TurboSliders.com AntiSlider League

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Etmil wrote:but Pingu was very constant with his laptimes,

Yeah lol everyone behind me had a better peak lap my best lap in the race was 35.4 while my qualify time was 35.0!!

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Etmil wrote:PS. Standings, dede?

Standings will take a bit longer this time, because of tonight's pb cup.

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Ok I managed to post everything already.

Superpole
I decided to start with 100% fuel, in oder to calculate better the fuel strategy. This wasn't a very happy solution, since I failed to set a fast lap in the last minutes.

Race
Fourth starting position pushed me on filling 100% again. Some people started making jokes about crashing in first curve, and I did that! I luckily blocked only two cars, since Hevonen crashed on his own and blocked other players. The leader, siLciR, had lag problems so I was only fifth after two curves. After few more curves I succesfully gained third position thanks to an accident in front of me.
My race seemed to flow well except for the last laps of each stints, where I couldn't make the difference to join back in front everybody. I also made two mistakes in both pits: first I went to grass, then I crashed to an obstacle.
The only good thing is that I obtained the second position in a race where everything went wrong: bad quali, bad start, bad fuel strategy, bad last laps of each stints, insect irritating me for about 5 laps, etc.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue May 25, 2010 6:38 am

dede wrote:thanks to an accident in front of me.
Yeah... I coudn't drive while I know a super fast italian flag car is behind me lol

dede wrote:insect irritating me for about 5 laps, etc.

:lol:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Thu May 27, 2010 9:31 pm

I just watched the video. Shit, I made demage to Tijny for about 15-20 sec. Don't change your fu*** colour man. :) There were 3 cars with almost the same colour (You, VPA and Limpu). Obviously I tough you are some lapped driver, because that colour wasn't familiar to me. So it looks like you were too aggressive and tried to make forced overtake, not that I blocked you. That's why I didn't waited for you after your accident. Luckily it finished well. :wink:

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Thu May 27, 2010 9:48 pm

If a driver is faster behind you how does it even come up in your mind that you put that guy on a whole lap lol :lol:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Thu May 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Whiplash wrote:I just watched the video. Shit, I made demage to Tijny for about 15-20 sec. Don't change your fu*** colour man. :) There were 3 cars with almost the same colour (You, VPA and Limpu). Obviously I tough you are some lapped driver, because that colour wasn't familiar to me.
No worries man, next race I'll have a new color again.

[siLciR]
Community User Level: 2

Post by [siLciR] » Fri May 28, 2010 11:09 am

If u are in doubt about the whole being lapped thing, just use tab to see the names of the ppl behind you.

It isn't a matter of colours...

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri May 28, 2010 9:00 pm

[siLciR] wrote:If u are in doubt about the whole being lapped thing, just use tab to see the names of the ppl behind you.

It isn't a matter of colours...

It's much easier to let him pass then, because you will lost that position with using tab anyway. :)
I need long straights to use that button without accident.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun May 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Quali is over but now i can't connect anymore / say anyhthing??????

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Sun May 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Same here

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun May 30, 2010 7:33 pm

It works again! All join back! Server crash ftl!

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun May 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Wow nice race, I didn't make any mistakes only sometimes of my line. I think I got Silcir real nice in the beginning of the race but ofcourse he is alot fast then me so he got me back later lol while hitting me quite big too xD anyways i was off my line to pass Kroku? I think. He just had big traffic after i caught him at the start. Last stint VPA comes in front of me out of the pit, so iam like wtf and step on the gas once more. VPA me and Etmil really got the speed into it then but VPA made a mistake and i caught him, then a copple of laps later Etmil and VPA get into a fight and I could cruise to the last laps. If they didn't got into a fight I woulda had reallllll troubles with Etmil since he was smelling green Pingu blood :evil: He really wanted to catch me lol and putted pressure on me.

But once again best of the rest result so iam quite happy with that :D :D :D :D

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Sun May 30, 2010 10:30 pm

i had a crap of a start, then i needed to calm down and re-focus, which eventually i did and got back to 5th in the 2nd stint and pulled away. without losing so much trying to get the 5th i would be a lot closer to the front, but still in 5th so the mistakes didnt make much diference in the end.

Etmil
Community User Level: 3

Post by Etmil » Mon May 31, 2010 7:08 am

I want dede word with standings. :D

Pingu

Race stories

Post by Pingu » Mon May 31, 2010 11:47 am

Whats happening to all the race stories of everyone! We have many runners but almoust no race experiences

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon May 31, 2010 1:05 pm

hehe, good point, pingu :)
from my side..qualification, starting with 3 laps fuel, was good, 3rd in the end still okay
race - making bigger mistakes only during fuel calculations and while trying to push more than my (actually satisfying fast) average line ...and while being put under pressure from behind...
constant fast driving and a good hunt on tijny worked well this time, being 2nd place +-2 laps before the end...but i messed up and got 4th only because i couldnt drive fast safe under the pressure of hunting pros behind me
anyway, sorta good track it was and nice race, pablinho as spectator had a good time watching, i think

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon May 31, 2010 1:22 pm

I had to leave the PC immediately after the race and later was too tired to write anything :D I'm not usually the kind of person who leaves things undone or does them half-properly, but it's gone like this here for some reason.. :P

Race was okayish, I believe. Could've perhaps finished 6th but Pingu was good as ever, constant and while I believe I drove some laps faster than him, I drove equally as many slower than him. Especially in the 1st stint when I was still close. He got better exits from some corners, I got better exits in some others, but at the end of the day, what mattered was that he beat me in qualification by some 0,1xx seconds as usual and due to that it was left for me to do the chasing. In the middle stint, I don't remember who it was but when I went wide in a corner there were some incidents when people attempted to overtake me kind of roughly, making me slide, but I carried on nevertheless. For a while I think I dropped back to 9th, but after the pitstops it was a case of hunting VPA, which I managed and then my old 'friend' Pingu in the green car, which didn't manage obviously..

Another factor is that in the Sunday evenings, when the race is held, my little brother usually likes to play flash-games over the internet with stepdad's laptop (he's overly kind to the little man and lets him do anything basically). Which altogether meant that in qualification and twice in the race I experienced quite the lag, because my connection suffers immediately from sharing it. Later on, stepdad was browsing the net and well.. let's just say me and him aren't the 'best kind of friends' and I (a 22 year-old guy, who, by the words of the other family, should be 'grown-up') could never just go on and tell him to stop using the net because I'm 'playing a PC game'..

Despite all that, it still went fine and 7th place is quite satisfying actually, compared to the 17th I had in the 1st race. Would love to have a completely lag and insect-interruption-free race though. Probably next week when stepdad won't be home and then hopefully a chance to beat Pingu.. if only I drove properly. Wee!
Last edited by Etmil on Mon May 31, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm

quiet happy with my race even i was the last one who drove to the finish i think!!! 8) nice since i am a real noob with this car my feeling is getting better and better!
like always i need a lot of time in the qualy to find a good line! that maybe cost me some places in starting grid! but this time i got 14th and i was pretty stoked! but then the server crashed and a lot of people who was behind me where missing and i got my normal position! far far behind! :D
race: in the first corners i was fighting like hell and able to gain some positions but like f**** always i made a big mistake! losing already the connection to most of the players, i was pissed off!!!! but then i got a good speed! i had a hard fight with one of you guys dont know who it was!! driving a lot of laps close to eachother ! very nice! but he was stronger then me after another big mistake he was gone forever! all in all a good race for me!

Whiplash

Re: Race stories

Post by Whiplash » Mon May 31, 2010 5:50 pm

Pingu wrote:Whats happening to all the race stories of everyone! We have many runners but almoust no race experiences

My experience: lags, wrong amount of fuel, nice track.

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 pm

I still have to post all results, but I go on with the comments.

Superpole
This time I didn't want to test fuel at all. I drove all stints with about 30% fuel, trying to go for fastest lap all the times. Unluckily it didn't work too well, but I still managed to drive a semi-quick lap that gave me the second starting place. It would've been much worse if I played like last time.

Race
My start was average, but I managed to keep my position. It wasn't easy to catch Janne until he started making small mistakes. I overtook him into the inside, but I believe he made a mistake in that corner (we also had a contact which made him slide a bit, and it made me wonder for few seconds if it was fair or not). I never left the first place after that, if we exclude after pits.
My tactic was quite linear: 90% + 82% + 81%. It was exactly the same tactic as Tijny. That put me a bit under pressure, especially after seeing that he was faster than me during the last part of first stints but he never entered pits as I hoped. Luckily with high fuel amount I seemed to be faster, but then again he gained a lot back at the end of second stint.
In third stint I finally managed to run away, also in last laps. The last lap crash ruined a possible record, but they were still quite far from me, so I cruised to the finishline with no pressure at all.

Janne

Post by Janne » Mon May 31, 2010 7:29 pm

dede wrote:I overtook him into the inside, but I believe he made a mistake in that corner (we also had a contact which made him slide a bit, and it made me wonder for few seconds if it was fair or not).

Nothing unfair there from my point of view. I had a tiny touch with grass causing me to have low speed and outer line for next turn.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Last race of the AntiSlider league is starting in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Hope nobody forgets :)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:53 pm

wtf! roughest race ever seen! some of you should read the rules! no fair player at the end of the field! i dont like to race with ......!
from my side sorry i had a lot of mistakes involving some innocent players but at least i waited for them!!!!!!!!!!!!

but nice cup!

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Yeah it was quite rough, all my crashes came from people in the back of the field. But what a race, THIRD PLACE!!!! Best race result for ever :p. Silcir also had lag problems i think he went straight into the grass witch cost me 0,500 for the 3 laps after his crash because of concentration loss :lol: And Janne also had troubles after some mayhem after the start. I coulda got first place if i went around dede in the 3rd or 2nd lap i think, since he crashed into mike but unfortunalty i smashed into dede too :wink: . But again focus and consistency got me far in this race.

Fourth in the cup too :evil: :D :D