It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 am

TurboSliders.com F1 League - Schedule & Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

PostSat Oct 24, 2009 11:41 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:Anchorage sounds interesting...

Someone playing Fallout 3 by any chance? :P

reirom wrote:dede where i can dowload this tracks why is not upload?

The tracks for upcoming GPs are unreleased. It will be up for download sometime after Sunday's race.

dede

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 12:54 am

shyguy1001 wrote:Hopefully not one of those snowy ones, they hurt my eyes after a while.

Bingo!

shyguy1001

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 7:46 am

Mouse wrote:

reirom wrote:dede where i can dowload this tracks why is not upload?

The tracks for upcoming GPs are unreleased. It will be up for download sometime after Sunday's race.

He may of being talking about mordecai, because for one thing you cant watch the replay if you dont have the track.

@dede: In those snowy ones the snow slows you down so much! Im hating this race already Q_Q

dede

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 8:22 am

shyguy1001 wrote:@dede: In those snowy ones the snow slows you down so much! Im hating this race already Q_Q

I guess it has the same slowdown as sand in normal tracks. Otherwise cutting would be quite faster.

Tijny

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 8:46 am

Mouse wrote:
No! It's a real city in Alaska!
Fine, yes, I got the inspiration while playing FO3, I'm kinda running out of fictional track names. :P

shyguy1001 wrote:In those snowy ones the snow slows you down so much! Im hating this race already Q_Q
The snow is somewhere in between the light sand and the darker sand, speed-wise. That means that on my tracks, cutting corners would be slightly faster in the snow, however, you have to be careful not to overshoot a turn by accelerating too early.

reirom

Community User Level: 3

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 am

hey tinjjy this tracks will not be released why?

shyguy1001

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 1:29 pm

reirom wrote:hey tinjjy this tracks will not be released why?

If you mean why is the anchorage track not going to be released before the event, its so people cant practice and lapwank it before the race and therefore have an unfair advantage.

Keppana

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Anchoring in a nutshell:

I'd like to thank my team for good fuel strategy again. I thought that I was going on 2 stops, but team called and said "push, push, your fuel will still last 5 more laps", so I was a bt happy for that news. Car kept working better with less fuel and I went to pit in lap 17. Later part of the race I had some problems with a grip, I could't get tires enough warm maybe because I picked some snow offside the track, but not much. Race ok.
Last edited by Keppana on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mouse

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm getting worse as this cup goes on.

Today I made so many mistakes, it was pathetic! Near the end (few laps to go) I managed to grab 10th, but then in the last couple laps I lost 4 positions, 3 of them in the final few turns.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

shyguy1001

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 9:53 pm

ffs I need a new PC xD

My internet is reliable as a jordan car!

dede

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Mouse wrote:Today I made so many mistakes, it was pathetic!

Hey! You were watching my race!

Practice 1: Game crashed so I joined one lap later. I couldn't manage to find a safe fast line.

Practice 2: Things went better with more fuel. I expected to battle for the pole in quali.

Quali: My first two laps weren't good, so I decided to skip to fourth lap. It wasn't bad, but Tijny got few hundredths faster lap. I decided to drive one more lap, which was good enough to start from the lead.

Race: First lap was bad, since I took the first curves way too safe and Ciutz passed me. I started to drive better and I passed him back thanks to his mistake. Few laps later I started making mistakes myself. Lost two places, tried to get back. Lost two places again. And again. I was about 8th when I had four more laps to go in first stint, but I decided to reset my brain by joining pitlane earlier. I knew that would've been a bad move, but I couldn't really continue like that. Second stint went really better, so I started to hope for a comeback. Mike Nike seemed to be driving though, and infact after my last pitstop he was way too far. Oh, naturally I messed up my last pitstop by refueling 10% more than expected (my brain is slow making calculations, so I noticed I should've filled 32% when I already had 40% :D).
In last four laps I had Badeend on my target, so I started to push like crazy and I got him during the last lap. He made a mistake, I took the outer line like in Barenfold GP, but this time things went a little worse: there was no room for both of us in the curve, so my car got bumped outside the track. The first feeling was about "WTF YOU ROUGH ASSHOLE!!!", but actually after watching the video it could be marked as racing accident. However Badeend gave way on the finishline, so probably he felt that the accident wasn't so clean. Good to have gentlemen in the cup :)

I'm a bit disappointed about how the league is going, since I'm making way too many mistake (which is a news for me in F1). But I guess I have to live with that -.-'

Mouse

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 12:49 am

dede wrote:I'm a bit disappointed about how the league is going, since I'm making way too many mistake (which is a news for me in F1). But I guess I have to live with that -.-'

Maybe we should try to meditate before each GP. Today I drank some tea before the race but it did not help. It's more disappointing because my championship battle has taken a huge hit today also (Etmil, good job dude).

I'm trying to figure out a way to focus better, for some reason I cannot keep my eyes focused on my screen. I keep shaking my head and blinking every few laps because I keep going cross-eyed. :? Maybe I'll try a different zoom (currently on 0.8).

The first races I was able to focus very well and make only a couple little mistakes. Today, I think I drove heavily off track 10+ times which killed me. I can never seem to make a good start either, I'm always fighting from the back.

Next race, I think I'll not even bother to qualify and see what I can do with 100% fuel from 20th. :)

dede

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 am

Mouse wrote:Maybe we should try to meditate before each GP.

The bad thing is that it's not about concentration. I guess it's because I'm usually tired at 22:00 CET (yesterday it was even worse because we changed to winter time :D). Another important issue is that it looks like there isn't enough light in my room when I play, so eyes hurt after a while.
Last, but non least, my play time is now limited to weekends only, and that seems to affect my constancy quite much.

shyguy1001

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 9:51 am

I think my problem is that I am too careful in qualifying, I should perhaps go on two stoppers if it means starting from the front 3 rows, as I get involved in far too many incidents at the start.

Also people keep accusing me of divebombing in certain chicanes etc, well its not, its just being brave and not braking in places where you dont have to if you want a good lap.

Pingu

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 10:31 am

shyguy1001 wrote:I think my problem is that I am too careful in qualifying, I should perhaps go on two stoppers if it means starting from the front 3 rows, as I get involved in far too many incidents at the start.

Also people keep accusing me of divebombing in certain chicanes etc, well its not, its just being brave and not braking in places where you dont have to if you want a good lap.

Only Lexx says that lol. When you take me over i didnt see it as rough racing at all :wink: I put my car next to lexx in the inside of a corner and he called it divebombing lol....

shyguy1001

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 11:25 am

Pingu wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:I think my problem is that I am too careful in qualifying, I should perhaps go on two stoppers if it means starting from the front 3 rows, as I get involved in far too many incidents at the start.

Only Lexx says that lol. When you take me over i didnt see it as rough racing at all :wink: I put my car next to lexx in the inside of a corner and he called it divebombing lol....

I did alot of overtakes :P

Because I lost them all usually on the next lap with random warps xD

Tijny

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 am

Race results
Cup standings
Track

My quali was ok, I didn't get the pole but I had more fuel than the people in front of me so I could live with that.

I had a little trouble finding my lines in the first few laps, but then I drove 4 good laps in a row and suddenly the whole track was empty behind me. I kept a good lead until my first pitstop, where I accidentally bumped into kkyborg: I didn't see him because he was camouflaged. Luckily he was on his way out anyway.
8 laps later dede caught up with me; since he was on a 2-stopper there was no point in battling with him, so I let him pass. At that point I was secretly hoping Badeend could be on the podium with me and Mike. I cruised to the victory, but I was a little disappointed when dede caught Badeend in the final lap. :)

The snow was kind of bad in that it didn't really act like snow, but in my defense it is very hard to make a good terrain for both inner and outer curves while still keeping some realism. Also, in a way it was kind of nice to make mistakes weigh more heavily; that way it's possible for a guy like Etmil to beat more skilled players such as Ciutz and Janne.

Also, I find this pretty funny:
Mouse wrote:Next race, I think I'll not even bother to qualify and see what I can do with 100% fuel from 20th.

shyguy1001 wrote:I should perhaps go on two stoppers if it means starting from the front 3 rows, as I get involved in far too many incidents at the start.

Shows that the quali system is working. :)

edit: forgot to sort the cup standings, fixed now.

shyguy1001

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Did anybody take a recording?

Tijny

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 3:52 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:Did anybody take a recording?
I don't have access to the server recordings, so we'll have to wait for dede to upload them. He'll probably do that tonight.
You could also save your own videos by enabling automatic race recording in your TS settings menu. ;)

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Since i cant race in this league b/c of some pc requirements i was wondering how the qualification goes,
you have 10 laps max to drive for a good time even tho you dont have to drive at all.
but is there also a time limit in this qualification?
so you could decide to go out on the track as first to avoid players in a good lap or go last when you have less chance reaching a slower player which will slow your time down?
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:Since i cant race in this league b/c of some pc requirements i was wondering how the qualification goes,
you have 10 laps max to drive for a good time even tho you dont have to drive at all.
but is there also a time limit in this qualification?
so you could decide to go out on the track as first to avoid players in a good lap or go last when you have less chance reaching a slower player which will slow your time down?
Everyone starts at the same time, and will drive until they feel they've finished (finishing earlier gives you the benefit of a higher startfuel, which in turn means less time spent refueling). To ensure equal conditions for everybody, the qualifying session is a ghost race.

shyguy1001

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Tijny wrote:
I don't have access to the server recordings, so we'll have to wait for dede to upload them. He'll probably do that tonight.
You could also save your own videos by enabling automatic race recording in your TS settings menu. ;)

I could, and kill me internet connection even more ;)

Tijny

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 4:57 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:
Tijny wrote:

I could, and kill me internet connection even more ;)
I'm not sure I see what that has to do with each other... :?

dede

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 6:20 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:I could, and kill me internet connection even more ;)

Recordings have nothing to do with connection. They don't affect network game.

shyguy1001

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 6:33 pm

dede wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:I could, and kill me internet connection even more ;)

Recordings have nothing to do with connection. They don't affect network game.

Did I mention my PC is shit?

Whatever, you know best, but Im sure putting on recording gives me more lag than usual.
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions