TurboSliders.com F1 League S3 - Schedule & Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:02 pm

:(

Sorry to here that Pablinho.

Ranee

Post by Ranee » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:28 pm

how many rounds the next race?
I´m not in Sanaria-race, but i like tested. I run 39 laps fuel race(Whetstone fuel setup)
My best race 26,25,6(2 stop) 26,30,9(1 stop) and 26,34,4(0 stop)
maybe next season I'm in, if I get corrected lag-problem.

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Rookie race: 20, Pro race: 40

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:32 pm

I'd like to ask Pingu to consider coming to the last race. We can have a nice race and end all this bullshit between us for good. Even if you think you're right and I think I'm right about what happened in the (un)Fun Race, that shouldn't prevent us from having a good time on track, okay?

I would be lying to myself if I denied that you're a great part of what made me a more competitive player on the season. When you told me here that I shoud stop giving excuses so you'd respect me more when I finally beat you, I was very pissed off at you but I realize now that only made me stronger on track (surprise!).

I hope to see you there, even if that means I will probably lose one position. :lol:

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:14 pm

I wont be there, soz :wink:

Burn
Community User Level: 2

Post by Burn » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:30 am

Way to be the bigger man Pom, I'm happy your differences might be settled now.

Good luck tomorrow all!

mjay
Community User Level: 1

Post by mjay » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:49 am

wtf i am in

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm a moron \o/

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Jaykoq wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FdJajqxmU

Hey ho, let's go \o/ :D

Tony Hawk 4 music :lol:

dede

Post by dede » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Ok, Ranee and Mjay are now added to the qualify standings.

Jaykoq wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FdJajqxmU

HEY HO, LET'S GO!

reirom

Post by reirom » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:56 pm

seems i am out my pc crash hd and is to be fixed

somehow i can try to play in my bross pc but is unlike

i will miss you all

hope we have f1 league january etc

congrat tijny dede and all player

we made this cup

sorry to miss the 2 last tracks..

cheers all

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:15 pm

6th place. It is a good position, considering I lost to Dede, Tijny, Janne, Mike Nike and Silcir, the best players around. Still, it could have been better, considering I was 4th on the grid, really close to Dede.

Qualy: I wanted to aim for 39.3 but unfortunately I wasn't calm enough to do it. When I did 39.6 I tried one more lap but when I made a little mistake I stopped, which was wise of me. 4th is very good, considering I had pretty much the same fuel as Mike and a bit more than Janne. Everything seemed to go my way. I was a bit worried about Arjen, who was very light on fuel and I was afraid I could get pushed, which eventually did happen. I don't blame him, though. I knew the first lap would be a mess. It was my mistake.

Race: I kind of wanted to beat at least one of those players I mentioned above . Unfortunately I fucked up on the first lap, just as I promised to myself not to do. I was trying to push hard so I could be close to Tijny, Janne, Dede and others and then I touched the dirt. That made me lose some positions. I eventually got most back. I should have waited more to push hard. I regret it. I had minor lags on some parts but nothing that made me lose much time, except one quick crash. I just really drove against Lanz and Jurgen most of the time, which was somehow exciting but not much. They were lighter than me but I managed to run just as fast but I knew I would beat them because they had a 2 stopper tactic. I couldn't reach Mike and Silcir. In the end I saw that Silcir was like 7 seconds faster than me and I kind of relaxed a bit. Etmil came close to me on the last lap, which I didn't expect, so I pushed harder. I had a very good last lap and I was 6th.

Overall it is a great result, but I feel disappointed somehow. :(

This season was fun. I hope to do better on the next season. I have much more experience and a decent machine to play with, also. I think I can be expected to appear constanty on top 10 on next season.

Congratulations to Dede and BK, the champions of this season. A great team to be part of.

Bye

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:23 pm

its been after 18 cet when i tried the track for first time...
sucky 26min51 testrace at 20cet...in real race 13 sec faster, actually felt relative safe constant...and was surprised to be that far behind janne around 11+ laps before end, when looking at tab stats..
difference to 5th place was big enough, so i was sure, its gonna be good old 4th place - and immediately i lost concentration and drove far offroad ^^
in 2 scenes i also lost some time while having problems with popowitch...and suddenly silcir was quite in the back of my tyres, pushing hard...forcing me to concentrate quite a lot over 10+ long laps...quite some pressure there, i didnt even expect to handle that well - luckily, silcir did a similar thing i did in last race...catch up fast...close to overtake and suddenly making a bigger mistake

nice race, nice season

dede

Post by dede » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Wohoo!

I never trained for real for this race, because of low motivation (Tijny skipping one race). My personal best was about 0.3 slower than track record. I also never tried fuel strategy and whole race simulation. I had no clue about the amount of fuel needed to complete the race.

In qualify I stopped after second lap, since it seemed clean enough to place me in a good position. 55% startfuel was good considering the position, but I would've liked 47% better in order to calculate fuel in a easier way at pit. And infact I finished with going with random refueling (40%), a big risk since I finished with 0%!

My start was good, but players ahead of me seemed to go quicker. I never managed to be fast, although I somehow found a safe line to drive constantly slow! In the last part of first stint I had battles with Janne and siLciR. I had to give way to Janne, he was too fast for me.

After my pit I was quite close to Tijny, and wow, I was ahead of Janne! Janne was driving fast as hell, so I actually stopped caring about finishing ahead of him (I had to pay more attention at fuel level than defending my position). After Janne got blocked by a group of lapped drivers, and after I started hoping that fuel would've lasted till the end of the race, I started driving faster. Tijny made a couple of big mistakes, so I got the lead!

Most exciting race for me, probably because it was without training and with random fuel strategy :D

Thanks everybody for joining this league, probably the most succesful competition in the TS history :)

P.S. Results will be published tomorrow!

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Sorry, I think I was one of those drivers that might blocked some of the leaders. But why, why did you guys change car colors? It's the only way to recognize people, which is already very hard. And no... using Tab for extra grafix is not an option, since it's utterly distracting.

At that moment, I was fighting for possition with people that I thought were still in need to pit. I think though that the battles were quite clean, but it was ofc not how it should have been. Sorry for that.
But being one of the few on a 2 stopper, being lapped was bound to happen at some point. I normaly let the leaders pass without any problem, but I was in the middle of tactics and didn't see recognizable colored cars.

Perhaps we need a carhorn on the cars next season to get these kind of problems solved. :D

Oh, and in the beginning of the race... Who pushed me in the last chicane and gave me a shunt on the straight? That was a foul move to do!
Sorry for the car behind me that I excedently blocked when I returned back on track. Did let you pass me there in order to restore a bit of the timeloss you got there because of me.

Overall:

Happy with 10th but disapointed aswell since I was well able to keep it up with people around me at P5-P8. After the pitstops I got in some trafic and lost time trying to overtake them. I made some mistakes there aswell, so lost some time with that too. Could have been 8th or something I think if all went a bit better.

Offtopic:

Can sombody please fix the smilies so they are placed at were the cursor is, instead of at the bottom of the message. Realy anoying!

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:34 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Sorry for the car behind me that I excedently blocked when I returned back on track. Did let you pass me there in order to restore a bit of the timeloss you got there because of me.

Think that was me, I hit someone on startline really bad who jumped from sand in front of me, (someone yellow, orange, dunno, I'm a daltonist) xD. I tried to avoid him but no :roll:
Never mind, I didn't have some kind of crucial battles in race (depending on my final position).

All in all, this season was nice, 1st season I ever played.
All of you were nice, friendly etc.
Thanks for racing, supporting, and, we will see each other on Wank, my goal is to become as good as dede :D

Congrats to the winners, congrats to all ;)

C'ya next season (hope I'll be good for Pro races then :D)
I'm a moron \o/

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:52 am

dede wrote:I never trained for real for this race, because of low motivation (Tijny skipping one race). My personal best was about 0.3 slower than track record. I also never tried fuel strategy and whole race simulation. I had no clue about the amount of fuel needed to complete the race.

[...]

Most exciting race for me, probably because it was without training and with random fuel strategy :D
I hadn't driven at all since monday and I never do any of that simulation crap, so I'm just happy to see that I'm able to fight with you if we both prepare the same way. I totally should've won this race, but I just had to mess it up in the last laps :D

reirom

Post by reirom » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 am

nice result pom

reirom will be strong in next season

dede is unstopped

tinjy good

good cup league, i missed some races, still very sucessfoul..

i am open to a new competition..

this forum fights was sad. we are all friends..

pom seems a real contender in next cup

me i cant be this competitive in ts3 tracks.

i like others styles of track.

rookie race was a good idea

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:35 am

ROOKIE RACE

My aim was to qualify 11th spot since i didnt train on the track (i only drove 5 times on that track) i had a PB of 39.200, After looking 1 Janne's lap before the race , In warmup i improved -400 from my personal best, I was Happy.
I did a good qualifying i was 4th, and who would know Kapa had done a bad lap some 41...., from that moment i forgot about kapa, he wouldnt catch me!
At the 5 lap i was leading, I made some mistakes , then Boom!, i was 3rd
I was fighting for 2nd place with Vikku, but mistakes made me loose 3sec, i had to catch him so i had to focus harder, so i got 1.5 sec back, but some lapped cars made my car slower i was angry:lol:, Vikku made a mistake in the 17 lap i did overtake him , but the pressure was high, i made a mistake, and i had to let him pass because of the rules, and i finish 3rd.

PRO RACE

I didnt had track experience for this track, so i did put high fuel, i knew i will get top12 because other players would make mistakes, i did a good qualifiying with my fuel, i was 15,
I had a quiet race until the 30 lap, I had to pit, but i missed pit line area, lost 1sec there, i didnt know how much fuel to put, :shock: but who would know, i was in front of Vikku, i had 11% more fuel than Vikku and he overtook me, i was angry, i had to push up, so i did catch him, he made a mistake on the final lap like i did on rookie race , and i overtook him.

I had a good Champ this season i expect greater results next season

Janne

Post by Janne » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:36 am

Thanks to organizers, trackmakers, and racers.

reirom wrote:still very sucessfoul..

Agreed. :roll:

Kuite

Post by Kuite » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 am

After F1 league... what?

First of all, thanks like Janne had just said.

And like some of yours will know, i'm just new here. I started at Terricon, the fourth race of this 3rd season. So, i don't know what is the dimanic of the turbosliders users. When i started here, I thought that F1 league was constant every week but now i've seen that no. So, what are the normal competitions that a turboslider user plays? Full contact? Punaball? Or there are more events like this to play?

So, what i've to improve to be comptetitive like all yours? Antislider car? More F1 car? What?

Thanks! :)

lux2

Post by lux2 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:33 am

Janne wrote:Thanks to organizers, trackmakers, and racers.

Sure, thanks a lot to all you.

Vilkku

Post by Vilkku » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Nice race with Dide Dide in rookie race and pro race.

Thanks for organizers and drivers who played fairly.

Waiting for next season and I hope I have more time to practise then. :)

-Vilkku (not Vikku or Vilku)

dede

Post by dede » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Kuite wrote:So, what are the normal competitions that a turboslider user plays? Full contact? Punaball? Or there are more events like this to play?

I have no plans for the near future. We might play some good old IRT (default cars) or IHLC, but I don't want to organize big tournaments for few months. Yeah, the F1 League was succesful, but it requires quite a lot of time for the organizing part and obviously trackmaking. Luckily Tijny, Lanz and Etmil provided enough tracks (BIG THANKS TO THEM!), so I didn't have to use photoshop this time :)

Anyway I'm open to suggestions about cups for the future!

Kuite

Post by Kuite » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:57 pm

dede wrote:
Kuite wrote:So, what are the normal competitions that a turboslider user plays? Full contact? Punaball? Or there are more events like this to play?

I have no plans for the near future. We might play some good old IRT (default cars) or IHLC, but I don't want to organize big tournaments for few months. Yeah, the F1 League was succesful, but it requires quite a lot of time for the organizing part and obviously trackmaking. Luckily Tijny, Lanz and Etmil provided enough tracks (BIG THANKS TO THEM!), so I didn't have to use photoshop this time :)

Anyway I'm open to suggestions about cups for the future!

Yes, of couse that it takes a lot of time organizing, and really thanks from all users to all who make it possible. I've not bought the licence yet, but i've in my mind to do it if i keep playing during a time more, that i think that i'm going to do it. Whatever i present as a volunteer to help organize any kind of competitions.

Kuite wrote:So, what i've to improve to be comptetitive like all yours? Antislider car? More F1 car? What?

Thanks! :)

And this question? :roll: