It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:42 am

SCARTS Open Race

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

[FTR] Burnout

Community User Level: 2

SCARTS Open Race

PostMon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 pm

The last weekend of March I'm planning a special SCARTS event to show off what our league is all about and recruit new racers. In short, SCARTS is a NASCAR-like league using NASCAR car models with the current year's paint schemes as well as racetracks used on the NASCAR circuit. If you are familar with NASCAR, you may equate this as being dull oval racing. We are nearing the start of our third season.

Well, as dull as you may think, you probably don't realize the aspect which makes NASCAR interesting, the track bankings. I've spent time on designing ovals where you can run any line during a turn and stay competitive. The thrill of NASCAR is side-by-side racing, which is successfully accomplished through modifying each racetracks pat file and adjusting the acceleration and grip settings for each lane in a turn. Even veterans of Turbo Sliders will find the ovals my friends and I have designed a challenge due to several driving lines being fast, not just one. Finding the optimal lane to hit personal records WILL take time to find.

You can only race if you register on www.scartsracing.tk first. There you should read through the race rules so you are familiar with how we go about these races. The SCARTS Open Race is currently scheduled for Saturday March 28th, 3pm Eastern Standard Time, roughly 19:00 or 20:00 or so over in Europe, give or take where you are at. We will race Lowe's Motor Speedway which can be found in my track pack on my Filefront. The link is in the tracks section. Also, the cars needed are posted in the new cars section. Hope to see you all compete and please register to our SCARTS forum (www.scartsracing.tk) to be cleared to race!
Last edited by [FTR] Burnout on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[FTR] Burnout

PostTue Mar 24, 2009 8:07 pm

THIS Saturday, 3pm Eastern Time (roughly 19:00 or 20:00 in Europe depending on where you are) is the SCARTS Open Race at Lowe's. Just a reminder, to race this race, you MUST register on www.scartsracing.tk and sign the entry list for the race. Please make sure to get the needed cars and tracks for your first practice and qualifying session. Prac/quals will be held anytime between now and Saturday at 1pm EST. In order to qualify, add my msn (burnracer@hotmail.com) to let me know when you can run your qual laps. I hope to see many of you show!

Link to Entry List:
http://tsnascar.darkbb.com/entry-lists- ... f30d82f02e

Racing pics:

Burn

PostWed Mar 25, 2009 11:17 am

How about this? Put your name here if you're able to attend, I'll transfer it to the website.

Return to Competitions