0.86 Retro Trackpack

Here you can post track-related information.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Flexman
Community User Level: 2

0.86 Retro Trackpack

Post by Flexman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:51 pm

I created a track pack with all the old tracks from Turbosliders 0.86 I still had on my computer. With this pack you can add them to a current version of TS and they will look like they looked originally. This pack does not modify your existing tiles so its safe to add it

Well maybe you guys currently playing do not like the old style, but in case anyone misses the psychedelic look of some old tracks - here it is back again!

You can find it >> here! <<

Image Image

P.S.: This pack still might contain some tracks where the checkpoints were not fixed, in case this happens just let me know which tracks.

Hengari
Community User Level: 3

Re: 0.86 Retro Trackpack

Post by Hengari » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Flexman wrote:I created a track pack with all the old tracks from Turbosliders 0.86 I still had on my computer.
Quite a selection of tracks.. in bad and in good :D The trackmaking has come a long way since 1.0 was released.

As all old timers know Turbo Sliders haven't been the same after 1.0 came and especially after 2.0, so the best retro fiiling can be found by playing the game as 0.86b.

Some one already found in other thread that I have stored some 0.86b content to Sliderpoint's TS 0.86b section: the game and chosen tracks.[/url]
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint

Flexman

Post by Flexman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Hengari wrote: As all old timers know Turbo Sliders haven't been the same after 1.0 came and especially after 2.0, so the best retro fiiling can be found by playing the game as 0.86b.
Sure. But the problems with 0.86b are that it doesn't work with the current serverlist anymore. Well you could use the server-php I did once. But another disadvantage was that you couldn't remove disturbing players. Well, there was a tool Mike Nike created.

However, if you use 2.0 with this trackpack I think this gives you the 0.86-feeling with the advantages of the never Version, because gameplay should be the same if you open an server with the usual 20 tracks 4 laps settings, isn't it?

Hengari

Post by Hengari » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Flexman wrote: gameplay should be the same
Yeah, it should but it just isn't. Whatever Ande says about the game mechanics haven't changed but there was noticeable difference on how the cars behaved on 1.0 and some more on 2.0.
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint

Flexman

Post by Flexman » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Really? What is the main difference? I didn't notice any but I didn't really play 0.86 on 2.x yet. Only thing I noticed that objects got more sticky in 1.x, but this is more a problem of the tiles.

Flexman

Post by Flexman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Ok I compared with 0.86 now and noticed that I also had to deactivate the Lightmap so that tracks look the same. Also I had the Qster-Tiles in the wrong directory. But now it should work.

I noticed that there seem to be some timing problems in 0.86. Version 2.0 runs fine on my new computer while 0.86 will be much slower and also slow down the rest of the computer. Maybe this leads to a different driving behaviour?