It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Just ...pathetic

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Fama

Community User Level: 2

Just ...pathetic

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Can the admins remove the current post on lvp's servers:" If you "cant" finish game "dont" join or play" ?

This message is absolutely pathetic, obviously who wrote this message doesn't know that he can actually kick the player so others can join. Likewise, he should pay more attention to the way the message is shown.

This is just not a good welcome message for new and old players, makes me want to uninstall this game so much.

Who are these "admins" that think that players are some kind of robots or mutants that need to be in a game like they are in some kind of exam?

Sigh

Jan

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 pm

In my opinion that's a very good advice. It's very frustrating if people quit mid-game so it's good etiquette not to start playing if you know you can't stay until the end. I see no problem here. :?

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 7:27 pm

That message is so good, that I didn't even noticed it. I'm pretty sure that's the case with all the other people. Anyway, it seems total correct anyway - If you're a quitter, gtf out of there.
But this part is good:
Famagusta$ wrote:This is just not a good welcome message for new and old players, makes me want to uninstall this game so much...

Buahahah. What a reason.
Hey, it's rainy out there. Makes me want to uninstall myself so much. :twisted:

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostThu Sep 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Hehe i am going to take responsibility for this,
i was the one who wrote this message and i am a bit unaware that this message stayed on there so if ill go change it now then.

unless people want to leave this message on.

And for the record fama i put that message for the players like reirom, lechia etc. a lot of players were just leaving mid game like jan just said it pissed me off more then it could possibly piss you off i couldn't finish 1 game normally spending 50min in the server.

so im sorry it pissed you off ill go change it but really need to call it pathetic? no, no i dont think its pathetic at all thank you :wink:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Fama

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 12:02 am

Jurgen, I called it pathetic because for me it's not a way to deal with players but that's just my opinion and i'm using this forum to express It.

I understand (and I agree) your point of view and I have to agree with you when you mention some players that have this inappropriate conduct.

I wouldn't ever had such message if i was an admin and I would talk to players instead of writing these messages.

Jurgie, don't erase the message. It seems that I'm alone here. Just use "go to fuckyourself or play" like whiplash, as a gentile admin, would do, and forget my delusions about how to say welcome to a player. Anyways, my good friend stealth would be a better person to explain this.

Cheers

xzeal

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 10:26 am

Famagusta$ wrote:I wouldn't ever had such message if i was an admin and I would talk to players instead of writing these messages.s

Kind of hard to talk to people AFTER they leave midgame.

Fama

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 10:58 am

Then admins should warn those players that next time they get a ban. Simple as that. And... I don't mind if those players you mentioned leave midgame though:D it should be a moment to celebrate wtf.

Jurgen-NL

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 6:52 pm

no im not going to ban players :/ apart from reirom when hes in the mood wanting to get banned,

we are trying to let people play without threatening bans/kick all the time.
(only when someone breaks rules and its neccesary)

I think my message was pretty straight forward: please dont play if you cant finish the game.
Anyway there are always spectators who come and go and want to play puna, These players could have been playing rather then the people who leave midgame

Wasnt it you who argumented a bit with encourageing new players? well why not teach them some things sooner then later.

The point is we admins try to give new players the best experience we can here on TS so what happens if new players play puna and regular players like reirom and lechia ruin the first games they play...

We want this community to grow not shrink without even getting new players.

However now i read your post more clearly i might have written it down poorly and im sorry for that
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

szymek66

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:And for the record fama i put that message for the players like reirom, lechia etc. a lot of players were just leaving mid game like jan just said it pissed me off

The problem is that biggest noobs usually dont know English well :P

Return to Suggestions