want split TS community.

Thx for help:D I made mod and its working :D

Rendy Andrian

Community User Level: 2

PostSat Sep 26, 2009 4:01 am

How about commentaries/dialogues in the middle on the race. For instance, if we collide an AI player, then that AI Player will say "Hey!" or something.

And how about selecting cars manually for AI drivers? Selecting 3 cars for the game and AI Players uses the random car type is ordinary. But if we select 3 cars for the game and we can choose cars for AI Players is EXTRAORDINARY!
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostSat Sep 26, 2009 6:21 am

The game is good as it is, so please stop wishing for totally unecessary things, jebus..

Whiplash

PostSat Sep 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Rendy Andrian wrote:For instance, if we collide an AI player, then that AI Player will say "Hey!" or something.

Is this joke or something? You care about ai feelings??? Wierd. :shock: :?

Whiplash

PostSat Sep 26, 2009 1:58 pm

My new suggestions:
With probably just a little changes we could have much more possibilities for playing.
For example:
-The game should allows us to set number of teams up to 10 (or more if we get more then 20 players in the future) and let us make regular team racing better and easier (I mean - race with normal racing tracks). It could set team color automatically (like punaball and infiltration), and we should have possibility to pick team colours manually too. And this is the most important: It should show team results too.
-Very important, point system should have team points separated from players points, not like now. This should be done for all types of competitions (xb, battle, team racing etc.)
-We need a point sistem based on lap times too; now we can give points only for 1st player (for fastest lap).
Last edited by Whiplash on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Nike

PostSat Sep 26, 2009 2:50 pm

concerning the 4kx4k tracksize:

2kx2k isnt big enough to make a realistic track?

a trick could be (im not sure though): make your track (4kx4k) (of course you cant do that just in the editor...) and resize it to 2kx2k, then create cars of 50% length and 50% properties (not all properties) of their original ones. Then, use zoom like 1.4-2.0 in racing :P - then it could probably look more realistic/detailled.

Whiplash

PostSat Sep 26, 2009 3:28 pm

Mike Nike wrote:concerning the 4kx4k tracksize:

2kx2k isnt big enough to make a realistic track?

a trick could be (im not sure though): make your track (4kx4k) (of course you cant do that just in the editor...) and resize it to 2kx2k, then create cars of 50% length and 50% properties (not all properties) of their original ones. Then, use zoom like 1.4-2.0 in racing :P - then it could probably look more realistic/detailled.

Man, what a trick. :lol:

shyguy1001

PostSat Sep 26, 2009 4:57 pm

A simple thing that would go a long way are -
Timings updated from each waypoint rather than each lap (or the possibility to make "sectors" as is the case in F1)
On the HUD display for it to say how far ahead and behind the nearest cars to you are (and possibly who they are). This would make it easier to determine who is lapping you.

Pingu

PostWed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm

When you watch the replay of a recorded race, you should be able to see what buttons the driver is touching when he's racing, they sometimes do that on f1 on tv.

So you can see when he hits accelatere or brake etc.

Whiplash

PostWed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Pingu wrote:When you watch the replay of a recorded race, you should be able to see what buttons the driver is touching when he's racing, they sometimes do that on f1 on tv.

So you can see when he hits accelatere or brake etc.

Well, not bad. But many good players could not to agree. So, it should be optional.
When we talk about recording, there is one thing that I would like to have. That's jump 5 or 10 sec back.
Last edited by Whiplash on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pingu

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 9:47 am

Racing versus your own ghost at single player.. And yout ghost is always your personal best :) (Like trackmania style)

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 10:02 am

shyguy1001 wrote:A simple thing that would go a long way are -
Timings updated from each waypoint rather than each lap (or the possibility to make "sectors" as is the case in F1)
On the HUD display for it to say how far ahead and behind the nearest cars to you are (and possibly who they are). This would make it easier to determine who is lapping you.

+1
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Rendy Andrian

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 6:53 am

Whiplash wrote:
Rendy Andrian wrote:For instance, if we collide an AI player, then that AI Player will say "Hey!" or something.

Is this joke or something? You care about ai feelings??? Wierd. :shock: :?

Just joking :).

Anyway, let's boost some more!
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Whiplash

PostFri Nov 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Sometimes this just makes me mad. Even it's obvious that I'm on tarmac, spinner is going a little slowly just like I'm touching the grass with it. I really don't know why it happen all the time. I tough that tires didn't setted on the correct place (pixel) on the pat, but tire marks tells me that I'm wrong.
Something should be changed about it.

Last edited by Whiplash on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tijny

PostFri Nov 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Well, the Spinner is slowed down quite much by the white lines, or track edges if you will. These white lines affect the acceleration of other cars too, but, for some reason, with Spinner also the top speed takes quite a hit. That's why the best drivers avoid the white lines where possible. Fixing it would mean either changing the default terrains (i.e. breaking all currently existing tracks) or the Spinner itself, so, not going to happen.

Whiplash

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Ok, time for new suggestions. :)
-When I press "space" key on mini tracks to hide all information about names of players and their lap times - I can't read my lap (L) and position (P) informations anymore. So these informations should be moved down (sometimes right)a little bit when we press "space" key (picture 1.)
-It would be great if we could get two more lap informations in that 'information corner'. First one would be my curent best lap time (color yellow); second one would be curent best lap time of all players (fastest lap) (color blue). Of course, If you play solo (train), then both lap times (yellow and blue) will be the same, or computer could show just one lap time then. These numbers (lap times) don't have to be colored of course. We could know their meaning by their positions (I think that i pick good position for them so that 'information corner' will still not to be too big). (picture2.)
Last edited by Whiplash on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jurgen-NL

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Whiplash wrote:Ok, time for new suggestions. :)
-When I press space key on mini tracks to hide all information about names of players and their lap times - I can't read my lap (L) and position (P) informations anymore. So these informations should be moved down a little bit. (picture 1.)
-It would be great if we could get two more lap informations in that 'information corner'. First one would be my curent best lap time (color yellow); second one would be curent best lap time of all players (fastest lap) (color blue). Of course, If you play solo (train), then both lap times (yellow and blue) will be the same, or computer could show just one lap time then. These numbers (lap times) don't have to be colored of course. We could know their meaning by their positions (I think that i pick good position for them so that 'information corner' will still not to be too big). (picture2.)

nice input for the game :wink:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Pingu

PostSat Nov 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Ghost car when playing solo (it always drives your own personal best / lap record)

Whiplash

PostSat Nov 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Pingu wrote:Ghost car when playing solo (it always drives your own personal best / lap record)

You allready suggested it before. :wink:
Pingu wrote:Racing versus your own ghost at single player.. And yout ghost is always your personal best (Like trackmania style)

Personally, I don't think that it's good idea at all. I like to see that fastest drivers aren't just fast, but very claver too. "Racing versus your own ghost", like you said, gives you an easy way to find better driving line, so you just need to drive lot of laps and be patient, not so claver anymore. There will not be difference between good and briliant drivers with it (only between patient and less patient ones). It's much better to watch (analyse) videos and just learn (like in real life). You need to feel good lap, not to see it (by your ghost behind you). So, I suggest you to download some Tijny's, dede's and other videos and enjoy in wonderful show. :wink:
I don't have to mention that some cups like DIT would be just destroyed with it.

dede

PostSat Nov 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Whiplash wrote:There will not be difference between good and briliant drivers with it (only between patient and less patient ones).

Uhm, I don't agree with that. Fast drivers are the ones who played this game for long enough to learn how to drive the cars. I think anybody can become as good as me just by training as much as I did during these years. And things would be better and easier if the "wanktheghost" feature was implemented. Wanking would become more interesting and challenging too.

Whiplash

PostSun Nov 29, 2009 1:44 am

dede wrote: Fast drivers are the ones who played this game for long enough to learn how to drive the cars. I think anybody can become as good as me just by training as much as I did during these years.

That's exactly what I said, let them train that much.

dede wrote:And things would be better and easier if the "wanktheghost" feature was implemented. Wanking would become more interesting and challenging too.

Players will just have better times - they will not be better drivers. So, where is the fun? It would be something like unnecessary illusion.
From another side, I could agree with it too. Probably it's more fun to play against someone (ghost), then just 'track along' style :wink: , even if it looks more 'natural' (I'm trying not to use word 'realistic'; TS never had that goal totally I think).

But ok, If all players think like you guys, then it should be included.
-I have just one suggest about it: keep oldschool 'training' option too, we could need it sometimes (I'm pretty sure that developers will do that anyway. I guess that's the rule of TS developing:"something could get in, but nothing out"...except bugs and that kind of things :wink: , and that's what I like about this game).
Ups, I got one more suggestion: :wink:
-It would be perfect if we could extract player's laps from recorded videos and use it like a ghost. No more I think...for now. :wink:
-Laps made by playing with pace car should have an letter behind like 32.224p (pace car) or 32.224g (ghost car).
Last edited by Whiplash on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

olio

PostSat Dec 05, 2009 2:20 pm

dede wrote:I think anybody can become as good as me just by training as much as I did during these years.

I don't fully agree with this. I think you need to have some talent too. The ones that are really sick quick have the combination of talent and huge amount of practice. With only talent it's not possible to get to dede&Tijny level. But without talent and huge amount of practice you can't get there either. We have talented drivers that aren't top drivers because they didn't practice enough and we have drivers that have done a lot of practice but still can't match the top drivers.

About the ghost, yeah it would help, but it's not the solution. You just really need to know how the cars behave and what makes them go faster and slower in specific situations. I've wanked several times with dede, driving the exactly same lines but still slower without understanding what I'm doing wrong. When going out for that last .05x, it's not as simple as just to drive with ghost and match it.

Whiplash

PostSat Dec 05, 2009 3:10 pm

olio wrote:I don't fully agree with this. I think you need to have some talent too. The ones that are really sick quick have the combination of talent and huge amount of practice. With only talent it's not possible to get to dede&Tijny level. But without talent and huge amount of practice you can't get there either. We have talented drivers that aren't top drivers because they didn't practice enough and we have drivers that have done a lot of practice but still can't match the top drivers.

About the ghost, yeah it would help, but it's not the solution. You just really need to know how the cars behave and what makes them go faster and slower in specific situations. I've wanked several times with dede, driving the exactly same lines but still slower without understanding what I'm doing wrong. When going out for that last .05x, it's not as simple as just to drive with ghost and match it.

All true.
-but it's much easier.

Whiplash

PostMon Dec 07, 2009 1:07 am

shyguy1001 wrote:A simple thing that would go a long way are -
Timings updated from each way point rather than each lap (or the possibility to make "sectors" as is the case in F1)

I tough a litle bit about that.
Well, it's not good solution to do that because It will all depend of track makers and their decision where to put a checkpoints. Sectors could not help a lot too. I watched some old videos (like AL-AntiSlider League videos where some guy FederDuck ruined dede's and Tijny's race :) , some Jarno's videos etc.) and I realized that players must have an instant warning when they will going to be lapped. So that warning must be conditioned by position of two cars, not by going through the way points those two cars. Warning based on way point would probably be useless for faster player in many cases, because that warning could come to late. It's the same with lapped player. He could get the warning to early so that he could let a wrong guy to go pass him.
The most important thing is that lapped player should get an easy visible warning; so it should appear just by the car.

Ok, here are my suggestions:
-The firs thing that should be done is making invisible lapped area behind the every car. (picture 1.)
-Every part of the area should behave like some kind of way point, but it will not show lap time information anymore. When faster player goes inside the lapped area of another player, that lapped player will get that information (warning) so he can be prepared for giving a pass. Like you can see, I decided to use a little red quadrat there. (picture 2.)
-Red quadrat (or any other signature) should not be visible with duration longer then 3-5sec.
The reason for that is possibility of double or triple etc. (very rarely) lapping. So when shortly lapped player get the warning for the first player, that warning (our little red quadrat) will disappear in 3-5sec. and be prepared for eventually another player(s). Once, when red quadrat disappear, lapped player will not get it again for the same player in about 40-60sec because he don't need it all the time. (picture 3.)
-In the case that two players went inside of lapped area, both cars could send that information to slower player. It would work out if programmers make possibility of showing more warning informations by the lapped car. The best signature is probably with our names, and also by using base color of our cars. It will be the same with more 1 lap faster players (even 3, 4, 5...). (picture 4.)
-It could be also perfect with possibility of more quadrats (in case that more players went into the area in 3-5sec.) colored by our base color. (picture 5.)
-Invisible lapped area, like I called it, could have another design (maybe even better and easier to make). It could be just an invisible line that will behave exactly like that area. (picture 6.)
-Maybe the line looks like that faster car could miss it, but it's impossible. Lapped car will always moving left and right, especially in zone of curves. (picture 7.)
-So, the invisible lapped line is kinda like invisible area that I suggested. Actually, the line create an area by moving (zic-zacing) of car, even not just in curves. But it's impossible to catch someone on full straight line anyway. Of course, invisible lapped line could be little shorter for safe. (picture 8.)
-Invisible lapped area or invisible lapped line is actually a new moving sector or new moving start line, but it don't counts lap times. Our times will still be updated just through the old (static) start line. Invisible lapped line will cooperate with static start line. Player 1 will be lapped if player 2 touch start line and lapped line before that player 1 touch the start line.
-With 'rough race' option (command) we will not need these improvements. So, we need possibility to turn it off too.
-And remember, this is just an idea. :wink:

Sure, there is an easier way to make this without any hard work with these lapped areas or lines. Player who is 1lap behind should see all faster cars with sign "-1lap" on them. Players who are 1lap faster should see all slower cars with sign "+1lap" on them. Also, to make this better and preciser, track makers should have ability to put few sectors on the track too.
Actually, we are already using TAB button, but it's not good enough; now we must use TAB just temporary (few seconds) because signs (with players names too) are on all cars on the track and that makes visibility problem.
I'm saying that signs (only "+/-1lap", without players names) should be only on lapped drivers and 1 or more laps faster drivers. All other cars would have no signs around its self (including the main player too).
This should be possible to set up in new main/video option where we could turn it on or off. TAB is already too busy for that.
Last edited by Whiplash on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:00 am, edited 8 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions