It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:28 am

IHLC #17 - Sunday 5 July @ 19:00 CET

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

IHLC #17 - Sunday 5 July @ 19:00 CET

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 7:42 pm

What's this cup?
The goal of International Hot Laps Cup is to get as fast as possible with each default car in a brand new track. Players will compete with every car, at the same server, with the same amount of laps. Fastest lap will show the real speed of every driver.

When?
July the 5th 2009 (Sunday) @ 19:00 CET (17:00 GMT, 18:00 UK Portugal, 19:00 CET Germany Italy and Spain, 20:00 Finland...)

How can I join?
The cup is open to demo players also. So just connect to the server to join the cup. Please play the whole cup if you join the server.

How does this cup work?
Car: each car will be driven once (order: EasySlider, Slider, Speeder, Spinner, AntiSlider OR random in case of one server only)
Track: Unreleased - you will be able to download it during the cup
Laps: depending by track-length
Ghost Mode: Enabled
Servers: Community Server [BEL] and eventually one more (20 players + 20 players)
Rules: Fastest lap for each car counts. Times will be counted together in order to establish the winner of 'All Cars Ranking' (EasySlider+Slider+Speeder+Spinner+AntiSlider).

NEW! This cup will work also as qualification for the next International Racing Tournament. So, if you join this cup and there will be more than 20 players to the IRT, you will have a spot reserved. In the other hand, if you don't take part to this cup, you will have to hope for free spots to the IRT.

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 am

So this is the cup that features driving only one good lap.. rofl. (What the hell was I doing in the last IRT?) Anyway, as much as I'd like to join, I'll probably not be home at that time. Blah!

dede

PostSat Jul 04, 2009 11:40 pm

If we manage to get several players, we'll organize it in two servers. You can join your favourite server and then laptimes will be displayed in both servers after each race.
For those coming from non-EU countries, there is a tool for time zone conversion -> http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

See ya

dede

PostSun Jul 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks everybody for joining the cup. I think this was a record, since we got over 30 players racing in the same cup at the same time. The server syncronization worked nicely, even though we can speed up a bit next time.

Results are available here.

Return to Competitions