PUNA GP !!!

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply

When to Kickoff with the KO tournament for Puna GP Cup

1st of Nov
4
25%
2nd of Nov
1
6%
3rd of Nov
0
No votes
4th of Nov
0
No votes
5th of Nov
1
6%
6th of Nov
0
No votes
7th of Nov
0
No votes
8th of Nov
3
19%
9th of Nov
0
No votes
10th of Nov
7
44%
 
Total votes: 16

PateX
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by PateX » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:38 pm

I can play with pingu or scud if they want.

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Milan (Italy)
Contact:

Post by dede » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:43 pm

MyKX wrote:Così, ecco il dream-team... :wink:
Dream team, because we are friends. We can't really aim to win anything, I guess, if that's what you meant.

However, we decided the team name: Barcodio. For the ignorant people, that's the nickname (or how we named him, his original nick is Bar) of a legendary punaball player. A player known for his amazing skills and for his useless moves to make cool goals. He is THE punaball legend, the one who teached us the real spirit of the game.
Waiting for the comeback of the PB Messiah, we will bring back his philosophy and skills.

User avatar
Scud
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:14 am
Location: Imatra, Finland
Contact:

Post by Scud » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:34 pm

I quess i cant join in this cup since i have fight with weird internet problem last 3 weeks. So sign me out. I have really bad lag in all multiplayer games, no matter is ping 1-300, still lagging like h*ll. If someone have any ideas which could cause this, send me PM because im out of ideas. My system is fine, single player games work perfectly. Also internet works like it should, only problems with multiplayers. I got new router, cables & network card but those didnt help. I have asked my ISP if problem is in their end but everything should be fine.
~siLciR <3~

User avatar
olio
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:23 am

Post by olio » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:17 am

dede wrote:we will bring back his philosophy and skills.
Yup, dede will bring back his amazing skills and cool goals. And I'll bring back those useless moves.

Legen - wait for it - dary!

PateX
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by PateX » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:13 am

I play with Pingu. Team name is "The Holfin Puna stars"
Last edited by PateX on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pingu
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: NETHERLANDS

Post by Pingu » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Jup

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Groups Schedule Updated!!! I guess were SET TO GO

if i forgot anything please tell me :) (i won`t edit the first post anymore)
pls read through the rules carefully if you have any questions ask me ;) and if you cant find me for some reason ask storm.


First Match will be:
Team Jaws vs The Holfin Puna stars
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by Tijny » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Why is the amateur group stronger than the pro group? Makes no sense, then call it group A and group B or something.

User avatar
Pingu
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: NETHERLANDS

Post by Pingu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:35 pm

ROFL, why are me and patex in the pro group?

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Milan (Italy)
Contact:

Post by dede » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Excuse me, but I didn't quite understand schedules. We play one game per month, meaning 3 months to complete the first season. Then the real final comes only after two seasons = >6 months. I doubt this is a good idea.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 am

Tijny wrote:Why is the amateur group stronger than the pro group? Makes no sense, then call it group A and group B or something.
this was done by random and who are you saying that 1 group is stronger then the other :lol:

anyway does it really matter tijny?
teams will get promoted and relegated :wink:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:03 am

dede wrote:Excuse me, but I didn't quite understand schedules. We play one game per month, meaning 3 months to complete the first season. Then the real final comes only after two seasons = >6 months. I doubt this is a good idea.
I see your point,
But since its my first time organzing a cup i can`t be sure yet everything will work out smoothly if i speed it up.

For instance 2 matches a week could be easily possible but id have to be sure those 2 matches will be played and i receive the recordings before deadlines with all stated rules. (this is an option)

Also im not sure if everyone understands the rules yet (if its my fault for bad explaination or they didnt read it)
So if i continue it like this and most things will go smoothly ill defenitly speed it up.

Its not the idea to take 6 months for 2 seasons.
I dont want this cup to end with 5 seasons or less either.

However i want the players to have fun, and if it takes too long the fun will dissapear slowly aswell.

this schedule will stand

I can speed it up for the most of you if you want on 1 condition:
1 player of each team will post the words ---SPEED IT UP---
if 5 of the teams write it down before the end of November ill edit the schedule!!! (as fast as i see the posts)

hope this will be a solution since i will only change things if more then 50% agree`s on something.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by Tijny » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:40 am

Jurgen-NL wrote:
Tijny wrote:Why is the amateur group stronger than the pro group? Makes no sense, then call it group A and group B or something.
this was done by random and who are you saying that 1 group is stronger then the other :lol:

anyway does it really matter tijny?
teams will get promoted and relegated :wink:
Whatever. That's like putting Manchester United in the First Division at random and then saying "it doesn't matter because you'll promote to the Premier League again anyway."

User avatar
olio
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:23 am

Post by olio » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 am

If everyone would play once/week, I doubt it would make too much problems. It would still be only 4 matches/week. Or if that seems too many games, you could set it so that both groups have one match/week. Even this would make the schedule half faster. From 6 months in to 3 months.

And I must agree with Tijny, why those names if it's random pick which can't determine skill level. Groub A and B would suit just fine for the first season.

So, here it goes. Speed it up.

User avatar
Chevron
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:12 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by Chevron » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:24 am

I agree.

Speed the f*** up.
Burning curtains since 2004

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:05 pm

olio wrote:you could set it so that both groups have one match/week. Even this would make the schedule half faster. From 6 months in to 3 months.

And I must agree with Tijny, why those names if it's random pick which can't determine skill level. Groub A and B would suit just fine for the first season.
This first option is the one i will use when ill get enough reply`s allready 3 included my own aswell ;)

And the 2nd part you wrote i dont know why your so upset it was done random if you were in the Pro group would you have complained :?:
Anyhow i could change the name of the groups the first Season to Group A and Group B but i will change it back at season 3 to the original names any problem with this solution :?:
These are the names of the groups its not like youll be judged just cause you are in this certain group the first season. :?
Besides even manchester united didnt suddenly got put in the premier league did they :shock: i dont have much knowledge of this so i wont say too much.

Point is i randomized the first season!
Would it be fair to determine your skill level based on all your previous matches, no it wouldnt :!:

The first season was randomized and if you read the first post in this topic youll see youll get promoted or relegated at season end,
The first season isnt about determing skill level at all its about getting this cup started having some fun getting results from matches played (hoping to reach more players after a few seasons)

We will talk about skill level when season 3 starts,
And a few more reply`s like you did yourself and chevron did im sure ill have to update the schedule too decrease the duration of a single season :wink: .
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by Tijny » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:And the 2nd part you wrote i dont know why your so upset it was done random if you were in the Pro group would you have complained :?:
Yes.
Jurgen-NL wrote: Besides even manchester united didnt suddenly got put in the premier league did they :shock: i dont have much knowledge of this so i wont say too much.
Geez, I just gave an example to make a point, you don't have to take everything so literally... :shock:
Jurgen-NL wrote:The first season isnt about determing skill level at all its about getting this cup started having some fun getting results from matches played (hoping to reach more players after a few seasons)
So there is no need whatsoever to distinguish between the group names in the first season, I'm glad you agree with me.
Last edited by Tijny on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Tijny wrote:
Jurgen-NL wrote:And the 2nd part you wrote i dont know why your so upset it was done random if you were in the Pro group would you have complained :?:
Yes.
Jurgen-NL wrote: Besides even manchester united didnt suddenly got put in the premier league did they :shock: i dont have much knowledge of this so i wont say too much.
Geez, I just gave an example to make a point, you don't have to take everything so literally... :shock:
lol :lol: lets keep it nice ;)
but you shouldnt take the names of the groups so seriously when teams were put in random.
everyone should understand that the first 2 seasons you will play will be a bit diffrently then season 3,
since at the end of season 3 the best 2 teams from the (Pro Group, Group A) will play the final you have 2 seasons to get in this group, 2 will be promoted from (Amateur Group Group B) at each season end.
doesnt matter if you are or arent in this group right now you have time to play your ass off and make it to this group at the start of season 3.
(maybe you will do this by tactical thinking or maybe you will do this by just playing good)
if you are allready in the Pro Group for the first season its just plain old LUCK ;)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Milan (Italy)
Contact:

Post by dede » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:41 pm

From my experience, everything lasting more than one month fails.

Btw I don't really get the point of playing one match per week like it is now. It's only because you want to watch/host all matches "live"? A good solution would be that each team plays one match per week, so we can complete a season in 3 weeks. That's how it worked in the past punaball leagues.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:58 pm

dede wrote:From my experience, everything lasting more than one month fails.

Btw I don't really get the point of playing one match per week like it is now. It's only because you want to watch/host all matches "live"? A good solution would be that each team plays one match per week, so we can complete a season in 3 weeks. That's how it worked in the past punaball leagues.
i hope your experience is wrong this time :wink:

nah if i have to be honest: its because i want to see rules being respected and want to give people the time to play their match,
Also i dont want to be stuck with this cup everyday of the week if i get 1 week to insert results and watch the recording ect. ect. for 4 teams 2 matches 6 games i would be happy with that,
but 16 teams 8 matches and 48 games every week would be too much work for me alone.

it really doesnt have anything to do with watching matches live even tho i admit i wouldnt mind it ;)
i host because not everybody can giving some people a solution to play there.
And when i do not receive a recording from them before the deadline on sunday 21:30 and 1 team joined my server on both tuesday and sunday the other team will lose by forfait (not showing up)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

User avatar
Storm
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Paradise land

Post by Storm » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:47 pm

well group names is irrelevant, call it pro and amateur A or B the sheme its always the same, 8 teams randomly assigned for "1st and 2nd division" and unless we have played all vs all in a single group to then assign pro's and amateurs, A's or B's it will never make sense. So any group name will only make sense after season 2 with the promotion/relegation.
From my experience, everything lasting more than one month fails.

Btw I don't really get the point of playing one match per week like it is now. It's only because you want to watch/host all matches "live"? A good solution would be that each team plays one match per week, so we can complete a season in 3 weeks. That's how it worked in the past punaball leagues.
shedule is the key for a succesful league and like dede said we've experienced that long cups rarely work. 1 match per week for each team is definately the best idea.

Dont make the organising harder, u dont have to watch live games or even watch game replays, u'll only need to watch recs if theres any problem or complain from some team if not they just post the score and u update standings table.

User avatar
olio
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:23 am

Post by olio » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:And the 2nd part you wrote i dont know why your so upset it was done random if you were in the Pro group would you have complained :?:
I'm not upset, I just don't see any kind of logic behind those names. And yes, I would complain. (In fact I don't consider myself a "Pro"-player). As I said in the previous post there is no logic to determine groups by team skills (Pro and Amateur) when the pick is random. Names work later when we have played a season through, but at this point they don't.

In fact, to me it would be most logical that at this first season every team would just be in the same group and play against each other and after that top 4 would generate the Pro group and 5-8 the Amateur group. But I guess it'll work your way too and of course you'll get some experience for the second season from this first one.

User avatar
MyKX
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:28 pm
Location: Italia

Post by MyKX » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:49 pm

dede wrote:A good solution would be that each team plays one match per week, so we can complete a season in 3 weeks.
Best idea for me too.
I think that being able to manage date and time of every match (by choosing among 7 days) it's a good way to let every player accommodate Puna GP with their own commitments and 'real life'...
Storm wrote:Dont make the organising harder, u dont have to watch live games or even watch game replays, u'll only need to watch recs if theres any problem or complain from some team if not they just post the score and u update standings table.
I was stating the same thing: let everyone play and record matches, then if there will be any trouble or misunderstanding, you can become above all referee and watch what happened. :wink:
Ride the Wild Wind

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Ok with the last 3 posts you got through in my mind,
No offence to dede and tijny i apoligize for my irrational arguments to everyone in the cup :oops:

So let me add the first post erasing some unnessecary rules.
As olio said ill get some exerience from these discussions. :)

i made the start of this cup a bit confusing but i hope i didnt cause any problems for the first matches.

Updated the schedule hopefully i did not make other mistakes :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Milan (Italy)
Contact:

Post by dede » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Maybe it would be better to show day+month instead of nr of week (I don't want to calculate what week it is!).

An idea about points.. since it's a league, I was thinking something like this:
2 'legs' of 10 minutes each, without goal limit.. each leg gives 3 points for victory, 1 for draw, 0 for loss... just like in football. Just an idea, I know everything's set already :P

Post Reply