Official International Punaball Championship #1 (OIPC#1)

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Storm
Community User Level: 2

Post by Storm » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:30 am

So Sad...

Scud what where u waiting for?...Win?

You think u can be competitive playing just for a few days?

You Know u where playing against one of best teams in tourney right?

Quiting its just so Sad... and coming from 1 of organisers..... just bah!

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:51 am

Storm wrote:So Sad...
Scud what where u waiting for?...Win?
You think u can be competitive playing just for a few days?
You Know u where playing against one of best teams in tourney right?
Quiting its just so Sad... and coming from 1 of organisers..... just bah!
Well, luckily we could find a new team mate for TheDude. Bad that it's late now to train together, but at least he won't have to quit the cup too. Good luck for remaining matches.

Scud
Community User Level: 3

Post by Scud » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:37 pm

I know it is REALLY stupid to quit tournament like that and i am very sorry(shamed). I didnt think we can win any match in that tournament and it is ok, but loosing something like 40-0 aint nice either. First when i wanted to join in this tournament i had played against average players and that was fun...i hate to play against players who had played puna all day in last 4 years. I know this sounds stupid...And also some newbie haters changed my mind(quit). So, you can hate me now if u like and it is ok for me but i just wanted to come and say i am sorry and shamed.
~siLciR <3~

dede

Post by dede » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:53 pm

I somehow understand Scud, though. A big part of the TS community has been always so rude towards newbies. Somebody is joking, some is not. But in both cases, TS players have to care about newbie's reaction to jokes, if they really like and care about this game. Z had a good point about that when he planned to start the "Noob Lovers" team (let's just forget what the team became nowadays). Newbies need to be helped and defended.
Ok, Scud's reaction was stupid, but nothing comparable to those "noob-haters". Hopefully he will understand that he made one mistake only (quitting the match&tournament), and that he still got a better reputation than those "pro's" who behaved not so well towards him. They aren't real "pro's", after all :wink:

Scud

Post by Scud » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:02 pm

I dont wanna be cry baby, idiot and etc. but there is so many idiots playing this wonderfull game who makes me allmost hate this game sometimes...I know i shouldnt take those insults so seriously, and i wouldnt...i just found those comments so childish and stupid that it makes me pissed--->quiting tournament...
Last edited by Scud on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~siLciR <3~

mikko

Post by mikko » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:29 pm

I do not play puna and do not know what has happened, but considering what is best for TS, the most stupid thing anyone can do is to insult newcomers, making them quit. The people doing that are real losers independent on how good players they are.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:47 pm

[dp] - GPOR (cantrememberteamname but it was blut and speedy) results:

Game #1: [dp] 9 - 2 GPOR
Game #2: GPOR 5 - 6 [dp]

Total: [dp] 15 - 7 GPOR
Last edited by Ivan Drago on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ibon

Post by Ibon » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:11 pm

StiNike vs. Spanish Warriors results:

1st Leg: StiNike 1 - 5 Spanish Warriors
2nd Leg: Spanish Warriors 5 - 2 StiNike

Overall result: Spanish Warriors 10 - 3 StiNike

olio

Post by olio » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:41 am

I don't play puna either (usually, now I have played with dede&Bar), and Scud knows the reason why I don't play very well... Yes, stupid move by Scud to quit the tournament, but I also understand why. On my very first puna match ever, I got some serious mocking and shit, so that killed my interest for puna immediately. It still hasn't change. When I play, which happens very rarely, I only play with my real TS-mates. With people who understand that when I play, I play for FUN. If I make a huge mistake (which I often do) I want to be able to laugh at that mistake with my team mate and opponents, not to feel cold sweat because of that. And many of puna players don't get this. They take the game too serious, and now I'm talking about friendly matches. They mock their opponents and team mate. Noobs especially. It's such a shame. I think that TS community is a little bit too much "insider" group. Old kids don't want new kids to their sandbox, so they mock them to get them leave. It's not about "strongest will survive", like some have said in the past. It's just stupid. If people want this game to get more players, noob bashing is the first thing that must end.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:35 am

olio wrote:I'm talking about friendly matches
What are those? I see no difference between a normal everyday game you play at pesol or somewhere else and these tournament matches. Or well, the tournament matches have time limit which in fact makes them less serious.

About bashing noobs, I don't know if I'm one of those meant here but I usually try to stay totally quiet if I'm playing with one and he keeps f*** up. However, sometimes it's very frustrating when u have 3 good players on a server and one noob, and for the aforementioned reasons you wouldn't wanna kick him. So we play one game with him and it ends like 1-10 and we are starting another. At that point it becomes very tempting to kick him out because I'd just want to have a good match with good players and it's not gonna happen with the noob because the game is more like 1v2 then.

That's just another point of view.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:58 am

Ivan Drago wrote:About bashing noobs, I don't know if I'm one of those meant here but I usually try to stay totally quiet if I'm playing with one and he keeps f*** up. However, sometimes it's very frustrating when u have 3 good players on a server and one noob, and for the aforementioned reasons you wouldn't wanna kick him. So we play one game with him and it ends like 1-10 and we are starting another. At that point it becomes very tempting to kick him out because I'd just want to have a good match with good players and it's not gonna happen with the noob because the game is more like 1v2 then.
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I sort of agree with you. Unfortunately Punaball usually requires 4 evenly matched players to work, whether you're an expert or a beginner. Of course noob bashing as such is inexcusable, but if it's impossible to make fairly even teams, there's no fun for anyone.

[v8]elcorneta

Post by [v8]elcorneta » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:03 am

Well, it is hard to play with a noob in a team and you lose a lot of matches, I know by myself, but I also know that ALL the good players that are playing now, some months or years ago, they were just noobs (as me for example). I think we must help noobs (there are not too many players in TS community), giving them the help that every noob needs.

olio

Post by olio » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:41 am

[v8]elcorneta wrote:Well, it is hard to play with a noob in a team and you lose a lot of matches, I know by myself, but I also know that ALL the good players that are playing now, some months or years ago, they were just noobs (as me for example). I think we must help noobs (there are not too many players in TS community), giving them the help that every noob needs.
Yeah, I kind of understand what Ivan and Tijny means, but I think that elcorneta got the point right. How those noobs can ever become good players, if they arent allowed to play and train with "pro's"? After all, there has only been couple of noobs on last months, so it's not possible for noobs to play with noobs. They don't have a choice, they just have to play with old players, "pro's". If you don't want noobs in the match, make a non visible private server. And how about instead of bashing, give them instructions how to do better.

dede

Post by dede » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:07 pm

[v8]elcorneta wrote:Well, it is hard to play with a noob in a team and you lose a lot of matches, I know by myself, but I also know that ALL the good players that are playing now, some months or years ago, they were just noobs (as me for example).
Exactly my point. Anyway, I'm not only talking 2vs2 matches (which are mainly organized on own servers, so you can decide who to play with/against). But whatever, I'm not thinking about changing old players' behaviour (mission impossible). Anyway, if you are a newbie now and you manage to become a good player, just remember how you felt when those "pro's" behaved towards you and try not to be like that as well.

Scud

Post by Scud » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:59 pm

Nice to see there is some "understanding" for my reaction. Im still shamed what have i done but i will learn my lesson. For now on i will stay out of puna servers, not my game.
~siLciR <3~

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:04 pm

dp vs ippon
5 - 6
0 - 6 (forfeit)

total: ippon 12 - 5 dp

dede

Post by dede » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Ivan Drago wrote:dp vs ippon
5 - 6
0 - 6 (forfeit)

total: ippon 12 - 5 dp
Sorry? We were leading 12-2 when you decided to quit. I don't think the forfait works that way. Goal difference matters in the ranking, and I think it's totally lame quitting without any reason (I asked if it was ok playing to my server and they said yes - then they just decided to quit because 6-0 is better than 12-2). With that kind of logic, all games ended up with > than 6 goals difference should end up 6-0, then. Otherwise the ranking is just fucked up.

Plus, 6-0 in [fS] vs [TS] was just because that was the result when Scud quit. So in this case it should be 2-12 (forfait).

So:

5-6
2-12 (forfait)
7-18 (De BarSho'lio wins)

Lat0r
Last edited by dede on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:22 pm

We still stand at 12 - 5. Never trust the ippons.

[v8]elcorneta

Post by [v8]elcorneta » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Actually, most of you are arguing as children. This things do not happen when playing friendly. I beg for all the players in the tournament to have fair play. I do not know who of you have the reason, but please, lets get patience, think what are you doing, and play for fun, even when it is a tournament.

Kyna_musti
Community User Level: 1

hi

Post by Kyna_musti » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:32 pm

hello there. i see that you are talking that same thing what has been in my mind long time. in my opinion is that new players who want to play for fun and who are not as good as some older players then newbies will abide most if there is people who are always giving shit. that sucks. that is the reason why many players don't want to start play punaball. like olio. ok there is always some players like F. ALONSO who is played about year and still he is playing like newbie.. and i see every match that someone is barking him. i understand that but those things will get our new players to stop playing TS. and many old players are not so active as new players and if always when they see some new they start to talking shit him, we are losing players on this game. old are coming unactives and new players don't want to start playing. that same thing why i didn't like that dede banned always all players who did something wrong.. ok i understand if he ban some old player who is not understanding for many warnings. but some new players who don't know rules and somethings. we have to be more friendly for new players

dede

Re: hi

Post by dede » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Kyna_musti wrote:that same thing why i didn't like that dede banned always all players who did something wrong.. ok i understand if he ban some old player who is not understanding for many warnings. but some new players who don't know rules and somethings. we have to be more friendly for new players
I guess you're referring to racing. I actually can't stand those who drive backwards. And after one warning, normally it comes a ban (not permanent, but for the cup at least -> so that player knows that rules must be respected).
For puna it's quite hard to get banned: there's just one rule, and I can't remember the last time I banned for that. Normally when you stop and tell the midfield rule, everybody gets that. Ban is nearly never needed in puna. In my own server, instead, I would ban also those who like playing f*** up matches (Alonso is a good example -> he's been around for over 1 year, and he still doesn't get he shouldn't steal the ball to his own mate and block/bounce him).
I'm friendly towards new players, but not towards everybody. Some player just doesn't deserve that ;)

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:10 pm

I don't know the full discussion (scanned quickly over recent posts) but I would like to share my thoughts anyway.

It seems scud left for a main reason, he was not having fun. I agree that quitting a cup after signing up is not so good (having organized cups in the past, i know it's frustrating) but i understand why he quit.

About this noob-in-puna talk, I have had my fair share of games with 3 experienced players and a newbie. Usually I try to help him learn techniques to play, It seems when people first play puna, all thy know is to hit the ball.. no matter where, just go for it (which usually results in no defense and a counter attack). Sometimes after a few games he can play more like a team player, but most of the time a brand new player is not fun to play with. Though I'm happy to say me and my GPOR buddies (whom I rarely play puna without) have never kicked a lesser-skilled player.

We must train the next generation. :P

BluT

Post by BluT » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Im IN topic:

TSudo Magodo (GPOR) vs Ippon
1st 6-3
2nd 7-4

GPOR wins 13-7 :wink:

rostami

Post by rostami » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:44 pm