XBX! 2010 World Cup Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TurboSliders.com

XBX! 2010 World Cup Edition

Post by TurboSliders.com » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:01 pm

What's this cup?
This is a special edition of the Xtreme Bumpz Xtravaganza cup. Since the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final is being held on Sunday at 18:30 GMT, this edition of the XBX! will be based on that. There will be two teams, based on the two World Cup finalists (Holland and Spain). Each team will have up to 10 players. Players will be assigned to a team randomly (unless a player is from that particular nation in which case he gets priority). Every player on the team will play in the colours of the national football team (Team Holland players will be playing in Orange - Team Spain players will use their away kit of dark blue). This main team colour will be set automatically, but you are free to choose whatever colour stripe you wish.

As usual with this competition, there will be two awards up for grabs - for this special edition they will be the XBX! World Cup and the XBX! Golden Boot award (see below for more information).

Basically, this cup is pretty much the same as previous XBX! competitions, except with two teams of 10 instead of 10 teams of two :)

And we will be finished long before the actual World Cup final too!

When?
11th July 2010 (Sunday) @ 16:00 GMT (17:00 UK, 18:00 CET, 19:00 FIN)

How can I join?
Just connect before it'll be full.

How does this X-Bumpz cup work?
Car: AntiSlider (fixed)
Tracks: 15 iBlaze² X-Bumpz tracks (usual XBX! track-pack)
Time: 2min max battle time
Server: Community Server [ITA]
Points for wrecking: 1 (one point for each wreck)
Points for killing team-mate: -1 (you will lose one point for this)
Rules: You are NOT allowed to change team after the cup has started.

How will the XBX! World Cup winner be decided?
The team with the last man standing will win the round. The team that wins the most rounds out of the 15 will be the World Cup winner (odd number of rounds means no penalty shoot-out will be required :P ).

How will the XBX! Golden Boot award be decided?
The points total of each individual player. Winner is the player with the most points after points taken off for own goals (team-kills).

REMEMBER! There is no longer any need to sign-up in advance. Players will be assigned to their teams upon connecting to the server.
Last edited by TurboSliders.com on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The TurboSliders.com Cups Management Team

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:27 am

O boy i wish i could join this but 18:00 is really only 15-30 minutes before dinner time on sunday :(

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 am

Pingu wrote:O boy i wish i could join this but 18:00 is really only 15-30 minutes before dinner time on sunday :(

O man, I really don't
get this. You can eat in the dinner time only??? Wierd rule, weird culture (if that's about culture). I can make dinner in the morning here if I wish. Explain please.
Btw, it will be my plesure to play against those Dutch bastards. :p

iBlaze²
Community User Level: 3

Post by iBlaze² » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:26 am

Whiplash wrote:
Pingu wrote:O boy i wish i could join this but 18:00 is really only 15-30 minutes before dinner time on sunday :(

O man, I really don't
get this. You can eat in the dinner time only??? Wierd rule, weird culture (if that's about culture). I can make dinner in the morning here if I wish. Explain please.
Btw, it will be my plesure to play against those Dutch bastards. :p

I suppose if he is at home and his parents are cooking his dinner then he doesn't really have a choice of when that is - it's the same for me when I'm at home. I'm sure if he was cooking his own dinner he would delay it all night for this cup :P

Lexx
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by Lexx » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Thank God I will get priority, I would never play as a German. :P

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:53 pm

iBlaze² wrote:I suppose if he is at home and his parents are cooking his dinner then he doesn't really have a choice of when that is - it's the same for me when I'm at home. I'm sure if he was cooking his own dinner he would delay it all night for this cup :P

Well, my mother cooks it always, but I don't have to eat with them in the same time. Also, there is no strict time when she cooks; she make it whenever someone is hungry. When someone miss the dinner, he can eat after. No rules. We never think about eating and we never make plans for that. It's weird for me that someone knows right now that he has to eat on Sunday at 18:15.
Hah, this could be easily part of off topic chat. We talk about eating here. :)

Lexx wrote:Thank God I will get priority, I would never play as a German. :P

Well, I already planed to play for Spain. :wink:

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Damn Spain, now I have to change the script to dark blue kits instead of German white.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 am

Hey lol, stay on topic :wink: Sunday iam at home end then you have to eat when diners ready etc. and you wait when the rest is finished :?

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Reminder: this cup will be taking place TODAY at 16:00 GMT - 1hr 20min from now :)

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:16 pm

So who won?

TurboSliders.com

Post by TurboSliders.com » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:33 pm

FINAL RESULT: HOLLAND 6-5 SPAIN

It was a tense game, reflected by the final scoreline, but Team Holland came through to win the XBX! World Cup in emphatic style! It was very close all the way through the game, with both teams fielding strong players. Team Spain had to make 2 substitutions during the game, with Zeþhran and Famagustas making way for PunaBall and BootDisk Failure later on. It was also a game of missed opportunities however, with 4 chances to score against the opposition being missed - 4 opportunities which, given the close nature of the game, could have made all the difference. But in the end, Team Holland were the superior side and deserved winners.

But, it wasn't all bad for Team Spain and they can at least take something home. It was Spain's [+] dede who was the game's top-goalscorer by quite a margin and therefore wins the XBX! Golden Boot award. In fact, 2 of the top 3 goalscorers came from the Spanish side with iBlaze² the 3rd top-scorer - Dutch player, [+] Sneijdy between the two in 2nd place. Full standings can be seen below.

XBX! Golden Boot standings
1. [+] dede [SPA] : 20
2. [+] Sneijdy [HOL] : 11
3. [iR] iBlaze² [SPA] : 10
4. siLciR [HOL] : 8
5. Grumpy Bastard [HOL] : 7
5. PunaBall [SPA] : 7
7. Padero [HOL] : 5
7. Whiplash [HOL] : 5
9. [fS]Janne [HOL] : 4
10. [iR] kapa112 [HOL] : 3
10. Vilkku [SPA] : 3