Next tournament? You choose!

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:31 pm

I think Reirom is trying to say that he wants something like playoffs between players of different classes. Who's the best A, who's the best B, who's the best C and so it goes. Deathmatch head-to-head style.

It sounds interesting and pretty quick also.

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Jay, it's all good, but you have to think about all other players. We have to give a chance to every player who didn't play F1 league too. Dede calculated there was about 60 players during the F1 league. They should all get the same chance to join this.
Otherwise, all others will lose 4 weeks to be able to play for a big team.

reirom

Post by reirom » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm

pom nailed it

playoffs in the class really good and quick

so we have the champhions of a b c d class

10 d players run some qualify. the first run a 10 laps race against the 10

and so 2 vs 9. who won continue still we have the playoff head to head champhion..

this is good fun quick and dont need new tracks i am open to suggestions in this head to head playoff

deathmath so is tension and a errror could be fatal

head head deathmatch in class is my cup idea

we need to have players in class with pair so need 10 8 etc..

giving the players rank class i think we know based in the league f1..

i am a d player..

so a players will fight with a players this is real competition..

d players vs d players

this excite and put chances to all

and a good d player that qualify bad still can recover...

so be first d in qualify and get the 10 d , still is exciting because is a deathmach and one error is out..

i really like this, the world cup of turbo sliders in classs

my 2 cents

A PLAYERS FOR ME

DEDE TIJNY SILCIR MIKE NIKE JANNE PABLINHO

6 ALREADY and dont need to be 10 etc..

yes could PUT A E CLASS TOO

we need only numbers in pair.
Last edited by reirom on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:42 pm

There aren't 10 A players nor 10 B players. I think this would only work as a "rookie deathmatch" cup or something, with C, D and E players. Rookies going against each other. The definition of rookie would be hard to get. Some people don't have as much experience and that's why they're rookies. Other have a lot of experience but are not fast, so they're rookies.

A rookie event would be nice to welcome people who felt alienated by the whole pro race/rookie race thing. I don't know.

Jaykoq
Community User Level: 2

Post by Jaykoq » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Whiplash wrote:Jay, it's all good, but you have to think about all other players. We have to give a chance to every player who didn't play F1 league too. Dede calculated there was about 60 players during the F1 league. They should all get the same chance to join this.
Otherwise, all others will lose 4 weeks to be able to play for a big team.
Well, this was just an idea (and example), but it could be done for every type of car.
Also, if someone will show up in F1 that is new there, but seems that he is very good in that car, he could be immediately C or B driver. Depends how good he is, and how others get along with that decidion.

If I put more sheets on that file, and access several people to modify the file, we could make a whole statistics like that. For exapmle, I can be B player in Antislider, but in same time D driver in Speeder.
If you don't get it well (Whiplash), ask me on msn, maybe I'll explain better on croatian xD

ps. that file can be modified anytime, and it is always on same link :P

edit:
And ok, it could be done like this.
Every type of car has 6 A drivers, 10 B drivers, ... or smth like this.
And when some player get enough points to enter A class, the worst A player gets downgraded to B player.
So that in some point in future we don't have 42 A drivers and 2 B players, and that's it xD -.-

Or it could be done like in RPG's ... every driver has his level xD
But that seems too complicated.

+edit:
I thougth for teams to have amount of points that they can spend on driver.
For expamle, Random Team GP has 100 points. With that points, they can "buy" dede (55 points, for example), reirom (7 points), etmil (30 points), and burn (8 points). If the team wins "Team Wank" or any other official tournament in their car class, they get points, like 40 points.
Part of that 40 (let's say 25) will take existing drivers (probably some of them will get some points). There is still 15 points to manage for the team. They can get 15 more new players in team (random player, 1 point). Dunno, smth like that system :/
Or it could be simpler than that, I know this could be hard to follow or complicate to manage (this is a game right, and I think "to manage" to team managers) :P

++edit:
I know, my posts should be in some "Ideas" topic :/
Sry if spamming or going off-topic :oops: :oops:
I'm a moron \o/

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Well, Pom, about the 10 A players/10 B players. That doesn't really matter.
We could make some kind of league.

Like, we can say 1 month per season.
A players in the A league, B in B etc.
During that season, people in their class can challenge others in their class, making like 10 matches per season as a maximum.
After a season, the 'winner' gets promoted, and 2 + 3 play for promotion.
Last in a league goes down, the other 2 lowest play against those.

It's like clanbase, or any manager around. You play, and try to climb up as high as possible. Will be a challenge for everyone to get in a higher league.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Well, two months without a single race is quite a big time. I'd like to organize something for the nearest future. Any idea? Here are mine:

F1 League - this is something that should be organized soon, but of course we need unreleased tracks.. do we have trackmakers willing to build 8 brand new tracks? Or more, if we want the league to last longer. I'd love to go back to unreleased tracks for main event, keeping released tracks for rookie race only. I would also like to introduce some other news, maybe also regarding points and standings (e.g. only best 8 results out of 10 will count for the championship - so basically missing two races wouldn't reduce the possibilities to win the cup). About the format, I'm open to new ideas.

Default Cars - in case we aren't ready for F1 League yet, bringing back some default cars racing might be a good idea. Who would be interested, though?

Total Rough Cup - this is something we haven't played for a long time.. it was fun, it will come back :)

Please share your ideas!

P.S. Oh, I forgot that I'd love to play a PB cup too!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Woooo!!! Hmm, I'm a wanker, so Team Wanking would be something nice to try.
If not team wanking, then Total Rough with 4-5 teams.
Generally, I'm for anything else with default cars too. :wink:
Last edited by Whiplash on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Whiplash wrote:Woooo!!! Hmm, I'm a wanker, so Team Wanking would be something nice to try.
If not team wanking, then Total rough with 4-5 teams.
Generally, I'm for anything else with default cars too. :wink:
Team Wank, nahhh.
Total Roughness Cup agreed! i Vote this
- Default cars
- Unreleased tracks

But in the Other Way
F1 League
- Most of the players llike the F1 Car, awesome!
- So new tracks
- Teams with 5 players
- Qualification like last year seems Fine!
- About Fuel Ballast - maybe no!
- Rain Track - "Oh" Maybe it should be Voted!

Punaball CUp Yup

Xbumpz Works too
Last edited by Dide Dide on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:23 pm

im open for anything PB F1 Total rough they all sound 100% delicious to play

default cars idk my intention to drive these cars has become less and less but maybe a new introducing cup could stream my interest back into these default cars
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:53 pm

i could spend 2 tracks for sure, maybe 3 depends on time since others am finished and im not in trackmaking mood anymore!
regarding thing is a good idea! maybe some other quali mode, ghost on for weeks was kind of boring! and of course at least 1rain track should be included!

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:27 am

The last time I played Sliders was on F1 Season. That's my favorite cup. Whenever the new one starts, I'll make sure I'm ready. The real F1 just started and I think that makes people motivated to take part on a Sliders F1 Season.

About the cup,

I like unreleased tracks, so I agree with Dede on this one. It worked really well on Puschtras Cup.

Teams should also be kept, available to whoever want to form them. I think it helps to create a bond between team mates. Rookies can practice with pros and all that. Everyone gets better.

I'm not going to say much about wet tracks because I know it makes some people mad, but I'd be in favor of changing wet race pattern. I personally don't like the way they are now. I know some people like it, though. I leave that to whoever is responsible for making a decision on it.

That's it. Bye.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:19 am

Personally Im in with anything that is not normal racing or lap wanking. Quite sick of of F1 racing.

So XB PB or Rough racing.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 pm

REIROM am asking can him join next cup???

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm

What about this:
-4 teams
-5 default cars
-every player have to play with a different car (every team must have all 5 cars)
-rough
???

dede

Post by dede » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Whiplash wrote:What about this:
-4 teams
-5 default cars
-every player have to play with a different car (every team must have all 5 cars)
-rough
???
Eheh, it could be a good idea in case we play some kind of team rough cup..

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:15 pm

A team rough cup sounds like a great idea..

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:52 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:A team rough cup sounds like a great idea..
Yeah,
I like The different 5 cars ideia for 5 team players.
But this will require some team Pratice, like a Wank Server, for the players to compare their time with other teams.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:17 am

Dide Dide wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:A team rough cup sounds like a great idea..
Yeah,
I like The different 5 cars ideia for 5 team players.
But this will require some team Pratice, like a Wank Server, for the players to compare their time with other teams.
meh acctually dont feel like waiting any longer to be honest here gotten deactive since nobody was playing on GPOR server frequently enough.

so whatever cup it will be dont let us players have to ''waste more time'' for a cup thats going to be driven a single time per 6 months orso.
I think that will only demotivate some players. IMHO
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

jannypan

Post by jannypan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:00 am

Total Rough Cup, was it? With all the small 'cups' in it, xbumpz (although I'm not that fond of it), eZ knockout, RDP-Anti racing etc.. I don't remember exactly. I'm sure you do. Anyway, that was fun.

And a missiles racing cup would be great too, yet I wouldn't know which tracks would suit that, ovals only?

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 pm

jannypan wrote:Total Rough Cup, was it? With all the small 'cups' in it, xbumpz (although I'm not that fond of it), eZ knockout, RDP-Anti racing etc.. I don't remember exactly. I'm sure you do. Anyway, that was fun.

And a missiles racing cup would be great too, yet I wouldn't know which tracks would suit that, ovals only?
I hate Oval Tracks :D
Is like driving Nascar race

kapa112
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by kapa112 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:51 am

I'd love to play TRC, but without the "team idea" since it's - more or less - about wrecking others and working for your own result. In addition to that, we haven't played TRC for a year.
Also some puna cup would be fine! :) I'm willing to help in organizing(or I could organize something myself, with a little hand given from someone who's more experienced).

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Fri May 06, 2011 1:23 am

When was the last time there was a cup in the same style/rules as F1, but with Antisliders? I'm not talking some RDP rough driving cup people play every day... Gentleman rules, classic Anti racing.

If someone doesn't do another one soon, I may have to come back and host a league again like the good old days of 2005-2007. Too bad I've probably forgotten all the server commands by now...

Also, are the default tracks ever played anymore? I realized the other day that I began playing this game 6 years ago this month, so maybe I'm having good memories and nostalgia.