should we make this topic sticky?
In my opinion yes, since there were, are and will be requests to the official TS page & organisation & publisher
Now the request:
[The following text is a part of a private message replay to fasteddie...and it will interest JollyGoodGames & all other tournament pages and hosters & tournament participants...at least a bit ]
question by fasteddie:
are you going to join the new TS Hockey League? The league already has 6 teams of two, so you GOTTA join!!!! hehe
Actually i would like to take part at nearly all TS related tournaments.
But so far i haven't registered yet, since there is too less organisation AND i actually wait for more automation by TS code and by official or unofficial pages.
- the TS code will be there at the next TS version.
- official support (not only forumposts etc.) for TS tournaments will be
perhaps only there in maaaany months or in 1 year or later ...
- unofficial support is already there, but i would wish more automation for the organisation. It seems so far, that each tournament (cup) or league means a lot of organisation. That should not be the case. It is too much work for the organisers...and even for the participants - to read all rules, the updated rules, visiting forum or the tournament page, registering by posting or emailing etc.
I thought earlier today about more automation of that.
like a feedback formular at my site, there can be an easy register/signup formular with fields:
- email adress (textfield) (eventually with forum/page member account usage -> auto email adress detection = email is automatically placed there as default, but of course still changeable)
- Name in Race (textfield) (default: member name, view line above..)
- Register to Cup (textfield or...with integrated page system: combobox, where a list of created coming tournaments is listed)
- Additional Text (textfield) for cup related things like team name, team/car color, more driver datas registered at 1 email adress (for example 2 brothers) or suggestions etc.
With integration of a tournament list at the page, the signups would automatically send as email to the tournament hoster.
To avoid fake-signups, an automatically email with all tournament datas (also fetchable from the tournament page) will be send to the person who want to register, which he has to confirm. After the confirmation, his name will appear on the list of players who take part at the tournament xy.
- in the case there is no integration of tournament datas, the automation is gone for that case and the tournamenthoster will have to organise the registration stuff by his own (listing registered players at a page etc. - though he will do that anyway when planing groups etc.)
- in the case there are x (x>1) drivers / registration (multiregistration) then the registration must contain maybe a ";" to know there are more names in the name-textfield (hopefully there are no driver names with ";"...).
Or he has to make the registration x (x>1) times.