It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:28 am

GPOR F1 Open Season 4 - vote

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What would you prefer for the next GPOR F1 Season?

No fuel, no damage, 4-6 laps
4%
No fuel, no damage, 6-10 laps
17%
No fuel, yes damage, 8-10 laps
8%
Yes fuel, no damage, 8-10 laps
50%
Yes fuel, yes damage, 8-10 laps
21%

Total votes : 24

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

GPOR F1 Open Season 4 - vote

PostTue May 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Server seems to be stable and probably we are ready to start a new season. Please vote for settings and eventually leave a comment with suggestions.

We also need administrators for the server, so ask if you want to be one.

Etana

Community User Level: 1

PostTue May 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Voted for "Yes fuel, no damage, 8-10 laps". Though even 10 laps might be meaningless from point of fuel strategy. But even so it brings more interest to race as car is little different to drive with different fuel loads. Of course it also brings more trouble with pit collisions, but it's not a real problem without players doing it purposely.

Damage tends to be problematic, especially in race starts. Little bad luck and your car is a wreckage. If damage is so low that it can take those major hits at start, whole idea of car damage become useless? Damage could be more usable with wider start grids.

Also some tracks still has those pits, which can be used to get better lap times. Could be good idea to use slowing terrain to remove temptation from lap wankers :) Maybe in all pits as well. Less speed, less collisions.

I think TSE_Tutoring was changed, but track name was same as old one? Or whatever the reason is for those track hash problems. Deleting and downloading probably helps, but...

Darx

PostTue May 05, 2009 9:56 pm

I voted "Yes fuel, yes damage, 8-10 laps". Having fuel can make long races a lot of fun, and I like using fuel strategy. :) The damage though... it makes it more realistic, but as Etana is saying, making the grids bigger would be really great, because the cars are so packed together at the start currently.

I don't think anyone would really want me to be an admin, and those noobs who were driving backwards have either changed their 'direction' or have been banned, but I see people roughing so much I wish I could do something right then and there. I am a very active player (I'm on there pretty much every day). Just curious... :wink:

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostSat May 16, 2009 9:09 am

So what was the point of this poll? It's relative to, hey I give you a ticket to a cinema, but it's useless, because I've made it myself. Most of players voted "yes fuel, no damage" and now there is still "yes fuel, yes damage" in use.

dede

PostSat May 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Keppana wrote:Most of players voted "yes fuel, no damage" and now there is still "yes fuel, yes damage" in use.

Damage settings have been adjusted so that they won't matter anyway. But yeah, I made this poll just because of olio complaining. It was already decided.

olio

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:06 am

dede wrote:I made this poll just because of olio complaining. It was already decided.

Yeah, I was complaining that you didn't ask what players wanted. But good that you made a poll that didn't have any value since it was already decided.

dede

PostSun May 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Well, poll was a way to check players opinion ("What would you prefer.."), but I've never said that result would've determined server settings. In the other hand, damage has almost no value, since it's very unlikely car reaches 50% damage. So maybe before talking, you could check damage settings? ;)

Scorpio

PostSun May 24, 2009 3:12 pm

host the server from a diffrent host..this is really pissing me off.. im leading a race, then the server disconnects me then after 4 laps it reconnects me and i am F**** 4 laps down!!!!!! this is really pissing me off..pls host it from another host..please!!!!

dede

PostSun May 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Server is alright and stable. Anyway we can move it to a better server, if you provide the money to host it.

Return to Competitions