It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:04 am

TurboSliders.com F1 League - Schedule & Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Nov 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Thanks for joining the league and for posting your race comments. We will probably organize a new one in January, so be ready!

This last race went well for me. As usual I had troubles in the first practise, since I couldn't really find a fast and clean line. In second practise I found some constancy and pace with full tank, so I obtained the pole in quali. My plan was to go on a 1-pit tactic, but Tijny not driving fastest lap on lap 5 convinced me to stop before crossing the finishline. The start of the race went quite well for me, but after some laps Tijny managed to catch and pass me. I made some mistakes while he was leading, but I recovered it well at the end of my first stint. After my pitstop, I knew I would've had to push to the limit if I had wanted to win. The first lap went quite well, but then I lost about 1 second in next two laps. I hoped to still make it, but he managed to exit the pitlane right in front of me. I had better speed, so I tried a kamikaze move in order to pass him in first chicane, but that resulted in a heavy cut which gave him the first position and some gap. I also started to make some mistakes so he ran away easily. In the last laps I started to gain some tenths back, but two mistakes by me (and two awesome laps by him) gave Tijny the victory. Congrats for the race & the championship!

About the championship standings, I'm not satisfied to see myself so much behind. I expected to lose, yeah, but I should've obtained more victories. Let's see in January if things will go better ;)

Tijny

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 10:21 am

Race results
Final standings
Track (fixed version)

Very nice last race. After getting my ass handed to me by 2-stop dede last week I decided to go for a 2-stopper as well, yet I couldn't get the pole. In the race I had a little trouble finding the right pace at first, but after 9 laps I was (literally) on dede's rear bumper and overtook him half a lap later. I knew I had to gain some time on him before my first pitstop, but as I had less fuel and kept driving steady fast laps that was no problem either.
In my second stint I had no idea where dede would be after my last stop, so I just drove as fast as I could and hoped it'd be enough. And like always, after my pitstop he was exactly where I was (well, behind me with more speed). He tried to overtake me in the first corner, but he was a little too ambitious and drove into the sand. From that point on I was never worried about losing even though he still came quite close, and my last 2 laps were any wanker's dream. :)

About the track, I feel really bad that the grid was bugged, all the more because this was (one of) the best track(s) in the league in my opinion. When placing the visual part of the starting grid, I didn't realize it would affect the actual starting positions (I have a script to turn the tile codes into starting positions since that requires some trigonometry) and placed them in the wrong order. Sometimes it's bad to rely on automation too much! Luckily I guess it didn't affect the final result too much.

Pingu

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 10:26 am

From 16th to 9th not bad uh :lol:

And Gratz Tijny with the cup!

Edit; Lol just watched the race two times again first from Tijny and Dede perspective, the best part was when Tijny made his 2nd stop and came slow speed out of the pit but due to keeping his line dede was forced into the dirt if he wanted to takeover which cost him even more time. Woulda been an exciting end if dede past tijny after all the pitstops and then the grand finale until the finish line.

2nd time I watched it from my perspective and also a bit of mike's race lol. What the hell was hapening between you and Ianz lol :p. You crashed bigtime in the chicane after you coudnt pass him for 1.5 laps :shock: I dont know what Ianz was doing there hehe :wink: Also the crash with phillipe where you all 3 including [BRA]Ciutz were very close together was exciting :twisted:

Also at the end of the final lap i drive over the waver of the checkered flag, srry Shy :wink:

Peto!

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 11:16 am

Thank you all for making this league possible. I was really enjoying it. Even after all these years. :D

About last race. I didn't have a proper qualify because making some little mistakes on my laps, but I wanted to keep high fuel so I ended 13th.

In the race I was passed by in first few curves (as always) and I got stuck there for some laps. After I got some constant speed I managed to overtake some drivers. And I have to say they were really fair this time. I don't remember anyone slowing me down there. Since I got some space I was driving as fast as I could. But near my pitstop I was a bit confused about Tijny. He came in front of me (not too near ofc) from his stop with higher fuel and I had to try overtaking him. So I passed him. And right after that I lost my driving sense so I had to let him pass for some fast laps.

In my pitstop I was also in danger ruining dede's race by crashing him. Luckily there was a wall so I could stop there. In stopping I had fast calculations about fuel amount. I calculated them so I will be lapped in the end, about 85%. After the stop I was clearly amazed to see Etmil right behind me. Then I knew I will be high in positions today. I still managed to reach MN but I coulnd't keep at his speed and I thought he will go his own way. But soon after he crashed in the fast chicane badly when lapping someone. Or was it a technical issue? After that I was able to drive safe when no one was near me. But there was still a problem. How can I reach finish with so low fuel. I had some discussions with ziossi there and he told me all the time that I had enough fuel. So I drove some eco driving last two laps trying to keep Etmil and CIUTZ behind me. I had all the time vision They will pass me just before finish. And it was so near.. I had 0% fuel in the last curves but didn't know it would be enough to drive with fast speed. :D

So after all it was my best race in this league. Though I couldn't reach my maximum speed in qualify. Maybe because I missed 1st prac, dunno. Still I loved the track in the 2nd prac. Because there was some fast chicanes where you have to drive with full speed to make difference to others. And also sand wasn't too near so I could cut a bit in curves. This was a first track where I didn't drive to sand in critical places in the race. :)

Thanks again to you all for this league. And we will see definitely in the next one. ;)

Peto!

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 11:54 am

Btw will there be any awards? Like the most constant driver or the most breathtaking overtake? And of course something like the roughest driver. Many enough so almost everyone will get a award. It makes this league even more interesting imo. The best parts could be also shown at youtube or be downloadable at turbosliders.com. I would like that. :)

dede

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Pingu wrote:the best part was when Tijny made his 2nd stop and came slow speed out of the pit but due to keeping his line dede was forced into the dirt if he wanted to takeover which cost him even more time.

Well, he had quite enough gap to mantain first position before first chicane. I forced the overtaking because I knew he was faster than me and he would've ran away easily without my car blocking him. And that happened, infact.

Peto! wrote:The best parts could be also shown at youtube or be downloadable at turbosliders.com

Making a video with the league highlights would be really great. I remember that Mouse made some in the past, so maybe he can make a new one? It could be a good spot for the game, also :P

Tijny

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 2:47 pm

http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track.php?id=780

I released a version of yesterday's track with a normal starting grid (yeah, so it can't be bugged), which includes AI lines in the download package. Yes, they're fast. I tried a 12-lap ghost race on skill level 5 and I was 2nd. :P

shyguy1001

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 4:07 pm

dede wrote:
Pingu wrote:the best part was when Tijny made his 2nd stop and came slow speed out of the pit but due to keeping his line dede was forced into the dirt if he wanted to takeover which cost him even more time.

Well, he had quite enough gap to mantain first position before first chicane. I forced the overtaking because I knew he was faster than me and he would've ran away easily without my car blocking him. And that happened, infact.

Peto! wrote:The best parts could be also shown at youtube or be downloadable at turbosliders.com

Making a video with the league highlights would be really great. I remember that Mouse made some in the past, so maybe he can make a new one? It could be a good spot for the game, also :P

I was doing that for eisenstadt, got bored though, I could probs get it done in the next week as I have plenty of free time now my main exams are over....

And as for awards, I think I would get most lolsome lags (about 5/8 races retired from lol), and perhaps best flag waver too :P

dede

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Lanz wrote:nice league guys with good tracks cant wait for the new one!!!!!!!!! also a good race for me and the first points !!!!! yeah!!!!!! and the award for the roughest player its mine :D sorry for that specially for dede mike and matic
i cant do it better :D

Pingu

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 6:50 pm

Hehe where did he wrote that?

Anyways is the Gpor server gonna be update now anytime soon since the league ended?

And Januari... danggg that will be a long wait :cry:

dede

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Pingu wrote:Hehe where did he wrote that?

He makes a new topic every time he wants to answer. So I closed it and moved his comment here.

Pingu wrote:Anyways is the Gpor server gonna be update now anytime soon since the league ended?

Yes, the plan is to start a new GPOR Open Season in next weeks. This way people can train for next F1 League and hopefully we will get more interested players.

Pingu wrote:And Januari... danggg that will be a long wait :cry:

We will have some default cars cup. Playing always the same things can be boring in long terms. You'll enjoy January's cup more than playing it right now :)

shyguy1001

PostMon Nov 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Awesome, someone can teach me slider :) Im still way off the pace even on 25 second laps :( Although I am improving at antislider and easyslider, I dont even touch speeder, and spinner confuses me (its only good for wanking anyway)

Mouse

PostSun Nov 22, 2009 7:34 am

During home renovations I have had no PC for a couple weeks and kind of disappeared (also missed the final GP unfortunately). So now I just wanted to thank the ones who organized/hosted the league and made the tracks. It was great fun and if I have time in January I'll join the next one. :wink:
Previous

Return to Competitions