TurboSliders.com F1 League S2 - Schedule & Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Still waiting for dede's: :-p

Practice 1&2
Qualify
Race
Comments

It was his fastest race ever? So many fast laps and he crushed warm up record with half a fuel tank in like one of the early laps

dede

Post by dede » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Practice 1&2
I drove both sessions with low fuel, because I wanted to find the right pace. I seemed to have some troubles in the first session, but then I found a good line in the second one.

Qualify
I decided to go with low fuel, because I wanted to avoid battles with slower people. I set 50% startfuel in order to stop driving when 33% was remaining in the tank. Two pits could've been risky, but I was in the mood of experimenting. At lap three I got a good lap.. not too fast but should've been enough for the pole. I stopped to drive and started calculating how many laps I could've done with 41% fuel. I ended up saying 13, so I calculated 57% refill at pitstop.

Race
My start wasn't good as usual. First curves were really slow, so Tijny seemed to close the gap. Luckily the fuel difference in the long straight made me fly away and say bye bye.
The track was very hard to be driven both safe and quick, so half of my laps were simply amazing and the other half were simply full of bad mistakes.
The first few laps were bad, then I got few good ones, then again bad ones (one crash on finishline!), then good ones again next to my pitstop. Pitstop arrived almost as predicted (lap 14) so I decided to fill a safe 55%.
I exit the pit right in front of siLciR, Janne and Mike Nike. I seemed to be able to keep siLciR behind, but then Janne and Mike Nike came too quickly behind me. I tried to keep their pace, but Janne overtook me easily. So I tried to stay at least in front of Mike Nike, but I ended up on the grass, lapping in 51s.
The result of these actions was that Tijny was only 2 seconds behind me after his pit. I didn't really care about that, anyway, since I felt I was quicker than him. But for some reason, from that point everything went wrong for me. I kept making silly mistakes, so Tijny remained quite close. The bad driving ran away just like it came, so I started to drive well again for some laps in a row (and probably Tijny crashed, since he was suddenly 7s behind). My last 8 laps (iirc) were quite important and good, if we exclude a couple of them. Driving two records in last two laps made my day :)

Comments
I'm quite happy of my driving in this cup. I can't believe I dominated so many races! I'm also happy that lux scored important points and that we won the team championship, even though it wasn't a tight one.
But hey, one more race to go. Time to have fun, now that pressure is gone :)

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:17 am

Long post (Tijny is not going to read it haha)

Next race I will try to really focus and maybe get something like a 6th or 7th. 4th or 5th would be amazing achievements but seem totally unrealistic by now. Maybe next season, who knows? :D

The ones to beat on the next race are Pingu and Lanz. Last race I kind of gave up my spot to them.

I had a better qualy spot than both. I was in front of Pingu for some laps and he passed me after a very stupid mistake of mine. I think he would have caught me anyway though, as he was much faster. We had kind of the same amount of fuel but he drove so much better and he filled the exact amount he needed on the pit, something I didn't do, so I couldn't possibly catch him. He deserved it. Well done.

Lanz passed me due to the fact I filled too much and lost precious time on the pit, I think. My very slow second stint didn't help much either. I need to get out of my comfort zone. Sometimes I think "I'm not going to ruin my race by hitting something and going to 14th", which I usually do but that is just chickening really. That's not me. Anyway, back do Lanz. He planned better and did better driving. Well done as well.

What can I say about Dede? He am UNSTOPPED and therefore deserved winning this title.

I think one can only expect some good driving from such good players as Tijny and Janne. Of course I would have much prefer IWW's shining star Mike Nike to beat both. Whoever gets the silver medal surely deserves it. :P

And of course, if there was something like an election for best new player, I would have to vote for Reirom. He am the best.

I was surprised by Silcir. He was very very fast with lots of fuel and he went away when he was like 4th. If he played like that with lag, I must say he's a genius. :shock:

That's all. See you all next race.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 am

Yeah if i calc my fuel strategy right it's mostly good lol, previous races it was excellent 16 and 16 laps and could not even drive one more lap after the final lap even if i wanted.
No offense But dont forget you have never beated me yet in any race. I think top 6 will still be very hard for you since you have to beat me and etmil and maybe lux lanz etc ;-). Lux and Lanz could easily beat me at the GPOR server somehow yet they are alot slower during these long races. I think it's consistency or focus maybe or just the new tracks.

Also my Qualify's mostly suck. Once i got from 16th to 4th so it doesn't say much about my race perspectives. Iam just bad at driving 1 fast lap withing 8 laps but i'am alot better in trying to drive a constant pace and stay out of trouble.

Can't wait till last race :D :D

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:26 am

1. [+] dede 25:59.644
2. [+] Tijny +11.297
3. [GER]Mike Nike +12.986
4. [fS]Janne +21.183
5. Pingu +58.887

Lol i like how i finished on 58 seconds but didn't got lapped, my last lap i could of done what i wanted (chat already started too). I was scared for the game to end so at the end i drove to the finish :p

[siLciR]
Community User Level: 2

Post by [siLciR] » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:22 pm

it was a good race till my phone rang and i needed to go. i was 3rd by then and drove a few laps talking on the phone before eventually retire as i had said before the race. very nice anyway.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Pingu wrote: (...)

No offense But dont forget you have never beated me yet in any race. I think top 6 will still be very hard for you since you have to beat me and etmil and maybe lux lanz etc ;-).

(...)

Also my Qualify's mostly suck. Once i got from 16th to 4th so it doesn't say much about my race perspectives. Iam just bad at driving 1 fast lap withing 8 laps but i'am alot better in trying to drive a constant pace and stay out of trouble.

I'm not offended at all hahaha.

Of all these players you mentioned, I think you and lux are the only ones I haven't beat yet in a race. I could have won lux in one of the races (Wolkkenring I think) if it wasn't for a very stupid mistake of mine on the very last lap. :(

As I pointed out before, you are a very good player, you drove faster and you were more consistent in the last race (and the previous ones) and therefore deserved to pass me and beat me. I'm just saying that I think the natural step for me is trying not to be passed by you or anyone else next time. :D

If that's realistic or not, only time will tell. This is my first tournament, after all. Most of you guys are running for the second time, right? That's why you are so good at it. I had problems with keyboard for like the first 4 races before I found out a way to play without this problem. Plus, I don't practice with this car normally. I play with a car named New_Generic, which is slightly different than TSE_Beta. Reirom also sucks at it, by the way. :D

Well, that's it. Just trying to think in a positive way, but if I don't beat you or any other player, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Bye

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Pingu wrote: I think it's consistency or focus maybe or just the new tracks.

from all a bit! :D
for me this time 6th position was possible but lux was very strong!! nice job lux!! but i have to stay realistic badeend and silcir would beat me easily if they finished the race normally! so a top 10 is very good for me specialy because last league i was only a custodian! 8)
my very good qualys also only 2 times in the top 10 and then because of a 2 stopper! one 5th place but my first lap in that race was so bad that i could start from pit! :D with the big starting grid you loose a heck of time i know that its for the fact, that in the first corners cars are to close! its not an complaining! i know that i only have to drive faster! hehe
but back to last race:
with a 13th place i had not the best starting position but i knew that i can get forward! i think fighting with lux and lexx pushed me to drive very good and agressive with some mistakes included! a very nice and exciting race with a lot of overtaking! nice

congratz dede!

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:17 am

Yeah i know Lux was really faster then normal in these races. After my 2nd pitstop i saw he was closing in on me from 7 seconds to like 5 seconds (i was already on cruise control mode lol,, to big gap to 4th) So then I stepped up the gas and made the gap almoust 10 seconds again but then i crashed lol so at the end it was still not that big of a gap from lux to me.

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:37 pm

dede am f*** champion!!

(On a serious note, congratulations :D)

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Last race was my best in some things and worst in some other things. I was more constant and faster than I'm used to but I had problems with my pit stop tactics and eventually ran out of fuel on the last lap, which is pathetic. Fortunately nothing worst happened. I was lucky. I finally beat Lux, also. :P

Nice fights with Etmil and Pingu. I almost got Etmil in the end but then I made some mistakes and ran out of fuel. Had I applied a decent tactic I might have even beaten Pingu. I don't really know, probably not. 2 stops didn't work at all for me.

7th without Mike Nike or Badeend feels like an 8th or 9th. Still a nice result.

I can't wait for the next F1 season. I think I'm much faster and prepared then when I started. It feels good. I enjoyed it very much. All you guys are great players.

Congratulations to Dede, Janne and Tijny. Fantastic racers.

Bye

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Wow lol normally lots of comments after the race not this time. Are rain races that more exciting lol?

First of all congratz to the champion Dede. And also Runner up Janne. And third place Tijny! Quite an average race for me... somehow this race my fingers realllly hurted. Had some nice battles and in my last lap before pit I drove one lap with Tijny and the last corner with Dede lol :D

Once again best of the rest.......... :wink:

Ps. Shy bro where were you mate? Now we lost the constructor championship to IWW and so on. We coulda get 3nd or 2nd if you drove some races on good pace :D

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Pingu wrote:Are rain races that more exciting lol?

No.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:25 pm

I expected to drive with no pressure, since I already won the title one week ago, but Tijny and Janne put up a big fight.

Practice
Session 1 - 20% startfuel - everything went well.. I drove alone, fast and constant.
Session 2 - 70% startfuel - I wanted to test the car with quali weight. It went well, so I set my goal to high 37.9 for qualify (driving 8 laps, finishing with 50% fuel)

Qualify
First I decided to start with 70% and drive 8 laps, then I lowered it to 65%, but at last second I decided to go with 60%. I seemed to have troubles to drive a sick lap (38.2, 38.7, 38.2,38.7), but at sixth lap I got a 37.6 which should've been enough for the pole. The remaining fuel could've been perfect for 1pit tactic, and it actually was :)

Race
My first two laps were truly bad, as usual. Luckily other players didn't find a spot where to pass me, and then I managed to run away. Tijny seemed to be as fast as myself, but I somehow managed to gain a bit of gap.
I started to check my fuel since when it was about 20%, because I expected that Tijny could've managed to drive one more lap than me. At lap 20 it was very very tight.. I had 2% remaining while Tijny could've had 3%, so I checked the fuel right before the pit entry. It said 2%, so I decided to risk one more lap. But as soon as I decided that, fuel stats changed to 1%, so I immediately curved left and I entered the pit. I lost some time there, so the result was that Tijny was much closer after the pit. I somehow felt that he refilled a bit too low amount. Tijny remained quite close to me for some laps. The gap didn't allow me to make any big mistakes. But after Janne's comeback betweend me and Tijny, I needed to drive as perfect as possible. And Janne was still faster than us anyway.
We battled hard for several laps. It was amazing to push the car to the limit at every single corner. Probably it never happened to have two players driving so quick, close and perfect for half of the race. We made only a couple of mistakes each. Janne's last one gave me clear track for the victory :)

Championship
What can I say. I have no words for my driving. I was used to make several mistakes and not to keep up with Tijny's skills & the pressure he put on me in the last season. Everything changed in this league: good qualify results, excellent constancy and speed in the race, very good pressure handling, no big fuel mistakes (except for Kabaqa).
It would've been cool to win all races, but I can't say I'm angry because of that one loss.

League
I'm happy that new players joined and liked this league. I'm a bit unhappy that several good players didn't join though, such as Etana, olio, Nerd, Keppana..
I have to say thanks to Tijny for making several tracks (ok, one was by Etmil, thanks too). I hope to repeat this league again in some months :)

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Pingu wrote:Wow lol normally lots of comments after the race not this time. Are rain races that more exciting lol?

First of all congratz to the champion Dede. And also Runner up Janne. And third place Tijny! Quite an average race for me... somehow this race my fingers realllly hurted. Had some nice battles and in my last lap before pit I drove one lap with Tijny and the last corner with Dede lol :D

Once again best of the rest.......... :wink:

Ps. Shy bro where were you mate? Now we lost the constructor championship to IWW and so on. We coulda get 3nd or 2nd if you drove some races on good pace :D

Computer issues.. hasnt turned on since monday :L I am buying a new £1500 gaming pc, but dont worry, I won't be leaving turbosliders for rfactor and the like any time soon :D

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Damn, connection was great in practices and whole race too. But two hard lag attacks destroyed me then. I realized that I have +1lap with it, so I just could play for pure fun. I had low amount of fuel on start, but somehow I just couldn't catch those 3 top players anyway. And that was the first time that I set correct percent of fuel; I finished with 0%. :)
Nice track again.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 am

would have loved to take part, but i sorta had to do a live poker qualification at 10 cet, trying to use my chance to win one of the two packages of a poker weekend trip to gran canaria..
130 players at sunday, top30 came into final at 18 cet together with 30 players of saturdays quali, at 16 cet i had the massive chiplead..
as consequence i had to play the final too, ending up 1st place at 24 cet ..wee ;)

..f1 season, even having some keyboard probs, connection probs and brainlag issues :P, i sorta enjoyed the season - i hope we can do this again some other time

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:59 am

Mike Nike wrote:would have loved to take part, but i sorta had to do a live poker qualification at 10 cet, trying to use my chance to win one of the two packages of a poker weekend trip to gran canaria..
130 players at sunday, top30 came into final at 18 cet together with 30 players of saturdays quali, at 16 cet i had the massive chiplead..
as consequence i had to play the final too, ending up 1st place at 24 cet ..wee ;)

..f1 season, even having some keyboard probs, connection probs and brainlag issues :P, i sorta enjoyed the season - i hope we can do this again some other time

Why did you play to 1 left if it was a sattelite lol (2packages atleast)?

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:40 am

...because there were 2 different winner cups, gold and silver...i didnt knew that until i was headsup though, else i woulda played more aggressively in at least 2 hands during 3 or 4way play.

reirom

Post by reirom » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:10 pm

ok i dunno i was banned here

so thanks dede and thaks all, i assumed i was a bit angry in the rain race, i think my ban was a good decision still i think one race only, now i cant prove i can run..

still i hope i can play another cup..

i think we neeed tracks more diferentes than this ts3..

i like more tsb tracks

and why not some oval tracks?

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Because F1 isn't NASCAR.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey Reirom where you Dide16 on the puna server today? :D

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 pm

reirom wrote:ok i dunno i was banned here

so thanks dede and thaks all, i assumed i was a bit angry in the rain race, i think my ban was a good decision still i think one race only, now i cant prove i can run..

still i hope i can play another cup..

i think we neeed tracks more diferentes than this ts3..

i like more tsb tracks

and why not some oval tracks?

Rei, be prepared for some AntiSlider action.

lux2

Post by lux2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:25 pm

The cup ended, reirom came back... all went well :D

I loved a lot this cup, expecially for wet races.
I hope we'll have another one soon and hopefully with more rainy races.

Thanks to all people that made this cup so nice.

reirom

Post by reirom » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Because F1 isn't NASCAR.

FORMULA indy have oval moron indianapolis anyone?

f*** STUPID

i dont see any problem in oval with this car..

gimme a break and think twice before posting