It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:28 pm


SCARTS - Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Scorpio

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

  • Posts: 66
  • Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:38 pm

PostSat Oct 31, 2009 1:37 am

sorry to double post but i see some comments that are wrong, as for mouse, it is not luck to win a nascar event, 90% goes into the engineering to the mechanical handling of the cars, driving styles/tracks interfere with setups, in f1 it is just pit strategy, universal cars mg... i can stereo type f1, and make fun of it yea, but i decide not to, why, because it is to god damn easy to. cough, no challenge to win if more than 30 seconds in head on last lap cough...luck to win? i have seen drivers come from 10th with 10 to go on a restart to win it, i have seen the 24 and 48 to come from the rear and win at Talladega 3-4 times, skill and great driving in that sport is what determines a winner, i don't think a coming 4 championships in a row is luck, pit crews change tires fuel and make adjustments in 13 seconds flat...damn, f1 crews take f*cking forever, slow a*s mother f*ckers.. why do u think in f1 3 main teams drivers dominate all season? because of the poor competition in F1......
Image
Offline
User avatar

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

  • Posts: 719
  • Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

PostSat Oct 31, 2009 12:13 pm

MG stop comparing F1 with Nascar, its the worst way to express nascar`s good points in the first place and second off all you piss people off :?
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

PostSat Oct 31, 2009 12:32 pm

Scorpio wrote:hmm..all the down talkers dont have success at all in the racing, dede, some luck, yet alot of fails

Excuse me, but what did you expect from me? I joined, what, five races? And won two of them, with no training, no knowledge about best lines, late schedule. You guys are saying that it's all about skills and tactics, but then it suddenly becomes luck in my case.
Offline

Lexx

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:14 pm

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 5:46 am

I think people should give their opinion to improve the league instead of downtalking it.

There's a lot in SCARTS. It's close communtity who keeps track of each other. It's not just racing only...
There's just one major difference, that is that even someone like dede [who had like no prac] could win a race, and that makes it so enjoyable.

Of course, people who are really good at our cars will win more, but everyone has a shot to win a race.

It's very exciting, and there sure is pressure.

So moral of the story, for those people who raced already, try to improve the league with suggestions the way you see fit, instead of talking about this the way you are all, It's pretty horrible.

We're trying our hardest to make the league fun, and when there are people who act like Mouse, Whiplash (Who can't race anywayz) and so on is just bad.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Lexx wrote:even someone like dede [who had like no prac] could win a race, and that makes it so enjoyable.

Wrong man, that makes it so "no sensable".

Lexx wrote:Of course, people who are really good at our cars will win more, but everyone has a shot to win a race.
It's very exciting, and there sure is pressure.

Yeah, just like poker game. :?

Lexx wrote:We're trying our hardest to make the league fun,

I think that you taking the word "fun" too serriously. So, "fun" means "stupid" in your case. SCARTS is too "fun" right now.

Lexx wrote:and when there are people who act like Mouse, Whiplash (Who can't race anywayz) and so on is just bad.
This is the basic problem. I want that player, who is much better than me, can show it and destroy me. That player should not to be someone who I will laughing to (because I still driving just behind of him). I have 22 years now, and it can't be fan to me anymore.
But sorry, maybe I didn't understand it well, you trying to make races for kids between 3 and 6 years??? If yes, then I suport you too. :P
Offline

Lexx

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:14 pm

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 6:13 pm

dede can drive any car on TS, doh!

You were extremely falling behind, and got lapped even.
I promise you, drive five races straight, you won't win one.
Offline
User avatar

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 2324
  • Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 pm
  • Location: Bosnia

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Lexx wrote:You were extremely falling behind, and got lapped even.
I promise you, drive five races straight, you won't win one.

I got lapped only because I tough it's not fair for me to be on better possition for the first time there. :wink: :P Also, I got problems with high ping (you are about -8 hours from Bosnia) . Anyway, It's not the point. The point is that SCARTS sucks. But it could be better with some big changes (like: much slower cars, much smaller cars or(and) bigger(longer) tracks, new pat design, etc.). I allready have talk abot it with Burnout I think.
And one thing more: if you guys like to play it, then just do it. But don't write too many beautiful words about it on forum. Otherwise, some people could not understand you again.
Offline
User avatar

dede

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 3314
  • Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
  • Location: Milan (Italy)

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Whiplash wrote:But don't write too many beautiful words about it on forum.

They can write their opinion, as we write our own. Making comparisons without knowing anything about other TS cups is inappropriate, though.
Offline
User avatar

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

  • Posts: 1358
  • Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:56 am
  • Location: New York

PostSun Nov 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Scorpio wrote:..mouse, same... down talking because you simply cant win is because of the competition


I'm down talking because I cannot win? I'm giving my opinion on the races I participated in, quite simply. I found them boring having to stop racing every minute because someone hit a wall and asked others to let him catch up.

Scorpio wrote:sas for mouse, it is not luck to win a nascar event, 90% goes into the engineering to the mechanical handling of the cars, driving styles/tracks interfere with setups, in f1 it is just pit strategy, universal cars mg...


I'm talking about TS here, only comparing NASCAR to what SCARTS is trying to be. You know TS has no engineering, car setups.. so why are you bringing that up? Do you watch F1 at all? It seems you haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Scorpio wrote:i can stereo type f1, and make fun of it yea, but i decide not to, why, because it is to god damn easy to. cough, no challenge to win if more than 30 seconds in head on last lap cough..


Yet, you did choose to "make fun of" F1 immediately after you say you don't.

Scorpio wrote:i don't think a coming 4 championships in a row is luck.


You did see I used Johnson as an example in a earlier post, so thanks for agreeing with me.

Scorpio wrote:pit crews change tires fuel and make adjustments in 13 seconds flat...damn, f1 crews take f*cking forever, slow a*s mother f*ckers..


You should know F1 pit stops only take about 9 seconds, the final few seconds being fueling.

I actually don't know why I bother to reply like this, to you, Scorpio. You don't know what you're talking about at all. I should have learned now that debating with children is not worth it. I'll say as I have said to you before: Try to learn something.


If you guys enjoy SCARTS, have fun! I'm happy a group of people found something they enjoy in TS. I'll stay away from discussing this from now on, it seems I'm only angering people.

HF GL DD. :wink:
Image
Previous

Return to Competitions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron