Next tournament? You choose!

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 am

hmm...antisliders, 250 laps, gentleman rules in a default track...with 20 cars?
let's take "WAVES.TRK" muahaha...oh: and if you crash, dont forget to let the cars behind pass...until you let pass 19 cars

before you let pass car nr. 19, the car nr.1 already lapped you at least once^^

or gentleman rules at ja_hellcross..or what was the trackname?...matti or janne quite pwned some laprec there, i remember..

xzeal
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Fri May 06, 2011 10:40 am

If it is ghost I will join in if it is gentelman rules - I would have to be very drunk as I do make a lot of mistakes anyway and everything is more fun when you are drunk. Even something boring like gentelman rules racing.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Fri May 06, 2011 11:07 am

xzeal wrote:If it is ghost I will join in if it is gentelman rules - I would have to be very drunk [...]
So you will join any which way. buaheubaueuabe :D

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sat May 07, 2011 12:54 am

Mike Nike wrote:hmm...antisliders, 250 laps...
The dream of 250 laps on Banaring will never die! :P

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Ok, we are officially preparing the new F1 league. First of all, we need enough unreleased tracks! Who can contribute with brand new tracks?

Summer is coming, so what would be the best schedule? Shall we keep Sunday at 21:00 CET? When are you going on holidays?

The plan is to have 8-10 races, all on unreleased tracks. Rookie+Pro races will be probably confirmed, although there might be changes to the format of the cup. Qualify with fuel sounds like the way to go.

If you have suggestions, please use this topic. I'll be waiting for messages from trackmakers, I need to know if we can build enough tracks for the cup.

Jaykoq will take care of all statistics ;)

Jaykoq
Community User Level: 2

Post by Jaykoq » Mon May 23, 2011 7:43 pm

dede wrote: Jaykoq will take care of all statistics ;)
I like Excel challenges :D
Teams could be on ... some extra stats maybe ... I'll see how inspired will I be :D

If you have same livery all the time, I could color your box with stats :D

There are unlimited options, just say what you want :D
I'm a moron \o/

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Mon May 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Jaykoq has the Statistics records, in less than 5 min after the race, already finished xD

21:00 Pro race? or Rookie Race.

When will Start June, Jully?

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Tue May 24, 2011 3:14 am

changes?
hmm..reduce the luck factor?
maybe longer qualification?

i remember people get some kinda "angry", if the cup doesnt start at the time it should...because people are late or connect/disconnect and blabla etc.^^
probably more time between "server up", "warmup start", "quali start" etc. is needed (?)
so the race will start in time more often, instead 5-10 minutes too late as it happened in the past a couple of times (maybe - i dont remember that good actually)

@offtopic
lol, few nights ago in a dream (1 sequence out of a lot) were about a turbosliders race or qualification (2nd one i think) and dede drove the fastest lap^^ - a 1:51.2xy, then someone else...then dede with a 1:51.1xy and there were 2 voices (commentators) - 1 of them i recognized as a well known f1 commentator in germany :D...and when dede drove the 1:51.1xy he said something like "wow, someone just drove a fifty one point one"

seems like my brain is telling me to play turbosliders again :P (or more likely: that dede is totally pwning^^)
too bad my harddisc fked up...gotta install everything new around turbosliders - hmm..i wonder if i can get my license key from jgg

lux2

Post by lux2 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:40 am

I lost my interest for these antisliding, time-expensive events.
If I had to spend more than one hour playing TS, I prefer to have 50 easy full contact races than race 1 event made by a lot of "wait for this, wait for that" idle time and after the race is started I'll probalbly have to play the whole race alone. Generally boring.

So, I'm writing suggestions about something that I will probably not race. Anyway, these are my personally "unsorted" ideas.

- tracks must be released 1 min before the event. Prequalifiyng should be done on the previous race track (a random one for the first event). Rookie race must be done on another released track and it will be UNKNOWN until 1 min before the race. All these things in order to made track-training totally useless. Train with car is better and less boring!
- I'm tired about antisliding things, so... sliding tracks or sliding cars are the only ways to made my fun. This means that it will be not F1 like? Exactly! Real F1 sucks much more than playing with spinner.
- fairplay does not exist for all in the same way. The only possibility for having real-fair races is made them rough or ghost.
- with the actual fuel settings, I prefer race with fuel off.
- puschtras rules are good to have more fun.

You now understand why I'm very far from these kind of races.
This does not mean I'll never join them for sure, but probably it's what will happen.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue May 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Mike Nike wrote:@offtopic
lol, few nights ago in a dream (1 sequence out of a lot) were about a turbosliders race or qualification (2nd one i think) and dede drove the fastest lap^^ - a 1:51.2xy, then someone else...then dede with a 1:51.1xy and there were 2 voices (commentators) - 1 of them i recognized as a well known f1 commentator in germany :D...and when dede drove the 1:51.1xy he said something like "wow, someone just drove a fifty one point one"
:)
I know I had few those kind of TS wet dreams too. But I can't remember the details. I guess I was pwning Tijny or something. :twisted: :P I guess I can do that only in my dreams.
Mike Nike wrote:seems like my brain is telling me to play turbosliders again :P (or more likely: that dede is totally pwning^^)
too bad my harddisc fked up...gotta install everything new around turbosliders - hmm..i wonder if i can get my license key from jgg
F*** the hard disc, make new installation. I miss our after midnight wanking sessions. :wink:

dede

Post by dede » Tue May 24, 2011 5:31 pm

@lux

- unreleased tracks are ok for main event: if all players train at the same way, values remain the same (then, why losing a lot of time for nothing?).. Probably using released and announced tracks for rookie race could be a good idea to motivate newbies and slower players to train and improve their skills.. don't u think so?

- idle time won't be killed in competitions like this.. I believe that if we complete everything within 1 hour, it's a success..

- you said you don't like fuel settings.. why? Taking fuel off also removes all kind of strategies and some fun in qualify as well (if we use final amount as startfuel for the race).. What's your suggestion otherwise?

- puschtras cup rules are fun, yes, but reversing positions doesn't work so well: those who manage to gain lots of positions at start (by luck, roughing, etc..) are more likely close to the victory.. ballast settings are good, but only if players join all races (if Tijny skips first race, he will get low ballast and results are screwed up -> ballast should level skills up, not just points)

@mike

license key is no longer needed to play the game

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Tue May 24, 2011 6:56 pm

@dede the license is no more needed, so is like a freeware :D ?

lux2

Post by lux2 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Basically, I lost interest in these long races due to many reasons.
One reason could be my summary of an f1 league race:
- wait for this, wait for that
- practice... ok
- wait for this, wait for that
- quali... ok
- wait for this, wait for that (now I'm maybe one of those who ask wait for something)
- race: 2 or 3 laps of chaos with contacts more or less fair, then I find my true position and I go alone to the finish while I'm falling asleep lap after lap.
- at the end I had no fun and I ask me "did you really have nothing better to do?"

This does not mean i will never join a race, but for sure I won't set an alarm to remember it.
I'll join for sure the prequali but without a real effort.
dede wrote:Probably using released and announced tracks for rookie race could be a good idea to motivate newbies and slower players to train and improve their skills.. don't u think so?
Mmmhhh... no.
Whatever the track (released or not) for prequalifying, the battle for first 20 will be hard anyway, then I plan to go directly to rookie race.
If I don't want to wank the prequlifying track, why I have to wank the rookie's one.
dede wrote:- you said you don't like fuel settings.. why? Taking fuel off also removes all kind of strategies and some fun in qualify as well (if we use final amount as startfuel for the race).. What's your suggestion otherwise?
Unfortunately I have no suggestions. For sure IdleConsumption is too high to have a true "saving fuel" driving. With actual settings, fuel is just a little more than a thing to remember.
I'm not saying that I want a fuel setting that allow me to beat Tijny simply by driving slower than him. I'm only saying that, actually, fuel does not introduce a real challenge.

About Puschtra's rules, you are right: reversing start position produces a lot of confusion and someone could be helped by his luck or his rough attitude.
About ballast, I think it could be used as in puschtra's cup. if Tijny skip the 1st race, Ok... he probably will win the 2nd race, but if he wants to win the cup, sooner or later he will have the same ballast of the leader.

Anyway, do not consider my suggestions. They are coming from who will mabybe not participate to all races.

If and when a sliding-something cup will be launched, I'll (EDIT: probably :D ) join it whatever fuel settings, idle times and rules. :wink:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue May 24, 2011 7:55 pm

lux2 wrote:
dede wrote:Probably using released and announced tracks for rookie race could be a good idea to motivate newbies and slower players to train and improve their skills.. don't u think so?
Mmmhhh... no.
Whatever the track (released or not) for prequalifying, the battle for first 20 will be hard anyway, then I plan to go directly to rookie race.
If I don't want to wank the prequlifying track, why I have to wank the rookie's one.
I don't think there will be any pre-qualifying, because the tracks won't be released until race time. How we decide who drives in which race I don't know, but I'm sure dede will think of something.
lux2 wrote:If and when a sliding-something cup will be launched, I'll (EDIT: probably :D ) join it whatever fuel settings, idle times and rules. :wink:
I've had the idea to organize some sort of "slide night" event for some time now. EZ, Slider and Speeder races, randomly fixed, non-ghost of course, and not too many laps. Nothing official, just some casual cups for some good old-school fun. I could easily organize it on LVP 2, I'm just not sure which day of the week would be most suitable for this, since sundays are usually taken.

lux2

Post by lux2 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:46 pm

happy to know this!

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue May 24, 2011 11:20 pm

I don't understand the complaints about the idle time. I think the chat is always fun, and a good period of time were people get to know eachother a bit better. It bands people with the game as platform, imo this is very good for the community. Ofcourse a schedule is good to have, but there is no need to rush things, were playing a game for fun. If I want tight deadlines I go to my work to do some more overtime.

And Lux, why complaining about a F1 cup if you don't like the rules, or even like the car and prefer sliding cars, talking about a waste of time... :P ;)

Anyway, I peronaly would love to have the exact same rules as last year. I think it was very succesfull, including an excelent quali sysyem (wanking for a spot) With this system you get the motivated people in, which guarantees better racing. It also improves the skill of the drivers, as we have seen last year were the field became closer and closer to eachother. The rookie race with spots for the main event is also an interesting event by itself, and nice to watch. People realy chear for there friends and everybody want to shine in order to get in the main race. I love it.

Why fix something that aint broke. ;)

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 am

Just start F1 Season already :lol:

F1 season with teams and unreleased tracks is the way to go. It has been such a long time. I don't really care if it has fuel or not. I liked Puschtras but I don't feel as rewarded when I know I beat someone because the person was light. I'd rather lose than win with an advantadge.

Fun races are nice but it's not the same thing. People don't appear as much, is not as competitive. I want a very competitive F1 season.

Bye

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed May 25, 2011 2:17 am

Tijny wrote:I don't think there will be any pre-qualifying, because the tracks won't be released until race time. How we decide who drives in which race I don't know, but I'm sure dede will think of something.
Unreleased tracks...hmmmm sounds bad. Last season was almost perfectly organized from my point of view. The only thing I would change is point system. Last time dede separated PRO and ROOKIE races and points and that was the only thing I could complain about.
Wanking qualy gives a lot advantages to the League:
-It makes that all players have the same chances to play in main race.
-It's promoting the F1 League during the whole week, so all people around know that F1 league started. Just remember the last season...after the first weekly wanking, many players came to forum asking to join.
-It's incredibly fun. We all like that live statistic while we are playing, chatting and support each other whole day there.
-Very important: when all drivers wanks whole week for playing, they are much more fair during the main race. They know all curves perfectly and because of that they harder make stupid moves, especially on the start.
-We have more time to prepare our tactic, and I appreciated that a lot. That was the first time I enjoyed visiting the pit because I knew that I'll not screw it easy.
-Released tracks makes that League be elite competition. It gives more seriousness which I like. Otherwise I could rather play FC.
-Also, released tracks with weekly wanking qualy equalizes track makers with all other players.
-Unreleased tracks works like some kind of bad surprises, and I hate stupid surprises while I'm driving.
-F1 league moved few steps closer to perfection last year - don't ruin its direction this season.
Instead of getting back old rules with unreleased tracks, I would rather see that you uncover even the lap numbers. That would be new little improvement for this year.
-F1 is way more fun when it doesn't trying to run away from the real F1 races. That's why unreleased tracks are simply bad.
GR8Arjen wrote:I don't understand the complaints about the idle time. I think the chat is always fun, and a good period of time were people get to know eachother a bit better. It bands people with the game as platform, imo this is very good for the community. Ofcourse a schedule is good to have, but there is no need to rush things, were playing a game for fun. If I want tight deadlines I go to my work to do some more overtime.

And Lux, why complaining about a F1 cup if you don't like the rules, or even like the car and prefer sliding cars, talking about a waste of time... :P ;)

Anyway, I peronaly would love to have the exact same rules as last year. I think it was very succesfull, including an excelent quali sysyem (wanking for a spot) With this system you get the motivated people in, which guarantees better racing. It also improves the skill of the drivers, as we have seen last year were the field became closer and closer to eachother. The rookie race with spots for the main event is also an interesting event by itself, and nice to watch. People realy chear for there friends and everybody want to shine in order to get in the main race. I love it.

Why fix something that aint broke. ;)
I agree with all that Arjen said here. I like chatting between sessions too. It gives me time to recalculate fuel settings and few other things.

@Lux
Well, you need to know that F1 League is one different competition that can't have so drastic changes, especially if they are bad ones. We can't have all the same competitions whole year. It's better to discuss about some new competitions and not to touch F1 league that much because it has more and more players every new year. So, that shows that people like it just like it is. Even I personally prefer quick rough battling and long wanking, I have to admit that F1 is the best that TS have for now. We should not ruin it just like that. And I suggest you just to try get into it - in all that F1 gives. When I joined for my first time, I did it just because I was bored, but in some time I started to like it more and more (especially the last season). You can't just say "I don't like it" when you actually never played it more serious. That's the key: "If you want fun, be serious". :)
It's a competition with big C.
We should just experiment with some new things, get some new ideas etc.
From an Wanker's point of view: Weekly Wanking was promising; DIT was too. With few improvements on them we could even have as good (or even better) competitions then F1 League.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Wed May 25, 2011 2:47 am

Whiplash wrote: Unreleased tracks...hmmmm sounds bad. Last season was almost perfectly organized from my point of view. The only thing I would change is point system. Last time dede separated PRO and ROOKIE races and points and that was the only thing I could complain about.
Wanking qualy gives a lot advantages to the League:
-It makes that all players have the same chances to play in main race.
-It's promoting the F1 League during the whole week, so all people around know that F1 league started. Just remember the last season...after the first weekly wanking, many players came to forum asking to join.
-It's incredibly fun. We all like that live statistic while we are playing, chatting and support each other whole day there.
-Very important: when all drivers wanks whole week for playing, they are much more fair during the main race. They know all curves perfectly and because of that they harder make stupid moves, especially on the start.
-We have more time to prepare our tactic, and I appreciated that a lot. That was the first time I enjoyed visiting the pit because I knew that I'll not screw it easy.
-Released tracks makes that League be elite competition. It gives more seriousness which I like. Otherwise I could rather play FC.
-Also, released tracks with weekly wanking qualy equalizes track makers with all other players.
-Unreleased tracks works like some kind of bad surprises, and I hate stupid surprises while I'm driving.
-F1 league moved few steps closer to perfection last year - don't ruin its direction this season.
Instead of getting back old rules with unreleased tracks, I would rather see that you uncover even the lap numbers. That would be new little improvement for this year.
-F1 is way more fun when it doesn't trying to run away from the real F1 races. That's why unreleased tracks are simply bad.
Nothing to add, I agree 100% 8)

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Wed May 25, 2011 4:25 am

dede wrote:license key is no longer needed to play the game
but in case a lazy trackmaker like me would actually try building a track again, that would work only with the license, right? or what was the difference to no-license?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed May 25, 2011 11:28 am

Mike wrote: but in case a lazy trackmaker like me would actually try building a track again, that would work only with the license, right? or what was the difference to no-license?
Track editor works even without the licence.
There is no difference at all. You only have (d) latter after your IP, and you have to wait 5 sec longer after you shut down the game, because it shows how to buy the full game. Also, you can join "only demo" servers, but as you know, all servers are demo. :wink:

lux2

Post by lux2 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 am

Hey, I want to change nothing! :D I only explained why i'm not that interersted.
Whip, I maybe joined all the races in the past F1 leagues. I also wanked and qualify myself for main event in all tracks of the last league. I skipped 2 races, even i was qualified, because i was bored about those tracks. I would have race them if unreleased until the start.
I know what I'm talking about (from my point of view, obviously).

Quoting myself,
- at the end I had no fun and I ask me "did you really have nothing better to do?"
This is the point.

This is a game. A nice game. It's the only game I play. Someteime it's like a drug, but it's only a game. Nothing more.
Train, improvements, are all nice things, but don't take them too much seriously. The least important thing of the real life is much more important than everything related to TS. :wink: