Official International Punaball Championship #1 (OIPC#1)

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hengari
Community User Level: 3

Post by Hengari » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:06 pm

As usual, cups and competitions are full of drama and accusations.
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint

Ibon

Post by Ibon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:20 pm

ZagaMofo wrote:
1st of all is that if you want something ask god... cause this is not a mcdrive.
That can be for my bad english, anyway you don't deserve any respect, cheating in a simple game... This is painful.
ZagaMofo wrote:2nd... why the hell should me and pix be disqualified and not mike and sting? Is that bcause we rape your team so strong like a Cardozo's kick ?
Hmm, if you want I can give you the conversation with Mike, he didn't say that he knows the cheat
ZagaMofo wrote:3rd... "I lost on purpose... Oh man... lets disqualifie them!" just great though!
Y esto te lo digo en español porque supongo que al ser portugués me entenderás, gente como tu DA ASCO.

Nothing more to say :)

Tijny
Community User Level: 5

Post by Tijny » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:21 pm

Blah, disgusting. You know, this wouldn't be the first time those Portuguese guys cheated in favor of their little buddy Sting. Unfortunately though, I'm afraid there's not a whole lot that can be done; anything is possible in Punaball and there's no telling what would've happened. The 3-team groups seemed nice on paper, but I guess they were a bad idea after all, for this exact reason.

ZagaMofo

Post by ZagaMofo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Ibon wrote:
ZagaMofo wrote:
1st of all is that if you want something ask god... cause this is not a mcdrive.
That can be for my bad english, anyway you don't deserve any respect, cheating in a simple game... This is painful.
ZagaMofo wrote:2nd... why the hell should me and pix be disqualified and not mike and sting? Is that bcause we rape your team so strong like a Cardozo's kick ?
Hmm, if you want I can give you the conversation with Mike, he didn't say that he knows the cheat
ZagaMofo wrote:3rd... "I lost on purpose... Oh man... lets disqualifie them!" just great though!
Y esto te lo digo en español porque supongo que al ser portugués me entenderás, gente como tu DA ASCO.

Nothing more to say :)
Asca-mus... também percebeste esta oh casillas do crl ?

Show me the rule that if i want to lose a game on purpose that i cant do it...

Storm
Community User Level: 2

Post by Storm » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:39 pm

well gotta admit... Even more sad than scud quiting!

If i was one of organisers, I'll desqualified both teams and make a draw with all teams that couldnt qualified , the "winner" joins Spanish warriors to 2nd round. None of those teams deserve to continue in tournament.period!

Oh and Zagamofo there's no need to write a rule that say u cant loose a game on purpose... the answer its just ........ DOH!

Hengari

Post by Hengari » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Storm wrote:If i was one of organisers, I'll desqualified both teams and make a draw with all teams that couldnt qualified , the "winner" joins Spanish warriors to 2nd round. None of those teams deserve to continue in tournament.period!
Yeah, disqualify also those who are the victims of foul play. Nice.
sliderpoint

Storm

Post by Storm » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Stinike are no victims! It was a arranged game, so both teams (StiNike and barnabes) should be disqualified. In fact the victims are the Spanish Warriors.

Hengari

Post by Hengari » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Storm wrote:
Stinike are no victims! It was a arranged game, so both teams (StiNike and barnabes) should be disqualified. In fact the victims are the Spanish Warriors.
Zeesh, lul.
I meant just that, SW is the victim.

Normally you don't accuse the winning party for arranged game (in football or in finland baseball) but just the team which loses. But in this case when the other team loses for the winning team and the numbers could be agreed beforehand... well
Last edited by Hengari on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sliderpoint

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:43 pm

First of all: Ibon, it's not good that you just write down the 2 lines:
Well, if all this is insufficient, we have a conversation with Mike Nike where he admits that third match was cheated. In that conversation Mike tell us that Zaga and Pix didn't play fair.
It's not all what happened. As consequence other people are getting a wrong image about this...

In my opinion there is an unwritten rule of sportsmanship/fairplay, that every match has to be played fair. Unfortunately, i guess, there is no rule written down against this play in this cup...so actually it's hard to say Zaga and Pix did something wrong...

Anyway, i didn't like to support Zaga and Pix to lose on purpose vs us, so i told them a) to play serious and b) that i will probably try to win with more than 7 goals difference, if there is the chance to...(i also wanted to play vs them before they play vs SW...)

During the game there was a scene where i had the feeling, Zaga missed to block a ball on purpose, so i didn't make a goal on purpose there...

In the 2nd leg, i made the 6-4 2 seconds before the end, bit lucky and even Zagas defensive line seemed to be bad on purpose, it wasn't easy to make that goal...

After the match i requested a 2nd match and requested again to play serious and this time, they also played serious (a bit more offensive though, not timeplaying defensively, like they probably should have, normally..maybe). The result was similar, but i played a bit worse, made 2-3 mistakes more and caused a few goals difference worse. Sting and me won in 2 legs with 5 goals difference.
Since it seemed that Sting and me deserved to win there, i finally accepted the 15-8 from the match before, since both of our teams seemed to be the best of the group (in the 1st match vs SW i wasn't goalkeeper, like in the 2nd match, so we had a crazy bad result there).

Today, i told Ibon/Luisma though, that i support the solution, that there could be a rematch or something (all 3 for example) and if not, that Sting and me may be disqualified. Wanted to let Ibon/Luisma or the cuporganisation to decide about that...

Well..in the end it's quite hard to say: it's actually not very sportsmanshiplike, i think. On the other hand there is no rule written down against it: so, since only Zaga and Pix had it in their hands, with how many goals they lose or not, it's probably their right to do so...if they want Sting and me to move to next round. The only chance against, is a rule or Sting and me could have lose on purpose or try to win... -> i didn't want to lose, even this cup is just for fun -> and since it's for fun, i immediately wanted a more serious match right after - since nothing is compareable with the bonus adrenaline in a kind of an official cup situation where little mistakes are punished hard and you have to fight for every single goal or second..

TURBOSPEEDER

Post by TURBOSPEEDER » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 pm

As a supergod of TS, I'm now announcing both Siurt and Ippon teams disqualified. Team dp is awarded a ribbon for their fair play and good sportsmanship.

Kronik
Community User Level: 1

Post by Kronik » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:52 am

next time , i post the way you guys wont me to play =)

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Allright. Stinike and Barnabés Team repeated their match playing seriously this time. Barnabés Team won 12-8, so Barnabés Team and Spanish Warriors go to the 2nd round. StiNike drops off.

Spanish Warriors replace StiNike in group G, so in group G there are: xzeal+Rogue, [fS] and Spanish Warriors.

Like Tijny said, 3 teams in the group isn't good. Still let's play this cup fairly to the end without that kind of cheating, please. :)

Kronik

Post by Kronik » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:13 am

No fix , lets cheat :|

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:05 pm

Us vs them

5-3 for us

and 6-4 for us

both on their server.

11-7

Us being us and them being spanish warriors

nolan

Post by nolan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:03 pm

Barnabés Team 4-5 No Fix
No Fix 2-6 Barnabés Team

Barnabés Team 10-7 No Fix

Kronik

Post by Kronik » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Posted at the Same time nolan :\
Last edited by Kronik on Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dede

Post by dede » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:06 pm

Kronik wrote:Cheaters Team
Sorry, but "Cheaters Team" is Copyright © 2005-2008 by Ippon² Team.

P.S. Good that you removed that already :D

dede

Post by dede » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:43 pm

CNNSBK vs De BarSho'lio
6-10 (2-7 4-3)

Kronik

Post by Kronik » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 pm

> Cheaters Team 6-4 Rub+Storm

> Rub+Storm 5-2 Cheaters Team

> Rub+Storm 9-8 Cheaters Team

Congrats , nice gaming

Btw, we passed \o/

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Team Siurt vs. CNNSBK 13-5 (2-1, 11-4)

Matti

Post by Matti » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:16 pm

FC Bullshit - TL 13-6 (5-3, 8-3)

Matti

Post by Matti » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:08 pm

FC Bullshit - TSudo MaGodo 14-5 (8-2, 6-3)

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:49 pm

[fS] - Spanish Warriors 8-6 (3-2, 5-4)

nolan

Post by nolan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:17 pm

No Fix 1-8 storm+rub
storm+rub 12-3 No Fix

No Fix 4-20 Storm+rub

BluT

Post by BluT » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:53 pm