GPOR International Antislider League

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mouse
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mouse » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:39 pm

Well 22 players have signed up, of course over the max. There is a waiting list set now, if a driver bails on the cup a waiting list driver may take his place. Also, a waiting list driver can join a race as a single race sub (as long as a player tells that he will be out ahead of time). More info on this later...

Dede has said olio may join so a spot was held for him (along with some other drivers, who joined). Spot for him will be held until we know if he is in or not.

Thanks everyone for joining! Great to see so many players wanting in so fast! :)

Some more info on tracks: there is a WIDE variation of tracks so the races will all feel very different. The short tracks may cause some controversy, but if everyone keeps an open mind and wants to have fun, the fun will come! Again, I'm not expecting no contact on the short tracks, I'm sure there will be a lot, but if everyone does not drive dirty in purpose, it will be fine! (go on youtube, and search NASCAR bristol or martinsville - 43 cars on a half mile).

dede

Post by dede » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:58 pm

So we should consider this like a "fun" cup, not a cup where the final winner will be for sure the best player. Right?

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:39 am

Well i would like the players to take the cup serious. It's something different for most people (HUGE tracks and tiny tracks with 20 people) so i can understand if some are a bit nervous about it. Like real life racing.. the best drivers don't always finish tops. If you are fast, you can do well; lots of time to make a good quali time, and races themselves are 20 minutes long, plenty of time to show your speed and get in the deserved spot.

To be honest, this is sort of my "dream cup." :wink: I have never seen a Nurburgring or LeMans type race in TS, and now with TrooperSpeedways it can happen.

We will see how everything works on the 30th! :)

PS - I'm thinking about a totally different points style, something that will incorporate qualifying, race lap times and race results into one. More info later....

Jarno
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jarno » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:04 am

I dont see a problem about collisions. If you are driving towards somebody's back, you are driving too fast. I usually drive tight curves with antislider much slower than others and then they are hitting my back. Driving slower and breaking early will probably avoid mostly accidents.
Spinnering on limits...

dede

Post by dede » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:33 am

Jarno wrote:I dont see a problem about collisions. If you are driving towards somebody's back, you are driving too fast. I usually drive tight curves with antislider much slower than others and then they are hitting my back. Driving slower and breaking early will probably avoid mostly accidents.
Well, that's not really true. When you're following somebody and you are really close on the straight it's clear that at the hairpin the car in front of you will slowdown before than you. This will result in a bump. Most of times, when you have too many cars near to each others, the car who is leading the group gets bumped out because of this (4th bumps 3rd, 3rd bumps 2nd, 2nd bumps 1st, 1st is out).
What I don't like about anti is that it slides and loses its speed even on small contacts, and that's really weird in racing situations (e.g. when I touch somebody while I'm overtaking him - lateral contact - opponent's car starts sliding and all results in a 1) not clean overtaking and 2) seconds lost for my opponent). This is why I suggested to Mouse to make this cup a rough cup + essential rules (only bumps allowed, no braking in front of other cars - no bumps/contacts in pitlane). Rough + fuel could be a good combo.

Kyna_musti
Community User Level: 1

a

Post by Kyna_musti » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 pm

mouse, you said that here is now too many players signed up? 22 or something. i think there is never those first 20 players playing so if someone 21:st is always ready to play and he has been in all first 5 races and he has got many points and good results, so could he be one real driver, I mean not any "21:st" extra driver :/ if lirarn join now and he'll win all first 5 races and then in next race there is already 20 players joined, so means that he could't join there? i'm not sure understood you my text but :D.. i just want to play in this cup!! every sunday night will be free for me i think. so i could drive always. :)

Etana

Post by Etana » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:13 pm

dede wrote:
Jarno wrote:I dont see a problem about collisions. If you are driving towards somebody's back, you are driving too fast. I usually drive tight curves with antislider much slower than others and then they are hitting my back. Driving slower and breaking early will probably avoid mostly accidents.
Well, that's not really true. When you're following somebody and you are really close on the straight it's clear that at the hairpin the car in front of you will slowdown before than you. This will result in a bump. Most of times, when you have too many cars near to each others, the car who is leading the group gets bumped out because of this (4th bumps 3rd, 3rd bumps 2nd, 2nd bumps 1st, 1st is out).
What I don't like about anti is that it slides and loses its speed even on small contacts, and that's really weird in racing situations (e.g. when I touch somebody while I'm overtaking him - lateral contact - opponent's car starts sliding and all results in a 1) not clean overtaking and 2) seconds lost for my opponent). This is why I suggested to Mouse to make this cup a rough cup + essential rules (only bumps allowed, no braking in front of other cars - no bumps/contacts in pitlane). Rough + fuel could be a good combo.
Well as I think braking in front before curve is kind of a counter move to the bumpers plan. At least it has worked well as I have used it. Braking at straights is another thing.

20 players in as short track as Banaring (or close to it) is just... humorous. That combined with 20 min race? Pure chaos and lots of extra obstacles (if pro rules is on) is the only way to describe the outcome. Fair gentleman racing style can be maintained in longer tracks even with 20 racers. Reason for that is that there is space to give way after you slowdown other driver and also time to "follow" current situation of race. How is one supposed to do that in tiny tracks where pole is already overlapping him after couple crash? In the end it will come to a point where drivers don't have any idea who they are really racing against. Hmm... Is that behind me on same lap or is he actually overlapping me for third time??? At least I don't like the idea of slowing down driver who is already on whole different lap. In my opinion tracks should be at least length of 25-30 seconds per lap.

Speedy

Post by Speedy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Me + Stummihouse - don't know team name by now.

edit:
Team name: Panza Racing
Colour: Pink

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:06 pm

Tracks will stay the same. It's never been done in a serious cup before so it will happen. :wink: Sure it will be a hard and crazy race, but it's the same for everyone. DesertRaceway race will happen! (PS it's the only true short track, Alteradius is not toooo short).

PS pro rules is off of course... and any cup by me will never have ghost racing, may as well be a dark cup for my taste.

And indeed, i think not all 20 signed players will make the races, so sub drivers will be allowed to race. Sub drivers can join the server as a spec and wait to see of someone is out. Also if a driver says here he will be out, and sub driver can enter via forum. :wink:

Kyna_musti

ye

Post by Kyna_musti » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:09 pm

So cause i'm the 21st , have i the first sub place? so i'm always the player who can join first if there is free slots? wish so :wink: cause i really wanna play, and be in some team. And if some player is not in first 2 or 3 races, could i get the real place in this cup? its sucks if there is someone who has signed and doesn't player anything :/

TURBOSPEEDER

Re: ye

Post by TURBOSPEEDER » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Kyna_musti wrote:So cause i'm the 21st , have i the first sub place? so i'm always the player who can join first if there is free slots?
No. U signed after my dear friend, Mr. Drago.
dede wrote:So we should consider this like a "fun" cup, not a cup where the final winner will be for sure the best player. Right?
No. I will always be the best player, no matter who wins which cup. Nice that u worry about it though. Thanks for that, mr. Dede.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:14 am

Hey guys, i need your team liveries! When you set you colors in TS, open the "players.dat" file in the data folder. Then copy and paste the code for your player liveries! This is needed to add your car's image to the GPOR website. No rush as of now, y'all still have time to set teams and colors, but try to get them to me BEFORE next weekend.

Example:
CR Moussa
1948238f 0 180 0 0 1 6 220 220 220 50 50 50
Thank youuuuu! :wink:

Speedy

Post by Speedy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:49 am

Speedy & Stummihouse
2df83cd7 1 250 100 125 1 0 250 100 125 250 100 125

Kyna_musti

hey

Post by Kyna_musti » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:42 am

hey hmm olio hasn't signed himself up? so dede if you are my teammate? is it ok for you? so if i could take olio's place (if he has signed really) :wink:

olio
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by olio » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:34 pm

dede wrote:EDIT about me: count me out if olio doesn't sign up (or count me in only if olio signs up AND if he wants to team up with me under the Ippon² Racing Team - Green White Red as colors).
According to that, it wouldn't be possible :wink: Unless dede is bluffing to get me in :D

Thanks Mouse for keeping a spot for me. Though I still haven't decided for sure :oops: This cup sounds like a dream cup: racing cup with 20 skilled fair drivers. But. For me there is also something I totally hate. The car. IMO Anti isn't suitable to any kind of racing (except ghost) for reasons given before+some other reasons. So that's what makes my decision hard. I'll give my decision soon, I just have to discuss bit with dede first. Thanks again for the reserved spot and patience.

dede

Re: hey

Post by dede » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:55 pm

Kyna_musti wrote:hey hmm olio hasn't signed himself up? so dede if you are my teammate? is it ok for you? so if i could take olio's place (if he has signed really) :wink:
dede wrote:about me: count me out if olio doesn't sign up (or count me in only if olio signs up AND if he wants to team up with me under the Ippon² Racing Team - Green White Red as colors).
So sorry.

Janne

Post by Janne » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:24 pm

Team: Janne + Jan
4932619 1 0 56 250 1 3 220 220 220 0 195 250

And the name of course is [fS]
Last edited by Janne on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Olio you have some days... but don't take too long. :wink:

Thanks also for the color codes! :)

dede

Post by dede » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:47 pm

Are we really sure that players like Jarno and Mike Nike (and others) will effectively take part to the cup? If they can't be sure about that, then why not giving a spot to Drago and Kyna (expecially Kyna seemed to want to play at any cost)?

And about the fairplay you mentioned, are we really sure that all those signed up players match with this cup's criteria?

Etana

Post by Etana » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:00 pm

NoLo's color is:
40af46fd 0 250 0 250 1 0 0 56 250 0 56 250

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:31 am

For remaining teams: no more pink cars. :wink: I was hoping all teams will look different, but NoLo drivers don't listen... and made their car pink after Speedy took the color. :lol: No problem though, they look different enough... but for the colorless teams: go for something different. :)

CR - Red Black White
fS - Blue White
Panza Racing - "Maialozzo" Pink
NoLo - Violet

Remember! Next weekend is the test race. You're not required to come.... but i hope to see most drivers there. It will answer most questions also, so the points races will go more smooth.

Still waiting for some team's colors... and waiting for some players to form teams. Also waiting on Olio and Dede.... in or out?

About subs:
If you know that you cannot be at a race, pleaseeee post here so i know. That way i can contact a sub driver to take your spot.
(PS - sub drivers cannot take team points, unless he is actually in that team... example being our 2 current subs, who are both in teams).

Last for the night:
NoLo team has 3 people... only 2 are allowed per team. Etana is in, but who will team with him... Jarno or Lamppu? I need info on this.

(PS - check post 1 of this thread, updated a bit)

Jarno

Post by Jarno » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:59 am

Etana and Lamppu are in NoLo. I'm in NoLo2 :)

Well that would mean that i would have to be a single team. I guess that isnt allowed? So i need a partner and team up with him i guess.
Spinnering on limits...

Lamppu

Post by Lamppu » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:13 am

Me and Jarno will change places so NoLo team will be now Etana and Jarno. And i am now without team.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:21 pm

Lamppu wrote:Me and Jarno will change places so NoLo team will be now Etana and Jarno. And i am now without team.
I'm willing to join the cup for the sake of 2 nolo teams, but I guess sign up closed a while ago :P...

I know it is a bit late... a bit very very late, but can I be nr.23 on the list? I'm sure at least 3 people will not show up...

I'll come to the test race today anyway...

Etana

Post by Etana » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:34 pm

xzeal wrote:
Lamppu wrote:Me and Jarno will change places so NoLo team will be now Etana and Jarno. And i am now without team.
I'm willing to join the cup for the sake of 2 nolo teams, but I guess sign up closed a while ago :P...

I know it is a bit late... a bit very very late, but can I be nr.23 on the list? I'm sure at least 3 people will not show up...

I'll come to the test race today anyway...
Today? Are you little bit (a week) early? :wink: