It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:11 am

JollyGoodGames Support Requests

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Ande

Game Developer

Game Developer

PostFri Jun 03, 2005 7:04 am

There won't be pit stops in 1.0.5, but if everything goes well, it should be available before June ends. The biggest new feature is better PunaBall support. Other small improvements are slow-motion and fastworward (plus warping) in video playing and the ability to remove stats panel during race. So nothing very big this time (unless perhaps for PunaBall players).

fasteddie399

Community User Level: 2

PostFri Jun 03, 2005 11:55 am

AWESOME Ande!!!! I can't wait!!!

:P

road_oktane

PostFri Jun 03, 2005 4:35 pm

[quote="Mike Nike"]qualification:
In Keppanas TS 0.86 Cup 2005 we choosed a qualification of just driving 5 laps ghost, points were 0 20 19 18 17 16 ... and the start order was Cup Positions.
So, no laptime counted as qualification, instead the totaltime of 5 laps, where fast constant drivers were the fastest -> and normally the fast constant driver(s) win also the race, so it might be also a good solution - though not like F1...

fuel consumption:
i wonder if there is not maybe a default fuel consumption each timeunit (when the engine is running).
And what if the fuel is out? -> is the players then out or can he still be pushed by a teammate into the pitstops? The code would allow the last option, i think.[/quote]

If the fuel is out, the player can still run, much slower than when he had fuel, this penalty for let the fuel tank empty is enough. To lose 1 or 2 laps until he get in the pit.

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

PostFri Jun 03, 2005 8:46 pm

If the fuel is out, the player can still run, much slower than when he had fuel, this penalty for let the fuel tank empty is enough. To lose 1 or 2 laps until he get in the pit.

Yes, very right. This might be the best solution for arcade mode. Max. speed would be perhaps 20+% of normal max. speed (and maybe acceleration).

I wonder why i forgot that...after testing this in other (german) racing games. There it was more fun than if the car would have stopped totally.
Ande will surely test enough how much max. speed is a good, when fuel is out...

road_oktane

PostSat Jun 04, 2005 2:34 am

[quote="Mike Nike"][quote]If the fuel is out, the player can still run, much slower than when he had fuel, this penalty for let the fuel tank empty is enough. To lose 1 or 2 laps until he get in the pit.[/quote]

Yes, very right. This might be the best solution for arcade mode. Max. speed would be perhaps 20+% of normal max. speed (and maybe acceleration).

I wonder why i forgot that...after testing this in other (german) racing games. There it was more fun than if the car would have stopped totally.
Ande will surely test enough how much max. speed is a good, when fuel is out...[/quote]

Yeah Mike, or this could be an option under "pitstops" menu. The player sets up how % of normal max speed the car without fuel will drive.

Another thing i forgot to mention is tha the TIRE/FUEL % decreasing speed (comsumption factor 0.0 to 1.0) should be also set by the player (host). So he can estimate how many pitstops per player will happen in a race. this way a 8 lap race can have the same number of pit stops of a 80 laps race.

road_oktane

PostSat Jul 02, 2005 10:30 pm

Ande, i'm curious,

how are your plans to make the pit system for TS? Will they really come in ts 1.06?

Ande

Game Developer

Game Developer

PostSun Jul 03, 2005 8:22 am

Hmm, where has that idea of having pit stops in 1.0.6 come from? One problem with fuel etc. is that it would most probably break downwards compatibility with earlier versions so the version number should be 1.1.x. The next big feature that will possibly be implemented in 1.0.x series is AI players. This is technically quite a challenging job so it can take some time. After that, it *could* be that the next big thing would be fuel or pit stops but as usual, I can't promise anything.

road_oktane

PostMon Jul 04, 2005 2:44 am

[quote="Ande"]Hmm, where has that idea of having pit stops in 1.0.6 come from? One problem with fuel etc. is that it would most probably break downwards compatibility with earlier versions so the version number should be 1.1.x. The next big feature that will possibly be implemented in 1.0.x series is AI players. This is technically quite a challenging job so it can take some time. After that, it *could* be that the next big thing would be fuel or pit stops but as usual, I can't promise anything.[/quote]
Ok thanks!
I'm asking you that, because many brazillian people ask me when the pit stops will be implemented. I'll tell them to calm down and wait a long time :D

xzeal

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostWed Jul 20, 2005 10:01 am

Ever since 1.05 came out i've been waiting for someone to create a dedicated punaball server.

I was wondering if it was possible for you guys at jollygoodgames to put up a dedicated pball server. There are enough players, but not enough servers for punaball. The server should be max 4 or 6 players, time limit 15 minutes (minimum 10) and goal limit 10 +2.
Previous

Return to Suggestions