It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:05 pm

3 New tracks.

Here you can post track-related information.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Ek Poepol

Community User Level: 1

3 New tracks.

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Hey all.

My first three tracks after having stopped playing this game for about two years... Two of which are photoshop tracks (which I only figured out how to do about 2 days ago :)).

Here are images of the two Photoshoped ones.

Laguna Seca replica.

Loudern.

Lemme know what you think, I'd also really really like it if some of the top guys like dede and tijny told me what I could do to improve maps like these to cup quality. I'd like to make maps for competitions :). Personally I think that Loudern isn't far off, though it might be a bit long (+- 40 seconds). Which I read somewhere is bad. :( I do realize that my name in on the track could be very distracting, though it can easily be moved somewhere else. Laguna Seca is a bit narrow so that's what I see wrong with that. Otherwise any criticism is accepted :)

Anyways hope you guys like them.

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 1:13 pm

You made obstacles (stones, bushes, tries) too close to the curves. It's easily to stuck there. Just watch and analyse Tijny's tracks.

Dide Dide

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 pm

I dont know who you are :D But i think that some Turns are looking a bit square, which from my point of view is wrongly done,
The 1st photoshoped Track is a high Speed Track, no slow turns at all, with some square turns :P, and the sidemarks are not that smooth :D, Should had 2 or more slow parts.

The 2nd Photo... Track gives some challenge for me, again some turn looks square, if you get a good line you could pass that 1-2 easily. I Hope the cars break really hard to almost 0 speed :D when they enter the Pit because i could make a rec in a lap by ending using the pit line entry. Just some smooth turn skidmarks and fix the Pit entry

Ek Poepol

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 2:11 pm

The square turns are probably cause I'm still new to this :)

I think it's because I make my turns really (short) and sharp. I should also probably try to make my tracks wider.

The pitlane was funny to me, after trying the track I saw that the pitlane allows you to put a killer lap in by skipping those two curves... So that is a problem. I'll keep that in mind for my next tracks, this is just a learning run for me, so I can get a feel for what to do. If people like Loudern (which I really really hope happens) I'll fix the pitlane, for now though, I will just leave it as is :).

I hear what you're saying about the obstacles, but I encourage you to try the track first, I might not be the best ever, but I didn't seem to have problems with them. Laguna Seca is a bit of a high speed track, though I think it's quite balanced... Again please try the tracks first :). Also it's a lot narrower than it looks :). So the turns are slower than they appear.

I will definitely note what you've said in my next track (square kurbs, better pitlane and obstacles to close). Though I think you might change your opinion on the obstacles after driving them.

Thanks for the feedback :)!

Whiplash

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 3:35 pm

About the obstacles:
Believe me, they are too close. We already had many those kind of tracks. You can't test them just by your self driving on them. You need to have 20 players there hardly triying to overtake each other from all sides. On serious (oficial) competitions (such as F1 league) we all push the car to its limits, and we allways have fatal result in those curves. :wink:

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:05 pm

You've definitely put a lot of effort into these, that much is obvious.
But as Whiplash said, obstacles are too close. And the best way to know how far you should put them is to just open up one of the many TSE tracks (mostly by Tijny, some by dede, some by Keppana, some by me..) and see how far they are. There needs to be quite a lot of space.

As for the laptime, 40 seconds isn't too short or too long. For me it's just somewhere in between. What I try to do with my TSE tracks is to have the laptime somewhere around 40 seconds without fuel. Faster than 40s is a bit bad, over 40s is quite good in my opinion. Laptime will start to complicate things when driving long races: the leaders will catch the guys in the back depending on how long the track is. If it's somewhere over 40s, then less players will be lapped and they will be lapped less times. I learned with my TSE track Barenfold, which was a decent track, but quite short so there was a lot of traffic.

Long rant, eheh. But coming back to your tracks I think you can play around with different configurations, have more courage to vary the curves, their length and tightness etc. Experiment :) Weird signs/names on track are a no-no, though. It just disturbs the drivers.

Return to Tracks