TSM - TOCA SUMMER TOURNAMENT - 2ND EDITION

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Speedy
Community User Level: 1

Post by Speedy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Good news: finally this afetrnoon my adsl is reborn!

Btw my champ is riuned, so I point to the team champ.

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:04 pm

Speedy wrote:Good news: finally this afetrnoon my adsl is reborn!

Btw my champ is riuned, so I point to the team champ.
Wooo alicetroia is back! GG and let's win the team championship!

Rawr

Post by Rawr » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:56 pm

i cant maybe be in tonight's race sinse i have "Gokart" practise (rly important it's for the race im gonna do this weekend) but i think i can make it home before race starts (not for sure) cya if i make it.
chiao

Jazzyclub
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jazzyclub » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:09 pm

the best race ever!!!

PS: i want to remember, the next race is MONDELLO PARK and not DONNIGTON PARK like we say in TS chat!!

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:23 pm

Jeffrey wrote:TEAM MANAGERS CAN REPLACE DRIVERS AFTER THEY MISS 3 RACES IN A ROW.

Ronald-TSM has been disqualified. Rawr is supposed to join 'The Knights of Malta'.

Thanks
Mhh.. And then Speedy and BluT is also disqualified, they missed 3 races in a row?

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:55 pm

BluT is away from home this week. He will be back for Mondello and the final races. He already said before the season started he will be out for this week's races.

Good i can race Sunday, see y'all there. :)

Speedy

Post by Speedy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:03 am

Keppana wrote: Mhh.. And then Speedy and BluT is also disqualified, they missed 3 races in a row?
Like I said, I had ADSL problems (no line for 12 days....). I have also tryied to race not at home (two races), but I had bad experiences (slow PC, lags, crashes, penalty, etc...). So I wasn't able to do better than this...

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:37 am

Speedy wrote:Like I said, I had ADSL problems (no line for 12 days....). I have also tryied to race not at home (two races), but I had bad experiences (slow PC, lags, crashes, penalty, etc...). So I wasn't able to do better than this...
I know it. But question is not of that if someone has problems with PC or network, missed races is missed races and the rules should be same for everyone.

The rule is not telling to disqualify player after 3 missed races, the team has a chance to replace him. Jeff should tell what this extactly does mean :o

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:13 am

Bad warps + Bad start + Bad health -> retired from the race.

Really the warps were weird, my internet wasn't working properly when I left the game either. I suspect the ISP was messing with something again.

dede

Post by dede » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:27 pm

Keppana wrote:The rule is not telling to disqualify player after 3 missed races, the team has a chance to replace him. Jeff should tell what this extactly does mean :o
Yes, this means that the other driver can decide to replace his teammate with a new one, if he doesn't show up for 3 races. So decision was up to me, not to you or to any other player.
Keppana wrote:Bad warps + Bad start + Bad health -> retired from the race.
Maybe you should've parked your car outside the track (pitlane is actually a part of the track). Not a big damage for other players though :)

dede

Post by dede » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:24 pm

Qualifications:
I had to abort many attempts due to traffic and to mistakes. Luckily my lap was enough for the pole (though I would've liked to get the 2nd place this time, because of the better positioning on the grid). Speedy didn't make it to 2nd place, so unlucky :)

Race:
As planned, first curve was terrible (I was outside) and I lost some position. Then again, after some curve, Migo managed to overtake me (wrong line by me). Many mistakes by me in this first stint, for this reason I decided to change my tactic back to 3 pitstops, so at first stop I managed to go back to 2nd position. Quite a perfect comeback on Jazzy, perfect second stint! Third stint was quite terrible for me again. I managed to come back on track in first position, but I had more fuel than Jazzyclub and Speedy (they were really close), so I started forcing and making mistakes. In one of them, Speedy touched me and I finished out. I hoped that Speedy didn't stop to apply fair play (it was clearly my mistake), and infact he didn't (but unluckily he lost his concentration after that). I had no problems after my last pitstop (Jazzyclub and Speedy had to stop for longer, easy comeback at place no. 1 for me).
Speedy was again unlucky at the end: he didn't manage to overtake Jazzy (who finished his fuel) for less than 1'' :D

Considerations:
This race most probably assigns the Team Championship to [BP] Burning Pistons, since Sunday I'll be driving alone again. This season was quite unlucky for Ippon²: olio had to resign his place even before starting; Speedy had to skip three races because of his connection.
But we'll try, as long as we'll have a chance!

dede

Post by dede » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:13 pm

Qualifications:
Totally awful qualifications: mistakes in about all laps, I ended up with 0.6 worse than my pb (never happened in this season). It was enough for the pole though (surprise!).

Race:
A good start, I managed to keep my position from outside (well, somebody bumped Jazzyclub out :D). I crashed after some lap and Migo passed me. I didn't have any problem for the whole race. I noticed that there was a good battle behind me, I guess that some player had fun this time. I didn't :P
Let's hope we'll do it for the Team Standings.

Migo =GOOS=

Post by Migo =GOOS= » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:52 pm

There is one possibility that I would not be in for the last race.
It is very bad for my fight in drivers champ (against Keppana) and in Team champ (against Ippon2).
But if everything goes right I will race with no problem. I hope this! :D

Let's see..

dede

Post by dede » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:49 pm

Last race of the season will be held on Saturday 22th September @ 18:00 CET.

Jazzyclub

Post by Jazzyclub » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:23 pm

Jazzyclub wrote:wait on downloading tracks and car because zandvoort need a pitlane more long
as i said before the cup starts to wait for download zandvoort and of course to make training on it because the pit is not good for 12 players long race...

ive made a new version of zandvoort with new pit, better shape of whole the track and finally the original track direction

here a beta version of track (if you need to training on it)
the startdirection is not set, so when start rotate your car by 180 degree and make training...soon the final version

http://www.jazzyclub.net/jazzy.rar <---out these files in the same folder of toca tracks

Jazzyclub

Post by Jazzyclub » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:13 am

updated:
99% walls
pitstop
pit limiter
right way direction

Jazzyclub

Post by Jazzyclub » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:25 pm

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:05 pm

I can't participate in today's race because I'm not home at that time... That's bad because some players can go pass me in the championship, though everyone of them has missed at least one race as well, so it is actually more fair if I miss one too. :P

Still good luck everyone in the final race. :)

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:45 pm

Qualifying:

This was now "new" track for all players and I've got the feeling this is good to me. This part went pretty good, made same time as Mouse and qualified for 3rd(?).

Race:

MG, forgot start fuel for race and strated race actually with qualifying fuel. Overtook all player on lap 3 and then I had to make extra stop. On some lap I saw the "top guys" making crash mistake on slow hairpin and just before second stop I overtook Mouse. Without that extra stop I could have good chance for podiums on this final race. I feel a bit unfair, because Migo wasn't racing with me for the 3rd place in championship, there was just 2 points to separate us.

After all:

I think this is the most best organized cc to date. I like the feel of this tornament. Fuel tactics is well keept secrets of teams and the fairyness of the players. I'm happy for 3rd place in championship, that's what I was seeking and that's what I got. I'd like to thank also Jan for good team playing, we was wrong in Brands Hatch, but that's nothing, we had at all fun all the time! :D

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:20 pm

Very nice cup, thanks a lot for hosting! I'm glad i joined.... to bad i missed many races.

I only had a few problems, i hope can be fixed for Toca 2008:
1 - Protests need to be less about votes and more about logical decisions. Example: ridiculous penalty against Speedy.
2 - Release ALL finished tracks before the cup starts... not less than a day before the race..
3 - Rules are rules! No one can bend them. Jazzy BW drove into the pit in the final race, i don't give a shit if he did not hurt anyone.... he broke a rule and nothing happened! If someone else did it, who knows what would have happened. Rules are for ALL drivers even the cup hosters and assistants.
4 - Don't change schedule because of driver's complaints. They saw the schedule before they signed, so they know when they had to race. If they cannot come, too bad!

Congrats again to Dede for the cup win! :wink:

dede

Post by dede » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Qualifications:
Very nice laptime by me, couldn't ask for more. As always, I had to abort many laps due to mistake/traffic, but that's part of the game. Quite disappointed after seeing Jazzyclub that fast and Speedy that slow (he wasn't slow, but he probably didn't drive any good lap).

Race:
I decided to go for 3 pitstops starting with (almost) full tank, Speedy had the same tactic but with less startfuel. Jazzyclub was (surprise!) on 2 pit-tactic. In many cases our different strategies helped out to make the race funnier (3 cars very close, with different amount of fuel and different strategies). I didn't believe anymore to 1-2 by us, but the tactic worked and Speedy found the constancy he needed, so he deserved the victory.

Considerations:
As always, the best tournaments are organized by Jeffrey and Turbo Sliders Malta Club. Thanks to the Community Server (provided by Philippe - oh man, you can't imagine how better TS is with your server), this cup was finally fair and without any type of lag-complaint.
Maybe the level of this second season was a bit lower than the first one: I expected more challenge from Jazzyclub (his own tracks & car) - no Mike Nike's or Wazaari's this time. I hope that in next cup there will be better players (and why not, even a larger number of players! 20 sounds good, with appropriate tracks+car).
Thanks again to Jeffrey and Jazzyclub for this beautiful season, hope to see this back in next summer :) Looking forward to next TSM International Tournaments ;)

Migo =GOOS=

Post by Migo =GOOS= » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:10 am

Finally I miss the last race! :cry:
So sorry for drivers and team championship but I could't make in a different way!

Btw the tournament was great! Thanks a lot to organizers Jeff & Jazzy!!
Very funny and good planned!

See you next year for TOCA 2008 :D

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:38 pm

I would like to thank ALL drivers who participated in the 2nd Edition of the Summer Toca International Tournament.

A special thanks goes to Jazzy for his Megane and his super toca tracks.
Hope to see some new creations from this track master :D

Thanks also to Philippe for providing this Community Server which makes a real playable environment, and also to those who controled the server for the cup.

A big well done goes to DEDE, for winning this cup for the Second Time.

Thanks ALL

More details about cup here:

http://www.turboslidersmalta.com/Toca/results.htm

Now i will be very busy with our local F1 championship. Toca International will surely return next summer.

Jan

Post by Jan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:23 pm

Thank's Jeffrey and Jazzy for a great cup. :)

The car was great, the tracks were great, the competitors were fair, the server was great, thanks to Philippe for that. Awesome job! :D

(Btw, when will you add the results of the last race to your site? I'd like to know did anyone pass me in the championship. :wink: )

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:28 am

I've updated the page but forgot to upload.

I will upload today afte work. :roll: