It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:23 am

IHLC #19 - Sunday 15 November @ 19:00 CET

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

dede

Community User Level: 5

IHLC #19 - Sunday 15 November @ 19:00 CET

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 7:32 am

What's this cup?
The goal of International Hot Laps Cup is to get as fast as possible with each default car in a brand new track. Players will compete with every car, at the same server, with the same amount of laps. Fastest lap will show the real speed of every driver.

When?
November the 15th 2009 (Sunday) @ 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT, 18:00 UK Portugal, 19:00 CET Germany Italy and Spain, 20:00 Finland...)

How can I join?
The cup is open to demo players also. So just connect to the server to join the cup. Please play the whole cup if you join the server.

How does this cup work?
Car: each car will be driven once (order: EasySlider, Slider, Speeder, Spinner, AntiSlider OR random in case of one server only)
Track: Unreleased - you will be able to download it during the cup
Laps: depending by track-length
Ghost Mode: Enabled
Servers: Community Server [ITA]
Rules: Fastest lap for each car counts. Times will be counted together in order to establish the winner of 'All Cars Ranking' (EasySlider+Slider+Speeder+Spinner+AntiSlider).

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 9:20 am

im in :D
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

iBlaze²

Community User Level: 3

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 4:37 pm

IHLC is back? :shock:

I'll be there!! :D

Actually I'd best get practising, since I haven't driven anything but RDP for about 6 months lol

shyguy1001

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Ack can you pass on something :P

I would probs save more time getting a 5 sec penalty than doing the speeder round :P

dede

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Little change to the cup, that won't make big difference.. There won't be laps limit anymore, as it'll be replaced by time limit: 6 minutes for each car.

See ya'll!

Jurgen-NL

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 12:30 pm

dede wrote:Little change to the cup, that won't make big difference.. There won't be laps limit anymore, as it'll be replaced by time limit: 6 minutes for each car.

See ya'll!

:roll: ok so when the clock is on exactly 6:00 the game stops or will we wait for the last people crossing the finishline :?:

Janne

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Yep. I also want to know how it exactly works. What if someone does personal best lap between "race is over" message and manual(?) /continue? At least in F1-league practices, sessions didn't stop instantly after session was stated to be over.

shyguy1001

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:
dede wrote:Little change to the cup, that won't make big difference.. There won't be laps limit anymore, as it'll be replaced by time limit: 6 minutes for each car.

See ya'll!

:roll: ok so when the clock is on exactly 6:00 the game stops or will we wait for the last people crossing the finishline :?:

I think this would be better and perhaps more realistic: More like an real F1 quali session (your last statement that is)...I suppose its up to dede though.

dede

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Correction: there will be 7 minutes sessions (so that there'll be about 6m driving, if we consider that track loading isn't excluded from countdown).

There'll be 0 seconds idle time between "Session is over!" message and the end of the race.

Whiplash

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 2:43 pm

dede wrote:Correction: there will be 7 minutes sessions (so that there'll be about 6m driving, if we consider that track loading isn't excluded from countdown).

There'll be 0 seconds idle time between "Session is over!" message and the end of the race.

Lap limit was better in my opinion.

iBlaze²

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Whiplash wrote:

dede wrote:Correction: there will be 7 minutes sessions (so that there'll be about 6m driving, if we consider that track loading isn't excluded from countdown).

Lap limit was better in my opinion.

It's only a little change and it will be the same for everybody. We haven't even played the cup yet so at least give it a chance before passing judgement :roll:

Whiplash

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 4:37 pm

iBlaze² wrote:It's only a little change and it will be the same for everybody. We haven't even played the cup yet so at least give it a chance before passing judgement :roll:

Maybe. But I will just miss 'final lap' warning.

dede

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 5:03 pm

After some tests, I changed my mind.. It'll be the default way (max laps fixed basing on track length).

shyguy1001

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 8:10 pm

Good job janne :D

Perhaps you could teach me a thing or too, wish I had remembered to record it now so I could observe driving styles :(

Whiplash

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Fu...!!! I missed the race. I didn't look that time carefully. 19:00CET, not GMT. :oops: So Janne, you had luck this time. :roll:
Good job. :wink:

Janne

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Whiplash wrote:So Janne, you had luck this time. :roll:

I agree. :o I didn't do any better than usual, maybe even worse with some of the cars after a long while without driving much with default cars. I guess Tijny and dede were just even more rusty than me, besides them being injured.

shyguy1001 wrote:Perhaps you could teach me a thing or too

Best way to learn is to do some (thousands of laps) lap wanking. 8)

Tijny

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Janne wrote:I agree. :o I didn't do any better than usual, maybe even worse with some of the cars after a long while without driving much with default cars. I guess Tijny and dede were just even more rusty than me, besides them being injured.
Hehe, I'm not injured, just a scrape on my knee. I kinda brought that up as a joke because dede was having physical difficulties himself. I just hadn't touched default cars at all for 3-4 months until 30 minutes before the start, so I'm actually surprised I drove as well as I did.

Whiplash

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 pm

So dede, will you organise this cup in next weeks again?

Jurgen-NL

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Whiplash wrote:So dede, will you organise this cup in next weeks again?

why ask you wont show up anyway :lol: :twisted:

lol kiddin too bad you messed up in the time man you could have been fighting for place 6-7 in my guess (or were you afffraid hehe) :P

Whiplash

PostMon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 am

Jurgen-NL wrote:too bad you messed up in the time man you could have been fighting for place 6-7 in my guess (or were you afffraid hehe) :P

Hah, 6-7 is to much I think.

Jurgen-NL

PostMon Nov 16, 2009 11:17 am

Whiplash wrote:
Jurgen-NL wrote:too bad you messed up in the time man you could have been fighting for place 6-7 in my guess (or were you afffraid hehe) :P

Hah, 6-7 is to much I think.

nah your good at default you beat me 1.5 sec on small tracks remember and this new track was 30 sec,
plus the factor you have more experience with default which then the time should widen up a bit too 2/2.5 sec and i was 4.8 sec off janne,
so you would be about 2.3-3 sec off janne this time it would have been good for 6-7th place ;)

dede

PostMon Nov 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Results are now published on the homepage. Congrats Janne for winning the IHLC for the first time in your TS career (if you didn't win it in first two editions - I don't have the results here..)!

I'm planning to organize IRT soon too, but I really don't have time to make a track. Can anybody provide good racing tracks for IRT/IHLC's? If not, this would mean to use existing tracks.. maybe too big change to even keep the same cup name.

My comments about IHLC:
- not very satisfied by number of players, but this could be because of late announcement and because we never had this kind of cups in last two months;
- I'm really happy about my performance, because my conditions were really bad during the cup: for the whole day, I had problems with my left eye (I couldn't focalize.. everything was doubled).. I was about not to join the cup, but at the end I decided to try to play and eventually stop in case things had gone worse. Happy that I beat Tijny, but a bit disappointed for the mistake in last lap with Speeder: I drove to grass for a couple of tenths, stopped accelerating and still crossed finishline with 28.0 :|

Scud

PostTue Nov 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Is DIT also coming back? That would be the only cup i can really play these days since my new "faster" internet connection wont let me play without lag.
~siLciR <3~

dede

PostTue Nov 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Scud wrote:Is DIT also coming back?

No, only IHLC and IRT are back. Other cups aren't interesting enough.

Jurgen-NL

PostTue Nov 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Scud wrote:Is DIT also coming back? That would be the only cup i can really play these days since my new "faster" internet connection wont let me play without lag.

+1 :wink:
Next

Return to Competitions