Next tournament? You choose!

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Next tournament? You choose!

Post by dede » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Half of the F1 league is gone already, so I'm already starting to think about future tournaments. I have some idea in my mind, but for once I would like to listen for other opinions :)

What would you guys like to play next?

Etmil
Community User Level: 3

Post by Etmil » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Total Rough Cup, was it? With all the small 'cups' in it, xbumpz (although I'm not that fond of it), eZ knockout, RDP-Anti racing etc.. I don't remember exactly. I'm sure you do. Anyway, that was fun.

And a missiles racing cup would be great too, yet I wouldn't know which tracks would suit that, ovals only?

We could do a quick 1-day Punaball Tournament.

And a teamplay cup, perhaps?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Etmil wrote:Total Rough Cup, was it?
-Yeah, something based on Full Contact server playing (with RDP).
-Default cars tournament with fuel could be nice. It can be only one of them, or all of them (10 races, 2 for each car).
-AL (AntiSlider league) was something the best I saw here.
-DIT is tournament that I miss the most. It can be any kind of wanking competition.

Janne

Post by Janne » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Etmil wrote:Total Rough Cup, was it? With all the small 'cups' in it, xbumpz (although I'm not that fond of it), eZ knockout, RDP-Anti racing etc..
Other than instead of RDP-anti, we drove in train of antisliders. And also if I remember right, grid order was reversed cup standings, so it was not really rough racing but avoid-blocks racing.
Etmil wrote:And a missiles racing cup would be great too, yet I wouldn't know which tracks would suit that, ovals only?
Arena, Westleap, Rockring, Puddles looks quite suitable from default tracks.

reirom

Post by reirom » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:25 pm

f1 beta race in pom tracks

pom tracks is awesome

pom should post his tracks here

pom tracks>tinjy

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:04 pm

My tracks are way too heavy and Mario Kart based. Dede didn't like them and I don't think other people would. LOL. Thanks, Rei. :P

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Etmil wrote:Total Rough Cup, was it? With all the small 'cups' in it, xbumpz (although I'm not that fond of it), eZ knockout, RDP-Anti racing etc.. I don't remember exactly. I'm sure you do. Anyway, that was fun.

And a missiles racing cup would be great too, yet I wouldn't know which tracks would suit that, ovals only?

We could do a quick 1-day Punaball Tournament.

And a teamplay cup, perhaps?
+1
Whiplash wrote: -AL (AntiSlider league) was something the best I saw here.
Antislider tournament with fuel added would attract my attention,
not so fund of any other default cars added in this tournament then.

ill wait and see what you pick out of the ideas dede :wink:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:41 am

my favourite criterias:
- if fuel, then fuel slowdown = 0, so hunting lap records is always possible ;)
- starttime = sunday noon or afternoon
- if there is a cup, where it's wise to create some sort of quarter and semi final thingy, then having live-seedings can be a nice add ;) ...kinda liked it back then

favourite cups:
1. fastest lap cup (length 1-2 hours)
a) 1 track, many laps, many cars (ranking either by sum of absolute laptimes or by sum of relative % to bestlap (example: sum of 100.0 99.95 99.01...), so: IHLC like, just with more laps and maybe different (pre cup voted) carpool
b) +-10 tracks out of trackpool of 200+ tracks, many laps, 1 car (maybe car changed every week, but not necessary), example: rdp-antislider etc.

2. endurance race cup (ghost)
a) 1 track, 1 car, 30-40min+ race (long difficult track or short semi difficult one -> in any case a long straight prefered -> to have time to check TAB stats)
b) 1 track, +-5 cars, x*10-15min races
c) 5-10 tracks, 1 car, 5-15min races

At the moment im not very interesting in any other cup form, but like in f1, id still good possible take part -> it just nervs me, i have to skip a lot of poker dates for the sunday evenings^^

Apart from this an idea:
if there is something like the current f1 league, then it could be nice to have some sort of 1-2 bonus tournaments combined with the league in order to use the new made tracks.
in this case this would mean:
1. Weekly hunt of laprecord on local nonfuel gpor-f1beta (or tse - what was the car name?) on the last driven track (time to send lap: until next weeks sunday +-)
2. Fastest lap cup 30-60min before the next season race starts -> this can be used as warmup, like some people are doing it already anyway
example: tijny did some 38.4xy laptime in a 4 laprace and woulda won the challenge and he might have driven a local laptime of lets say 38.3xy, which would have won the local-laphunt session too... just that we would drive around 30-50 laps instead of just 4

lux2
Community User Level: 2

Post by lux2 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 am

About single event cups I love IHLC

About GPOR open seasons, I would like next one will be without fuel and with at least two different cars to select. Just small differences. F1beta and another car that turns a little better but is a little slower (or viceversa) and hopefully... dede's beautiful sliding F1. :P

About all other... I like everything that works quickly, simply, without any training and if possible with sliding cars (custom or default cars it's not important).
I don't like cups with only antisliding cars.

We'll see.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:21 am

Ok, I'll join the brain storming..

- PB cup "all in one night" : 8 teams, knockout tournament (QF, SF, F) with variable game length (short QF, medium SF, no limit for finals). This can be possible only with 4 servers where we can play pb at the same time and with 1 server that will work as main server (where people connect for the seedings and after every game).

- AntiSlider League, as you guys suggested already. It's not my favourite car but people seemed to like it..

- TSB-F2 League : we never played with that car in official cups, but several players like it

About the TRC, it's funny, yeah, but it takes big time for tracks selection and the organization. I hope that somebody (iBlaze) can take care of the organization, actually.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:53 am

dede wrote: - TSB-F2 League : we never played with that car in official cups, but several players like it
another +1 from me

I had the idea of trying to organzie a cup like this 3-4 months ago orso but due to time and lack of getting everything ready it never came through.
Besides i asked scud if he wanted to help me but he was moving in his new home at the time.
Last edited by Jurgen-NL on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:26 pm

RPD-Antislider sprint ghost races (still at a track, 1 screen big) Everyone starts on the front row if possible and drive 5 laps. Then next race and so on. That would be cool in my opinion

reirom

Post by reirom » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:21 pm

- TSB-F2 League : we never played with that car in official cups, but several players like it

i agree too

and no f*** fuel..

and less laps.

i think we dont need new tracks

so put 15 20 laps no fuel tsb2 in these ts3 tracks..

generic pom car track could be good too

mike and dede runned..

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:35 pm

reirom wrote: mike and dede runned..
wow you saw them running where did you see them togheter,
i dont think that is possible and did they go left or did they go right or did they split up in their workout?

:roll: :lol:

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Pingu wrote:RPD-Antislider sprint ghost races (still at a track, 1 screen big) Everyone starts on the front row if possible and drive 5 laps. Then next race and so on. That would be cool in my opinion
OMGOMG! This is honestly the BEST idea here! We haven't done anything with this feature, yet it's always been there. I really-really like this one. In fact I might start creating sprint tracks ASAP!!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:06 am

"RPD-Antislider sprint ghost races (still at a track, 1 screen big) Everyone starts on the front row if possible and drive 5 laps. Then next race and so on. That would be cool in my opinion"

when driving at whiplashs versions of sprint tracks, i kinda enjoyed most of them.
that 60 sec lap rec in 1st try with 12 sec lead to 2nd i won't forget so fast^^
in a certain way, thinking to the the past winter olympics, this could work nicely in some quarter final thingy system etc.^^ - i'd be totally in

btw, i liked the skicross in olympics^^, i've driven on such a bumproad by myself with my big cousin this winter...very nice
anyone likes to create ski-cars and such a curvy, jumpy road? ;D

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 am

My idea is:

1) Cars: Jet Ski

2) Style: Rough Racing

3) Tracks:

I don't know if you played or remember Wave Race 64 but that game was basically a race where had to pass through balloons (if you missed 3 it was game over. In turbo sliders that would mean your lap wouldn't count), either to the left or right.

I think this is a good idea because it would be less of an effort to create the tracks since a priori it only requires two objects (balloons with signs to the left or the right) positioned throughout the track in order to create an course where the jet skis should go. The rest could be just decoration. Ships, Islands, sharks, all the crap haha.

It can also be fun to include bumps, ramps and all sort of crazy things. I know most people are not into this and just want to compete to see who's faster. I'd say: give it a try.

Wave Race 64 video to put everyone ins the mood :lol: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=-hKHVBA ... re=related

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:07 am

- Scud's Antislider League
- Full Contact League
- Beginner's Cup
- IRT
- IHLC

kapa112
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by kapa112 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:14 am

As a mostly puna player, I'd love some puna cup, but I also liked the Total Rough Cup idea by Etmil. Default cars racing is still kind of dirty magic to me, so I have no opinion :D In addition, I haven't seen much cups I could recommend, so I'll just leave it to the more experienced ones :wink:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Mike wrote:
when driving at whiplashs versions of sprint tracks, i kinda enjoyed most of them.
that 60 sec lap rec in 1st try with 12 sec lead to 2nd i won't forget so fast^^

Yeah, but making those tracks is such a pain even if you use easier way and do it all in notepad. You need few days to make just one good sprint track. My tracks could be much better, but it was too boring for me to do. That's why are all of them that simple. The only way is that more players take part in tracks making.
Pingu's idea is good, but ,as I know, it's not posible to set all players to start from first row. I already asked for that option in suggestion topic, so it shoud be done in eventual new version of TS. With that option we could have really great new possibilities of playing.
The only way is to do it in editor and edit start positions (all from 1.pos.). But with that we will have to make totally new tracks and we will able to use them only in ghost mode. Ofcourse, some old tracks could be edited too. We just have to be sure that we will edit their names too and show that those edited old tracks are now just for specific use.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:26 am

Anyone remember the 1 lap knockout rough cups back in 2005? Fasteddie organized a few of them... Easyslider on default tracks, 1 lap per race, finish last 2 times and your eliminated. Simple, fun.

... bring back some old-school style cup, default cars on default tracks. Maybe I'll drag myself to my PC and participate to bring back nostalgia from years ago (the best times of TS for me).

reirom

Post by reirom » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 am

i had a idea..

i wathing vancouver 2o10

and i saw the speed skating team

so WE MADE A OVAL TRACK

AND A COUPLE RUN IN A WAY AND OTHER IN THE OPOSSITE SO NEED TO BE GHOST MODE..

AND THE TIME IS THE LAST OF THE DOUBLE..

DUNNO IF SLIDER CAN DO THIS

COULD BE f*** AWESOME..

OVAL ROXS

LIKE 30 LAPS NO FUEL

BETA CAR

A TEAM WITH SAME COLOR

SPEED SKATING SLIDERS..

SUPERB

f*** this could be superb seen the guys crossing the lines near total wow

dunno if sliders can count votes in backwards.

lol

maybe a double oval track. same size off couse and the double runs in one track and other in other..

who win continue..

wow

i am total into..

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 am

reirom wrote:i had a idea..

i wathing vancouver 2o10

and i saw the speed skating team

so WE MADE A OVAL TRACK

AND A COUPLE RUN IN A WAY AND OTHER IN THE OPOSSITE SO NEED TO BE GHOST MODE..

AND THE TIME IS THE LAST OF THE DOUBLE..

DUNNO IF SLIDER CAN DO THIS

COULD BE f*** AWESOME..

OVAL ROXS

LIKE 30 LAPS NO FUEL

BETA CAR

A TEAM WITH SAME COLOR

SPEED SKATING SLIDERS..

SUPERB

f*** this could be superb seen the guys crossing the lines near total wow

dunno if sliders can count votes in backwards.

lol

maybe a double oval track. same size off couse and the double runs in one track and other in other..

who win continue..

wow

i am total into..
this could be an idea :o only i got some changes into it

1 not backwards driving but 2 teams of like 2-3 players start on an oval on both sides of the straights,
and checkpoints at both sides aswell which would count both checkpoints as a single lap aswell (while you would only drive half a lap).

2 ghost yes

3 first team to come across the finish as a whole would win.

just an idea for later in the future first idea of reirom imo which could be nice.

olio

Post by olio » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Keppana wrote:- Beginner's Cup
- IRT
- IHLC
+1 on these.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 pm

olio wrote:
Keppana wrote:- Beginner's Cup
- IRT
- IHLC
+1 on these.
Nobody makes tracks for these cups, and anyway new players aren't very interested in driving default cars. So it's a no, I guess.