It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 am

Suggestions to increase numbers of players!!!

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Jun 25, 2006 10:54 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:
mouse wrote:take it easy waza

I would prefer spinner

Well thats great! You see, my lawnmower has not been running good, if you could come trim around my trees and bushes that would be awesome. :P

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Jun 26, 2006 12:14 pm

mouse wrote:
Ippon-wazaari wrote:
mouse wrote:take it easy waza

I would prefer spinner

Well thats great! You see, my lawnmower has not been running good, if you could come trim around my trees and bushes that would be awesome. :P

:wink:

Sativa

PostWed Dec 13, 2006 12:01 am

Hi my friends of the JGG!

I tried to compriender the maximum what you they had commented in this topic.

I perceived that as well as in the Brazilian community (TSB), a great part of you “is worriedâ€

dede

PostWed Dec 13, 2006 12:41 am

Thanks for your comments, Sativa. Many other players agreed on this "new demo mode", but it's nice to see that a totally different community like yours came to the same conclusions as we did.

[Swoot]Prazene

Community User Level: 1

PostWed Dec 13, 2006 1:28 pm

dede wrote:Thanks for your comments, Sativa. Many other players agreed on this "new demo mode", but it's nice to see that a totally different community like yours came to the same conclusions as we did.

We came to that conclusions, Brasilians did too...someone else didn't yet :(

Scud

My idea

PostSat Jan 19, 2008 4:09 am

It might help this superb game staying alive if demo players(like me) can give free license once in a while...as gift for playing fair and spending hours with this game. And how to do that? Simple, every ts members can suggest who deserves free license...this might improve demo races quality(less idiots just fooling around) and this way new players might spend more time with this game. I hope there will be more players soon in full version servers, because i am seriously thinking to buy full version soon...im so addicted in this game(so, free license for me? Lol, just kidding).
~siLciR <3~

Jazzyclub

PostSat Jan 19, 2008 8:36 am

a good way to increase full version players "for me" is to organize a montly cup where to gift 1-2 or maybe 3 fre license for the best players or something similar...

it can increase the number of demo players and increasing they skill to get the free license...

dede

PostSat Jan 19, 2008 2:20 pm

The last demo cup was organized 1 year ago by Mike Nike and it was quite messy (few players showed up). Now the demo community is about dead, we have no "addicted" demo players (talking about European community). So, most probably, organizing a demo cup now and then wouldn't be a good solution. Turbo Sliders (full version) needs active players, so we shouldn't give free licenses to the most skilled demo players (basing on a 1-hour-cup), but we should assign that license (or more licenses indeed) to the most dedicated player considering a long period (1-3 months). Or again, 1 license/month based on last 3 months racing results (so you would need 3 months activity to have a chance to win the license). This would increase demo players activity and hopefully their number as well.

dby

Community User Level: 2

PostSat Jan 19, 2008 3:12 pm

Or perhaps a discount for dedicated demo players?... more dedication = better discount.

dede

PostSat Jan 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Eheh, anyway it would require a web based program to calculate the activity and the discount (at least). Or again.. just freeware for everybody and much ads inside the game (plus the website, which is already advertised). I don't get: if the game isn't selling much lately (I think Jani/Ande pointed it out in the forum), freeware+ads should bring them at least the same money they're getting now. We could study a "clever" way to get more money from ads, open a donation system, and so on. It would be just the best for TS, and it wouldn't change much for JGG/Ande. But it seems they don't think so yet :P

kovalainen

PostSat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Well i think that mainly in the terra servers from what i have seen is that there are quite a few european players who have asked me is it worth paying (€15/$20/£10 ) for full version? & i've told them yes & explained why but its seems like there not convinced & because this server is pretty active for a demo server they dont feel the need to.

like people have said a better demo version would be nice to convince players into stepping up to full version but doing something like that could prolong thier stay in demo version?

maybe there should be a trial version intoduced maybe based on so many days e.g. 6-7days where you can use full version to see what its like with cups etc etc then once that period is over you are back to demo version unless you buy full version.

maybe some kind of system where you can only use that feature Once on the same computer no matter if uninstall it.

Scud

PostSat Jan 19, 2008 10:19 pm

One problem what i have seen is that there aint european demo server where u can drive with TSB-F2(my fav car) and others non regular cars...so i have played this game in Terra demo server where are quite often european players(who dont have full vesion). So, what i am trying to tell here is that we need european server with all cars, maybe then we get more european players addicted in this game. Now i see only dead euro demo servers when i am playing there...I really hope we get more players soon, i am so addicted in this game(i play like 3-5 hour/everyday in terra demo server) i have been thinking to buy full version but if there aint players...starting to get bored about those 3 demo tracks.
~siLciR <3~

dede

PostSat Jan 19, 2008 11:40 pm

[HC] Venom wrote:I really hope we get more players soon, i am so addicted in this game(i play like 3-5 hour/everyday in terra demo server) i have been thinking to buy full version but if there aint players...starting to get bored about those 3 demo tracks.

I wouldn't say there aren't players. We still have about the same players we had 2 years ago. The only difference is that they aren't addicted anymore (they don't play 5h/day anymore, since they did that for years and now maybe they got a job/they don't have free time anymore). They still join organized tournaments, and they join cups just by calling them via msn/irc.
Having 15/20 players in a server is quite normal nowadays, in organized/hosted cups (tournaments, rough, full contact..). What's missing in TS since over 1 year is a demo community. Demo server was used to be full back in the old days (2 years ago, when I started playing). People didn't bother about cars they had to drive (cars were just a detail -> the goal was to get always a better position than last race's, and have a lot of fun).
Now new players play just what they like the most, without learning default cars and, sometimes, without even racing (they play just punaball). Just check out who is the latest newbie who became a mediocre default car racer: olio, and he started playing over 1 year ago! Man! We didn't have any newer racer after him :shock:
Lamppu, Tzuikka, olio, etc were playing together over 1 year ago in demo servers, and they all developed their skills challenging eachothers and having fun.
Now what's happening to a newbie? He starts playing in empty demo servers (european) or he just plays on Terra servers (= no default cars racing -> he will get used to 1 car and he won't join the european full version community).
If the newbie doesn't get bored after a week, and he's addicted enough, he will hopefully visit our forum (or contact some full version player) and notice that TS isn't "just more tracks than demo". In some cases, the newbie gets convinced and he purchases the full version. But what now? He'll start playing in those servers which are populated by other players: punaball! That's why we don't have any new racer since over 1 year.
Apparently, anyway, I'm the only one who's worried about this situation.

Scud

PostSun Jan 20, 2008 12:37 am

Those cups and tournaments in full version is just what i wanted...are all cups and tournaments with default cars only? I can drive with default cars too but i
like more TSB-F2...so if there aint popular(lot of players) server where can play with all cars, i might not buy full version.
~siLciR <3~

The Dude

Discount for dedicated players

PostSun Jan 20, 2008 12:43 am

dby wrote:Or perhaps a discount for dedicated demo players?... more dedication = better discount.

Besides the technical aspect of this, I think it is a better solution than winning or getting a free license for doing this and that.
More players would benefit by a discount rather than a few winning a license and especially those who think the game is overpriced.

I would suggest a fixed discount. For example:
Full price: 20$
Player activity discount: -5 to -10$. Requirement: Playing at least 3 months in demo and having more than 300 completed races.

I think this could work. It will work just like food coupons :D some will use them and others wouldn't bother and buy the game anyway.
This isn't a lowering of the price either; that JGG doesn't want to do (discussed earlier). They would instead open a bigger target group and by having more players online would hopefully start a snowball effect with increased race activity and sales.

Anyway, I think this idea should be considered (not my example in particular but in general).

FDV

PostSun Jan 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi guys.
I think that an idea to increase TS appeal is to include in the Demo version the possibility of try Punaball mode,even for a few days.
I think that punaball is a strenght of turboslider,and maybe attention can be focused on this,to convince demo players to get full version.
It would be good,if possible, a PunaDemoServer ,with 1 minute duration matches.In my opinion this trial would be very involving.

NO to free licenses,it's not right for loyal players that paid it.
YES to 5$ discounts

What about TERRA DEMO SERVER? It's often full,but how many of these players decide to buy full version?We should try to convince them,but I think that they are loyal to tsb formula1 car not to the game.

Anddru

PostSun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 pm

Who wanna use 3 month gaming a lot in the demo? I don't think any :)

If people think this is a nice game, then buy it. We are talking about 20$ if i'm correct. You can get that amount in no time.

What I think would help, is if you in the demo let people try Punaball, and maybe don't let the demo be for all time. Not just 30 minutes or something, a big amount of time, and then after that they can buy.

Just my opinion
In my new website you can find my tracks and cars!
http://druerne.org/ts

Hope you will enjoy!

dede

PostSun Jan 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Anddru wrote:Who wanna use 3 month gaming a lot in the demo? I don't think any :)

If people think this is a nice game, then buy it.

Oh really. I know players who played the demo for years and they didn't buy it anyway. If demo can provide a good online challenge and community, people can have fun even without buying the full version.
The problem is that without a good demo community we won't have any new full player (naturally talking about european racing community).
About those game-changes you suggest, I would say just to give up. Those woudn't be possible even if Ande/JGG agreed on them. It would be better suggesting possible real (= not related to new game mods) solutions for this problem.

Limp-pu

PostSun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm

make the game cheaper. 19.95 USD seems to be too much.

mikko

PostSun Jan 20, 2008 6:26 pm

I cannot see how the price could be an issue. You only have to pay that (relatively low) price once, and then you can play the game forever. Decreasing the price to 0€ would make a big difference, however. That is to to freeware. This game really should be freeware.

These issues have been discussed many times and it is a great pity that they lead nowhere. Players really should be listened here. They know what is best for the game because they love it.

Scud

Now I done it

PostMon Jan 21, 2008 3:07 am

I ordered lisence...cant wait to get it and start REAL playing...
~siLciR <3~

Limp-pu

PostMon Jan 21, 2008 6:39 pm

0 € maybe too little. In the worst case servers would be full of terrorists. Dunno?

Maybe 5$ would be ideal price. cheap enough for everyone to pay without much thinking, but large enough so that only those who really like the game would pay it. dunno?

Lowering the price would be beneficial for those collecting the mony too. that is, if more enough players would buy the game. Lower price --> more customers --> sum: more mony. dunno?

mikko

PostTue Jan 22, 2008 6:58 pm

dede wrote:I wouldn't say there aren't players. We still have about the same players we had 2 years ago. The only difference is that they aren't addicted anymore (they don't play 5h/day anymore, since they did that for years and now maybe they got a job/they don't have free time anymore).

I'm so old fart that I lived that phase of life in mid 90s. Too bad there wasn't TS at those times. But fortunately there was slicks'n slide, the best game ever before TS!

Now I have to hang on with a max of 1h/day when I'm at home. :cry: But I try to compensate that by being here for the next 30 years.

dede

PostTue Jan 22, 2008 11:01 pm

mikko wrote:But I try to compensate that by being here for the next 30 years.

Haha! I'm wondering when I'll quit this game since about 2 years. I had couple of tries at some points, but I just couldn't have a break for more than a couple of hours :D

Before purchasing the game, you should be informed that it's more addictive than cigarettes. But at least you buy it once and you play it forever! :wink:

mikko

PostWed Jan 23, 2008 6:57 am

dede wrote:Before purchasing the game, you should be informed that it's more addictive than cigarettes. But at least you buy it once and you play it forever! :wink:

That would make two slogans for the game:

(1) Buy (or try) once, play forever
(2) Trying to get rid of smoking? Throw away your Nicorettes, play Turbo Sliders!
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions