It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:45 pm


Transparent bridges

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

Transparent bridges

PostMon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 am

I remember that players wanted the possibility to see what's happening under a bridge (semi-transparent bridges feature requests and so on). Maybe somebody already noticed that it's possible to edit the default tiles to have transparent bridges (though tyre marks are quite big and annoying).

This is an example of how the tile should be modified:
Image

You can download the modified tile from here:
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3301/misc2imgkq3.png

Remember to save a backup of the original tiles, since transparent bridges can also generate problems (think about those bridges-based tracks // rough tracks).
Offline
User avatar

Hengari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 462
  • Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:14 pm
  • Location: Capital City

Re: Transparent bridges

PostMon Apr 07, 2008 4:19 pm

dede wrote:Maybe somebody already noticed that it's possible to edit the default tiles to have transparent bridges

You bet. Just like with other alpha blending -tiles it needs more CPU-processing but in some tracks it could be usefull. Especially for wankers.
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

Re: Transparent bridges

PostMon Apr 07, 2008 4:28 pm

Hengari wrote:Especially for wankers.


That's why it took some weeks before posting the tip, hehe :D
Offline
User avatar

Hengari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 462
  • Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:14 pm
  • Location: Capital City

Re: Transparent bridges

PostMon Apr 07, 2008 4:37 pm

dede wrote:
Hengari wrote:Especially for wankers.


That's why it took some weeks before posting the tip, hehe :D

You must mean some years...
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint
Offline
User avatar

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1131
  • Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:11 pm
  • Location: Germany

Re: Transparent bridges

PostMon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Hengari wrote:
dede wrote:
Hengari wrote:Especially for wankers.


That's why it took some weeks before posting the tip, hehe :D

You must mean some years...


lol indeed
It didn't took many wanksessions until i thought about creating invisible bridges, but even i am a wanker, i skipped the try due to being too lazy to search a tool and edit all these things... - not easy to wank in Sandslid and hope to hit the right line with speeder for example...
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

Re: Transparent bridges

PostMon Apr 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Mike Nike wrote:It didn't took many wanksessions until i thought about creating invisible bridges, but even i am a wanker, i skipped the try due to being too lazy to search a tool and edit all these things...

Hm, I don't know why I can't believe..

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron