It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:49 am

GPOR F1 Open Season 4

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Black

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Okay I am back - I like the racing too much!

I do understand your guys points of view, you may recall that when it was the sample game a couple years ago wtih the TSBF2's I was one of the faster cars and I did not mind the promode one bit! So I do understand.

I don't know how old you guys are, but I am 45 years old, have 4 kids, and I race when I can get a break at work to do so. That is why I get so annoyed, I don't have endless hours to finish a race, just 30 or 40 minutes a day to have fun, if I get the boot half the time due to pro, I loose half of my time. So you see there is a reason I get so annoyed.

Dede, I love the game, love to play - keep up the good work!

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostWed Jun 24, 2009 10:00 pm

Black wrote:I don't have endless hours to finish a race, just 30 or 40 minutes a day to have fun, if I get the boot half the time due to pro, I loose half of my time.

Yes, that's bad. In the other hand, imagine what happens with promode off and no admins showing up. There could be 6 hours/day of far west because of that. At least you got a chance to have fun, instead of not having fun at all.

Darx

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Jun 25, 2009 7:02 am

Strik3r wrote:But I agree: PRO MODE is the best known way to keep things stabble. So, why not configurate it in order to disable only the guys TWO LAPS DOWN, and not only one?

I think it's easy to do it. Is just a small change in the code, it would be more fair for the slower guys racing and the wrong way suckers wouldn't ruin the race that much either (2 laps).

Maybe you should try opening exe files in Notepad. Then you'd understand why nothing in the source code's been changed. It's much, much harder than what you're thinking. :P

I really have to say this: There's too many roughers in the GPOR server. Some people are too aggressive and block, but there's others who just ram people off the track, for their enjoyment. :roll: I see this happening too much, and I wish there were more admins to deal with it. Of course, I don't think you want me to be an admin.

Strik3r

PostThu Jun 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Darx wrote:Maybe you should try opening exe files in Notepad. Then you'd understand why nothing in the source code's been changed. It's much, much harder than what you're thinking. :P

Darx, when I mentioned changing it I mentioned an update to the game it self. I know too well that you can't open .exe files in notepad, Visual Studio or even Turbo C++.

It's a suggestion, not something to implement right after dinner tonight.

dede

PostThu Jun 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Darx wrote:Some people are too aggressive and block, but there's others who just ram people off the track, for their enjoyment. :roll: I see this happening too much, and I wish there were more admins to deal with it.

This is a hard topic. Some players are roughing on purpose (e.g. serial_man and people like that one) - or they don't notice they are roughing.
But the car is quite hard to drive for newcomers, so many guys are often braking too late which results in big accidents. That might happen at every hairpin, in a 15 players-race. It's a bit irritating if you are leading the group and you get pushed out badly, but there is no easy way to solve it with this car. We can't warn and ban everybody when that happens, and we can't expect newbies to drive perfect lines from the beginning. So my suggestion is to take it easy :P

Starting from Season 6 we'll have an easier car to drive, with better brakes and acceleration, so the gap between masters and newbies will be possibly closer. Later we'll also discuss about the developing of the car, so everybody will be happy about changes (not so big, anyway).

Strik3r

PostThu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 pm

dede wrote:
Darx wrote:Some people are too aggressive and block, but there's others who just ram people off the track, for their enjoyment. :roll: I see this happening too much, and I wish there were more admins to deal with it.

This is a hard topic. Some players are roughing on purpose (e.g. serial_man and people like that one) - or they don't notice they are roughing.
But the car is quite hard to drive for newcomers, so many guys are often braking too late which results in big accidents. That might happen at every hairpin, in a 15 players-race. It's a bit irritating if you are leading the group and you get pushed out badly, but there is no easy way to solve it with this car. We can't warn and ban everybody when that happens, and we can't expect newbies to drive perfect lines from the beginning. So my suggestion is to take it easy :P

Starting from Season 6 we'll have an easier car to drive, with better brakes and acceleration, so the gap between masters and newbies will be possibly closer. Later we'll also discuss about the developing of the car, so everybody will be happy about changes (not so big, anyway).

Big crash... so what?

I never saw Turbo Sliders as a concurrent with rFactor or GTR2. If there's a meelee in the first corner, too bad, I need to run for my live and recover.

Of course it is much better to race without bumps, but sometimes it happens, even involuntarily, since the commands are not that accurate.

Because, after all, TS is just a bloody game... ;)
Previous

Return to Competitions