TSM - TOCA SUMMER TOURNAMENT - 2ND EDITION

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Keppana
Community User Level: 3

Post by Keppana » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:11 am

Could the race be tomorrow, I'm not able to race today! Please man, Sunday would fit much better!

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:17 am

Hmm...It's about 50% chance that I can play tomorrow. I'll be home at 18:15-19:15 and the race is at 19:00 finnish time... But it's absolutely sure that today I can't play.

Migo =GOOS=

Post by Migo =GOOS= » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:18 pm

I prefer today for this weekend.

I'm not sure to be in tomorrow. :?

About sub player I am not for it! I think every driver have to gain his points by his own not by another player.
And if somone have the constance to partecipate every race it's right he gain more points than who didn't.
(this is my opinion and I hope to have explained it clear :wink: )

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:24 pm

Migo =GOOS= wrote:And if somone have the constance to partecipate every race it's right he gain more points than who didn't.
Yeah, I agree. Championships will go to the best&most active drivers. Fair enough.

Jeffrey

RACE WILL BE HELD TODAY AS SCHEDULED

Post by Jeffrey » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:05 pm

RACE WILL BE TODAY AT 6:00PM

THERE WILL BE NOT CHANGE OF RACES.

WE WILL STICK TO THE CALENDAR. SORRY FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO CANT MAKE IT TODAY.

(ABOUT SUBSTITUTE DRIVER I STILL DO NOT AGREE. AFTER ALL THE DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS XZEAL VS RONALD CASE HAS ENDED WITH 4 TO 0 AGAINST RONALD.

RONALD WILL RECIEVE A LEVEL 5A PENALTY WHICH IS DISQUALIFIED FROM RACE.

ALL POINTS GAINED BY THIS DRIVER WILL BE REMOVED.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:56 pm

LATEST: ALTHOUGH 50% 6 out of 12 turned out for Saturday's race, organizers decided to postpone race.

So AIDA ---- MONDAY

ALFREDO GALVES - WEDNESDAY

and OULTON PARK - FRIDAY

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:12 pm

Uff, what a mess. Good thing the race did not happen today, i did not even roll over in my bed at the time of the conversations.

MON WED FRI lets gooooooo. :wink:

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:02 am

Monday, eh? Well even better then today as I have a hangover...

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:57 pm

I just got a mail saying the race will be today (or WAS today)..... Jeffrey could you please tell what the hell is going on????

dede

Post by dede » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:31 pm

Mouse wrote:I just got a mail saying the race will be today (or WAS today)..... Jeffrey could you please tell what the hell is going on????
Check the date, probably it was yesterday's reminder :)

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:35 pm

Yep i did, it said sent on Sep. 2nd... I guess it just took a while for me to receive it.

Well then, PHEW! :)

See y'all tomorrow. :wink:

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:59 pm

Well! Nice race... bad strategy. :)

Race was damn clean, even in the start it felt like i was surrounded by gentleman drivers, so nice! Anyway, i did a 4 stop strategy which was total s**t. Not as much time to do simulations for the race... so no way to test strategies (only in Excel).

Bad day for Cavallino Rompente, Jean Todt took a vacation this weekend.. bad time for him to take time off... :lol:

See y'all in 2 days. :wink:

dede

Post by dede » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:06 pm

Postponing the race was the right decision ;)

Qualifications:
I had two good attempts ended up with average laptimes (16%->8% fuel), third one was aborted to start a 8%->0% fuel lap. 8%->0% fuel laps were all aborted to go back to pits (though maybe some .4 was possible in those). Last 8%->0% fuel lap was completely ruined, so I finished my quali with a laptime 0.3-0.4 slower than predictions. Good that it was enough for the pole.

Race:
I didn't manage to control my car after a bump from behind at curve 1, so I had to loose the leadership. After some corner I succesfully managed to overtake Jazzy (sorry for the previous bump in the U curve). After getting a good gap, I decided to check for Speedy's position: crap that the last curve wasn't a good place where to do that (so I crashed -.-). In couple of laps I got back the leadership and I started to drive my perfect race.
In last three laps I decided to slow down a bit in order not to lap anyone of the group ahead of me (Speedy&co), so I started to drive quite slow and safe (except the last lap, I tried to wank a good laptime).
Quite satisfied with my tactic and race (though I really was an idiot losing my concentration after running away from the group). Maybe using a more offensive tactic could've been more enjoying, since after the first pitstop the race became very boring. Very nice fairplay by lapped players ;)

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:28 am

Current points standings after 3/10 GP?

dede

Post by dede » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:11 am

Speedy
Community User Level: 1

Post by Speedy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Not at home this race cause my shitty adsl was down.
I was on a slow PC so that I saw all in slo-mo. :( in a turn I have involuntary pushed jan out... I'm very sorry for that...

Bad race day for me :(

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:14 pm

There is a chance that tomorrow I will not be here to race. And also in future races I may not be home (this was confirmed for me today).

Really i could miss 0 races but could also miss up to 4 but it is unlikely. All depends on a job. :wink:

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:03 am

Tomorrow I still am not sure if I will be there, or when. I MAY COME LATE so if you can, set maxplayers to 12 so i can enter late (maybe i will miss warm up and qual). I will write down the server IP so it's fine to remove it from the master server list. :wink:

Jeffrey

DISC002

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:36 am

FINAL VERDICT - DISC002 JAN VS SPEEDY

THE CASE ENDED 3 to 2 AGAINST SPEEDY.

Remember that the decision of the case is taken on the incident itself, and not what happened in other laps. So if Jan had dirty driving in other laps that does not effect the decision of this case.

SPEEDY WILL HAVE A LEVEL 2 PENALTY FOR NEXT RACE.

HE WILL START FROM LAST POSITION IN GRID - THEREFORE NO QUAL FOR HIM.

FOR RESULTS AND STANDINGS ENTER: HTTP://WWW.TURBOSLIDERSMALTA.COM AND THERE IS A TOCA BANNER.

REMINDER FOR RACE THIS EVENING AT 9:00pm

Speedy

Re: DISC002

Post by Speedy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:17 pm

speedy wrote:Not at home this race cause my shitty adsl was down.
I was on a slow PC so that I saw all in slo-mo. in a turn I have involuntary pushed jan out... I'm very sorry for that...

Bad race day for me
Jeffrey wrote:FINAL VERDICT - DISC002 JAN VS SPEEDY

THE CASE ENDED 3 to 2 AGAINST SPEEDY.

Remember that the decision of the case is taken on the incident itself, and not what happened in other laps. So if Jan had dirty driving in other laps that does not effect the decision of this case.

SPEEDY WILL HAVE A LEVEL 2 PENALTY FOR NEXT RACE.

HE WILL START FROM LAST POSITION IN GRID - THEREFORE NO QUAL FOR HIM.
My adsl is still down... in order to avoid other such unpleasant things tonight I'm off.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 pm

Personally I think the penalty is ridiculous. So in this league a mistake or warp = a penalty? For sure it seems like it. I hope i don't warp in the next race, if i bump someone i will probably get a penalty..... just plain stupid.

People, don't abuse this protest ability. Jan I'm a bit disappointed to see you going so fast after a penalty, and now Speedy has to start last for something not of his fault.

Could you guys please try to find the whole story and even discuss with the other player before jumping at a protest!

Anyway I defend Speedy 100% because i know he is a clean driver. After driving in 2 leagues with him and more races than i can count... i know he would not push Jan on purpose. No one ever listened to what Speedy had to say and now he has been punished.... come on, people!

:|

Speedy

Post by Speedy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Thank you very much Mouse for your support, but I don't want to create any kind of problem to the cup/organization.

I've already asked excuses to jan, also in chat at the end of the race. I haven't had any answer (the only thing I have seen is that virdict), but I don't know what to do more than this...

If this is the decision I will submit to the verdict.

Jan

Post by Jan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:15 pm

Oh...Was it that big thing then...First, I know Speedy you are good and clean driver. It's nothing personal why I made that protest. I just thought that you maybe could have let me pass after that push. I'm very sorry about all of this and actually there shouldn't be any problem; I just thought by making a protest the other people can decide was it worth a penalty or not. Why the protest system would be there otherwise at all? Though seems like people thought it was worth a penalty.

Or, maybe I shouldn't make that protest at all. Well, Speedy I'm so sorry and I hope we can forget this whole thing easily.

dede

Post by dede » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:10 pm

This is how I judged the whole thing:
I first watched the replay in fast motion, and it didn’t seem a good action by Speedy. Then I watched it in normal mode and in slow motion for several times, and it seems that Jan takes that curve with a strange line (not the normal outside-inside-outside line). So different lines, that was quite expected.
Those situations happen a lot in race. I just checked Jan’s race&behaviour and lap 1 and lap 2, and there I found two situations where his behaviour was even worse than Speedy:
Lap 1: Jan overtakes Jeffrey thanks to a bump. Jeffrey loses many positions and Jan doesn’t stop to apply fairplay.
Lap 2: Keppana tries to overtake Speedy, Jan hits Keppana who hits Speedy. Jan gains two positions, Keppana and Speedy lose one position each.
These are just examples, there are many of them by everyone in any race.
It’s hard to admit, but racing trying to avoid bumpz with this car is really hard. With some skill you can avoid crashes caused by those bumpz (braking instead of continuing accelerating), effectively Jan didn’t brake.
Anyway, I would suggest a general warning for all players (I could protest against everyone for the same reason Jan protested against Speedy – even against me).

dede

Post by dede » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Oh, just to point it out: since that action was considered "not allowed", every player should get an automatic penalization. Shall we all start from last position today?