It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:13 pm

ai for punaball and battle

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

CJMoto7

-

ai for punaball and battle

PostFri Nov 21, 2008 7:28 am

i think it would be good in 2.0.1 if u make it so u can some how make ai for punaball like getting the ai to aim at the ball or something and battle i'm not sure how that could work but could u plz it would be so cool because i can't always use the internet to play network sometimes i have to play localy so yea plz?
Visit My Website
For tracks, cars and ai lines...etc
My Player Nick: [AUS]cJm_93

dede

Community User Level: 5

Re: ai for punaball and battle

PostFri Nov 21, 2008 10:56 am

CJ_Moto7 wrote:i think it would be good in 2.0.1 if u make it so u can some how make ai for punaball like getting the ai to aim at the ball or something and battle i'm not sure how that could work but could u plz it would be so cool because i can't always use the internet to play network sometimes i have to play localy so yea plz?

PunaBall is quite complicated, not even humans understand how it should be played. Programming an AI (with the current TS code I doubt it's possible, but still) for PB would require lot of time and PB experience.

Battle seems quite complicated as well.

If you check out how AI's work, then you figure out that what you ask is impossible at the moment.

CJMoto7

-

PostSat Nov 22, 2008 1:54 am

yea ur right i know how ai works but maybe u can redo the ai code?
Visit My Website
For tracks, cars and ai lines...etc
My Player Nick: [AUS]cJm_93

Mouse

PostSat Nov 22, 2008 11:04 pm

CJ_Moto7 wrote:yea ur right i know how ai works but maybe u can redo the ai code?

You're a game designer? :) It's not so easy to do, I'm sure.

Even if it can be done, it's not worth it. It's always better to play against humans (brains) than against programmed movements of an AI.

Balint

PostFri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 am

I was thinking of having a punaball ai too but perhaps not baked into TS core. Instead, there would be a documented protocol to communicate with the TS server and then anyone (with programming skills) could develop robot ai players. I know I would like to.

I am not familiar with the current TS client-server architecture so maybe this could be trivial, maybe unreasonable. Nevertheless the actual task of ai construction could be "outsourced" this way.

Return to Suggestions