It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Discussion about new F1 League

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

Discussion about new F1 League

PostTue May 26, 2009 2:05 pm

It has been quite a lot of time since we organized a succesful league. There have been some ideas in my mind, and now that iRAC is semi-officially dead, maybe it's time to plan something for the future.

Scud's iRAC teached that we can't expect to have 20 players all races, even if they sign up to the league, and after few weeks some of them will totally disappear.

In my opinion next league should be about Formula 1, because this way we could count on some new players. GPOR-Form1 is fine by me, but it wouldn't be a big issue to change it either.
Another option would be to give teams the possibility to develop their own cars: given some limitations, in the pre-season teams would be allowed to test different car settings in order to find out best configuration. Car settings will have to be fixed before the start of the season, and no changes will be allowed afterwards. No idea if this sounds too complicated, though.

Besides cars, I think teams should have an important role in this league. They can be based either on real F1 teams or on fictional teams.

If we manage to get several players involved in this league, there might be the possibility to organize two or more parallel leagues, based on skill level.
If two or more leagues are organized, teams could be composed of players taking part in different leagues. This could also solve unactive players problem.

Example:

F1 League:
Ferrari - dede & Nerd [Uk]
Toyota - Tijny & Badeend
Brawn GP - Matti & siLciR

F2 League:
Ferrari - Matic & Hevonen
Toyota - lux & Keppana
Brawn GP - Burnout & iBlaze²

F3 League:
Ferrari - GuiGo[22] & Kwak
Toyota - kkyborg & XLechnaX
Brawn GP - Jurgen-NL & TomAsh

With this kind of league configuration, teams would be composed of 6 players taking part in three different leagues. But if players from higher league can't make it to the race, mates from lower leagues can substitute them. Lower league could also accept random players as substitutes of signed up players, in case they don't show up to the race.

I think this might work very well, if we find enough players interested in this kind of league.

Another issue is to decide what kind of tracks should be used for this competition. Using "old" tracks may give quite a good advantage to seasoned players. At the same time, released tracks would give high importance to fuel tactics and training. It would be nice, in my opinion, to have unreleased tracks for each race, so that people won't have to lose half of their lives to train in order to obtain a good result.
In order to learn the track, we might add a practice session before qualify, where people could test whatever they want (fuel tactics, fast laps, etc).

Well, I guess this is enough to start a discussion. Leave your feedback here, so that we can find out if it's worth organizing it or not. Let's also talk about league settings, so that everybody will be happy about them.

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

PostTue May 26, 2009 5:19 pm

My suggestion is to keep 3 different leagues at same time; Beginner, Semi and Pro League. And how we know who goes in which league? With some kind of qualification. In Pro League qualification everybody can drive laps, but 20 best of accepted to the league. After this is Semi League qualifyings and at last is Beginner League qualifyings. Or there could be only one qualifying for all leagues. Something like GPOR F1 Season style cups could be way to qualify players. During the season player cannot jump to other League. Cars could be the same for all (GPOR?), but Semi has less grip and acceleration to Pro car, and Beginner car has less grip and acceleration to Semi car. During the season, new players can join Beginners League. After the season, 5 less points collected players moves from Pro to Semi League, and 5 most points collected from Semi goes to Pro League, same for Beginners League..

This example is based on GPOR Open Season 4 standigs but let's joke it's results of this F1 series. Here is how seats goes after the season:

Pro League:
-----------
1. Matic
2. [NoLo] Etana
3. Hevonen
4. *ARG*Pablinho15
5. [iR] lux
6. [+] dede
7. siLciR
8. [FIN] Keppana
9. Koenji
10. Varen
11. [FnF] Burnout
12. Fr173
13. GuiGo[22]
14. kkyborg
15. stummihouse
16. AndySlider (moves to Semi League)
17. Badeend (moves to Semi League)
18. Kwak (moves to Semi League)
19. Aqualung (moves to Semi League)
20. Hangman (moves to Semi League)

Semi League:
------------
1. roflmao (moves to Pro League)
2. Larppa (moves to Pro League)
3. Gerald Bostock (moves to Pro League)
4. [fS]Janne (moves to Pro League)
5. Adrian Sutil (moves to Pro League)
16. Logitequi (moves to Beginner League)
17. Bidon (moves to Beginner League)
18. oftalmico (moves to Beginner League)
19. Dinara_Safina (moves to Beginner League)
20. [ : ] Etmil (moves to Beginner League)

Beginner League:
----------------
1. RiantHoff (moves to Semi League)
2. Spopielar (moves to Semi League)
3. Ogard Navi (moves to Semi League)
4. Peto! (moves to Semi League)
5. jake (moves to Semi League)

This example shows how the cars of each league has been balanced, based on GPOR-F1 car:

Pro:
acceleration 90
grip 230

Semi:
acceleration 80
grip 220

Beginner:
acceleration 70
grip 210

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostTue May 26, 2009 6:23 pm

I would join this definitly and keppana`s idea sounds great but 20 players per league would be a bit big i suppose (or else there will be 1 group with 20 players and the other group maybe with 9 players) so we could say 12 or 10 per league.
And this wont be a GPOR league so i recommend to not use GPOR car either.

lets see what else
Questions for dede: damage and fuel in these races?
same starting line up as scud made?
how many races each season?
i would say last 2 people of each league fall down a league and first 2 go up 1 league what do you think?

and if you wish to have the teams involved like Ferrari mclaren renault brawngp if 1 of the teams players falls back a group the improving 2 players from the other group can be picked for new driver in the next season and vice versa for the the driver that went up will be picked by teams from that group

Example

Group 1

Ferrari - dede & Nerd [Uk] (dede made it into the last 2 of his group 1 falls back to group 2)
(lux gets picked by Nerd since lux was in top 2 of the last group)

Toyota - Tijny & Badeend

Brawn GP - Matti & siLciR (silcir made itinto the last 2 of his group 1 falls back to group 2)
(Hevonnen gets picked by Matti since Hevonnen was in top 2 of the last group)

Group 2

Ferrari - Matic & Hevonen (dede gets picked by Matic since dede was in last 2 of group 1 and hevonnen left )

Toyota - lux & Keppana (Silcir gets picked by Kepanna since silcir was in last 2 of the last group 1)

so the teams would now be

Group 1

Ferrari - Lux & Nerd [Uk]
Toyota - Tijny & Badeend
Brawn GP - Matti & Hevonnen

Group 2

Ferrari - Matic & dede
Toyota - Silcir & Keppana

and the next season is ready to go

if however 2 people of the same team go up they will get picked and the other 2 people that go down will be teammates in that group

and off course when 2 people of the same team go down 1 laegue the other 2 people that go up will be teammates in that group

hope ive been clear enough and not vague :p

Scorpio

Community User Level: 1

PostTue May 26, 2009 8:25 pm

USA Entry for Begginer league, i painted this car, i can give you my copy of my psd.... but here it is:

Last edited by Scorpio on Tue May 26, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jurgen-NL

PostTue May 26, 2009 8:37 pm

not really dede allready had this in mind from my point of view :wink:

Scorpio

PostTue May 26, 2009 8:39 pm

mabey, but it is copieng, i had come out with the idea, but, he didnt explain it so, 1 question, are they on track at the same time or not? but
my USA car, i would like to use, i will sent a png to you and you can size
it to your standards

dede

PostTue May 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Keppana's idea wouldn't work in a TurboSliders league, since we've seen in several cases that people often quit after few races. The idea of having two or more parallel leagues based on different skill levels is to keep the main league as active as possible.
Probably we could start with two different leagues, one for "top players" and the other one for average players and newbies. A very important thing would be to merge teams between the two leagues, so that players from lower league can eventually substitute players from top league. At the same time newbies league would be open to random people in order to get as many players as possible (but of course, players from top league wouldn't be allowed to play in newbies league).

About the promotion/relegation system, it could work but I'm not sure if to use it. Probably it's just better to arrange leagues and teams before the beginning of the season, basing on previous season results and players activity.

Fuel should be used, yes. About damage, contacts between cars shouldn't matter too much (low damage settings). We could also introduce damage terrain, so that people will lose energy by cutting in sand/grass/etc.

Starting grid could be similar to iRAC one, since it's just better than the standard one.

About the car, I wouldn't use different cars between the two leagues, because it would be harder for newbies to substitute top players during the season. At the moment we aren't in a hurry, so it's good to understand if we want the same car for everybody or the possibility to configure the car before the beginning of the league (as I explained in the first post).
If we decide to go with the same car for everybody, we could pick an existing car such as GPOR-Form1, or even make a new one.

It's also important to understand if we want new tracks for each race (top league race would have unreleased track, which is going to be released for newbies cup, then), or if we want the possibility to train and try strategies before the race (track released at least 1 week before the race).

More feedback ->

olio

Community User Level: 2

PostWed May 27, 2009 8:39 am

dede's idea seems quite good.

About the car, I think the same car for everyone could be the best solution after all. I understand what you are trying to achieve with the different setups on cars. But it's clear that not everyone who would like to participate in the cup are willing or have time/interest/skill to test different kind of cars and setups to find out which is the best. And that could make huge differences on results and lower motivation for further races, if you know in the start that you can't be competitive because of the car. Using the same car really rewards the best driving skill and tactics. Naturally this isn't the case in real racing. But because we have that possibility, I think we should use it.

Strik3r

PostWed May 27, 2009 10:53 am

I think we shouldn't complicate what is an easy game. I'm against the idea of testing, setting up and develop a new car and the reason is simple: I don't know how to do it and I doubt that I can do a good work even if I started right now to develop it because I really suck in TS.

But even though I'm a completely crappy driver like Nelsinho Piquet doesn't mean I don't want to enter. And, for me, the best options for this league are:

- Two divisions: PRO and AMATEUR (or Newbie, or Crappy, or Turttle, or something)
- Same car characteristics in both Divisions
- Top drivers on PRO, the newbies and some random on AMATEUR;
- Winner of AMATEUR will have the chance to race in PRO next season;
- Teams by DIVISIONS and not by LEAGUE. Although we all may race with McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull, if someone in the higher league needs a temporary partner, he may ask whomever he wants from the lower league.
- Fuel - YES; Damage - YES if like the actual GPOR Open Season;
- Tracks - Unreleased would be fine, but the actual GPOR and some more can be fairly used.

I have a little question, Dede: is it possible to lock access for non-registered players to access the brand cars and use only the GPOR-F1 Car? It would be nice if that was possible...

dede

PostWed May 27, 2009 1:11 pm

olio wrote:Teams by DIVISIONS and not by LEAGUE. Although we all may race with McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull, if someone in the higher league needs a temporary partner, he may ask whomever he wants from the lower league.

Hmm, maybe this is a good idea, since everybody will have the same possibility to join PRO division as substitute.

Strik3r wrote:is it possible to lock access for non-registered players to access the brand cars and use only the GPOR-F1 Car? It would be nice if that was possible

I'm not sure I understood this question at all. Can you explain it a bit better?

About the car, I think we'll test different cars for this league: GPOR-Form1 is quite good for racing, but maybe we can find/build a better one.
Last edited by dede on Wed May 27, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strik3r

PostWed May 27, 2009 2:29 pm

dede wrote:
Strik3r wrote:is it possible to lock access for non-registered players to access the brand cars and use only the GPOR-F1 Car? It would be nice if that was possible

I'm not sure I understood this question at all. Can you explain it a bit better?

About the car, I think we'll test different cars for this league: GPOR-Form1 is quite good for racing, but maybe we can find/build a better one.

Hi there.

Dede, the idea was that registered "racers" in AMATEUR would race with McLaren, Red Bull, BMW and other "real" liveries, while unregistered players (the ones that appear once in time to race and will help to full fill the grid) would race with a generic car, painted with their profile colours.

But after some thinking, it doesn't seam logical, since I, an AMATEUR, can race in the PRO "licensed" car if someone needs a driver to complete his team, and a friend of mine, not registered, wouldn't be able to race in my team if my team partner was absent, for example. So, forget that! :)

PS: it was me, Strik3r, and not Olio who posted those. ;)
Last edited by Strik3r on Wed May 27, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strik3r

PostWed May 27, 2009 2:38 pm

As for the car, something a little more "steerable" in low speeds would be good, since GPOR F1 is undrivable (a.k.a. funny to use) in some tracks designed as official, like Monaco or Indianapolis, and propense to melees on tracks with some very tight corners, like Sepang.

Scud

PostWed May 27, 2009 5:13 pm

dede wrote:It would be nice, in my opinion, to have unreleased tracks for each race, so that people won't have to lose half of their lives to train in order to obtain a good result.
Exactly! Thats one of the reason i lost my motivation for iRAC. If its going to be raced in new tracks, i am offering my help with trackmaking. But only landscapes...
~siLciR <3~

Mouse

PostWed May 27, 2009 11:18 pm

I'm in for joining this league, as long as I'm not at work when the races are scheduled.

I can provide a track (or a few) also, I currently have one being made with the GPOR-Form1 in mind.

Scorpio

PostThu May 28, 2009 1:40 am

guys, i have made 3 new bodie styles for F1, 1 is 2008, then i made a hybrid of 08-09 and the final being the 09 here are the 3, i have sized
them to the gpor f1 and made cars ;) let me know what you think

Hybrid; Image

2009; Image

2008; Image

if you like, you can use them for this comp, just contact me dede, Scorpio12344@hotmail.com

Keppana

PostThu May 28, 2009 10:38 am

dede wrote:Keppana's idea wouldn't work in a TurboSliders league, since we've seen in several cases that people often quit after few races. The idea of having two or more parallel leagues based on different skill levels is to keep the main league as active as possible.

You are in right. Maybe 3 different leagues may be too much. If we'd keep 2 leagues, it should work. Main league and qualifying league. Main league could be team based and qualifying league is just qualifying.

pablinho15

PostThu May 28, 2009 8:27 pm

hello

Pro League: :D

1_Dede
2_Tijny
3_nerd :!:
4_badeend
5_koenji :!:
6_etana
7_matti
8_larppa
9_Janne
10_Gerald Bostock
11_Peto!
12_Silcir
13_Aqualung
14_Olio
15_Miksa :)
16_Scud
17_Benzinfurz
18_Mike Nike
19_Dat guy
20_ :roll:

Asi deberia ser la pro liga.Me encantaria ver esas carreras con esos piolotos :D

Byez.....

pablinho15

PostThu May 28, 2009 8:28 pm

singapur track?

Dubai track?

[siLciR]

PostSat May 30, 2009 10:15 am

pablinho15 wrote:hello

Pro League: :D

1_Dede
2_Tijny
3_nerd :!:
4_badeend
5_koenji :!:
6_etana
7_matti
8_larppa
9_Janne
10_Gerald Bostock
11_Peto!
12_Silcir
13_Aqualung
14_Olio
15_Miksa :)
16_Scud
17_Benzinfurz
18_Mike Nike
19_Dat guy
20_ :roll:

Asi deberia ser la pro liga.Me encantaria ver esas carreras con esos piolotos :D

Byez.....

aqualung, koenji, gerald bostock are the same person, my wonderfull nicks (need to feed my enormous ego!!!)! :)

as for the league, i don't know if it will be possible even to create 2 fully operational leagues. i would say 1 is enough. But with a different approach if u want to have scalons, the best way in my opinion would be a Le Mans way, with everyone in the race but fighting for each "type" of car win. or as in Wrc, with official and prodution cars.

Everyone in at the same time would be the best way. and easier to organize.

dede

PostWed Jun 03, 2009 11:58 pm

So, season should be something like this:

- one race per week
- unreleased track
- f1 type of car (not decided yet, maybe even a brand new car)
- practice, quali and long race in the same day (1h / 1h30m event)

Who would be interested? Is it alright to start this in July or shall we postpone it to September?

Burn

PostThu Jun 04, 2009 11:11 am

I would race in it, I think September would be easier for most people.

Strik3r

PostThu Jun 04, 2009 2:08 pm

I would be interested, depending on the day to take place (Mondays would be excelent)...

Scud

PostThu Jun 04, 2009 2:37 pm

Im in when this happens... About cup start, i prefer september.
~siLciR <3~

Jurgen-NL

PostFri Jun 05, 2009 11:11 am

im also in this september would be cool then im back from holiday and hopefully the track will be loadable

dede

PostFri Jun 05, 2009 11:24 am

Jurgen-NL wrote:im also in this september would be cool then im back from holiday and hopefully the track will be loadable

Ok then, I confirm we will start in September, so we have time to make enough tracks. I confirm, anyway, that tracks won't be downloadable.

There will be a new car as well, which will be launched in a GPOR Open Season.
Next

Return to Competitions