TurboSliders.com AntiSlider League

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Sun May 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Very hard track, It doesn't really fit my racestyle. I also got lapped this race hehe, didn't happen for a longtime.

I got 8th in the race, but I think i saw Keppana driving backwards in the pit so this would mean a 7th place for me :). Nice result was alot slower then previous race though. Also Janne sorry for slight block i wanted to let you and tijny pass but somehow i got brainlag and went back to the track to soon or i don't really know anymore what happened lol. I will watch replay later. Luckily it didn't affect the result

Janne
Community User Level: 3

Post by Janne » Sun May 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Pingu wrote:Also Janne sorry for slight block i wanted to let you and tijny pass but somehow i got brainlag and went back to the track to soon or i don't really know anymore what happened lol.

No problem here. It was not the nicest possible moment of race for something like that to happen, so I got quite annoyed.

My best moment in the race was superfast reaction at starting lights. :lol:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Very hard track. No places for overtaking. Obstacles were too close. But all in all, quite good. Pole position was the most important and I ruined it.
Video again please.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon May 17, 2010 11:07 am

I ruined both sessions i felt like i was driving nice times but i wasnt so i acctually drove too passive in superpole.

The race was quite good in the way not much rough or problems but as whip pointed out and dede at the start of the race not much room for overtaking, roads were slightly a bit too small.
About my race i started 15th had a nice start again overtaking some people and then made some crashes which ended up being 1 of the last.
Yet i still had fun trying to keep up with the leaders pace, and letting them pass at moments where it doesnt cost me much time.

Organizing Grade 9.5+ (we missed 1 driver to make it a sold out race)
Track Grade 7.5
Overall Rating 8

btw when will the league standings be updated :?: :?: :?:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:18 pm

I have my computer and will be able to join the league from the third race :) I can't wait! :)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon May 17, 2010 4:24 pm

what can i say! that forst makes you crazy! :D
at first sorry to dede! like pingu i had a heavy brainlag and i crashed into a fence when he was directly behind me! he had no chance to avoid crashing into me!
superpole: o man i had only 1 acceptable lap and for that my position was not so bad because it was very tight at the end of the field! 1 lap in 15 minutes!!!!!!
race: only a shame! my first laps! uh not nice! i had a lot of crashes with obstacles and other players!!!! specially with lexx i think, we where so fair that we lost a heck of time waiting for eachother!(and that happend not only once!) and so after a few laps i was last and miles away from all of you! i got lapped after 10 laps i think!!!!! dont remember exactly! i was so frustrated! so after that mistake with dede i decided to quit! one obstacle less on track! :D but 19th position like i said! :D nice!!!!!! 8)

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Lanz wrote:after that mistake with dede i decided to quit!

Don't worry next time. Mistakes can happen. I crashed a couple of times too in front of lapped drivers, and that's even worse since you don't know if they want to pass you back or not :)

Superpole
This time it went a bit worse than last time: the track needed risky lines in order to drive a good laptime and I got none with low fuel.
The only good thing is that I tested fuel, but that wasn't of any use since I started the race with a "random" amount.

Race
Starting on 90% my aim was not being overtaken by anybody. I expected Tijny starting on similar amount, so I thought that first laps would've been very hard for me, because I am very slow in the beginning. However my start went well and I catched Tijny in few curves. He seemed to give way like if he was on higher fuel amount, so I decided to push to the limits as soon as I passed him. My first stint was great, so I entered pits with quite a big gap.
After first stint, I never had pressure anymore and I even started deconcentrating a bit. For that reason I crashed a couple of times in front of lapped drivers. Funny to note that I started crashing as soon as I thought "ok, let's just cruise to the victory". And boom, boom, boom!

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Keppana & Burn didn't follow rules in the superpole. I believe that both players forgot to enter pits: Burn entered pits from entry after missing it; Keppana noticed that he had to pit a bit too late, so he slowed down before passing finishine.

I believe that Burn's mistake can be forgiven without any penalty. Keppana's action is much more against the rules since he crossed finishline, but I believe it was just because he couldn't brake anymore. If nobody is against this, I would give him just a yellow card, since he tried to let us notice it was a mistake by slowing down before finishline.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon May 17, 2010 7:21 pm

dede wrote:Keppana & Burn didn't follow rules in the superpole. I believe that both players forgot to enter pits: Burn entered pits from entry after missing it; Keppana noticed that he had to pit a bit too late, so he slowed down before passing finishine.

I believe that Burn's mistake can be forgiven without any penalty. Keppana's action is much more against the rules since he crossed finishline, but I believe it was just because he couldn't brake anymore. If nobody is against this, I would give him just a yellow card, since he tried to let us notice it was a mistake by slowing down before finishline.

Hmm yes, lucky for the forgiveness since it was clearly said :p. I think a time penalty of 4,968 or 5 seconds is fair :P :P :P

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon May 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Pingu wrote:

Hmm yes, lucky for the forgiveness since it was clearly said :p. I think a time penalty of 4,968 or 5 seconds is fair :P :P :P

You little busterd. :)
Hmm, if there was Reirom, I would be on your side this time for sure, :)
but Kepp end Burn are good old drivers.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon May 17, 2010 10:40 pm

where are the standings?
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Burn
Community User Level: 2

Post by Burn » Tue May 18, 2010 1:53 am

dede, I cannot remember where I did wrong.

Can you please leave the video and lap number where I made that mistake?

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Tue May 18, 2010 9:05 am

dede wrote:Keppana noticed that he had to pit a bit too late, so he slowed down before passing finishine.

Keppana's action is much more against the rules since he crossed finishline, but I believe it was just because he couldn't brake anymore.

I agree that i made u-turn after finish line to make my way to pits in superpole, other way i could have to make _a very long lap_ with no fuel :D I'm not sure did i do my best lap after or before u-turning. This is punisment enough i didn't make my way to top 10 in superpole, 11th place is not the place where Keppana is supposed to be. I saw Storm (?) making some kind of u-turning laps before me. I could take yellow card for this and remember to take more fuel next time :)

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun May 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Best race ever for me.. So many good battles with Pablinho and Etmil. I took over Pablinho very nice taking the inner corner and then I think he wa stuck behind me but we were almoust same speed.. He took me over I took him over etc.
Also Etmil really sick defensive line at some corners hehehe. I coudn't pass. One time he got a bit to rough on me but he gave back pos. so nice honour. Also with pablinho we both had to give back space after a crash but one time i think he forgot to give back pos when both me and silcir crashed... But i coudn't really see. Also OMG at silcir first corner.. I guess lag? And dede missed first corner too hitting the inside xD

Sick battles nevertheless:D

Screen :shock: :shock:

This was all for pos lol^
Last edited by Pingu on Sun May 23, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Sun May 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Quite a good race for me. I felt scared every time when being to catch a player driving before me, just thinking when it does crash. Without obstacles being too close to the track there could have been much less crashes. Last laps was just counting when fuel runs out, and it does run out on last lap, thanks to Tijny for overtaing the players driving after me :D Actually i wasn't lapped on last lap, i was just running the track without fuel, but in final list it's marked as lapped because God press the esc button :roll:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Too weird race for me. :lol:
I found the pit finally, but my calculations failed again.:) I calculated it for 40 laps somehow, so I went there 3 times even I could finish the race with those 2 stops anyway.
I tough that Tijny was crashed in first lap very hardly so he was unluckily out of win again. I met him after my first pit stop. I decided to fallow his line and take some speed from him to catch the others. Then I realized that I'm pretty much faster then that Tijny because he obviously can't find a good line. So, "maybe he just missed few turns and he will be fast in a second when he get wormed a little bit" I said to myself. Then he made a big mistake and I crashed into him: "Damn Tijny, wtf are you doing man". Then Tijny give me the pass. :? I felt so weird there, so I decided to let him in front again and keep fallowing him. Otherwise he would catch me easily back and we could be crashed together again. :idea: :)
The main problem was that he just couldn't make some gap, even I crashed once too.

I saw many bad unfair moves in the race. My apologize to VPA (pit accident) and dede (accident just in front of him), and probably to real Tijny (maybe I didn't move out because of his new colour :) )

I realized that it was Etmil when Tijny wrote on the end of the race:"i thought i lost because of traffic, but luckily janne ran out of fuel".
I tough: "wtf, he couldn't win..no f*** way".
I feel like a shit now. :)
Track was pretty good.
Last edited by Whiplash on Sun May 23, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Sun May 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I lagged after the first corner and dropped to last which was very unlucky (it's bad karma because i got the pole hehehehehe), and then spent my 1st and 2nd stints trying to get back positions, which made this race quite hard, i had fun catching and fighting pingu and pablinho. By the time i got out to the last 12 laps (which was my 3rd stint) i had already a 10sec lead over Keppana and Pingu and Pablinho seemed to have disappeared further behind which made me just cruise to the end.

my biggest problem, other than the major first lap lag, was the fact that at 30 degrees celsius my hands seemed like rivers after 3 or 4 laps which made me wanting the pit time to come faster just to clean them :D.

Keppana

Post by Keppana » Sun May 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Actually Whip you was driving with VPA, not with Tijny who has took same color as VPA. I thought that red car with yellow stripe was Tijny, but he was Turok. And i didn't realize even you because you has changed color to Peto! color. And Burn has changed it's color to Jurgen-NL color. Damn, try to keep your own color.

Janne

Post by Janne » Sun May 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Keppana wrote:Without obstacles being too close to the track there could have been much less crashes.

And vast cutting possibilities as well.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun May 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Forgot to tell but what the hell was that spec saying during the race and i got pablinho lovely in lap 5 :D LOL whiplash i watched it back you just said Oops and you drive on????? You knew if you drive so close behind him you could crash him.. not really fair man

Janne

Post by Janne » Sun May 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Pingu wrote:Forgot to tell but what the hell was that spec saying during the race

He (Schumi_01 / Mi3 / etc. I suppose) was saying "janne noob". He clearly didn't understand what does it mean when rough is not allowed in unoffical warm-up before, so I banned him. It's nice to have a Brazilian fan though. :)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun May 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Keppana wrote:Actually Whip you was driving with VPA, not with Tijny who has took same color as VPA.
I think you should have your eyes checked, mine was way different. And I did have an incident with Whiplash where he sort of held me up and broke my concentration. Well, in the end it turned out well because Janne ran out of fuel. :D

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Keppana wrote:Actually Whip you was driving with VPA, not with Tijny who has took same color as VPA.

No, I know what's the VPA's color. I was talking about Etmil and racing few laps with him. White front of his car was exactly like Tijny's in last race.

Pingu wrote:LOL whiplash i watched it back you just said Oops and you drive on????? You knew if you drive so close behind him you could crash him.. not really fair man

What could I do?:) oops was the fastest to write :lol:
Anyway, VPA crashed very hard in last lap and blocked me a lot. He needed to wait for few seconds to let me pass. I felt really bad because of that. I wouldn't complain at all if he was finish the race without waiting for me.

Tijny wrote: And I did have an incident with Whiplash where he sort of held me up and broke my concentration. Well, in the end it turned out well because Janne ran out of fuel. :D

:lol: I knew it. It's all because of your colour. I guess I was Mad Max on the road. I stoped almost all top players. My concentration was so bad. I played TS for whole day. Sorry. :)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon May 24, 2010 10:12 am

not bad not bad! first acceptable race for me! i was a bit confused about different car colors so if i blocked someone for sure no intention behind!

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon May 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Nice descriptions of my racing style, Whip :D
Anyway, 7th place was okayish. Maybe I could've been 6th, but Pingu was very constant with his laptimes, making no mistakes, I had a nice battle with him, passed once but then made a mistake and he was gone again. Also lost a bit of time in the first pitstop trying not to crash into Chevron [?].. and in the end had about 12% too much fuel. When the leaders came from behind I immediately realized I had to let them past and there were only a couple of laps to go.. I thought there was a chance for me again in the closing laps as Pingu seemed to notice the lappers too late (or was it sth else?) and that allowed me to close the gap, but luckily for him the race ended soon :)

PS. Standings, dede?