It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:40 pm

TS Hockey League ALL TSHL PLAYERS SEE LAST POST

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

TS Hockey League ALL TSHL PLAYERS SEE LAST POST

PostSun May 29, 2005 12:33 am

TSHL Teams

EST Turbo Skaters - Mouse and Fasteddie399

TSB - road_oktane and [tsb]Leo

Team Luv - Tap and Kobradog

Dallas Donkeys - Cesar and Haikkonen

Ice Sharks - captainpotato and Mark Burnett

Grêmio - Prost and Batigol

FFS - Tijny and Badeend

I BECCHINI - [gpor] BluT and Jazzyclub
Last edited by Mouse on Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:03 am, edited 22 times in total.

Tijny

PostSun May 29, 2005 12:53 am

Oh dang, I was actually planning to form a team with Badeend, but it seems like we waited a little bit too long - we didn't really have a name & colors yet.
So if it's still possible.. we'd like to sign up for this. :roll:

Mouse

PostSun May 29, 2005 12:54 am

ok then, we need 3 more players. we have a plan for 6 teams or 8 teams, so tijny you can be in it.

JUHA

Community User Level: 1

PostSun May 29, 2005 3:21 pm

ok, when where what? i'm interested. :)
JUHA - F1!!! Räikkönen & Kovalainen!

Mouse

PostSun May 29, 2005 3:46 pm

well JUHA there really is no when, there is no fixed schedule, the teams can decide the best times for both of them. so are you in? :)

Mouse

PostMon May 30, 2005 7:49 pm

ok JUHA told me he is in, so we only need 2 more players. :!: :!: :!: and please guys, i need your team names and colors. :!: :!: :!:

fasteddie399

Community User Level: 2

PostMon May 30, 2005 8:03 pm

It's been a while now, any I'm wondering if many players are waiting to see the official rules before joining, or, for those who have already said thay want to be in, I think they are very eager to see rules too!

:lol:

JimMiE22o2

PostMon May 30, 2005 9:00 pm

I will go talk to sV about our colors and name.
Few people find what they wish to see.
Life is only to die, get over it.

Mouse

TSHL Rules

PostTue May 31, 2005 2:48 am

here are the rules of the TSHL. they might be changed a bit, but will be 100% Before the league starts.

8 teams in league, 2 divisions (randomly chosen)
each teams plays each other 2 times (1 away and 1 home) home team hosts server. Each Game:A member of the Home Team must host the game server. also, the home team can choose the side of the rink they want.
Cars used: AntiSkater
Track used: fe_rink (by fasteddie399)
Ghost: OFF (obviously)
Max Players: 4
Spectators Allowed: NO
Continuous Reg: YES
ALL GAMES MUST BE RECORDED, preferably by the player running the server Recordings must then be sent (via email, MSN messenger, etc.) to the League Director for review for determining official statistics and results
Also, the League Director is to make all replays available for download on the League Web Site
Each Team may have no more than 2 players in a game
Each Game consists of 3 Periods
Each Period: will be 5 minutes long (no faceoffs, since it will waste time per period to set it up) in Playoff and tornament games, if there is a tie, it will go on to one 3 minute period of overtime, then, sudden death.
Game Points towards League Standings:
WIN = 3pts
TIE (after 3 periods) = 1pt each Team
LOSS = 0pts

after the league, playoffs will be held, the top 2 teams in each division goes to playoff semi finals. semi final games will have teams play each other twice, aggrigate will come into play here, also extra time if needed. the final game will be one single game.

also there will be a TSHL Championship, which will be a simple 8 team knockout tornament spread throughout the season.

the schedule will be very flexible, teams can communicate using MSN, forums, e-mail ect. to make a good time to meet and play their game.

more rules/changes may me added soon
Last edited by Mouse on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mike Nike

PostTue May 31, 2005 12:23 pm

Continuous Reg: NO -> YES i would vote for, since in matches it can surely happen, that someone disconnects. In this case, it might be fair though to wait for the player...he has maybe 3 minutes maximal to come back.

Suggestion for the statistics:
goals, assists, own goals to count
If you like you let a stop-watch running besides, so you can even check the time of the goals and the total period-times and match-times just for additional info.
But: You must calculate at least 10-20 or even more minutes i fear for even only 1 match...and it might happen you miss 1 goal...so you have to watch it another time perhaps.
To avoid watching a replay 2 times, teams should already try to make statistics in chat, so you can view into the log, what their opinions were, who made the goal...or own goal...or if an assist was actually not there etc.

JUHA

PostTue May 31, 2005 1:13 pm

yes i'm in. i'll be checking these forums daily, so keep me updated with the matches and all stuff. :)

AND WHAT IS MY TEAM lol???

fasteddie399

PostTue May 31, 2005 5:53 pm

Continuous Reg: NO -> YES i would vote for, since in matches it can surely happen, that someone disconnects. In this case, it might be fair though to wait for the player...he has maybe 3 minutes maximal to come back.

good point...

Mouse

PostTue May 31, 2005 6:42 pm

ok so it has been switched to yes, good point mike. and JUHA, you are with captianpotato, if you do not want to team with him that is ok, if you do, talk to him and find out a good team name and your colors. ohh this league is coming together! :D

Mike Nike

PostTue May 31, 2005 10:07 pm

Mouse...i really do not want to stop your enthusiasm/motivation etc., but i want to get sure: do you really want to watch all the replays? They are surely nice, but it costs some time.

I like to remember you, there will be (not sure when exactly) the ballgame support by TS 1.0.5+, where you would save the time to count the statistics.
So, what you think and maybe others..., won't you like to start this TS Hockey league later (Mouse' 1st TS Ice Hockey League would give this maybe a name (or is TSHL a name? For me it is just the description/type of the genre, in the case Ice Hockey can be called abstract as part in the group of Hockey games - though new people might think first, hockey will be played instead of ice hockey, maybe))? Later -> when ballgame support is there.

Mouse

PostTue May 31, 2005 10:52 pm

i was thinking about that mike, but 1.0.5 might not come out for a while, and i would like to get this started. i will write down the stats of my game as i play, and can do 2 other replay stats, im sure Eddie would do another replay. he has been helping out sooo much. i just gotta say this is not my league, it is mine AND Eddie's, he helped out to much for it to be just mine. i would not mind doing replays for stats a few times per week, make some popcorn, get cozy and do it. and when 1.0.5 rolls around great. and mike, do you wanna be in the league? i would really like to have you involved. :D :D :D

fasteddie399

PostTue May 31, 2005 11:49 pm

Mouse -

First I wanted to thank you for giving me so much credit for the creation of the ice hockey league. I don't think I deserve so much credit since I haven't been of much help, but I appreciate you including me in all the planning and giving me so much public credit. :oops:

Unfortunately, the reason I have had so little time to contribute to the planning of the league is because I have been overwhelmed at work with client meetings and I have been working overtime both at the office and at home in the evenings. This is a bust time of year for our company and on top of that I have several new clients right now that require a lot of time and energy. :(

Because of all the time and energy my work is taking right now, I am not going to have a lot of free time to help with any of the further planning and creation of the ice hockey league. I do still want to play in the league and be your teammate, but I feel very badly that I can't contribute more time and energy to the planning and creation so I don't think it's fair if everyone thinks that I did half the work when in reality you have been devoting a lot more time and energy than I have recently or than I can contribute in the future.

I do look forward to playing in the league, and I do wish that work wasn't taking so much of my time because I really enjoy planning and creating and if I had more time I certainly would continue to work with you to do all that is necessary for the league orginization.

I just don't have the time right now and I think it would be unfair to you if I continue to be credited with the co-planning of the ice hockey league when you have been doing most of the work.

I apologize for having to back out when we are so close to getting the league started, but I can't let my work suffer and my new clients need so much of my time right now.

Hey, I'm still looking forward to kicking opponent ass with ya!!!! :P 8)

JimMiE22o2

PostTue May 31, 2005 11:53 pm

If only work was play, eddie, if only...... 8)

Mouse

PostWed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 am

i really understand Eddie, im going to have to start taking time off from TS because i have my finals coming up (high school). i am happy you can still play in the league. i will handle the stats and host the first few games so people can get used to the rules. all i need you to do eddie is to put some replays up on your website and play in games.

i might take some time to really think if we are better of puting off the league for a while, mabye untill thinks get settled down at your work eddie, my finals are done, or mabye when 1.0.5 comes out. i dont wanna just trow a league together and say "go play and tell me what happend" i want this to be really good.

we will play it bye ear. :)

JUHA

PostWed Jun 01, 2005 7:24 am

Mouse wrote:ok so it has been switched to yes, good point mike. and JUHA, you are with captianpotato, if you do not want to team with him that is ok, if you do, talk to him and find out a good team name and your colors. ohh this league is coming together! :D

where is that guy captianpotato?

captainpotato

PostWed Jun 01, 2005 1:38 pm

JUHA wrote:
Mouse wrote:ok so it has been switched to yes, good point mike. and JUHA, you are with captianpotato, if you do not want to team with him that is ok, if you do, talk to him and find out a good team name and your colors. ohh this league is coming together! :D

where is that guy captianpotato?

I'm here :) Now, at least... I've been really busy at work recently.

PM me, and we can start organising it.

JUHA

PostWed Jun 01, 2005 1:52 pm

hey buddy! this will be fun!

captainpotato

PostWed Jun 01, 2005 2:12 pm

Mouse wrote:i really understand Eddie, im going to have to start taking time off from TS because i have my finals coming up (high school). i am happy you can still play in the league. i will handle the stats and host the first few games so people can get used to the rules. all i need you to do eddie is to put some replays up on your website and play in games.

i might take some time to really think if we are better of puting off the league for a while, mabye untill thinks get settled down at your work eddie, my finals are done, or mabye when 1.0.5 comes out. i dont wanna just trow a league together and say "go play and tell me what happend" i want this to be really good.

we will play it bye ear. :)

We could always just have some 'friendly' games, until you two are ready and 1.05 is out. With the promised includions in the upcoming version, it will make running a league much smoother.

Mouse

PostWed Jun 01, 2005 6:46 pm

friendly games, that could be a really good way for eveyone to learn the rules of TSHL. good thinking captianpotato, we will have to make plans for friendly games.

and i think it is best to wait untill 1.0.5 comes out, friendly games will do good for now. :D :D :D

captainpotato

PostThu Jun 02, 2005 3:13 am

Mouse wrote:friendly games, that could be a really good way for eveyone to learn the rules of TSHL. good thinking captianpotato, we will have to make plans for friendly games.

I'm not just a pretty face (as you can see from my avatar...) ;)

We could even use it for finetuning teammates and team strategy.

JimMiE22o2

PostThu Jun 02, 2005 8:30 pm

sV and I are blue
Next

Return to Competitions