It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:21 am

League suggestion

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

League suggestion

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 1:24 am

Ok, this is just one of my ideas for the competitions in the future. I'm talking about new league that could be organised one day (maybe).
It's based on soccer leagues that we use to watch on TV. Here are the rules:
-It is 1 vs 1 league.
-Number of players is not limited. It could be good to have two leagues (A -about 20 fastest players, and B -about 20 rest of players).
-Each player can play at home and away. For this reason each of them should have home adventages.
-Player can achieve home adventages by home settings.
-'Home settings' means that every player can choose any of released tracks (he can edit his own track and upload it on TS site too) that he want to drive when he play at home. Also, it means that he can choose any of 5 default cars that he want. His opponent must play with these settings.
-Once, when you pick your track and car for the home settings, you can't change it anymore.
-Each player must show his home settings few days before league starts.
-We can talk about track design and lengh restrictions.
-Each player will play 2x(home and away)20(players)races.
-Point sistem just like in soccer (W=3, L=0, T=1)pts.
-Racing: 1. Qualifing (or without it), 2 laps (1 fast lap); 2. Race, 3-6 laps. 3.Race, 3-6 laps. (They have to play 2 races because we need possibility of tie).

One of the problems could be organising of course, because there will be about 800 races. We would probably need more then one administrator (with good admining expirience: dede, Mike, Janne).
But good thing is that players can play their maches in different time. For example: dede could be online sundays (19-21 hour), Mike (saturdays 19-21, or whatewer), Janne (...)...
Administrators and funs :wink: (spectators) would watch the races and organisator would write results into the league table.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 1:57 am

sounds a nice idea to my ear :)

I only got 1 question

Second i read you said people can play in diffrent times can you go into details,
cause with 1 vs 1 i fastly think about a 1 vs 1 race i dont get how you can play in diffrent times when you have to play home and away ;)
with away you will have to join the other persons server to play away,
and you have to play home aswell but your opponent should connect too since he will have to play away once ;)

i could be just asking a stupid question here but could you explain
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Whiplash

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 12:44 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:I only got 1 question

Second i read you said people can play in diffrent times can you go into details,
cause with 1 vs 1 i fastly think about a 1 vs 1 race i dont get how you can play in diffrent times when you have to play home and away ;)

Hah, nope. Here is what I mean: All 20 players don't have to play at the same time. Half of races could be played on saturdays, other half on sundays or whatever. That's why I said we would probably need more then one admin. It's hard for him to set all 20 races for one night (when we use to play all cups).
Jurgen-NL wrote:with away you will have to join the other persons server to play away,
and you have to play home aswell but your opponent should connect too since he will have to play away once ;)

:) Nope man. Every single race would be played on just one server. Admins could set it all by knowing players home settings. They will know who play against who even days and weeks before we connect on league server and play that race (these informations should be on forum or on league site). We all would join the server like spectators. When administrator call you to play against someone, you and your opponent will exit and come back like players. Others will watch your race. After that administrator will set settings for another two players. You will not play home race against one player, and away race against the same player just after that (away race could be played few weeks after the first one, just like in soccer), but each player could play 2 or 3 races per week (against different opponents), so league don't have to be played whole year. Clear? :wink:

Anyway, it could be even much more fun with 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 3 races. On that way we would have real teams.
Last edited by Whiplash on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jurgen-NL

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 1:57 pm

so when you play away your acctually hunting down the player that set his results on his home track and settings ...... ?

or the best time on that home track .....? :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Whiplash

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:so when you play away your acctually hunting down the player that set his results on his home track and settings ...... ?
or the best time on that home track .....? :)

O boy. :) No man. When you play away, you acctually drive 2 regular races against your opponent with his home settings. He hasn't any ressult there to beat. He probably just palyed(practiced) with that settings more then you. :wink:

iBlaze²

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Something similar to this has been tried before - Scud's knockout tournament - It's a very nice idea and it would be great if it worked, but the main problem with tournaments/leagues like this is player motivation. Not many players are very motivated to hunt down other players and organise their own races. Because of this, Scud's knockout cup was never finished and I think that this would go the same way.

Whiplash

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 3:21 pm

iBlaze² wrote:...but the main problem with tournaments/leagues like this is player motivation. Not many players are very motivated to hunt down other players and organise their own races. Because of this, Scud's knockout cup was never finished and I think that this would go the same way.

Yeah, I could agree. But there is a big difference: player could be motivated by his skill with the home settings. Anyone could be good with a litle bit practicing on one track(that he likes) with one the same car (that he prefer). His opponent will probably have less then one week to practice with these settings. Scud's tournament has unreleased (new track), so only elite players could win it. Here it's not the case. Ok, the best player will win this league for sure too, but he will deserve it by points, not by knockouting others and demoralise them.
About organising their own races. Come one, they just need to pick track and car that they like. Admins will do the rest of job. :wink:
Last edited by Whiplash on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pingu

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Sounds good but just to hard to orginaze... so many matches because of the 1vs1 and you will soon be behind schedule

olio

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 10:21 am

Whiplash wrote:About organising their own races. Come one, they just need to pick track and car that they like. Admins will do the rest of job. :wink:

Yeah, it sounds simple but it isn't. Trust me, I was in one of the KRT's pairs that never drove their race.. You really have to pick up motivated and active players for the league if you want it to work.

Return to Competitions