It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Problems with starting server.

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

-wolf-

Community User Level: 4

Problems with starting server.

PostWed Dec 14, 2005 4:04 pm

I have problem with starting server in network game: Mouse and me tried to play in my server, but he sad that he cannot come - its error. He saw my server in list of servers, and he saw only title, and this: ??? ???- i saw this problem about month ago - one of servers in the list had that , but what i have to do?

xzeal

Community User Level: 3

PostWed Dec 14, 2005 4:28 pm

90% of the case you have a firewall installed, which does not let you host servers, unless you allow it manually.

A firewall can either be software or hardware, under hardware i mean you might have a router.

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

PostWed Dec 14, 2005 6:30 pm

Thats what i said, though i dont think he checked to see if any program was blocking TS. Make sure you get that fixed before your beetle cup!

-wolf-

PostWed Dec 14, 2005 6:58 pm

What i gonna to with the firewall?
PS i have McAfee antivirus.

xzeal

PostThu Dec 15, 2005 7:58 am

Slider wrote:What i gonna to with the firewall?

You should turn the firewall off. (or allow turbo sliders to access the internet through it, which we cant explain before we know what kind of a firewall you got).
PS: antivirus has nothing to do with firewalls.

PPS: im guessing you got a router (more then 50% of the time that is the factor)

-wolf-

PostThu Dec 15, 2005 3:09 pm

xzeal wrote:
Slider wrote:What i gonna to with the firewall?

You should turn the firewall off. (or allow turbo sliders to access the internet through it, which we cant explain before we know what kind of a firewall you got).
PS: antivirus has nothing to do with firewalls.

PPS: im guessing you got a router (more then 50% of the time that is the factor)

I have McAfee Virus scan, and with it i have McAfee security center. But how to ally sliders.exe to acess internet? I can't turn off McAfee, because i'll have viruses! I was changing windows xp about 5 times!

stummihouse

PostTue Jan 17, 2006 1:50 pm

hi!

i have Zone Alarm.
if i shout down ZA the problem is there still! :(

...moreover my "Program Control" allow sliders.exe to internet access, maybe there is another settings?

Thanks for help...and sorry my english :P

stummihouse

TnT

Community User Level: 1

PostTue Jan 17, 2006 2:40 pm

I got Zone Alarm, but that´s not the problem. It´s the Windows FireWall that is the problem. U have to shut it down but still keep your normal firewall on. For more information and help look my e-mail and add to messenger.
K.I.A. = Killer In Action

stummihouse

Community User Level: 2

PostTue Jan 17, 2006 3:29 pm

ZA down....
NOD antivirus down.....
windows firewall not exists (because i have sp1)

but the problem persists!
:*****(

xzeal

PostThu Jan 19, 2006 2:41 am

stummihouse wrote:ZA down....
NOD antivirus down.....
windows firewall not exists (because i have sp1)

but the problem persists!
:*****(

Do you have a router?

PostThu Jan 19, 2006 3:58 am

no

i havent router!!! :-/

Punatiainen

PostThu Jan 19, 2006 8:22 am

Do you have master server enabled in game settings.

stummihouse

PostThu Jan 19, 2006 8:46 am

i have!

Francesco

PostThu Jan 19, 2006 3:38 pm

Make sure that u know what ur doing if u are reading and excecuting these instructions below:

Ok this is what i had to do to get my ts server working

1st:
Add to ur virus/firewall scan the program sliders.exe to make special rules for the slider application.

2nd:

I located my host ip first (ip adress of router� and ur own)
Typ in run "cmd" so a dosbox pops up.
In the dosbox u typ: "ipconfig"
Then locate your ip adress and the third adress called standard gateway or something. remember those adresses or leave the dosbox open.

Go to your browser and typ that gatewayadress, usally its 196.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.138

Now u have enter the setup area of your router
Locate NAT or NAPT settings of your router, Check manual if ur not sure!
Then add a new route,
Inside adress:
Your Ip adress from dosbox with port 6654 on TCP protocol. Outside Ip adress should be emtpy but port 6654 should be filled.

And add a new route for the same protocol TCP but now witch port 6655

Those 2 ports are used by TS

Then 2 more routes will have to be added in the same way but now with a different protocol > UDP

So in the end u should have added 4 routes

Inside adress: Your IP Port: 6654 Outside IP: unspecified Port: 6654 Protocol: TCP
Inside adress: Your IP Port: 6655 Outside IP: unspecified Port: 6655 Protocol: TCP
Inside adress: Your IP Port: 6654 Outside IP: unspecified Port: 6654 Protocol: UDP
Inside adress: Your IP Port: 6655 Outside IP: unspecified Port: 6655 Protocol: UDP

Now u have setted up a route for the application turbosliders to your computer!

Then save ur settings on your router and start a server!

Hope can make something outta this info...
Greetings
Francesco

PS: maybe someone could make a sticky post of this message, its asked a lot. It helps to enlarge the TS community!
Last edited by Francesco on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:þ

-wolf-

PostSat Jan 21, 2006 4:53 pm

um... what about me?

Nele

PostSat Jun 10, 2006 11:26 am

I have kinda weird problem.

I configured those ports maybe a 1½ months ago, and it started working just fine.

Then, like 1½ weeks ago, I ran all of my scans. Ad-Aware, a2 Guard, Spybot - Search and Destroy, Tune Up Utilies, XoftSPy and ewido-malware. It gave me a couple of random things which i did put to delete list - One of those was a patch.exe, to crack Turbo Sliders (version 1.0.5.) Please don't claim my post because of the crack. :(

I did this because my internet started to slow down (yep, it didn't load pages at all, and I got data from FTP very slowly even it should have been like ~210kb/s. (I tried to boot my comp, no help)

After scans, my net started working again fine. I didn't try to host a game after that. I was few days away from home, and my dad did uplug our router and close it down because we had thunder storm coming in.

After this, when I tried to host a game - no one could join to it. I checked my router-settings, ports 6654-6655 were enabled to tcp and udp, to both "LAN IP's" which are 192.168.0.101 and 192.168.0.100. - I didn't find NAT, but these were on Virtual Server -list. My router is TeleWell TW-EA716 ADSL modem, Firewall+Router, Firewall of it is disabled

My IP is still the same before the router was closed, could it be about something wrong with my ip?

Now, I have a real version of this great game (finally got my debts from my friends). And my host still doesn't work. So it wasn't anything about the crack.

I am running a F1-competition for one forum, and I should host their games, but I can't. Ok, I can get another guy to host it, but I would like to host my own games on other days when he isn't around. I just don't enjoy on playing at public servers.

Anyone know what I should do to fix my host? Change ip somehow? I use Kaspersky Anti-Hacker for port-stuff, and I have made packet filtering rules for sliders.exe, to allow 6654-6655 as incoming and outcoming both UDP and TCP. Should I change them to application rules?

EDIT: Added littlebit text about router.

Tijny

PostSat Jun 10, 2006 12:09 pm

Maybe it doesn't work because you forwarded the ports 6654 and 6655 to both LAN IP's? Perhaps you can try to forward those ports only to the machine where the server is running. That's the only thing I can think of.

Nele

PostSat Jun 10, 2006 12:24 pm

Tijny wrote:Maybe it doesn't work because you forwarded the ports 6654 and 6655 to both LAN IP's? Perhaps you can try to forward those ports only to the machine where the server is running. That's the only thing I can think of.

Yep, that was it. Figured it out with Ande at irc. :)

Thanks to everyone who were thinking resolutions for this.

Sic

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 pm

I had that previous version before just like Nele, and i opened those ports from my router and firewall, it worked just fine. Now it doesnt work anymore when i have this new version, i have checked that router and firewall are fine and also sliders.exe is added to firewall, so everything is like before, except i cant host a server now? Wtf happened?

So what should i do? here's example how i have put those numbers to my router:

Public Port (From) 6654
Public Port (To)6654
TCP ---> Host IP Address 192.xxx.x.xxx
Private Port 6654

Is that ok? I have done same thing with other port numbers, and of course i have noticed TCP and UPD changes.

That host ip address is standard gateway address, i checked that from run.exe. Is that right? There is also another ip address which is different, its called IPv4-address.

dede

PostTue Jun 09, 2009 6:36 am

Sic wrote:Public Port (From) 6654
Public Port (To)6654
Private Port 6654

This forwards client port, which isn't needed I guess. Change that rule to port 6655 (change all 6654's to 6655). Make sure that your ServerPort is configured as 6655, in sliders.ini (open it with notepad).

Sic

PostTue Jun 09, 2009 8:35 am

dede wrote:
Sic wrote:Public Port (From) 6654
Public Port (To)6654
Private Port 6654

This forwards client port, which isn't needed I guess. Change that rule to port 6655 (change all 6654's to 6655). Make sure that your ServerPort is configured as 6655, in sliders.ini (open it with notepad).

Well i have done same things with 6655 already, and that's my serverport. So there is TCP and UPD for both ports (6654 and 6655).

I had same setup for previous version, and it worked just fine like i said before, i cant understand why this isn't working now.. I used Vista for earlier version just like now, so everything should be the same, except the game itself is on "Turbo Sliders2" folder because i didn't uninstall the previous version before i downloaded new version, i did it after that.

dede

PostTue Jun 09, 2009 9:04 am

Make sure your IP hasn't changed in the meanwhile (Start > Run > cmd.exe > ipconfig [enter]). If you still have TS 1.0.8, you could try setting up a server with that version and ask a friend to join. If that works, I see no way why the new TS wouldn't work on same pc & port (obviously you need to shutdown the TS 1.0.8 server before starting the 2.0.0 server).

Sic

PostTue Jun 09, 2009 9:47 am

dede wrote:Make sure your IP hasn't changed in the meanwhile (Start > Run > cmd.exe > ipconfig [enter]). If you still have TS 1.0.8, you could try setting up a server with that version and ask a friend to join. If that works, I see no way why the new TS wouldn't work on same pc & port (obviously you need to shutdown the TS 1.0.8 server before starting the 2.0.0 server).

My ip hasn't changed and i dont have that previous version anymore, i tried to uninstall game and install it again, but it still dont work, and i have noticed sliders.exe on firewall too.

dede

PostTue Jun 09, 2009 10:27 am

Sic wrote:My ip hasn't changed and i dont have that previous version anymore, i tried to uninstall game and install it again, but it still dont work, and i have noticed sliders.exe on firewall too.

Sounds strange. Try turning firewall off.

You can run tests with this tool: http://www.canyouseeme.org/
For example, these are my tests:

When TS server is running on port 6655:
Success: I can see your service on 77.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (6655)

When I have port forwarding configured but TS server isn't running:
Error: I could not see your service on 77.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (6655) - Reason: Connection refused

When port forwarding isn't configured properly:
Error: I could not see your service on 77.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (6654) - Reason: No route to host

By trying different configuration you'll sort it out.

Sic

PostWed Jun 10, 2009 6:37 am

dede wrote:
Sic wrote:My ip hasn't changed and i dont have that previous version anymore, i tried to uninstall game and install it again, but it still dont work, and i have noticed sliders.exe on firewall too.

Sounds strange. Try turning firewall off.

You can run tests with this tool: http://www.canyouseeme.org/
For example, these are my tests:

When TS server is running on port 6655:
Success: I can see your service on 77.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (6655)

When I have port forwarding configured but TS server isn't running:
Error: I could not see your service on 77.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (6655) - Reason: Connection refused

When port forwarding isn't configured properly:
Error: I could not see your service on 77.xxx.xxx.xxx on port (6654) - Reason: No route to host

By trying different configuration you'll sort it out.

I started server, with firewall off, but it still gives me this message:

Error: I could not see your service on 80.xxx.xx.xxx on port (6655)
Reason: Connection timed out
Next

Return to Suggestions