It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:39 am

GPOR F1 Open Season 4

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostSat Jun 13, 2009 12:43 pm

if you want a good pitlane put every pit a long piece apart

lux2

Community User Level: 2

PostSat Jun 13, 2009 4:19 pm

There is a thing common to many unfair players (it's possible they are only one) the · in the nickname.
How can I type · (central point) in Windows?
I've not found a dead key for that.
I have a US 101 keys keyboard.

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostSat Jun 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Ban them using the IP. /ban 123.123.123.123

lux2

PostSat Jun 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Yes, dede. It's what i do after the race.
But I would like to know if there's the way to type the · in order to quickly ban them during the race and without exit the race to check their IPs.

If they tped their nicks... It must exist the way to type a · in the game. :?

iBlaze²

Community User Level: 3

PostSat Jun 13, 2009 6:46 pm

lux2 wrote:If they tped their nicks... It must exist the way to type a · in the game. :?

Not necessarily, when I added the ² to my nick I edited the .dat file in order to do so. I guess they just did the same to get the · in their nicks.

Chess

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostFri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 am

Today I actually got to play a bit with pro rules turned off. It was awesome! I actually got to get a few laps in. But there was one driver, who shall remain unnamed, who not only refused to give way to the faster cars but was trying to block as well. Soon the faster drivers were complaining that pro rules should be turned back on, and I could totally understand why having to deal with this fool.

So for goodness sake when an admin is cool enough to turn pro rules off PLEASE don't screw it up for the rest of us slow drivers and act like an ass.

dede

PostFri Jun 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Chess wrote:But there was one driver, who shall remain unnamed, who not only refused to give way to the faster cars but was trying to block as well.

Why should he remain unnamed? Anyway, experienced players know that newbies can hardly notice if car behind is on same lap or if it's 1 lap ahead, so they should try to avoid them using different lines in curves.
About the fact you mentioned, may I know who was the admin? He should've warned the blocker without turning pro mode on. It wasn't a good decision, as far as you described.

Black

PostFri Jun 19, 2009 1:37 pm

It is funny that you guys call all of the slow guys newbs, I kind of take offence, I am not a newb, just not particularily good at these cars. That said, yesterday while I was waiting for a race to be over I watched two lead cars, Burn and Matic going at it pretty good, something was under Burns skin and he was driving like a nob - stupid driving exists at all levels of expertise.

Kind of fun was passing cars that thought I was a lead car who moved out of my way, i bet they hated that! I still think pro-rules should go, this is just a game and the guys need to lighten up (funny how stressed and excited we can become when driving this game - road rage! lol.)

The best solution is to get the software guys to make a couple of little tweeks.

a. pro-rules do not exist in the pits or in the pit lanes

b. lead cars are indicated in some fashion when they come up on a slower car. OR even better a lapped car can be driven through GHOST IT.

c. slower cars should hold thier line and faster cars need to pass them not the slower car dives out of the way. This is more realistic, slower cars need the opportunity to move over when appropriate not go flying off the road to get out of the way. If a lead cars is in a battle for first and slower cars are making it tough - THATS RACING!

dede

PostFri Jun 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Black wrote:It is funny that you guys call all of the slow guys newbs, I kind of take offence, I am not a newb, just not particularily good at these cars.

How is that an offence? I don't get it.
Anyway saying 'newbie' I mean those who are new to the game and/or with this kind of car. Those guys are putting lot of efforts to keep the car on track, so leaders should expect problems when trying to lap them.

Anyway, let's stop complaining about pro rules:

1. pro mode MUST be enabled when there are no administrators in the server, because there are SEVERAL drivers driving backwards and screwing up races

2. pro mode SHOULD be disabled when administrators are in the server, because they can take care of banning unfair drivers

3. any change to the game CAN NOT be implemented, so it's useless asking for different game behavior

In the other hand, it's possible to enable GHOST MODE for the next season, if many players ask for it. I doubt that it will ever happen though, because ghost mode kills the fun of racing for newbies and average players.

stummihouse

PostSat Jun 20, 2009 4:40 pm

dede wrote:
Black wrote:ghost

jamais!

[siLciR]

PostSun Jun 21, 2009 10:52 am

i must say i agree with stummi on this one, ghost would be bad in spite of some asshole drivers. this kind of race wasnt made for ghost i think.

Black

PostMon Jun 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Funny you guys only comment on on one particular idea when I presented a few. You seem to have misread me regarding the ghosting, I was suggesting a software change, which you say can't be done, so I will drop it.

I enjoy the racing guys, so I am not complaining about it, just venting mine and many others frustration.

You know my feelings and I get yours so I will let the whole thing go and accept what I can't change.

dede

PostMon Jun 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Black wrote:You seem to have misread me regarding the ghosting

Probably stummi made a little confusion with quoting, since I was the one mentioning ghost races (you were just suggesting to add a game feature - which was good but not possible anyway, because game is no longer being developed "in the near future").

Black

PostTue Jun 23, 2009 6:23 pm

I have changed my mind, I am still going to fight, today, about 16 cars. The races are now 13 laps long, which on short tracks means I have sometimes twice the opportunity to be lapped. I cant stop for gas - becasue every time I do, some fn "PRO" hits me in the pits! why am I punished for his stupidity!
I am just about done with this game, I am furious that I waste my time, trying to have fun, get better - but I cant't even get around the track with out worrying if I can pit safely, what if I pull over for the wrong car, what if the pro doesn't know what the F he is doing - it sucks.

on one track I made it the 10th lap still on the lead lap, I slide over and hold my line and slow down - the "PRO" hits me - you tell me where the fun is, you tell me where the fair play is. THERE ISN"T ANY FOR US!

there is no admin to turn it off, with 13 laps it is impossible for some of us to stay on the lead lap, slower cars are flying all over the place trying to get out of the way, its bullshit!

I am sick of it.

dede

PostTue Jun 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Black wrote:there is no admin to turn it off

You keep on not considering what would be the results of turning promode off as default. If there is no admin to turn promode off, there is no admin to ban players driving backwards and screwing up races.
I don't want far west in the server, so the only way to keep things working is promode.

Black

PostTue Jun 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Then I am done. Again the fairness you want is a double edge sword, you answer is to protect half the players (half of which are not worthy of it) and punish the rest. At least the wild west show is equal.

What is a good analogy for this..... a teacher has a class of thirty kids, half are above average the other half are not. If any of the below average kids steps out of line - they are sent to the principle office. If the teacher leaves and one of the above average kids decides he can send the below average kid to the principles office. If the below average kids stops in the hall to get a drink of water but the above average wants it, the below av must go to the principles office. Before you know it, the below average kid is so far behind that he can never catch up.

yes lets protect the best so they can have it fair, f the rest of them!

good bye turbo racing.

Scud

PostTue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Hint for "newbies"... You can have your own private races to have some practise. I kind of understand what Black is saying but it is just imposible to please everyone. If you are not fast enough, practise, practise, practise... its that simple. Or maybe there should be another formula league for newbs? Something like TNC?
~siLciR <3~

Mouse

PostTue Jun 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Scud wrote:Hint for "newbies"... You can have your own private races to have some practise. I kind of understand what Black is saying but it is just imposible to please everyone. If you are not fast enough, practise, practise, practise... its that simple. Or maybe there should be another formula league for newbs? Something like TNC?

That's pretty much the best thing you can do. Kind of generic to say it, "just practice," but it's true.

This game itself is totally simple, but incredibly hard to get good at. Don't give up, just keep going and eventually you will get better. Remember, this is a small community, so you often have a high chance of racing against top players, you should expect to have your newbie ass handed to you. :wink:

Long time players usually are catered to more than others, true, but less so than in previous years (I see tons of newbie leagues.... never saw that before).

Don't know what else to say. You're a new player, who jumped online with veterans using a difficult car on difficult tracks. What's happening to you is not a surprise I think.

Just don't quit... that sucks. Keep racing.

Jurgen-NL

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 12:31 am

Black wrote:Then I am done. Again the fairness you want is a double edge sword, you answer is to protect half the players (half of which are not worthy of it) and punish the rest. At least the wild west show is equal.

What is a good analogy for this..... a teacher has a class of thirty kids, half are above average the other half are not. If any of the below average kids steps out of line - they are sent to the principle office. If the teacher leaves and one of the above average kids decides he can send the below average kid to the principles office. If the below average kids stops in the hall to get a drink of water but the above average wants it, the below av must go to the principles office. Before you know it, the below average kid is so far behind that he can never catch up.

yes lets protect the best so they can have it fair, f the rest of them!

good bye turbo racing.

lol i just read these answers and questions and dumb things you and dede wrote against each other :p

Dude when you see a so called ''pro'' hitting you in the pit you should record it easy as that.
i have no idea what that would help but people like dede can maybe figure out something.....

the other thing you mentioned is dede protects the half of the people ???? so do you.
and the reason why dede so called protects them is maybe since they play longer, practise more, appreciate it more, and the bigger % of these players does play fair.
plus when a player faster then you tries to overtake you and is in the same lap and crashes you, good players will let you retain your spot and say sorry or something and try to overtake you somewhere else.

Pro = fast player ( fast players dont need to be fair players so just accept these *ssholes are on the track or tell an admin, if an admin aint there whats there to do about it to keep it fair and not to have people cross the tracks diagonal hitting others)
good = fair player (maybe not many of these since most drive rough but they are out there)
noob/newbie = new guy figuring out his way through the game hopefully learn how things go around here.

dede

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 1:43 am

I'm really getting pissed about this topic. I'm not protecting only a part of players: people driving backwards damage both best drivers and newbies.
Now with promode they end up damaging best drivers mostly, because they get disabled after hitting the leader. But imagine what would happen if for all races there were a guy going backwards all the time and no admins showed up for 1 hour. So, is this what you want? I would like to recall that promode was introduced because in the free 0.86b version there were loads of players driving backwards and screwing up races on purpose. Do we want to go back to that?

Anyway, promode when administrators aren't in the server must be enabled, that's out of discussion.
We can discuss about giving admin rights to some more players or make some changes for next season.

Oh, and Jurgen, don't talk about things you don't know.

Strik3r

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 10:31 am

Yesterday I was playing with the guys. There was a time there were 15 guys racing. It's impossible not to get lapped in an 13 lap race with 15 guys racing. And several times I was on my own business, pulled over to the side and two or three fastest guys, fighting for position, just knocked me out.

Practice, practice, practice... The best way to practice is to run with the best. How can I practice if there aren't good AI lines in GPOR F1 Tracks? I am a real crap doing it and the AI drivers keep crashing and get stuck on track... :( My fastest laps are always done when I'm running after a guy faster than me, trying to keep up with him and doing his trajectorys. And pardon me if I'm mistaken, but someone said there were ADM on track yesterday and PRO MODE was still ON. :? Probably I'm wrong, and if so my apologies for it...

But I agree: PRO MODE is the best known way to keep things stabble. So, why not configurate it in order to disable only the guys TWO LAPS DOWN, and not only one?

I think it's easy to do it. Is just a small change in the code, it would be more fair for the slower guys racing and the wrong way suckers wouldn't ruin the race that much either (2 laps).

Scud

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 11:38 am

Strik3r wrote:The best way to practice is to run with the best. How can I practice if there aren't good AI lines in GPOR F1 Tracks?

I dont think you need AI-lines for practise and it is better if you learn best driving lines by yourself (not copying how other players drive). It will take time before you can compete with fastest players but if you dedicate your time much as most of these "pro" players it wont take forever when you dont need to think about getting lapped. It suck when you get disabled by faster player, but simply give more room for them. I was getting lapped too when i started to play but i never needed to "cry" about it & it wasnt too hard also to give enough room for them too. So practise, give room for lappers & dont expect to fight with fastest players if you are not willing to practise a lot. Fastest guys have been playing this game like 24/7 & 12 hours in a day... :wink:
~siLciR <3~

Jurgen-NL

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 11:52 am

dede wrote:I'm really getting pissed about this topic. I'm not protecting only a part of players: people driving backwards damage both best drivers and newbies.
Now with promode they end up damaging best drivers mostly, because they get disabled after hitting the leader. But imagine what would happen if for all races there were a guy going backwards all the time and no admins showed up for 1 hour. So, is this what you want? I would like to recall that promode was introduced because in the free 0.86b version there were loads of players driving backwards and screwing up races on purpose. Do we want to go back to that?

Anyway, promode when administrators aren't in the server must be enabled, that's out of discussion.
We can discuss about giving admin rights to some more players or make some changes for next season.

Oh, and Jurgen, don't talk about things you don't know.

heh dede lol, srry i know my previous topic involved some bad crap.
but yea... i couldnt help seeing him say goodbye only because he can`t see things from other people`s point of view.
even tho i cant race on gpor right now i still know how things go in there.
what i just wanted to make clear i guess is that he shouldnt only see at all the bad stuff going in there, but also see the nice work that is put into it to make it as good as possible.
and i just didnt want to be like anyone else saying just practise!!!!!.

dede

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Strik3r wrote:And pardon me if I'm mistaken, but someone said there were ADM on track yesterday and PRO MODE was still ON. :?

Ok, this is the topic. I see that some administrators prefer to keep the promode on because newbies ruin their laps/pits. This shouldn't happen, because the main idea behind this league is to get new players for the game. Promode should be turned off by administrators when they are in the server and there aren't too many guys messing up with rules.

So please, report if any administrator isn't turning promode off when he is in the server. And please ask him directly to turn promode off.

About training, most players think it's boring compared to online racing, and I agree with them. Keep playing online, it's more fun! If you are being disabled too much, consider to make room better. It shouldn't be too hard after a while, so you can complete all races.

Anyway, an option would be to turn promode off by default and see what happens. But we would need more administrators so that the server would be safe most time of the day.

Scud

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 2:18 pm

dede wrote:Anyway, an option would be to turn promode off by default and see what happens.

We know already what happens. Also this way admins cant focus on racing because they need to kick/ban monkeys all the time. As boring as it sounds, once again ghost racing would be best solution for everyone. It would be boring but then newbies can race full lenght races, so called pros can wank lap records etc.
~siLciR <3~
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions