SCARTS Turbocharged Series - NEXT RACE: Dec 12, 3pm ET GMT+5

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:28 pm

I think Shyguy and Burn thinked that more people = more fun

Dont forget that this is Scarts - Many rules to follow

I had problems understanding the rules, it took almost 30 minutes to get it, and you allowed anyone to join (This was the error of the cup)

And i didnt get all the rules pretty well, but i did understand all the rules to a clean race.


I think you should try selecting Players right now,(before cup)

To take knowlegde of them, many guys here that race here know almost all the players (they should be capable of choosing the riight people to race in the cup).

Well the last race, should be important to choose players,

Can you pass me the replay of the race :)

User avatar
Jan
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Finland

Post by Jan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 pm

Just out of interest, where can the rules for this be found? Just thought that it's difficult for people to obey complicated rules if they don't know them. :P Sorry if this was a stupid question as I haven't played a lap of SCARTS yet. And yes I know some people like Reirom unfortunately behave like they do even if they understand the rules. So my point is that don't ban newbies just because they don't know the rules. :)

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Dide Dide wrote:I think Shyguy and Burn thinked that more people = more fun

Dont forget that this is Scarts - Many rules to follow

I had problems understanding the rules, it took almost 30 minutes to get it, and you allowed anyone to join (This was the error of the cup)

And i didnt get all the rules pretty well, but i did understand all the rules to a clean race.


I think you should try selecting Players right now,(before cup)

To take knowlegde of them, many guys here that race here know almost all the players (they should be capable of choosing the riight people to race in the cup).

Well the last race, should be important to choose players,

Can you pass me the replay of the race :)


All who where there had learnt the rules at some point.. or were sensible players who I was confident would pick it up. I think more players = more fun if every player is the standard of Burnout, Burn, Lexx etc.. but unfortunately, to quote Lexx "People are cows".

And Jan - yeah that's one of the problems, everything is operated from the external forum, I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring a bit more to here as well.

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:21 pm

I agree that more people = more fun, but, i would prefer less people "people that run by the rules"

As an Example:

Most of the time when Full Contact is full, is awesome!!!,

But if 3 players start to backward, the fun turn into a complete disaster.


But Shyguy, put a topic with the rules of Scarts for future players

User avatar
Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm
Location: Innichen, Italy

Post by Lanz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:28 pm

yeah there are more rules in scarts then in every other cup or races but you cant take that as an excuse for being an idiot! after ten yel´s everbody should be knowing what to do! and the most important rule no one has to learn,play fair!
i never watched nascar or any american racing series from where i should known some rules but did i got kicked or warned in my first race, no! yeah i made some mistakes no doubt but at least i was trying to follow rules and dont f*** up racing, wich was very clear that some didnt! i think they loved it to drive their own race and get people pissed off! best example was the start: after ten times showing starting grid, people still wanted a better position!!!!!!!!!! to stupid to count or what?
the best way to learn something is the hard way!

xzeal
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:32 am
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by xzeal » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Well personally I just tried to go with the flow and didnt try that hard to do well. After people stole my position on the pace lap a few too many times I got a little pissed off.

The point where I quit was not because of other people, but because I didnt know what to do. Second yellow - I was a lap behind I didnt need to pit when pit was called out so I kept going - am I allowed to make up for the lost lap at that point if there is no one who has lapped me in front of me, or do I still have to stop at the grid?

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:32 pm

xzeal wrote:Well personally I just tried to go with the flow and didnt try that hard to do well. After people stole my position on the pace lap a few too many times I got a little pissed off.

The point where I quit was not because of other people, but because I didnt know what to do. Second yellow - I was a lap behind I didnt need to pit when pit was called out so I kept going - am I allowed to make up for the lost lap at that point if there is no one who has lapped me in front of me, or do I still have to stop at the grid?


If you don't pit, you still park in the grid but gain track position.

Lapped cars is a little more complicated - you can take a "wavearound" if you don't pit, and get 1 lap back on the field. However, if you are the first car a lap (or more) down, then you will be TOLD by the admins you are the "lucky dog", which means you get a free pass back onto the lead lap (so you can pit if you want to and still gain the lap back).

Lexx
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by Lexx » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Ah well, let's comment.

This race was a complete failure, funny thing is that I said that before we raced. Although, I think we can learn from this, as mistakes are good to be made so we don't have to f*** up the next time.

Anyway, I know the 'dream' of SCARTS is to have 219021 players who are interested, so we can have a full grid everytime. Problem is, with the rules you can not have 20 players in a race. In F1 it's possible, why? Because there is only 1 rule -> Play fair. In SCARTS there are a shitload of rules, and when there are people who can't speak English it becomes a freaking chaos.
I know fsv tried to explain the rules to those who come from Brazil, but even then. Then we have people who 'know' the rules, and don't obey them like Drillz, Klutch and co. Those idiots should not be allowed to race too.

Conclusion: Don't drive with 20 players, kick the idiots out and keep the good players. No one likes a 6 hour race with 82 yellow flags in only 161 laps.

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:11 pm

Lexx wrote:Ah well, let's comment.

This race was a complete failure, funny thing is that I said that before we raced. Although, I think we can learn from this, as mistakes are good to be made so we don't have to f*** up the next time.

Anyway, I know the 'dream' of SCARTS is to have 219021 players who are interested, so we can have a full grid everytime. Problem is, with the rules you can not have 20 players in a race. In F1 it's possible, why? Because there is only 1 rule -> Play fair. In SCARTS there are a shitload of rules, and when there are people who can't speak English it becomes a freaking chaos.
I know fsv tried to explain the rules to those who come from Brazil, but even then. Then we have people who 'know' the rules, and don't obey them like Drillz, Klutch and co. Those idiots should not be allowed to race too.

Conclusion: Don't drive with 20 players, kick the idiots out and keep the good players. No one likes a 6 hour race with 82 yellow flags in only 161 laps.


Yup and what we don't wanna do is what happened last time - the good players leave because of the idiots, and then the idiots leave anyway - leaving us with no one. Sorry I didn't listen to you, I guess I overestimated people's ability to learn as the race went on..

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Any people can learn,
But there are people that did this on purpose, just because they think is funny.

Any organizer wants a good cup, and becomes a nightmare when it fails

All players that race that last track have now be warn, next time is a permanet ban, until cup over

User avatar
Burn
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:11 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by Burn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:51 pm

The fact of the matter is that everyone that almost everyone that raced had either raced a SCARTS Race or a cup organized by dede/Tijny.

It definitely isn't the rules that it a problem, it's the people. Like many have said, the younger generation of Turbosliders doesn't know what "fairplay" means. It's just a free-for-all with them because they only punishment for their actions is a ban, not a smack in the ass or a punch in the face. A new series that is in the works. It had raced last year. It's called the "Rising Star" series. This series is made up of reduced laps and heightened rules. It is also designed to ONLY be for Beginners or Nuisances like REIROM that we don't want racing with the big guns. The only exception to not being in the Rising Star series in my opinion should be if myself, Burnout, Shyguy or anyone else that's in SCARTS that's also involved in the TS community from time to time. Someone like xzeal, I would make an exception to because I have known him for years and he knows what the word STOP or WRONG means...

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Burn wrote:It definitely isn't the rules that it a problem, it's the people. Like many have said, the younger generation of Turbosliders doesn't know what "fairplay" means.


Because the most active racing server

Is FULL CONTACT and Xbumpz (all about hitting) : Any new player that comes, see other's hit other, they get involved, they hit forever.
Try puting a Fair server, to see if any one will join :twisted:

Even I that i am writing this , sometimes i cant avoid and a brake fair rules

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Well, hopefully, I can run my SCARTS server most nights, to gain awareness of the rules. And also, when the GPOR Open Season comes around, that will really help with getting noobs to learn simple fairplay..

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 am

We are racing at charlotte on thursday the 23rd at 22:00GMT! It has being improved since the test race and should be a great race! Download/practice server will be up as soon as Burnout has finished the track tonight.

**Dide**
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:32 am

Post by **Dide** » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:42 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:We are racing at charlotte on thursday the 23rd at 22:00GMT! It has being improved since the test race and should be a great race! Download/practice server will be up as soon as Burnout has finished the track tonight.


But, but, you told it was 20:00GMT

User avatar
Burn
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:11 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by Burn » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:31 am

I think that accommodates to Burnout's readiness to be able to run his last race, Charlotte is a great track to do so. I'll try to see if we can get the race pushed up 1 hour IF POSSIBLE, I'm not sure it actually will be though, SORRY!!

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm

We are racing at Auto Club this sunday!
Last edited by shyguy1001 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Race is at 10:00GMT at the fantastic and wide auto club speedway! Come along to sample some of the great racing SCARTS has to offer.. Just quarter of an hour until we start :)

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Race at autoclub starts in ten minutes we already have 10 people attending practice :)

Post Reply