It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:09 pm


Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

  • Author
  • Message
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 11:24 am

Hey guys....let s give some ideas to brainless JGG directors and to keep game alive....

According to me HUGEST PROBLEM now is that server are 24hours/day EMPTY!!!!
Best way to do is to let new palyers play it
Also give for free 1000 licenses would be better than nothing....Otherwise in few weeks game will be dead :cry:

Think at it JGG.... :wink: (if u can)
Regards,
Waz
Offline
User avatar

Hengari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 462
  • Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:14 pm
  • Location: Capital City

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 11:32 am

Ippon-wazaari wrote:Otherwise in few weeks game will be dead :cry:


Hoh, servers are not empty 24/7 although they are not full 24/7 either. The game will absolutely be dead if you advertise it as a dead game everywhere. Those kind of ideas are really ideas at all. The amount of players doesn't increase if you just give the licenses. Players must to be interested about the game to play it continuously.

Advertising in game forums and sites is better idea. And to have demo players to register there should be some place where there are information of "official" cups for full version players that demo players see that there are much more to the game than playing in demo servers.
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint
Offline
User avatar

dragonstar

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am
  • Location: Finland

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 1:27 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:According to me...


:shock:

Otherwise in few weeks game will be dead


I don't even remember when this sentence was said for the first time...
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 1:51 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:Otherwise in few weeks game will be dead :cry:


This will happen for sure if you go in demo servers and you say "this game sucks" to demo players (as you did today).

Hengari wrote:The amount of players doesn't increase if you just give the licenses. Players must to be interested about the game to play it continuously.

I agree, but JGG should think about price. 20$ is too much. New players aren't going to buy a game like this (like demo version shows) for 20$. Did you know that demo players don't know that there are organised cups, that there are game's mods, rankings etc etc? Game's potential is not used in the right way.

Hengari wrote:Advertising in game forums and sites is better idea. And to have demo players to register there should be some place where there are information of "official" cups for full version players that demo players see that there are much more to the game than playing in demo servers.

Yes, the problem nowadays is that we have not enough demo players. When I started playing TS (June 2005) demo server was always full. Playing with demo version was fun, a lot of fun. Then I noticed about cups and other things for full version, so I decided to buy it. But still, cups should have an in-game dedicated space. Demo players don't know anything.
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 5:49 pm

Gimme 1000 new demo players....
and with only 1 site see what i will do!!!! :wink:

Dragon: i told it 1 year ago (more or less)....and U ALL told me that you are TIRED of this game....so pls instead of criticise my ideas do something else....I m just trying to keep this game alive because i think it is good but no enough new players joins!!!! :twisted:

How i see no one from JJG is doing nothing....maybe they are praying??? :lol:

Dede: I say what i think...every demo player say me that servers are empty and they don t have fun!!!! and i agree with them....how a demo player can buy a game if he see all server EMPTY??????????????
Anyway i told it an italian....no one understood me, a part from an italian guy who i was speaking with 8) )
Offline
User avatar

dragonstar

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am
  • Location: Finland

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:Dragon: i told it 1 year ago (more or less)....and U ALL told me that you are TIRED of this game....so pls instead of criticise my ideas do something else....I m just trying to keep this game alive because i think it is good but no enough new players joins!!!! :twisted:


So you said it a year ago but the game is still kicking... Also pretty strange that at irc u just said that it was ivan who said a week ago that he's bored, so little generalization here maybe? Why wouldn't I criticize if I think the idea sucks? I know you are trying to keep the game alive, you have organized many cups lately, but still it ain't good promotion to say to demo players that the game sucks.
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 7:17 pm

dragonstar wrote:
Ippon-wazaari wrote:Dragon: i told it 1 year ago (more or less)....and U ALL told me that you are TIRED of this game....so pls instead of criticise my ideas do something else....I m just trying to keep this game alive because i think it is good but no enough new players joins!!!! :twisted:


So you said it a year ago but the game is still kicking... Also pretty strange that at irc u just said that it was ivan who said a week ago that he's bored, so little generalization here maybe? Why wouldn't I criticize if I think the idea sucks? I know you are trying to keep the game alive, you have organized many cups lately, but still it ain't good promotion to say to demo players that the game sucks.


again......i ll write it again :lol: :lol: read it more carefully!!!
1 Game is not good now.....servers are 23h day empty
2 Ivan told WE are bored (refering to finnish comunity....ask him logs...he have them)
3 Idead of more demo players don t sux....all is better than now
4 I didn t say demo players that game sux...i spoke in ITALIAN to an ITALIAN guy....and we simply joked....mg.....
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 7:48 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:1 Game is not good now.....servers are 23h day empty

Game is getting good again: many players are coming back and are showing up online again (Ojis, JiMmiE22o2, ilippi...).

Ippon-wazaari wrote:3 Idead of more demo players don t sux....all is better than now
4 I didn t say demo players that game sux...i spoke in ITALIAN to an ITALIAN guy....and we simply joked....mg.....

Yes, there is a lack of demo players. And you aren't working in order to increase demo players' number. You weren't joking in TheDude server today. Or, at least, we didn't notice the joke.
Offline
User avatar

dragonstar

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am
  • Location: Finland

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 8:03 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:1 Game is not good now.....servers are 23h day empty


Two different things, the game and the number of players. To have more players it necessarily doesn't mean that you have to change something in the game. The game is good, it just needs more players. The way to get more players is another thing, new demo-mode, new advertisement methods or something else, that I don't know.

2 Ivan told WE are bored (refering to finnish comunity....ask him logs...he have them)


So you think ivan speaks on behalf of the whole finnish community?

3 Idead of more demo players don t sux....all is better than now


I guess you mean more demo players is good? Sure, but giving away free licenses like that, think again. Whether the game is freeware or it isn't. I understand that you want more players, but imo giving licenses for free ain't the solution, that would make some people quite unhappy I believe. They would be thinking "why I had to pay for it and now they are giving it away for free".

4 I didn t say demo players that game sux...i spoke in ITALIAN to an ITALIAN guy....and we simply joked....mg.....


Ah, okey. I just got another idea of what dede said
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

PostTue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 pm

dragonstar wrote:"why I had to pay for it and now they are giving it away for free".

Exactly! And we have examples that who got a license for free (some 1.x beta tester) isn't enjoying the game and playing in the right way (please don't ask about this..). Giving free licenses to everyone would be a way to kill the game, definitively:
- assholes everywhere
- seasoned players quitting
- JGG not making money
- Ande not receiving money -> no new versions
Offline
User avatar

xzeal

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 445
  • Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:32 am
  • Location: Tallinn, Estonia

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 5:45 am

Haven't we gone over this like a million times? For a moment it seemed as we all agreed that we needed a new demo version. It seems to me that things are even moving towars that at the moment.

A bit larger problem is the hostility towards several newbies and that is up to us. Especially on punaball servers. So they are new and they haven't even heard of "team work", every other exüerienceed pballer starts yelling "WTF you doing", "you ass", "omg you suck" etc. Alright, i know some of you are just ebing sarcastic, but they don't. Well with racing it isn't such an issue, but punaball has the most active servers in Europe.

brainless JGG directors
Wow you make it sound as if they all had billions of dollars huge prifate offices and doznes of topless secretaries. Ok maybe it's just me.... too much TV not enough TS.
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 5:52 am

xzeal wrote:Haven't we gone over this like a million times? For a moment it seemed as we all agreed that we needed a new demo version. It seems to me that things are even moving towars that at the moment.

A bit larger problem is the hostility towards several newbies and that is up to us. Especially on punaball servers. So they are new and they haven't even heard of "team work", every other exüerienceed pballer starts yelling "WTF you doing", "you ass", "omg you suck" etc. Alright, i know some of you are just ebing sarcastic, but they don't. Well with racing it isn't such an issue, but punaball has the most active servers in Europe.


Thats a good point, i have seen newbies under attack before - thats one way to drive someone away from the game. When i first started, i almost quit after a punaball match - it was my first one and i had no idea what i was doing, so one person was unloading insults.
I had not thought of this before - as a reason for the low number of players.

BTW this game wont be dead in a few weeks........
...and saying that it will so damn often does not help either. Remember that Hatu is advertising this forum - when someone enters and sees "this will be dead soon" they wont stay!
Image
Offline

Creator

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 115
  • Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:17 am
  • Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 9:28 am

Ippon-wazaari wrote:Hey guys....let s give some ideas to brainless JGG directors and to keep game alive....

Think at it JGG.... :wink: (if u can)


Yeah, thanks.

Gimme 1000 new demo players....
and with only 1 site see what i will do!!!!


Anyone is free to start a TS site, we even host a server and give a domain for free. We make a special build of the game where you earn a nice cut of all sales. You make it sound like it would be easy to find players if the brainless directors did something about it (I'll have to find those guys one of these days and kick them out of our penthouse office). So there you have it - show me what you will do. Please. I'm very interested, and will even support you however I can.

And just so you know, we get about 10k downloads for TS per month, so 1000 demo players isn't all that hard to get. The sales percentage is pretty good compared to other games, the biggest problem is that TS really needs a constant flow of new games all the time, quite unlike single player games...
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 11:50 am

dede wrote:
Game is getting good again: many players are coming back and are showing up online again (Ojis, JiMmiE22o2, ilippi...).



wowow....3 old players play game again while 100 are quitting :lol:

dede wrote:Yes, there is a lack of demo players. And you aren't working in order to increase demo players' number. You weren't joking in TheDude server today. Or, at least, we didn't notice the joke.


We??? u weren t there
Also 1 italian player was there: MIRO and he went out after it....so no one knows what i tell after...and OBVIOULSY i was joking!!!

Dragon wrote:Two different things, the game and the number of players. To have more players it necessarily doesn't mean that you have to change something in the game. The game is good, it just needs more players. The way to get more players is another thing, new demo-mode, new advertisement methods or something else, that I don't know


Exaclty...perfectly agree with u!!!
I meant that...sry for my english

Dragon wrote:So you think ivan speaks on behalf of the whole finnish community?


No, of course...but no one told differently!!!

Dragon wrote:I guess you mean more demo players is good? Sure, but giving away free licenses like that, think again. Whether the game is freeware or it isn't. I understand that you want more players, but imo giving licenses for free ain't the solution, that would make some people quite unhappy I believe. They would be thinking "why I had to pay for it and now they are giving it away for free".


maybe...I m more unhappy when i see empty servers

Dragon wrote:Ah, okey. I just got another idea of what dede said


np...dede wasn t there!!!
If u know me u know how much i care of this game!!!

xzeal wrote:Haven't we gone over this like a million times? For a moment it seemed as we all agreed that we needed a new demo version. It seems to me that things are even moving towars that at the moment.


For me it seems that nothing is changing....It would be nice if a new demo mode starts....(also if all agree on it)

mouse wrote:BTW this game wont be dead in a few weeks........
...and saying that it will so damn often does not help either. Remember that Hatu is advertising this forum - when someone enters and sees "this will be dead soon" they wont stay!


Uhm...i can stop telling it....but it will happen anyway!!!
If u prefer it :lol: !!!
Just trying to find a solution!!!

Moreover it is ages i don t see u playing 8) ....U re signed also for 6 nations punaball tournament and u hadn t played a single match yet!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Offline
User avatar

Hatu

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 72
  • Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:12 am
  • Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 11:55 am

creator wrote:
Ippon-wazaari wrote:Hey guys....let s give some ideas to brainless JGG directors and to keep game alive....

Think at it JGG.... :wink: (if u can)


Yeah, thanks.

Gimme 1000 new demo players....
and with only 1 site see what i will do!!!!


Anyone is free to start a TS site, we even host a server and give a domain for free. We make a special build of the game where you earn a nice cut of all sales. You make it sound like it would be easy to find players if the brainless directors did something about it (I'll have to find those guys one of these days and kick them out of our penthouse office). So there you have it - show me what you will do. Please. I'm very interested, and will even support you however I can.

And just so you know, we get about 10k downloads for TS per month, so 1000 demo players isn't all that hard to get. The sales percentage is pretty good compared to other games, the biggest problem is that TS really needs a constant flow of new games all the time, quite unlike single player games...


second that. thanks for the brainless comment though :/
Jollygood Games Community Manager - http://www.jollygoodgames.com
Offline
User avatar

road_oktane

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 158
  • Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:16 pm
  • Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 12:07 pm

[quote="creator"][quote="Ippon-wazaari"]Hey guys....let s give some ideas to brainless JGG directors and to keep game alive....

Think at it JGG.... :wink: (if u can)
[/quote]

Yeah, thanks.

[quote]Gimme 1000 new demo players....
and with only 1 site see what i will do!!!!
[/quote]

Anyone is free to start a TS site, we even host a server and give a domain for free. We make a special build of the game where you earn a nice cut of all sales. You make it sound like it would be easy to find players if the brainless directors did something about it (I'll have to find those guys one of these days and kick them out of our penthouse office). So there you have it - [b]show me[/b] what you will do. Please. I'm very interested, and will even support you however I can.

And just so you know, we get about 10k downloads for TS per month, so 1000 demo players isn't all that hard to get. The sales percentage is pretty good compared to other games, the biggest problem is that TS really needs a constant flow of new games all the time, quite unlike single player games...[/quote]

I got some concrete ideas to make it happen here in Brazil!
I'll contact you as soon my final exams passes :D
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 1:38 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:We??? u weren t there
Also 1 italian player was there: MIRO and he went out after it....so no one knows what i tell after...and OBVIOULSY i was joking!!!


So? If I'm not there you feel free to say those type of things??

Message: <RAINIERI DUE> che palle
Message: <Ippon-wazaari> vero
Message: <Ippon-wazaari> qst gioco fa cagare
Message: <Miro> ke dici?
Message: <RAINIERI DUE> concordo
Message: <Ippon-wazaari> a e piace?


Logs exist! :wink:


And BTW, you quoted everyone BUT what Jani said. So, maybe, the one that ran out of ideas isn't him.
Offline
User avatar

dragonstar

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am
  • Location: Finland

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 2:32 pm

creator wrote:we get about 10k downloads for TS per month, so 1000 demo players isn't all that hard to get. The sales percentage is pretty good compared to other games, the biggest problem is that TS really needs a constant flow of new games all the time, quite unlike single player games...


This is pretty interesting. So the biggest problem is to get those players to play the game. Maybe more (official?) cups or leagues could do the trick? But those leagues should be well advertised. Something like ingame messageboard or links to this forum or some other page where you could see all the cups/leagues and results?
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 4:27 pm

dragonstar wrote:This is pretty interesting. So the biggest problem is to get those players to play the game. Maybe more (official?) cups or leagues could do the trick? But those leagues should be well advertised. Something like ingame messageboard or links to this forum or some other page where you could see all the cups/leagues and results?

But this will require a big mod of the game.. I don't think Ande is going to implement (already suggested)..
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 5:39 pm

dragonstar wrote:
creator wrote:we get about 10k downloads for TS per month, so 1000 demo players isn't all that hard to get. The sales percentage is pretty good compared to other games, the biggest problem is that TS really needs a constant flow of new games all the time, quite unlike single player games...


This is pretty interesting. So the biggest problem is to get those players to play the game. Maybe more (official?) cups or leagues could do the trick? But those leagues should be well advertised. Something like ingame messageboard or links to this forum or some other page where you could see all the cups/leagues and results?


it is an idea...after my exam i ll post some more interesting!!!
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 6:32 pm

creator wrote:And just so you know, we get about 10k downloads for TS per month, so 1000 demo players isn't all that hard to get.


Are we sure about statistics? If they download the game, at least a 30% of them should be playing online, but I can't notice 30 new demo players either. What does this mean?

10k (multiple) downloads/mo
1k (real) downloads/mo
700 of them quit after seeing the demo
300 keep the game on PC
200 of these play the game and after few days quit
100 of them continue playing for more than 1 week
50 of them enjoy the game and continue playing more than 1 month
25 of them start playing online
15 of them quit because of lack of players
the remaining 10 players quit because of their suckiness

So we have 0?

mang i hope it's not real :shock:
Offline

mikko

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 217
  • Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:38 pm

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 8:32 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:According to me HUGEST PROBLEM now is that server are 24hours/day EMPTY!!!!
Considering the number of active players, there are too many servers. If we would shift to just one server (including both demo and registered), I believe that would be frequently full of players.


Ippon-wazaari wrote:Also give for free 1000 licenses would be better than nothing
Basically I think that giving away a massive number of licenses is not a very good idea. I mostly agree with the justifications given by dede. Moreover, the point expressed by dragonstar that "why I had to pay for it and now they are giving it away for free" is valid, that's how many people surely think, even though I do not sign that myself. Giving free licenses to make the game more enjoyable does not cost a penny for me, instead that would be an additional value of the money I once invested into the game.

Instead of giving away a large number of licenses, it would be good for the game to give free licenses for those long-time demo players that (a) are clearly addicted to the game and (b) are not capable of purchasing the game. This would not take anything away from anyone, not from JGG, not from any registered player. The big problem, however, is to decide who meets both of these conditions. One such person is silcir, I'm pretty sure.
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 8:38 pm

Waza waza waza......i have told you, dede, B4 and others so many times - i am not signed for the 6 nations cup. Again - i am NOT PLAYING IN IT.
BTW i have not been playing because i have other important things to do.
Image
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 9:37 pm

mikko wrote:One such person is silcir, I'm pretty sure.


Yes, he is fast, but I don't think he is very addicted. Anyways, giving free licenses to players like him wouldn't be a like idea. Did he do something important for the game? Is he racing costantly and much online? I really don't think so.

Free licenses should be assigned to the ones that are trying to build something good for the game (once again.. THEDUDE!). To normal players they can be assigned in case of winning demo cups or contests, for example. Nothing more.

:wink:

mouse wrote:Waza waza waza......i have told you, dede, B4 and others so many times - i am not signed for the 6 nations cup. Again - i am NOT PLAYING IN IT.
BTW i have not been playing because i have other important things to do.

Yeah, like visiting this forum and replying to Waza's messages.
:roll:
Offline
User avatar

dragonstar

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am
  • Location: Finland

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 9:57 pm

dede wrote:To normal players they can be assigned in case of winning demo cups or contests, for example.


Yes, license must be earned. Whether you pay for it or you earn it by some cup or something similar. It's quite hard trying to decide who has played enough to earn the license just because of that.
Next

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron