It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:30 am


Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Hengari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 462
  • Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:14 pm
  • Location: Capital City

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostFri Jun 23, 2006 12:05 pm

dede wrote:If JGG assigns a license like this I'll ask for 10/20 free licenses for players in this situation. So they can't say "NO". And if others players ask too, then they just have to prove their condition is like silcir's one.

This is logic, not the way you purposed to assign new free licenses.

Yep, giving licences away just like that is not good. The main question is not about the money, you can always get some if you really want. It's about humans' prime principles to be lazy and kinda greedy. Everything for free.
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint
Offline
User avatar

dragonstar

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am
  • Location: Finland

Re: Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

PostFri Jun 23, 2006 3:32 pm

dede wrote:Hey Dragon, this is something linked to the discussion we had yesterday, isn't it? :wink:


Nah, I don't think it is said here at that purpose.
Offline

Creator

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 115
  • Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:17 am
  • Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA

PostFri Jun 23, 2006 5:58 pm

Just a random comment here... I don't know the situation with this silcir person, but not having a credit card has never really been a reason to not buy games from Jollygood Games. We have been a still are one of the only game distributors who accept payments using PayPal (which only requires a bank account) and even wire transfer / bank giro from EU countries (again, I don't know where this person is from). A lot of our customers (for other games too) prefer to shop with us because of the fact we offer additional payment methods, and not just credit card.

And no - we're not going to grant a free license to a good player just for the sake of doing so. That would just discourage other good drivers licensing the game. We sponsor cups from time to time and will always consider rewarding people who run fan sites or bring in new customers.
Offline
User avatar

dragonstar

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am
  • Location: Finland

PostFri Jun 23, 2006 6:29 pm

creator wrote:A lot of our customers (for other games too) prefer to shop with us because of the fact we offer additional payment methods, and not just credit card.


Easy to believe, coz I'm one of them. :D
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

PostFri Jun 23, 2006 7:28 pm

creator wrote:Just a random comment here... I don't know the situation with this silcir person, but not having a credit card has never really been a reason to not buy games from Jollygood Games. We have been a still are one of the only game distributors who accept payments using PayPal (which only requires a bank account) and even wire transfer / bank giro from EU countries (again, I don't know where this person is from). A lot of our customers (for other games too) prefer to shop with us because of the fact we offer additional payment methods, and not just credit card.


Agree

creator wrote:And no - we're not going to grant a free license to a good player just for the sake of doing so. That would just discourage other good drivers licensing the game. We sponsor cups from time to time and will always consider rewarding people who run fan sites or bring in new customers.


What about rewarding also people who keep comunity alive? :D
Maybe is more important then creating fun sites or other....
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostFri Jun 23, 2006 9:03 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:
creator wrote:Just a random comment here... I don't know the situation with this silcir person, but not having a credit card has never really been a reason to not buy games from Jollygood Games. We have been a still are one of the only game distributors who accept payments using PayPal (which only requires a bank account) and even wire transfer / bank giro from EU countries (again, I don't know where this person is from). A lot of our customers (for other games too) prefer to shop with us because of the fact we offer additional payment methods, and not just credit card.


Agree

creator wrote:And no - we're not going to grant a free license to a good player just for the sake of doing so. That would just discourage other good drivers licensing the game. We sponsor cups from time to time and will always consider rewarding people who run fan sites or bring in new customers.


What about rewarding also people who keep comunity alive? :D
Maybe is more important then creating fun sites or other....


Who has done what to keep this community alive? Without them what would it be like now? Besides building fan sites what is being done now? (besides what Creator, Hatu and Ande did / are doing).
Image
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

PostFri Jun 23, 2006 9:22 pm

mouse wrote:
Ippon-wazaari wrote:
creator wrote:Just a random comment here... I don't know the situation with this silcir person, but not having a credit card has never really been a reason to not buy games from Jollygood Games. We have been a still are one of the only game distributors who accept payments using PayPal (which only requires a bank account) and even wire transfer / bank giro from EU countries (again, I don't know where this person is from). A lot of our customers (for other games too) prefer to shop with us because of the fact we offer additional payment methods, and not just credit card.


Agree

creator wrote:And no - we're not going to grant a free license to a good player just for the sake of doing so. That would just discourage other good drivers licensing the game. We sponsor cups from time to time and will always consider rewarding people who run fan sites or bring in new customers.


What about rewarding also people who keep comunity alive? :D
Maybe is more important then creating fun sites or other....


Who has done what to keep this community alive? Without them what would it be like now? Besides building fan sites what is being done now? (besides what Creator, Hatu and Ande did / are doing).


mg...that no sense phrase are micidial!!!
Who??? lots of ts lovers
Without them?? worste than now....
Hatu??? who he is???
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostFri Jun 23, 2006 11:56 pm

My main question was what those TS lovers did? What did they do to help the community survive?

on a side note (and i mean no offence to anyone) but i am having trouble understanding some people, confusing to read. This is the reason for my million questions mabye.
Image
Offline
User avatar

Hengari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 462
  • Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:14 pm
  • Location: Capital City

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 12:25 am

mouse wrote:My main question was what those TS lovers did? What did they do to help the community survive?.

- Lots of tracks?
- Guides to make tracks/tiles/have a server?
- Organize cups?
- Fan sites?
- "Advertise" in forums and among friends
- Played in servers?

What else could have been done?
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 12:42 am

Hengari wrote:
mouse wrote:My main question was what those TS lovers did? What did they do to help the community survive?.

- Lots of tracks?
- Guides to make tracks/tiles/have a server?
- Organize cups?
- Fan sites?
- Played in servers?

What else could have been done?


My point in asking was sort of a reply to waza - after him asking why all people who help are not given a reward. He said "Maybe is more important then creating fun sites or other...." what else could be done that is bigger than this really? Indeed track, car, cup, guide making is great, but i dont see this helping the community, in the big picture anyway.
Image
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 12:59 am

mouse wrote:"Maybe is more important then creating fun sites or other...." what else could be done that is bigger than this really? Indeed track, car, cup, guide making is great, but i dont see this helping the community, in the big picture anyway.


Cups -> are helping a lot (BECAUSE you organise a moment when players can play with many others)

Tracks/cars/guides.. -> are helping too, everythink is helping!

Websites -> are important, but they can't work without other things said before.

Any type of help is welcome. If we work all together to help this game, then it will be alive forever; otherwise, if people go through servers sayin' "THIS GAME IS SHIT, QUIT!!!" and behaving like arses, then the game will loose players.
Offline
User avatar

Hengari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 462
  • Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:14 pm
  • Location: Capital City

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 1:00 am

mouse wrote:My point in asking was sort of a reply to waza - after him asking why all people who help are not given a reward. He said "Maybe is more important then creating fun sites or other...." what else could be done that is bigger than this really? Indeed track, car, cup, guide making is great, but i dont see this helping the community, in the big picture anyway.

I know that it was intended for waza but the game would be a lot poorer without thing that fans have made. The bigger picture? 23 default tracks and no punaball or xbumpz? :)

I don't thinks players who contribute to TS should be rewarded in other ways than fame and glory but though it could be nice. Lots of games have mods and things made by players without any reward and how is TS different?
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 1:20 am

haha, in no way did i mean that the things players do (tracks, cups ect..) dont help. I was replying on waza's comment about people being given a reward. I agree with you guys!

The big picture is - geting people to play the game. Sure more tracks and other things created people will help, but i dont think these things will bring in more people. I am starting to agree with others on a new demo mode, so newbies can see what the game really has. Demo mode = people cant see the things players make.

What i am thinking right now, is the major way we all can help is to advertise. There is no better way to spread the word of the game then, actually going and.... spreading the word! Gaming forums, webpages, whatever you can do. Surely this should not really be up to the players, but it can help get the game running better.

I myself am not worried that the the game will "die," but that it is only at a low point, and it just needs to get more players to make it stronger.
Image
Offline
User avatar

Hengari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 462
  • Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:14 pm
  • Location: Capital City

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 2:40 am

mouse wrote:I am starting to agree with others on a new demo mode, so newbies can see what the game really has. Demo mode = people cant see the things players make.

There are also demo versions of most of the big hit games which are usually just one level and still they are selling (but ts can't really be compared to those). The demo could be better but it shows the basics what the game has to offer just like any other demo. Why isn't it enough to get more people to buy the full version?
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 3:12 am

Well i suppose if the people cant see how many tracks / cars / game modes there actually are (and try them) they may not purchase. I had no idea about punaball when i first played (well i bought it on my 2nd day, i loved the default racing) but if i heard "soccer with cars? oh please."

As of now i have no idea what kind of new demo setup is needed to get more players. I know some time ago there were tries with a timed full version but it failed.

Most big game's demos show everything the game has. Mainly because most games are not as customizable. (really, modding TS is not so much a mod as it is a part of the game). TS is really stripped down. My only idea is not to really add features to the demo but to switch them.

- Out with statistics, car colors, 20 player online, custom cars.
- In with punaball, battle, custom tracks, and some sort of new timing system (30 min per day, something like that.)

I could make a full list of a new demo mode idea, but i would really need to think more about it. And this is not the topic for it either.
Image
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 12:59 pm

mouse wrote:haha, in no way did i mean that the things players do (tracks, cups ect..) dont help. I was replying on waza's comment about people being given a reward. I agree with you guys!

The big picture is - geting people to play the game. Sure more tracks and other things created people will help, but i dont think these things will bring in more people. I am starting to agree with others on a new demo mode, so newbies can see what the game really has. Demo mode = people cant see the things players make.

What i am thinking right now, is the major way we all can help is to advertise. There is no better way to spread the word of the game then, actually going and.... spreading the word! Gaming forums, webpages, whatever you can do. Surely this should not really be up to the players, but it can help get the game running better.

I myself am not worried that the the game will "die," but that it is only at a low point, and it just needs to get more players to make it stronger.


U can t be worried...u never play!!!
Anyway i just wrote that if someone should be rewarded they should be people who keep comunity alive (and do all that hengari wrote)...not the one who make fun sites and nothing more...
This is obviuos....
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Hey man what do you think i quit TS? I do play! Though i do infact have a life outside of TS that takes up most of my time now.

What do you think they should be rewarded with? For helping so much. Cash for tracks? I think having someone say "hey i like your tracks, very nice!" is a nice enough reward for most people.

I hope you dont mean that all sites made are so useless. TS-Central was not made for fun, it was made to try and help bring more people together, organise cups and some other great things.

Sorry but the things i have seen you say dont seem obvious to me.

Im off now, be back to discuss in about 10 hours, bye bye.
Image
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 3:55 pm

Are you joking guys? I agree: there are players that are helping much keeping alive the community. Everyone does that, someone a bit more, someone a bit less. If we are playing TS, discussing about new demo features, trying to bring new players etc, this mean that we like TS and we try to keep it alive. Why should we receive money to keep the community alive? Keeping TS alive means that we'll have more fun, it's our own interest. I personally don't like who tell new players "you ass", "game sucks", "you slow idiot", or who hates other players just because they are noobs (like punaball) or just because they are from a certain country. We are all on the same boat, we want to have fun, we can't have fun alone. The more players, the more fun. This is pretty obvious. If players start asking for money to keep the game alive, this means that they start loosing the real goal of the game. So, if you they are doing that, they'd better quit TS: money is not the goal playing TS. I already said this when I read about that JGG/TSB money prize.

However, the only way to gain something is to bring new players and make them purchase a license. In this way:
1) community increases
2) JGG gains money
3) Ande gains money
4) Ande gets motivated into releasing a new version & new features
5) you gain some money

Actually there is one player that should receive some money: Punatiainen. This is because for playing punaball many players are buying full version. He is maybe the only one that should be rewarded.
Offline
User avatar

dragonstar

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am
  • Location: Finland

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 6:42 pm

dede wrote:If we are playing TS, discussing about new demo features, trying to bring new players etc, this mean that we like TS and we try to keep it alive. Why should we receive money to keep the community alive? Keeping TS alive means that we'll have more fun, it's our own interest. I personally don't like who tell new players "you ass", "game sucks", "you slow idiot", or who hates other players just because they are noobs (like punaball) or just because they are from a certain country. We are all on the same boat, we want to have fun, we can't have fun alone. The more players, the more fun. This is pretty obvious. If players start asking for money to keep the game alive, this means that they start loosing the real goal of the game.


Very well said!
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 10:12 pm

lol Waza was the only one to say anything about rewards. Like i said it is a stupid idea [i dont agree with it]. I agree with you on what you said, Dede.
Image
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

PostSat Jun 24, 2006 10:55 pm

mouse wrote:lol Waza was the only one to say anything about rewards


I don't care about who says a thing. I just read that and comment. It doesn't matter if it's my best friend or the one I hate the most in the world.
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

PostSun Jun 25, 2006 8:15 am

-----------------------------------MG------------------------------------
-----------------------------------MG------------------------------------
-----------------------------------MG------------------------------------
-----------------------------------MG------------------------------------
-----------------------------------MG------------------------------------


:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I JUST SAID THAT IF SOMEONE HAVE TO BE REWARDED THEN THEY MUST BE PEOPLE WHO SPEND THEIR FREE TIME FOR TS COMUNITY....

At the moment no one have to be paid for nothing....
If in the future someone will do something which will increase players and jgg bank account.....then....maybe....
Well...not the place to speak about it....not the people to speak who!!!

It was only a little precisation....
In 2 years i did it ONLY for fun 8) ....because i like the game and i think that THIS game should deserve something better!!!

Mouse pls don t reply....i m bored of that no-sense conversation
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostSun Jun 25, 2006 6:02 pm

take it easy waza. Really i have a hard time understanding you, it must be why we are not meeting in our conversation.
Image
Offline

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:31 pm
  • Location: siena, Italy

PostSun Jun 25, 2006 7:17 pm

[quote="mouse"]take it easy waza [quote]
I would prefer spinner
Offline
User avatar

Jazzyclub

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

  • Posts: 586
  • Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:11 am
  • Location: Milano - Italy

PostSun Jun 25, 2006 8:48 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:
mouse wrote:take it easy waza

I would prefer spinner

bhuahbuabhuh i can choice antislider?
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron