It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:04 pm

AI in network game (non-default tracks)

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

VanhaPuinenAuto

AI in network game (non-default tracks)

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi, simple question:

Is it possible to add AI to network games if the track is not a default-track? As far as i know it is possible only by making total-mod but i would like to do it so that players don't need to download AI-lines -files or any other stuff separately but everything is downloaded by the game.

Hm, i just find out that AI works in normal racing tracks but track which i would like to play online with AI is MissileBattle-track and for some reason AI players are not there in network game. Offline game works fine.

So it seems that AI is available only in offline-game if the track type is Battle?

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Simple question back: how the hell did you even get AI bots to work in an offline missile battle?

VanhaPuinenAuto

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 3:37 pm

[quote="Tijny"]Simple question back: how the hell did you even get AI bots to work in an offline missile battle?[/quote]

I first made normal racing track with normal checkpoints and AI-lines for it. Then i changed the track type to Battle and removed the racing checklines and added new checklines (or team starting positions in this case). At some point there was error that said something about invalid checksum, so i copied the track checksum from .trk-file to .lap-file.

In race the AI-players of course wont shoot and will follow lines defined when the track still was racing-track. This is imho very useful feature, in practise it is possible to make AI drive whatever lines you want to and those lines doesn't have to do anything with track checkpoints.

It is for example possible to make city-racing where AI-players drive trucks or trains in their own routes when human players try to race in the middle of them ;)

But as i said it seems that this is working only in normal racing tracks. AI just does not appear in Battle or punaball-tracks (if online).

Return to Suggestions