It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Track Editor

Here you can post track-related information.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Coolsea

Track Editor

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 6:39 am

Sorry if this is already a topic, but I could not find it. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give a brief explanation on how to create tracks using the track editor. I made it as far as clicking the track editor icon and received the message "could not open output.txt" . I may be in over my head and abilities, but thought I would give it a try. Thanks in advance for any input!

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Re: Track Editor

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Coolsea wrote:Sorry if this is already a topic, but I could not find it. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give a brief explanation on how to create tracks using the track editor. I made it as far as clicking the track editor icon and received the message "could not open output.txt" . I may be in over my head and abilities, but thought I would give it a try. Thanks in advance for any input!

I heard that solution for that is to open that icon as administrator. You're probably using Windows 7. So, right click on the icon, and then "run as administrator". I guess that's how option is named.

Coolsea

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 12:09 am

Thanks Whiplash, it worked perfect and I made my first track! It kinda stinks because i made it smaller than I intended, but it will be sure to make people tear their hair out. That said, I can't figure how to create the finish line. I set the first control point at the starting line, and then subsequent control points around the track. I thought I knew what I was doing, but I cant create a lap. Suggestions?

Del

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 6:58 am

The starting line is the first control point and also the finish line. Remove all the control points and do it again starting from what is now the second.

Coolsea

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 7:34 am

Thanks for the response Del. I tried again but to no avail. Perhaps I do not understand how the control points work. Are they meant to be placed in such a way as to be driven across? Like lines perpendicular to the racing surface? Also, my track has a split where drivers may go to either side. I've tried it several ways but still cant make a lap. Getting lots of practice though...

edit- I loaded some of Ande's tracks into the editor, and his control points basically look like mine. I place them along the track, with plenty of room for the car to cross it, so I have no idea what Im doing wrong. Like I said, its my first track so it is quite possible I made several mistakes. Could layering tiles have an effect? Like tarmac on top of grass?

Whiplash

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 1:39 pm

The reason is probably that you accidentally picked the wrong "track type". You've probably set it to "single lap track" or "battle track". To change that, just press F9 and then keep clicking left mouse until you change it to "racing track". After you do that, it will like Del described. Don't forget to save the changes after you make them (F6) :wink:

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Ok, here's a little explanation how control points should be inserted. These are like invisble check points which you will need to run through to complete a lap. The first control point is the start and finish line. The square in left to the first control point just shows where the cars appears in the start. Remember to make enough wide control points, too tight control points may cause incomplete lap. Remember to set track type as racing track as Whipash told you. F4 if you will like to add some light textures. F6 to save. You find your track in TurboSliders/tracks/new directory. There should be two files now in tracks/new - YourTrack.trk (track file) and YourTrack-pat.png (track pattern file). The game will need both of them, but at this point you don't need to worry about these if the track is working. Hope this helps.

To make AI lines for computer drivers
1. Go to your TurboSliders forlder and find Sliders.exe
2. Right click on it and create a shortcut
3. Right click the Shortcut to Sliders.exe and select properties
4. The destination should be something like C:\Games\TurboSliders\Sliders.exe
5. Edit it a little to look like this C:\Games\TurboSliders\Sliders.exe -airecord 1
6. Click Ok and Use
7. Start the game by clicking the Shortcut
8. Select your track and start wanking, 10-20 laps should be ok
9. As you start driving, you should see in up right corner "AI Record"

Removing bad AI laps
1. Go to your Sliders/AI folder and find YourTrack.lap.new
2. Open the file for example in notepad
3. You can now scroll down and track which laps needs to be removed
4. Save and go have some fun

Whiplash

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Keppana wrote:Select your track and start wanking

Best part. :D

Keppana

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Keppana wrote:Select your track and start wanking

Best part. :D
:D Hopefully AI recording is integrated into the game in future release (plz.. new version some day?) and also managing AI laps. AI file selector could also be interesting, and ofcourse AI players to make pit stops and fuel strategy editor.

Coolsea

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks for all your help guys. Im starting to think there is something wrong with my computer, I was up all night trying things and also implemented everything yall had to offer. Would anyone be willing to take a look at my track files for me? I made a second track (basically just a circle to test control points) and it didnt work either. Im hoping my pc is just broke cause Im starting to feel stupid haha. If anyone would like to take a look for me it would be highly appreciated. Not sure how I would transfer you the files though...

edit- Whoever helps me fix this will get a track named after them, and Ill let you pass me on it once!

edit2- figured it out! I had a control point sitting in an awkward place on a jump. Thanks for all the help guys. How can I make it available for others now?

Keppana

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 9:14 pm

That's a bit tricky to upload your track but just follow these steps

1. On this site, click on Tracks
2. Click Upload Track
3. Now you see below some lines "* Please open your track's .trk file with Notepad, and copy CAREFULLY this data from track code. Otherwise you can use our tool to extract this data: Click Here."
4. So click that blue one link, Click Here
5. Choose file = Choose YourTrack.trk -> Extract Track Data -> Save Track Data
6. Now you see that many required fields are filled - don't touch them
7. Next select your track Category
8. Add some description, my first track, a funny one etc.
9. Zipped Track - You'll need to either Zip or Rar your track files. So Rar or Zip your track files (YourTrack.trk and YourTrack-pat.png) in a single file, for example Coolsea-YourTrack.rar -> Go download and install WinRAR, very handy and free.
10. Preview Image - Take a screenshot of your track (PrintScreen) or you can use YourTrack-pat.png file
11. Ready to Upload Track and after a while it appears in Tracks section

This is important: The track you upload to Tracks should be surely working. If you feel uncertain you can send it to me so i can check it out this time, see my profile for email. Or if you have MSN that makes things easier, just PM if you will.

Return to Tracks