SCARTS Infineon Raceway Races

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

[FTR] Burnout
Community User Level: 2

SCARTS Infineon Raceway Races

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 pm

We had a vote on the SCARTS Racing website about a racetime, and it was finalized...so I apologize for late notice, but I'm looking for some veterans from Turbo Sliders to race in our SCARTS event at Infineon at 5pm EST on Tuesday (GMT - 4:00).

We raced this track last year with Mike Nike and iBlaze, but now it has been souped up with more detail and numbered pitstalls.

The race Tuesday will be 70 laps, and the Cup race the following day will be Wednesday at 7pm EST, but possibly earlier upon discussion with league members. I will keep you posted on here.

Here are some pictures of the new track...(still being finished before I post a download link, but it can be downloaded in server)

I am planning on making the rumble strips along the course bouncable to add more challenge to the race. I am finishing with that testing now and hope to have it as a feature in the race tomorrow.

All files will be downloadable from the server, but for now here is a link to the cars we will be using:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywtykmuw2oi

We will be using rules, but I will be present as a spectator to admistrate the event...it will go smoothly.
"That boy has got alot of talent, if only he can harness it on a weekly basis."

shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 am

Confused, is this passed or tonight? :L

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am

What time is this for europeans? 2 in the afternoon or 2 at night lol?

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:57 am

Would this be at nine o clock at night tonight?

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:Would this be at nine o clock at night tonight?

It says tuesday yes.. if i knew the time i think i could come :o

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm

It hasn't happened yet, its later on (today) in the US. At the moment of my post now, its just after 9am EST on Tuesday, so it will be in 8 hours.

5pm EST or 17:00 (GMT - 4:00)
"That boy has got alot of talent, if only he can harness it on a weekly basis."

lux2

Post by lux2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 pm

I think it's 21.00 for shy and 22.00 (CET) for me and pingu...

Not sure I could today.

Burn can you explain us what do you mean with "rules".
You know I don't like rules that are not managed by the software. Expecially yellow flags that I could not bear even if they were managed by the software.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:24 pm

I kinda orogt what he said but i thought he said it was in 7 hours... so 23:00 for me... too late sorry :( to still start a whole race for me. Gotta stay fresh got uni exams monday -_-

lux2

Post by lux2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Pingu wrote:...23:00 for me...

You're right. 23 CET

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 pm

well that was great fun, really didn't expect second :)

iBlaze²
Community User Level: 3

Post by iBlaze² » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:07 am

shyguy1001 wrote:well that was great fun, really didn't expect second :)

Yes I agree - a great race again, I had some really good battles with various players. 2nd on grid was great, 4th in race was an ok result (although, with better strategy I could've maybe finished higher). I'm most happiest about taking fastest lap though - something I've never actually achieved in an official Turbo Sliders cup race, so really pleased with that! My only criticism would be towards the one moron who tried to ruin things, but luckily he left halfway through, so all-in-all another enjoyable experience :)

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:56 am

Yes was great fun and im pretty content with a 3e place result after a not so good qualifing in which I almost crashed at the start of my 2nd hotlap.

I also share Iblaze criticism towards the one moron who was racing ehm his own race. I think he should watch some Nascar races to understand how caution periods work, because he seemed not to care about the procedures at all.

I love this race format which guarentees lots of close racing and smart tactics. Thanx to all for there part creating such, and Im looking forward to another race in the future. 8)

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 am

Ok, comments about tonight's cup race - not as good as yesterday.

Firstly, I didn't at all like how it descended into chaos once again at the end - that seems to happen all too often in the SCARTS races that I participate in - too many clashes of egos I think. But whatever, I'm getting used to that in this league.

Secondly, terrible lag and then disconnection in the early laps ruined what could've been a great race for me. 6 laps down is not a position I am happy to be in and meant I spent the rest of the race battling for no real reason and therefore it became a lot less interesting for me. But, that was just unlucky I guess, so better luck next time hopefully.

However, on a more positive note - after my first fastest lap in an official Turbo Sliders race yesterday, it was great to score pole position and fastest lap again tonight against much stronger competitors in the SCARTS pros. So really pleased with that, it's just a shame I couldn't convert that pace into victory due to the connection problems. But, the fact that I scored 2 fastest laps and a pole position in these 2 races shows just how easy it is for absolutely anybody to be competitive in this league with a little bit of practice so I would definitely recommend that people try it out :)

Also funny how Reirom gets himself banned from this league, just days after being banned from the F1 cup and LVP server too. Sometimes it seems advice falls upon deaf ears so I guess I should expect to see more threads tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

reirom

Post by reirom » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:36 am

STILL DONT KNOW WHY I GOT BANNED f*** BIASED..

PACE CAR OVAL IS MORE GOOD
BURN

SORRY I DONT SEE ANY THING FOR MY BAN

NASCAR NEEED TO BE IN OVAL AND WITH PACE CAR...

QUIET IBLAZE I WAS 2 LAPS BELONGS YOU..

i run a race nice after..

some guys am biased against me

reirom

Post by reirom » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:40 am

Also funny how Reirom gets himself banned from this league, just days after being banned from the F1 cup and LVP server too. Sometimes it seems advice falls upon deaf ears so I guess I should expect to see more threads tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

explain i dont runned anytime in lv2 server so i was pre banned..

second today i drive nice this huge cars in of road tracks is full of contact

the server owner banned me for no reason...

ask burn the last race i run oval if i did anything wrong..

i am not banned in the league

i was banned for this race..

i like you iblaze but stop trying to think i am the bad person..

you know owners servers have shit egos?

the race was a chaos lag etc and shit track for the cars

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:49 am

Any chance of a replay?

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:04 am

Yeah is there a recorded game just wanted to ask the same!

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 am

Haha, calm down Reirom - I was just saying how funny the timing of the ban was considering your other bans and the post I wrote to you the night before.

I didn't actually see what you did to get banned since I was on the other side of the circuit at the time, but all I can say is this - it surprised me.

Considering the behaviour of other players and what they have been allowed to get away with without being banned - notably the moron from the night before who would've achieved a minimum of a 5-race ban if it was my league - it leads me to think that either you did something incredibly bad or that the league is biased towards regular players.

Actually it's pretty obvious what the answer is, because you were driving fairer than a limosine chaffeur compared with the moron from the night before and he didn't even get a warning until we all complained afterwards.

However, it brings me back to what I already told you - private league, private server, it's entirely up to them who gets banned and who doesn't. After all, I guess if they banned their regular players they wouldn't even have a league, so it would make no sense.

Just try not to take things so personally man. As I said already, there are a lot of ego clashes in SCARTS and tensions are usually running high there, so it's my opinion that you were made the scapegoat for whatever reason - whatever, that's just my opinion. Although you have to admit, your reputation does precede you in this game so if anyone is to be made a scapegoat for anything then you are an obvious target.

Anyway, yes you're right about being 2 laps ahead - although that might have had something to do with the 6 laps I lost when my connection died :P - but I admit, your pace did actually seem good in the race.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 am

its a very nice cup with nice cars and track! sorry if i pitted when pitlane was close but i got heavy brainlag! :D i was trying to be fair but i got confused, people overtook me under yellow i think 4times, divebombs etc. in the end of the race i dont know what i did wrong?????
i f**** up qualy and started 9th! i had a good pace and i did at least 10 leading laps! :D after a red flag on 5th position i decided to go to bathroom but when i came back everybody was gone! :D then i decided to make a long last stint that flushed me on 2th position! nice! but still dont know whats my final position?(unfair pit)
@reirom: like always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Yeah, the overtaking during yellow is a real problem and it pisses me off the most. Like I said before... How hard is it to remember which car is in front of you when yellow is called? The answer is simple: It aint! There just steeling positions hoping nobody says something about it. Very lame I think.

I think there is a way to fix this by having a second stargrid before the last corner were everybody needs to stop when yellow is called. Then assign people on that grid acording there race position and then call green. Then you will have a nice roll towards the last corner for the restart. Easy and effective since people have no time to cheat, and if they do, it will be easy to notice and penalize them.

Just my 2 cents.

Looking forward to the replay aswell. 8)

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:04 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Yeah, the overtaking during yellow is a real problem and it pisses me off the most. Like I said before... How hard is it to remember which car is in front of you when yellow is called? The answer is simple: It aint! There just steeling positions hoping nobody says something about it. Very lame I think.

I think there is a way to fix this by having a second stargrid before the last corner were everybody needs to stop when yellow is called. Then assign people on that grid acording there race position and then call green. Then you will have a nice roll towards the last corner for the restart. Easy and effective since people have no time to cheat, and if they do, it will be easy to notice and penalize them.

Just my 2 cents.

In the test race i drove the copple of first laps and someone crashed during yellow after that he started taking over to get his pos back, this is not allowed right lol?

reirom

Post by reirom » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 pm

something incredibly bad or that the league is biased towards regular players
SURE IBLAZE i think i did some bumps but with this huge chicane is almost impossible to not have contact
burnout should explain my ban total no sense...

i run 90 laps.. so

was f*** weird and iblazed said some other player did far bad and nothing..

my fame is been spread of this guys i ask lanz what i did
iblaze saw my race i did nothing.

some guys in yelllows take me off all time and nothing happenings

like i said nascar need to be in oval and with pace car..

i will be in lanzcup

who won the race anyway?

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Pingu wrote:
GR8Arjen wrote:Yeah, the overtaking during yellow is a real problem and it pisses me off the most. Like I said before... How hard is it to remember which car is in front of you when yellow is called? The answer is simple: It aint! There just steeling positions hoping nobody says something about it. Very lame I think.

Just my 2 cents.

In the test race i drove the copple of first laps and someone crashed during yellow after that he started taking over to get his pos back, this is not allowed right lol?

Well, if someone crashes during a caution (yellow) then he obiously didnt slowed his ass down enough and he should be penalised. ;)

Btw, yellow means NO overtaking no matter what happens. If something should be adjusted for some reason whatsoever, it is up to race-control to give instructions.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 am

Surely if it is lags that causes you to crash it is acceptable to get your place back?

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:03 pm

When will be the next race?