SCARTS - 2010 Season

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

[FTR] Burnout
Community User Level: 2

SCARTS - 2010 Season

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 am

Image Image

In Mid-March, the Turbo Sliders community straps in once again for another year of close quarters stock car racing. SCARTS is BACK for its fourth season on Turbo Sliders!

What is SCARTS?
SCARTS stands for Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders. It is a racing series that mirrors NASCAR and its top three series: Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Camping World Truck Series.

We have a large arsenal of tracks that NASCAR tours during each year such as Daytona International Speedway, Auto Club Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Pocono Raceway, Watkins Glen International, and the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, just to name a few.

We also have a large variety of paint schemes and team cars to choose from for the year from the most prestigious teams in the sport. Want to race Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s #88 car? We've got it!!! Want to race Kyle Busch's new truck team in 2010? Sure!

SCARTS Series
We have three series for SCARTS which are based off the NASCAR series.

Image Image Image

The Full Throttle Cup Series is the top series of SCARTS which is 20 races long. The Phenom Series is the second-tier series which is 18 races long, and the Racin' Edge Truck Series is our third series, 16 races in length. We use our own unique points system for these similar to NASCAR's in ways.

INTERESTED?
We have a newly designed forum for SCARTS. The address is http://scartsracing.darkbb.com - there you can view what we are chatting about on the forum, view results / standings, and most importantly register for the 2010 SCARTS season!

Preparations are still underway, but keep checking back as March inches closer!
"That boy has got alot of talent, if only he can harness it on a weekly basis."

shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Unfortunate that it is only for night owls, as I would be starting the race at 1:00...

Aniro

Post by Aniro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Come on guys, this is some of the best racing we have going on here!

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 pm

I know it's quite fun sometimes but for me it starts at 2:00 AM. So no thanks :wink:

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Pingu wrote:I know it's quite fun sometimes but for me it starts at 2:00 AM. So no thanks :wink:

Exactly. :( I know when I put up a racing versus bots server for a bit that was very popular and fun. But racing until perhaps 3:00 in the morning? No thanks.

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:26 am

Well now SCARTS can suit everyone at ANY time. We now have a fulltime server cycling our newest 2010 racetracks. Every race will be 21 laps with fuel activated.

Partnering with Emanuel, SCARTS now has the power to run 24/7 with all sixteen of our racetracks running in a cycle of 21 lap races.

While our points racing season won't start until March, we have a server up anyways so everyone can get a taste of SCARTS at their own conveinence and hopefully gather a roster of drivers interested in the season racing.

Please visit the homepage http://scartsracing.darkbb.com if you are interested in our league and to download the track pack and car pack.

The track pack is posted in the Tracks section here on the TS Forum.
The cars I won't post on here since they are temporary models for 2010. But you can download em on OUR forum if you'd like.

I hope to start points racing in mid-March. See you on track!

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Awsum that it works, like I said I think it will be popular...

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 pm

We had some races today with over 6 peeps... i dont like it thought that every car has it own lap record. It would be nicer if there is just 1 rercord since the cars are the same

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah why not use the default cars for this server? Complete agreement there pingu. Also are there bots?

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:03 pm

The tracks are built to accomodate the car we are using. Not sure how the default cars will fare. Odds are the high line boosts will be negligible using an antislider that it'd just be another Arena.

But you all are free to do whatever you want with the tracks on your own servers.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:31 pm

I guess they mean they want only 1 car, instead of 20 versions of the same car.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:49 pm

dede wrote:I guess they mean they want only 1 car, instead of 20 versions of the same car.

Exactly. I mean the default SCARTS car...that shows your "home colours" xD

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:57 am

Yeah I'll consider making one here and put it on the server soon.

Burn

Post by Burn » Sun May 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Hey guys, new update in the SCARTS League.

For those of you who do not like staying up very late to race, we are now making the times of races earlier. However, this will only be an option. If you WOULD like to race, you must sign up to the forum at http://scartsracing.darkbb.com. Once there, you must go to the "ENTRY LIST" section in either the Full Throttle, Phenom, or Racin' Edge Trucks set of threads. There, you will see a poll up listing 3 or 4 race times and you can choose as many as there are that accomodate to your day's schedule. Also, you are allowed to leave during a race, if you just want to try out, you may do that as well if you get tired or just bored...

If you ever see myself or Burnout in any of the TS Servers, feel free to ask us ANYTHING that may help you understand our league better. We're really trying to get our league on the map and you can help!

Burn

Post by Burn » Tue May 11, 2010 8:36 pm

UPDATE:

Upcoming News for SCARTS-

Tomorrow (5/12/10) we will be running our 3rd Phenom (Nationwide in NASCAR). If you would like to race we are running the race at 6:30 or 7:30 EST (Check the times at our website listed above).

This week we will be releasing and hopefully racing our Racin' Edge Car (Trucks/Camping World in NASCAR). Check the website for the downloads (DOWNLOADS SECTION).

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to contact us (Burn, Burnout, Lexx).

Windows Live Messenger (MSN):

Lexx - lexiesexy1@hotmail.com
Burn - okast3000@aim.com
Burnout - burnracer@hotmail.com