Puschtras Cup Test Race

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lux2
Community User Level: 2

Post by lux2 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:44 pm

lanz, tomorrow i would like to test again which is the max number of players for my server.

If you want, we can play an easy version of your rules on putrington "dry".

We can do some quick race in order to define the max number of players and then, we can do a 15 laps (it's more than 15 min in putrington) without fuel and without qualifying and a second race of 10 laps with reverse order grid and the fuel load/settings that you will say.

To have a fast player will be useful to understand if fuel ballast is good or not...
Janne? Dede?... are you there?

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:18 pm

If it's tonight, then I should be home.. Tell me what time though :)

lux2

Post by lux2 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Waiting for lanz's words, I can only say I'll be active after 21-21.30CET.

Since I am a supernewbie with my server, It could be maybe better if you set up your one. :wink:

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:05 pm

after 21:00cet i have time, but scarts race is today and i will participate!
if we start exactly at 21:00cet then its no problem because scarts race starts one or two hours later i think! or am i wrong shy? i´ll be there at 21:00cet!

edit:scarts is at 23:00cet! nice! then its enought time!

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Does anyone confirm tomorrow's test race?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:17 pm

misterpom wrote:Does anyone confirm tomorrow's test race?

me am! dede made everything ready to race! i tested it few minutes ago and its working! only question: how can i show quali result?(for race1, and have you included it also for race2? would be easier for people to set startfuel!)
cya Sunday 19.12.2010 21:00CET

dede

Post by dede » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Of course.. /cmd f1quali

No, it doesn't work for second race.. you have to make it manually..

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:13 pm

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Can Reirom run on this cup? He has intentions of doing so. :lol:

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:43 pm

With reversing grid (and ballast)... I really hope he won't.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Well I was last, but considering I lost with 1 point to 3 guys and the top 3 were tied - the fuel ballast thingy works well.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:15 pm

My comments:

Qualy - First. Only player with 33 seconds lap. Pingu second, as it's supposed to be. No surprise there. That's when he started to get desperate and realized the obvious: he wasn't going to beat me. He had something else in mind. It's a shame that he has to do this in order to get any satisfaction since winning seems out of his capacities. Being a coward he is, he used "PurplePapangu" as his nickname and not "Pingu".

First race: Third. Lanz won and Matic was second. I don't want to sound like I'm diminishing anyone's effort but it's pretty clear that I was the favorite, being the first place on qualy. I had a big chance of winning. Unfortunately, it seems Pingu was not interested in racing but rather spoiling my fun, as he has been doing recently on Full Contact server. He pushed me outside the track on full speed, then managed to follow me around and block me. Eventually I escaped and, of course, he wasn't able to catch me. Even though I was thrown to last place on the first lap, I managed to be third on a race with no fuel. Pretty good, I think.

Second race: First. Nothing special. I did what I was supposed to do. I won and then dedicated to Pingu, the biggest Turbo Sliders loser in history. It doesn't matter how many times you can push me off the track, I will still drive respectfully and beat you everytime.

I'm disappointed in Lanz. I was expecting him to do something after the incident when Pingu pushed me out. After all, he kept saying "no 2nd chances for assholes". All he could come up with after I asked him about punishments was a joke about how great it was that Pingu got him the first place and the most stupid excuse ever: "he just drove one lap". So everyone has the right of f*** up someone else's race if they drive only one lap. I'm not kidding, he said this. I expected a serious cup, not this. Embarassing, to say the least.

Let me know if this is going to how the races are going to be. If so, I'd rather expect for the next F1 Season, when a thing like that gets punished without hesitation.

Bye

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Nice race.
The ballast amount seems to be good enough... Maybe a little more could be better...? Who knows?
It was a pity that we had not dede, tijny or janne in the race. They could had been useful to better understand the right ballast settings.

Anyway, it seems the ballast settings are already good.

EDIT: I completely agree with pom about purplepapangus.

I don't know who is but there are not so many fast player, so it's easy to understand who was him.

NETHERLANDS
NOORD-BRABANT
EINDHOVEN
EDUTEL INTERNET

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:44 pm

lux2 wrote:EDIT: I completely agree with pom about purplepapangus.

I don't know who is but there are not so many fast player, so it's easy to understand who was him.

Thanks, lux. It's nice to know this community has people like you that will stand for what is right.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:48 pm

misterpom wrote:I'm disappointed in Lanz. I was expecting him to do something after the incident when Pingu pushed me out. After all, he kept saying "no 2nd chances for assholes". All he could come up with after I asked him about punishments was a joke about how great it was that Pingu got him the first place and the most stupid excuse ever: "he just drove one lap". So everyone has the right of f*** up someone else's race if they drive only one lap. I'm not kidding, he said this. I expected a serious cup, not this. Embarassing, to say the least.

i drove my own race, i saw that something happend but not exactly what!
you should calm down a bit! now after watching replay its clear! Pingu is out!
i said it clearly enought in forum and i know you readed it!
yes pingu "mission completed"!!!!!!!
i was joking of course after race 1! i had to set all those new things that i only tested once, so i was more focused in setting things the reading what you guys wrote! i saw that he drove only 1 lap and the decision was clear! hes out! race could go on without discussing that accident! is that a bad thing? sure that i watch what happened!and i did!

all in all it was nice racing! nice battle with matic for win in first race!
2nd race also good! shooted lux out in the beginning! to much traffic! :D
of course i waited for him! lost some time there but started to gain position even with heaviest car! got to 3th place ,matic was in front but he seemed stronger then in first race, couldnt catch him!
i missed the pros, speccialy for that whole fuel thing! 11people, maybe we were to close starting form 22% to 42% of fuel!
thx to all for showing up!

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Okay, Lanz. In this case, I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh. I interpreted your silence on the chat as an "I don't care" attitude towards my situation and that made pissed me off. I didn't know you were trying to focus on the server setting. I'm glad you've done the right thing, though. Thanks.

Pingu is a really pathetic person. It's pretty obvious that he expected to get a pole position and beat me easily, since he claims he is so superior to me. When he realized HE couldn't win, he made ME lose. That's the worst kind of loser right there.

I asked for his ban. This is not the first time it happens and probably not the last. If someone else feels like supporting this "cause", here's the link:

http://www.turbosliders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1858

Bye

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:27 pm

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Let me guess: now you want to be banned from the forum as well?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:18 pm

misterpom wrote:Let me guess: now you want to be banned from the forum as well?
Since Pingu thinks REIROM is so awesome, I can only guess that he's trying to be him now.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Tijny wrote:Since Pingu thinks REIROM is so awesome, I can only guess that he's trying to be him now.

The difference is that Reirom can be funny with his reironisms. Yes, he gets annoying at times and deserves to get a ban once in a while to calm down a little, but Pingu is only annoying and never funny. Still, both deserve a trip to Alaska, where they can hug each other to exchange heat while they're not unbanned.

About the cup, some questions:

1) Is there any points system developed yet?

2) Are both races going to give the same points?

3) Do they have different weights, being one considered more important than the other or is it all the same?

4) Does qualy give any points at all? I didn't find anything about it here.

My idea:

Maybe we should start talking about it. It seems to me that winning the first race is easier than winning the second race for the fastest players, since it's pretty hard to catch up when there is no fuel difference and there is qualy. Pros will probably have no hard time winning. I think the first race should give 40% of the points and the second should give 60% of the points.

Example:

First race:

Scenario 1: pro players have a good qualy and win more easily.

Dede - 0,4* 25 = 10
Tijny 0,4 * 22 = 8,8
Janne 0,4 * 20 = 8
Mister Pom 0,4 * 18 = 7,2
Lanz 0,4 * 15 = 6
Pablinho 0,4 * 14 = 5,6

Second race:

Scenario 2: pro players still have a good race, but they are stuck in traffic and some of B players have a better race.

Pablinho 0,6 * 25 = 15
Lanz 0,6 * 22 = 13,2
Mister Pom 0,6 * 20 = 12
Dede 0,6 * 18 = 10,8
Tijny 0,6 * 15 = 9
Janne 0,6 * 14 = 8,4

Final standings:

Dede: 20,8
Pablinho: 20,6
Mister Pom 19,2
Lanz 19,2
Tijny 17,8
Janne 16,4

Pablinho didn't do very well on the first but he had an outstanding second race. Dede had an outstanding first race and did pretty well on the second also. Since Dede was more consistent, he still won anyway. It's very unlikely a B player will do too well on both races, so it's not too hard on the pro players.

The pro players will probably get all the podiums anyway, but my intention was showing that this is a realistic scenario that they MIGHT not, with the fuel difference and reverse grid. It seems the intention of this cup is levelling the playing field, so the pro players don't win all the times. With this system, the one who gets most points is the one who does well in BOTH races, especially in the second. That means that not only speed counts but consistency also.

That's my idea. I want to know if you agree.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:15 pm

misterpom wrote:blah blah blah

I dunno, adding extra weight to the second race seems to encourage players to go slowly in the first..

**Dide**

Post by **Dide** » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Pingu wrote:LoL :P, too serious, heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJdUnDQ7Og&hd=1

and you call me hipocrat :?:

dede

Post by dede » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Still a bit pissed about being forced to miss the race. Very happy that everything worked more or less fine!

Do you have the recordings?

@Lanz - I cheated! Now that you can host a cup on your own, I'll get you as the F1 League hoster as well :)

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:18 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:
misterpom wrote:blah blah blah

I dunno, adding extra weight to the second race seems to encourage players to go slowly in the first..

Well, in theory it seems so. The incentives seem to point to that. I don't think that would happen in practice, though.

First because being last on purpose in the first race, for example, gives you the first spot on the second race but it is SO BAD in points (0,4) that this would give you such an disadvantadge that even if you did well in the second race, you'd do just do average in the end final standings.

It seems crazy to score 0,4 in exchange for a little distance on the second race. It's too risky and the max points you could get with this is 15,4. I really doubt that someone who needs to do this would be first in the second race anyway. On the other hand, if someone who is really good got lag or disconnected during the first race, he would have the chance of redeeming himself with the best positioned spot of the second race.

I understand your concern but I don't think that would be the case.

EDIT:

Here are the videos for the Eisenstadt races.

RACE 1 VIDEO
: http://www.mediafire.com/?ptwhis7ag8khrd6
RACE 2 VIDEO:: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dinlqbu21db32sf

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:24 pm

dede wrote:@Lanz - I cheated! Now that you can host a cup on your own, I'll get you as the F1 League hoster as well :)

:D

dont make it to complicate pom! its very easy:
since this was a test and we had no standings first race was fuel off! but this will happen only once, at the beginning of the cup! on 2nd race day, after getting 2 race results, championship leader will get the most fuel for 1 race of the day! and he will keep it for the whole day, for 2nd race also!
example:
1st race day:(09.01.2011)
quali: fuel off
race1: fuel off
1.dede 10points
2.tijny 8points
3.janne 6points
race2: reversed starting grid and most fuel to winner of race1
1.tijny-started with 58% of fuel 10points
2.janne-started with 56% of fuel 8points
3.dede-started with 60% of fuel 6points
championship standings after first race day:
1.tijny 18points
2.dede 16points
3.janne 14points
T is now championship leader, he will get the heaviest car for both races of the next race day!
its a lot easier this way, we can post fuel settings for next races already in forum few days befor! nothing to calculate after 1 race! and i also have time to read what happened during first race! :D
to make it 100% sure:
2nd race day:(16.01.2011)
quali: fuel off(everbody has the chance to get the pole)
race1 (startfuel settings):
tijny 60%
dede 58%
janne 56%
tijny gets most fuel even if he f*** up quali and starts 10th!
race2 (startfuel settings): same as in race1 of that day!

with this settings it makes it even harder to defend 1 place in drivers championship! 2% could make the difference! maybe dede dominates, or janne kicks some asses, who knows! since they dont played! :cry:
after that championship standings change, and T can strike back with lighter car!
thats the plan!

and about points i have no clue yet! open to suggestions but i want to keep the field together!
edit: and both races counts the same!