SCARTS Turbocharged Series - NEXT RACE: Dec 12, 3pm ET GMT+5

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

[FTR] Burnout
Community User Level: 2

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:48 am

The next race is Dover at 6:30pm ET (GMT - 5:00).

Each race with tire wear is getting better and better as we correct problems from past races. Shyguy is devoting alot of hours into making these race videos and I can't thank him enough for the effort he is putting into these and his interest in sharing SCARTS with the whole Turbo Sliders community. Those of you who have raced this before can compare and contrast what it was like then vs. now, watching virtually 100% of the green flag laps.

We MAY someday create a series that can be run earlier in the day to accomodate you guys in Europe, to further expand the league abroad.

I know its on the late side, but I hope to see alot of you there. :D
"That boy has got alot of talent, if only he can harness it on a weekly basis."

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Next race is Dover at... which day :P?

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Yesterday :P Crazy race, a yellow flag means everybody was put 2 or more laps down at halfway! There was a mistake on tyres meaning they hardly meant anything at all as the fuel slowdown perfectly balanced the tyre speedup.. But still a good race, we will have it fixed for the next race at Homestead, we had a great close finish..

The problem was we hadn't used tyres at that sort of track yet, we have found that we certainly need to make tyre slowdown a lot more at short tracks.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 am

Oh lol missed it, what you mean how does a yellow flag put someone 2 laps behind? I thought overtaking isn't allowed during yellows and you have to pace :P

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Well some had made pitstops and some hadn't..

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:04 pm

I want to race too :P

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 pm

We are racing tonight at 22:00GMT (17:00ET) at Infineon - a road course (left and right turns) so you F1 guys might have more of a shot at being fast.. We will of course be using tyre wear and yellow flags, the race is 91 laps :) Hope to see some of you there!

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:40 pm

http://turboscarts.darkbb.com/entry-lis ... -8-t39.htm

Racing at Indy on Sunday - we could race as early as 8:00PM GMT so make sure you europeaners cast your votes :)

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:34 am

The poll won for a 3pm ET time on Sunday for our Indianapolis Turbocharged Series race. That is 20:00, or 8pm GMT. We will kick off at that time with practice, then qualifying, then the race at 45 minutes after the hour.

This is the earliest race we've ever run for SCARTS, so I hope alot of you can show up.

The track is up for download on our TurboSCARTS forum as well as the cars:
http://turboscarts.darkbb.com

Cya Sunday.
"That boy has got alot of talent, if only he can harness it on a weekly basis."

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 pm

I think it's smar to put the next race in the opening like this:

Next race: Indianapolis, SUNDAY, December 12 @ 20:00GMT

For many people it's not clear when the race is, and many people seem to like nascar, looking to shy testserver[/b]

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Server is up, race in just an hour and a half!!

xzeal
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:38 pm

So I did something like 40 laps? Then I quit.

Cup like this - they got to prove first that they know what they have to do during racing to even take part. Especially europeans like me who know very little about nascar in general and are thinking "I´ve been racing for 6,5 years on TS -fuck the rulebook" . You can´t show up and race just like that . Well at least not when you have a server full of people who ... well you know what the majority of the TS youth is like.

Might consider joining some of the future cups - after I watch some previous replays. I feel bad for Burnout and Shyguy since if they actually finish the remaining 120 laps those two will feel like drinking for a week, babysitting people who dont listen and at the same time are in race cars is a slowmotion trainwreck, with puppies and kittens.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:09 pm

OUch Reading from Xzeal words it was mayhem?

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:24 pm

Well we had reirom there and the rules were a little complicated. Enough said?

Yes yes I shouldve watched the video shyguy made or look into what the race was actually going to be like - or read through the topic to actually know I should do some preparations.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Gah, its so hard. We dont wanna kick people like xzeal out through knockout qualifying, after they have been hanging around for an hour waiting to race. Then again, having a field of 12 regulars and 8 noobs makes the racing impossible.

reirom

Post by reirom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:32 pm

XZEal moron i dont do nothing wrong

shyguy and burnout fucked it up

shit organization no rules, etc

i run nice

many morons there..

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:33 pm

reirom wrote:XZEal moron i dont do nothing wrong

i run nice

many morons there..

Funny that there were rules and you didnt obey them.

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:11 am

I am sry shyguy, but it was not my fault, My connection was dead, so dead
I couldnt enter anything, i was at a punaball game, then it died, until, today
Sry

And the did the race went Well?

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Dide Dide wrote:I am sry shyguy, but it was not my fault, My connection was dead, so dead
Sry

We had a massive field getting close to twenty cars, unfortunately we couldn't keep people like Reirom under control and a few who didn't fully know the rules or who weren't paying attention to yellow flags.. So a disaster really.

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:20 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:
Dide Dide wrote:I am sry shyguy, but it was not my fault, My connection was dead, so dead
Sry

We had a massive field getting close to twenty cars, unfortunately we couldn't keep people like Reirom under control and a few who didn't fully know the rules or who weren't paying attention to yellow flags.. So a disaster really.

I think that people are not well prepared to this type of event that requires rules to race (everyone loves to press full speed and go to finish line)

You should create a Topic explaining people how do drive
- Post a video too, that could be useful for some that dont know
Explaining step by step ( I know that for you will not be that much work)

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:16 pm

it was patetic!
quantity doesnt mean quality!
racing with 6 strong and fair guys is a lot better then racing with 19 people and 1 moron! rules just doesnt allow that! i mean, how hard is it to watch from what position you start??????? it took us way too long to even start the race, i almost ran out of fuel befor i did 1 lap! just to crazy!
sad that shy didnt kicked those assholes! next time you have to be merciless!!!!!!!!!!
speccialy car 33! uhhhhhh, man what an asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he did what he wanted, for me its a lifetime ban! he was just there to annoy people, and it seemed that he wanted to do that!
people pitted in every spot they wanted! speccialy the pit number 1, wich was mine, was always occupied! i started to shoot them out because that pisses me off!!!!!
after every yel there was choas because people wanted a better position then they actually had! all i all quiet bad, for me speccialy since i had an awesome pole! 8)
i think you should analyz the race and kick assholes for next races or make a new rising star cup where they can shoot out eachother! maybe they learn the rules their but i have no convidence for them!
i spent 2 hours and i was pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/3 ... ses-me-off

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Lanz wrote:it was patetic!
racing with 6 strong and fair guys is a lot better then racing with 19 people and 1 moron! rules just doesnt allow that! i mean, how hard is it to watch from what position you start??????? it took us way too long to even start the race, i almost ran out of fuel befor i did 1 lap! just to crazy!
sad that shy didnt kicked those assholes! next time you have to be merciless!!!!!!!!!!
speccialy car 33! uhhhhhh, man what an asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he did what he wanted, for me its a lifetime ban! he was just there to annoy people, and it seemed that he wanted to do that!
people pitted in every spot they wanted! speccialy the pit number 1, wich was mine, was always occupied! i started to shoot them out because that pisses me off!!!!!
after every yel there was choas because people wanted a better position then they actually had! all i all quiet bad, for me speccialy since i had an awesome pole! 8)
i think you should analyz the race and kick assholes for next races or make a new rising star cup where they can shoot out eachother! maybe they learn the rules their but i have no convidence for them!

Well I guess we will just have a 12 car limit, knockout qualifying where the top 8 in standings are locked into the race, and the 4 best from outside the top 8 will be able to race. The only problem with that is for sensible racers who waited an hour to race, and find out they can't, even worse if it was because of lags or something, that would be really frustrating for them. I think a rising star cup is neccessary cos we can't just not let noobs into the series..

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

You could do top 10 qualify but al loyal and well known players get free spots anyway....... Why would you give a Burnout, a Shyguy or a Pingu NOT a spot just because he falls out of top 12 qualifying for example?

Here you can just make decisions as admins.... Nascar is more then just driving circles

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Lanz wrote:it was patetic!

This is exactly the reason why I left yesterday. I knew this was coming. I was so to tired yesterday after a day work and no sleep the night before, that I realy didn't want to be in such a mess. It would have been an assault on my already high stresslevel.

And don't think that reducing players is "the sollution" You should reduce the players that say they know the rules but cheat there way to the front at every yellow because they feel there better then other players.
These players with there huge Ego's behave like children fighting for a toy... And when there confronted with there cheating, they go mad like hell, because they are the big-shots, so there always right.

Get rid of these players! They are the real problem! And yes some might be "friends" etc. bla bla. Rules are rules in racing, and they are ment for everybody. Just make sure the rules are clear to everyone before the event starts and then stick to them. If people don't want to listen, kick them out, newbee or veteran, it doesnt matter. Strict discipline is the only sollution to have these types of races. Without it, it's nothing more then a ticking time bomb.

Burn

Post by Burn » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 pm

reirom wrote:XZEal moron i dont do nothing wrong

i run nice

many morons there..

ARE YOU ACTUALLY KIDDING ME? You've raced with us cleanly (in REIROM terms) before and you loved it! Now you're saying that the organization was awful. Now your finally starting to annoy me...