It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:59 am

TurboSliders.com F1 League - Schedule & Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

reirom

Community User Level: 3

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 8:21 pm

congratulations tinjy

you will release mordegai track?

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 8:21 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:I think my problem is that I am too careful in qualifying, I should perhaps go on two stoppers if it means starting from the front 3 rows, as I get involved in far too many incidents at the start.

Do know that a 2 stop strategy will usually only work if you're able to put in fast lap times with good consistency. This is why I don't try it... because I'm not fast enough to make much of a difference with low fuel.

shyguy1001 wrote:Also people keep accusing me of divebombing in certain chicanes etc, well its not, its just being brave and not braking in places where you dont have to if you want a good lap.

You.. DO seem a little aggressive sometimes (second race in a row you bumped me coming out of a turn, and I flew off track). I guess just try to be more careful doing that when around other drivers. No worries though a lot of players do it sometimes (I hit Etmil a few races ago). Overall I have no problems with your driving.

Next race I'll also race with 0.6 zoom. It may help my eyes a bit. So, we shall see how that goes. :)

Tijny

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 8:35 pm

reirom wrote:congratulations tinjy

you will release mordegai track?
It's not my place to do that, as it's Mouse's track, not mine.

Etmil

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 9:28 pm

Tijny wrote:Also, in a way it was kind of nice to make mistakes weigh more heavily; that way it's possible for a guy like Etmil to beat more skilled players such as Ciutz and Janne.

Haha, 'kind of' nice? :) Imo it's very welcome to award some stability and not 'overdoing' it in all possible corners. Happy with the result, yet I doubt I will get much of similar ones. We'll see!

Janne

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 am

Well, I would have got bad result in typical terrains too. I lacked more concentration that usually as I was quite tired, and besides I had one crash and a drive-off due to lags. Just without that lag crash alone I most probably would have been 5th as I was already about 2s in front of etmil when it happened.

shyguy1001

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 am

Mouse wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:I think my problem is that I am too careful in qualifying, I should perhaps go on two stoppers if it means starting from the front 3 rows, as I get involved in far too many incidents at the start.

Do know that a 2 stop strategy will usually only work if you're able to put in fast lap times with good consistency. This is why I don't try it... because I'm not fast enough to make much of a difference with low fuel.

shyguy1001 wrote:Also people keep accusing me of divebombing in certain chicanes etc, well its not, its just being brave and not braking in places where you dont have to if you want a good lap.

You.. DO seem a little aggressive sometimes (second race in a row you bumped me coming out of a turn, and I flew off track). I guess just try to be more careful doing that when around other drivers. No worries though a lot of players do it sometimes (I hit Etmil a few races ago). Overall I have no problems with your driving.

Next race I'll also race with 0.6 zoom. It may help my eyes a bit. So, we shall see how that goes. :)

I guess looking at videos that I brake quite a bit earlier than most people but then am on the power earlier too, I think others might find that a little unpredictable :P

Tijny

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 1:55 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:I guess looking at videos that I brake quite a bit earlier than most people but then am on the power earlier too, I think others might find that a little unpredictable :P
I watched your first few laps and if anything, you brake way too late at least when there's someone in front of you. In most cases you end up on that player's rear bumper (i.e. using them as your brakes), which isn't really appreciated.

Pingu

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Tijny wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:I guess looking at videos that I brake quite a bit earlier than most people but then am on the power earlier too, I think others might find that a little unpredictable :P
I watched your first few laps and if anything, you brake way too late at least when there's someone in front of you. In most cases you end up on that player's rear bumper (i.e. using them as your brakes), which isn't really appreciated.

Lol thats the other way around

Uhmmm Tijny can you analyse my racing too lol so i know what i have to improve :wink: JKing lol!

shyguy1001

PostTue Oct 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Tijny wrote:

note I was having quite bad lags during that race

And remember Im a learner and changing my style all the time, I will take what you said in mind and make sure I dont do it where I can help it ^_^

Pingu

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 9:14 pm

What happened? like 2 secs after the race i coudn't talk anymore and got a black screen lol.....

A good race for me except some very big and strange mistakes... I crashed behind Shyguy on the straight...... I wanted to move my cap from my sweater (was getting to hot lol) off but and then crashed lol... When i came back on track i thought i had enough speed but i hadnt so i blocked lexx a tiny bit... sorry for that.

Then not much later i crashed again so i was already looking forward to my pitstop so i could reset my mind and start driving some fast laps... And it all went great i caught Mouse up and not much later i was behind keppana... i saw that i probably hadnt enough fuel (i calced with the assumption i would get lapped 2 times.. but it only was 1 time so i took 3-4% to few.. i calced it was 3.78 per lap...) so i started eco driving.. but then the last 3 laps i realised i had exactly enough so i started speeding up again and almoust passing keppana in the last lap!!! I finsihed 0.200 after him if the race was 1 lap longer i woulda passed him (read... i had to make a pitstop :wink: )

Good race after all except some serious crashed lol :D
Last edited by Pingu on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mouse

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Stoden GP:

ARGGG What the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Started from last with 100%. Had a very nice first stint, drove safe mostly only a little mistake here and there. Awesome until i had to pit... I drove past the pit entrance and ended up hitting the wall there, and had to reverse a bit out of the dirt to drive in. This lost me a massive amount of time. I also put too much fuel in my car as usual.

9th... thanks to another f*** up, I should have been battling with Keppana for 7th like in the first stint. Lost concentration in second stint and Pingu passed, I did not have them motivation to even try to catch him, just hoped he would pit again.

So, yeah, another possible nice result gone because of a dumb mistake.

I blame Mike because I was trying to keep him behind, and I forgot where the pit entrance was.

:lol:

Just kidding Mike, haha. I hope I did not slow you down too much, but I thought I did a decent bit of driving there.

Etmil

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Quite a simple and straightforward race for me. In the first few laps I think I passed Shyguy and then after a bit of messing with Janne and Mike Nike for some laps I settled for 6th place (I think they were battling and made some mistakes so I caught them here and there). So basically after that I could just take 6th home safely. I believe I did quite well letting the lappers past (only dede and Tijny this time, I think)? Maybe Mike Nike and some others passed me while I was in the pits, I don't remember. Other than that, nothing spectacular, really. Yet quite happy with the result! :) [even more so because it was my birthday on the 31st of Oct!]

Keppana

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Again bad qualifying to 16th place. I made only 2 laps because i wasn't so sure how many laps i can do in race before pitting. I started picking up guys and i passed many who went out to sand or crashed in chicanes, and i was quickly in 11th position, battling with Mouse, Shyguy and Pingu, and before pitting i was driving on 4th place ^^ just because some quicker guys went to pit before me i think. Ended up to pits just with 1% fuel. Second stint was battling with Pingu and trying to avoid lapped guys who kept crashing in chicanes, it was a small thriller. Track was good, but those chicanes, the second S-chicane, aaargh, it was a killer, ice cold killer, baby.. i also made one crash on them.

dede

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Woop! Second victory!

Practice: I couldn't find the perfect line, so my laptimes were quite slow. With more fuel things went better.

Qualify: my aim was to obtain pole position, no matter how many laps I would've driven. My laptimes were constantly average, so after seven laps I decided to give up and start from fourth position.

Race: I was afraid of losing too much time for overtaking Mike and Ciutz, but I managed to pass both of them easily, thanks of Mike's crash in first curves. After that, I kind of expected to overtake Tijny in maximum two laps because of fuel difference, but he surprisingly ran away. At the same time I started to make little mistakes so Ciutz had a chance to pass me: luckily he went a little wide and I could pass him back. After that, "tyres started to work better" and I could improve my laptimes by more than half a second. I was amazingly fast compared to what I drove before, and that helped me find back concentration and motivation. I passed Tijny forcing him to take outer line at last curve (so he made a mistake) and I kept pushing badly till the pitstop. After my pitstop I seemed not to have enough gap on Tijny to make another stop (he was on 1-pit strategy, I had to stop one more time), but my pace and his mistakes gave me enough room to stop and join back in first position. In last part of the race I kept pushing, but when I saw I started to make little mistakes, I started driving safe until Tijny was very far from me. Super victory!

xios

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Qualify was ok, second lap was pretty good, and i caught 11th place.

But well... In race I made so many fails and found myself from last place after first lap. Almost screwed dedes race while he lapped me. So horrible race. im glad i finished even 14th(?) or something like that.

shyguy1001

PostMon Nov 02, 2009 2:23 pm

xios wrote:Qualify was ok, second lap was pretty good, and i caught 11th place.

But well... In race I made so many fails and found myself from last place after first lap. Almost screwed dedes race while he lapped me. So horrible race. im glad i finished even 14th(?) or something like that.

That was me after I run out of fuel ;)

I was running 10th ahead of lux and matic, I had a nice buffer over lux and just enough fuel to take me to the end of the race, perhaps running out of fuel at final corner, but that was OK.

Then ciutz crashed and I crashed into him, and after that I was fucked Q________Q

Etmil

PostThu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 am

Updated standings anywhere?

Janne

Lexx

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostFri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Started 6th with lowest fuel ...

I knew I could get a top 10 finish here, at the start I drove perfect, and was behind Mike.

THEN it happened, Mike hit the wall in the chicane, I was doomed.
Found myself in place 16-17.
The next lap, I think Matic hit the wall [Same chicane].
And I was involved again, then I was so angry that I made mistakes and had no fun anymore.

Lanz

Community User Level: 4

PostSun Nov 08, 2009 11:59 am

:P hii dede
i have seen that at the last race only 18 players played.
maybe a place for me today??
pls sign me in! :cry:

Lanz

PostSun Nov 08, 2009 12:01 pm

dede poppowitch wrote this! he will play today

Pingu

PostSun Nov 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Hmm quite strange to sign up in the last race...... kinda annoying for people still fighting in the mid/low regions of the cupto be honest.

Since thats Popo's speed... around me.. matic, mouse... etc.

dede

PostSun Nov 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Lanz wrote:dede poppowitch wrote this! he will play today

Popowitch isn't allowed to play in this league because of his bad reputation since the GPOR Open Seasons (maybe not the latest ones..).

About you, it seems that you are already signed up and you joined some races. You could've joined other races too. Just show up and play.

Pingu

PostSun Nov 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Nice racew my best result so far and didnt got lapped!!! If the race was 1 lap longer i probably was :lol:

Not much after the start i drove a very lonely race.. but after the pitstop i noticed i was closing in on etmil but then tijny was gonna lap me so i give him space in thelast corner of the track and he passes me, and then..... I see him entering pits :shock: :shock: :shock:

That cost me a bit of time and the next lap i hit the dirt a copple of times so i gave up on passing etmil and drove to the end peacefully... but then suddenly out of the bushes Mike Nike is in front of me, but he was to fast obviously to pass .

Finshed 9th :!: Which means iam Tied in the championship with matic now i think.....,..

shyguy1001

PostSun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Congratulations dede for winning the F1 league, tjiny disqualified because of schumi style rearrangement of the grids! :o :P
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions