TSM - TOCA SUMMER TOURNAMENT - 2ND EDITION

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

xzeal
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:19 pm

Mouse wrote:Any ideas of what we can do to make race starts cleaner? Rockingham was not so bad, but the Nurburgring track is probably going to be a mess (people will cut nearly every turn, so close to obstacles).

I have some bad thoughts on what may happen in Nurburgring, the first turns are very tight and the car is very fat! Maybe some ideas:

1 - Flying start (1 pace lap).

2 - Half pace lap (single file until a set track area is reached).

3 - Manual grid setup (cars more spread out).

4 - Controlled start (cars do not start together, but one at a time).

Dunno, some crazy ideas i guess.... but maybe one may work. Feedback, NOW! :P
Flying start could work, the rest seem a bit hard to pull off. It would make qualyfings a lot more important too

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Whatever you decide to use, I think we should test it before and there should be specific rules for any possible situation.

Jazzyclub

Post by Jazzyclub » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:15 pm

the most important rule is drive fair and clear....in any case if someone have some problem against other drivers, just say it where-when-what + a reaply if possible, the rest is our work

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:31 pm

Jazzyclub wrote:the most important rule is drive fair and clear....in any case if someone have some problem against other drivers, just say it where-when-what + a reaply if possible, the rest is our work
I think we don't have any problems there, all drivers in the cup are experienced and good clean drivers. The problems that can happen on lap 1 are not driver's fault, but the car and tracks... very hard to get through the first lap without bumping or being bumped.

Indeed it must be tested, but probably the only time we can is on race day (so we get ALL 12 DRIVERS to test it too). Why not before or after the warm up session we try a pace lap?

And yep, we can create the rules of the flying start also. Some like:

- When the driver on pole touches the start/finish line, the race is green.
(i think if the driver on pole has choice of when he starts, he will pull away too much).
- No passing other cars until you pass the start/finish line.
- Try to keep a 1 car length gap to the car in front.
- Take a slow speed around the track (tap the gas?).

Maybe we can all go to the community server, say, 15 minutes early so we can discuss and try this flying start. :)

Jazzyclub

Post by Jazzyclub » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:10 am

ANNOUNCE!!!

for today ive experienced on funny cups, someone take the pitlane in reverse mode to avoid the whole pitstop auto decelleration....

WHO TAKE THE PITLANE IN REVERSE MODE AUTOMATICALLY ARE EXPELLED FROM THE CUP AND SIGNED ON BLACKBOOK FOR FUTURE TOURNAMENT

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:17 pm

...and i hope the same rule goes for qualifying too right? Good to see the foot PLANTED! :P

dede

Post by dede » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:54 pm

Qualifications:
Quite hard finding some space for a clean lap (12 cars on a little track - only 24s). I decided to finish my 8%-to-2% lap because it seemed quite acceptable (and infact I got a .3). Much traffic & mistakes on last laps, no chance to improve. Luckily it was enough for the pole.

Race (fake one!)
Not a very good start by me, and for Speedy as well. After 10 laps I was second again and I was going to catch Jazzy from 1st position. Race could've been much tighter with Jazzy if it wasn't a 12-laps race :D

Race (real one!)
Very nice start by me, but after a couple of curves I alraedy lost my concentration and I crashed (lost one position). This crash added some fun to my race since I started battling with Jazzy for the first position. The battle ended a couple of laps later, with a wonderful overtaking ended with a crash for Jazzy (bad line by him after I passed him, he crashed on last chicane). Quite easy race after that (2nd position was solid for my teammate, Speedy). Some mistake in the middle-part (I'm sorry for slowing down Jan due to my crashes). In last laps I kept on watching Speedy and I noticed he lost lots of seconds in last two laps (and 2nd position as well!). Gotta watch the replay to see what happened :P

Anyway I'm very happy because now we lead the Team Championship. But Ippon² Racing Team's goals are much better than that :)

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:40 pm

Qualifying:
Did my best lap of the session in my first [flying] lap. At the end i had 2 laps left to beat it. First one Ronald blocked me in the last chicane, and the next i ran out of fuel just before the finish line. 3rd in nice anyway, but could have had 2nd.

Race (wqewqe version):
Started nice, after some laps i was behind Jazzy and Dede. I looked at the lap number to see when i had to pit... then i announced "uhm... 12 laps?"

Race:
Got pushed into the tires in turn 1, but managed to come out in 5th. Passed Keppana in the next turns and began chasing Speedy (with xzeal close to me). Jazzy crashed, and i came out of the mess in 4th. Another mess in turn 1 and passed xzeal for 3rd. ---- After that i was very close to Speedy, but made some stupid crashes and fell back. Has trouble passing Ronald a few times..... Near the end of the race i came up to Jan, who would not let me pass. This was rather frustrating.... he was a lap down and still battling me for track position (even cutting in front of me when i got beside him). At the end of the race Speedy had some problems. I went from something like 5 seconds back to passing him and taking a nice gap, all in a few laps. Felt a bit bad because Speedy drove smoother than me and deserved 2nd, but i wanted 2nd pretty bad so i held my spot.

I had an overall smooth race... only problems were trying to pass lapped cars of Ronald and Jan... i hope in future races they will let leaders go by! With a total of 4 crashes and some slow laps... 10 seconds behind dede was not so bad, if i had a smoother race i could have been near him at the end (but probably still 2nd).

dede

Post by dede » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 am

Hmm, just tested Aida (no pitstops, please download JA_Aida-p - ask via msn to Jazzy). Very nice track, with overtaking-possibility and long straights. I think that tactics will be interesting as well, and maybe there will be some challenge for the victory.
Ah, it seems I reached my limit after "only" about 20 laps. Maybe this isn't my track? We'll see if you get any faster :)

Speedy
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Speedy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:49 am

dede wrote:In last laps I kept on watching Speedy and I noticed he lost lots of seconds in last two laps (and 2nd position as well!). Gotta watch the replay to see what happened :P
Mouse wrote:At the end of the race Speedy had some problems. I went from something like 5 seconds back to passing him and taking a nice gap, all in a few laps. Felt a bit bad because Speedy drove smoother than me and deserved 2nd, but i wanted 2nd pretty bad so i held my spot.
At last 2-3 laps I had many lags (due to my alicetroia qweqwee ADSL connecction) and crashed several times.

That ruined an almost perfect race (0 crashes in 40+ laps).

BTW It was a funny race, thx to jeff and other drivers

Migo =GOOS=

Post by Migo =GOOS= » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:01 am

For me the opposite of first race!
I've driven vary bad, got a lot of traffic and done wrong tactic! :(
No time for train the circuit.. :cry:

Let's do better next race!! :wink:

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:48 am

I finished with 0% fuel, considering that I got lapped I was bloody lucky. At the end I was so nervous about fuel that I crashed and let Jan past me. At least a better finish then last time.

Jan

Post by Jan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:53 pm

In the qualifying I could actually drive only one fast lap which wasn't very good. And then when I'm driving my 2nd fast lap the batteries run off from my keyboard in the last curve of the track and I must change them, so 10th place was the result. :? But it's better that that happens in qualify, not in race :wink:

The race itself was so weird. In the start of a race I could overtake some cars but still the lead was getting too far away so I hadn't chance to podium in this race. In last laps we had a nice battle with xzeal, though Ronald slowed both of us by blocking when being lapped. Still 6th place was pretty good for me I think. I'll try to do better in next race. :)
Mouse wrote: Near the end of the race i came up to Jan, who would not let me pass. This was rather frustrating.... he was a lap down and still battling me for track position (even cutting in front of me when i got beside him).
It's so hard to know who is lapping and who's not. Still I'm so sorry, if I would know that you are lapping me I'd of course let you pass... Well in incoming races I try not to be lapped by anyone so I don't have to think that. :P

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:35 pm

I had a feeling it was some confusion, Jan, I know you're a clean driver. No worries. :)

You can use tab stats, when the info appears over the other cars you can see who is lapping ahead or behind. Red=behind, orange=same lap, yellow=ahead.

Jan

Post by Jan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:00 pm

Mouse wrote:Red=behind, orange=same lap, yellow=ahead.
Ok thx, I've never noticed that before. :)

Btw I'm afraid I can't participate in next race because I'm not home at Saturday... :( Damn bad thing since there's very tight fight going in the cup...

Jeffrey

DISCIPLINARY ACTION

Post by Jeffrey » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:20 pm

ATTENTION ALL TOCA DRIVERS

RE PROCESS OF PROTESTS.

1st thing Protests must be sent before 24 hrs after the race has ended.
They must be well documented and sent by mail on this email: jefcam@euroweb.net.mt

This is how it will work: REPLAY + A FORM + DISCIPLINARY TSM LEVELS WILL BE SENT TO ALL PARTICIPANTS (EXCEPT THE DRIVERS INVOLVED)

EACH ONE OF YOU HAS TO READ THE PROTEST ON THE FORM THEN WATCH THE REPLAY. AFTER FILL IN THE FORM. ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IF GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY AND SAY WHAT IS THE LEVEL OF PUNSIHMENT TO GIVE.

THEN SEND THE FORM BY EMIAL TO ME. I CHECK THEM ALL AND ISSUE A FINAL VERDICT ACCORDING TO WHAT THE MAJORITY SAY.

WE HAVE ALREADY A PROTEST AND WILL SEND THE NECESSARY INFO SOON.

YOU HAVE 24 HRS TO SEND THE FORM BACK. WE ARE A BIT TIGHT CAUSE RACES ARE VERY CLOSE.

dede

Post by dede » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:39 pm

Jan wrote:Btw I'm afraid I can't participate in next race because I'm not home at Saturday...
Hmm yeah, probably playing on Saturday isn't a very good idea. I could miss couple of races played at Saturday as well, and some other race when I got football training. It would be a great idea posticipating every race that has to be played on Saturday to Sunday.

Jan

Post by Jan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:13 pm

dede wrote:It would be a great idea posticipating every race that has to be played on Saturday to Sunday.
Yeah I agree. It's important that all the players can play in all races, and weekend races may lower the possibility of that.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 pm

Sunday race is fine for me. :wink:

Aida seems like a nice track, i think we will not have any problems there. No need for a flying start there for sure. Fuel could be very important.

Based on the last race, i think maybe a win is possible this season. My simulation race time was shorter than dede's race time... of course VERY different situations but if i can do a 0 mistake race in a sim, i can do it in a race. Lost a win in the final laps last season and i still want it back. :P

dede

Post by dede » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:34 pm

Mouse wrote:Aida seems like a nice track, i think we will not have any problems there. No need for a flying start there for sure. Fuel could be very important.
Aida is probably one of the (if not THE) best tracks I ever player (with Toca cars). It combines fast parts to hard chicanes, a long straight with slow parts and so on. Tactics will be important for sure this time, and qualifications will be very hard. So many possible tactics, all valid. Looking forward to the race :roll:

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:47 pm

Alright it would appear I can not race on the 1.st of September...

Going out of town for a day or so. There is a slight chance I could make it, but don't count on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Maybe we'll postpone it to sunday already this weekend?

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:04 pm

So some players are asking to postpone from Saturday at 6:00 to Sunday at 6:00.

I hate postponing races, cause every race there might be players who cant make it, so we'll keep postponing most of the races.

BUT LETS TRY

I dont agree to postpone to Sunday, and find out that some other players will miss it then.

SO if 9 out of 12 can make it SUNDAY, I will postpone.

Please tell me who can and who can't Sunday?

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:22 pm

I don't understand, why sub drivers are not allowed? BluT will not be able to race 10th and 13th this month, so the team cup is over because of it. It would be nice if we could get someone to sub for him on those races so we can compete in the cup... why not??? :|

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Actually in general I would prefer Saturdays, but this weekend is an exception.

dede

Post by dede » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am

Mouse wrote:BluT will not be able to race 10th and 13th this month, so the team cup is over because of it.
I wouldn't say that: I will miss about 2-4 races. So both championships are quite open.

In my opinion, now we shouldn't postpone any race, since the calendar is set and every player should've checked it before subscribing. Anyway, I will miss some race for sure (at that time 2 days/week I got football training, plus football match at saturday). If I calculated correctly, I will miss about 2 weekday races plus 1 saturday race.

I'm quite sure that I will miss the next race (4 Sept.), so Mouse or Jan will have to administrate the server.