Weekly Team Wanking Competition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Weekly Team Wanking Competition

Post by Whiplash » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:51 am

Ok, I made this topic to enable better preview of all our ideas.
Write all your messages here.

dede and T, pls use all results of this competition to make up new ranking that I'm mentioning for the 10000 times now.
It will cost you nothing. Just make that all results be automatically uploaded to the new main ranking. Also, make the skill categories on it (rookie, racer, semi-pro, pro, ace). I explained to T how to calculate it on best way.
It will be very useful for all competitions in the future, especially those ones which contains teams.
All drivers who miss (or want to make their time better) can send their videos after we finish all this.
I expect about 9 tracks. We can use those ones from IRT or IHLC. Also, we can make few new ones.
Just look carefully that tracks don't have some stupid shortcut.

Burn
Community User Level: 2

Post by Burn » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:12 am

Cool, I'm excited.

If any help is needed with organising, etc. I'd be happy to help!

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Me too, if you need help, just yell :D
I'm a moron \o/

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 am

Isn't it more fun that every week is a different car class? First Antislider, next week rally, then a F1 week etc. 1 year ago or so there was a server with very cool tracks and kinda rally cars

Kuite
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Kuite » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:20 pm

I wanna join! i need a team!? :)

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Kuite wrote:I wanna join! i need a team!? :)

me too :D

But i think the wank hasn't been aproven!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:58 pm

We can't do anything without dede and T. Those bastards don't want to help.

dede

Post by dede » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Whiplash wrote:We can't do anything without dede and T. Those bastards don't want to help.

To help???? You are just telling your idea and expect it to become reality without doing anything.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:26 pm

dede wrote:
Whiplash wrote:We can't do anything without dede and T. Those bastards don't want to help.

To help???? You are just telling your idea and expect it to become reality without doing anything.

Well, that's not totally true. I would play. :)
Man, I thought you can do it all in few moves. You already organized weekly wanking with no problems at all. It's all the same like that. Only T needs to set up script to calculate the teams time. That's all. I would like to help there, but what could I do?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Whiplash wrote:Well, that's not totally true. I would play. :)
Man, I thought you can do it all in few moves. You already organized weekly wanking with no problems at all. It's all the same like that. Only T needs to set up script to calculate the teams time. That's all. I would like to help there, but what could I do?
So the only one who actually has to do anything will be me. Sounds fair for something I'm not all that interested in.

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Tijny wrote:
So the only one who actually has to do anything will be me. Sounds fair for something I'm not all that interested in.

:D

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Tijny wrote:

But you have to agree there is no that hard work. If not, then nothing. We can cancel it.
And, btw, since when you don't like wanking?

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Tijny wrote:

But you have to agree there is no that hard work. If not, then nothing. We can cancel it.

lol dont take this offensive whip im just sitting here smiling my ass off xD reirom style topic :D

also T never said he didnt like wanking :wink:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:
Whiplash wrote:
Tijny wrote:

lol dont take this offensive whip im just sitting here smiling my ass off xD reirom style topic :D

I see nothing funny about this. Anyway, you're the one who writes reirom style English posts. :P

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 am

Ouch. :lol:

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:51 am

Whiplash wrote:
Jurgen-NL wrote:
Whiplash wrote:
Tijny wrote:

I see nothing funny about this. Anyway, you're the one who writes reirom style English posts. :P

my gwad because i forget to put these everywhere , . : ! f*** THAT i dont even know what the meaning for it is anymore i could care less!

the funny thing is you wanting a ranking back for 100000th time and your idea is to let T or D make it for you XD

all you do is talk talk talk but no personal work if you want that ranking so badly ask T instead if he can teach you how to do scripts ect.ect.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:my gwad because i forget to put these everywhere , . : ! f*** THAT i dont even know what the meaning for it is anymore i could care less!
"all you do is talk talk talk but no personal work if you want that ranking so badly ask T instead if he can teach you how to do scripts ect.ect."

Listen REIROM, write like this:
"All you do is talk, talk, talk, but without a personal work. If you want that ranking so badly, ask T to teach you how to do scripts ect."
That could be much "understandier".

Jurgen-NL wrote:the funny thing is you wanting a ranking back for 100000th time and your idea is to let T or D make it for you XD

I never ask something for my self. My intention is to give ideas for some new TS game and website features that will be useful and enjoyable for whole community. I guess that's why this forum exists.
If I could make all things by myself, I would probably make new TS version too, and make AI bots little smarter, so I would not have to play with you any more.
(Well, I have to say that some bots are already much smarter then you).
Last edited by Whiplash on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:29 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:my gwad because i forget to put these everywhere , . : ! f*** THAT i dont even know what the meaning for it is anymore i could care less!
If you don't care about the readability of your posts, I think I'll just stop reading them altogether. Your writing gives me headaches.

@Whiplash:
Making the (r|w)anking you're describing is not an easy thing to do, especially if you want to have different skill groups, team stats and stuff like that. Integrating anything into this website is a hellish job in itself and I'm also not at all convinced it would be popular enough to make building it worthwhile.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Tijny wrote:
If you don't care about the readability of your posts, I think I'll just stop reading them altogether. Your writing gives me headaches.

@Whiplash:
Making the (r|w)anking you're describing is not an easy thing to do, especially if you want to have different skill groups, team stats and stuff like that. Integrating anything into this website is a hellish job in itself and I'm also not at all convinced it would be popular enough to make building it worthwhile.

Good to finally know that. (even it's not all about popularity)
And, weekly wanking. That's hard to do too? :?

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:30 pm

competitiveness + big ego = bitterness.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:51 pm

its not that i dont care its not how i write sentences its about what i mean in a post that matters.

if you dont get what i mean with a certain post fine your not all that intelligent yourself i suppose,

i admit a post in this topic by me is written reirom style it was because i felt offended of the fact you people seem to insult me just because i forget to put , . ? : ; ! '' ` these everywhere.

you dont need this symbols to understand one another.

are we really living in the age where it is important to write everything 100% correctly, and when a mistake is spotted you have to put the hamer on that persons head for not adding them in a post.

@ whip his earlier post i too wish the game would still develop further only i know the thruth and know that there will ''not'' be a new release of TS in the future.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm

misterpom wrote:competitiveness + big ego = bitterness.

TS - Brasil = Paradise :P

Jurgen-NL wrote:its not that i dont care its not how i write sentences its about what i mean in a post that matters.

With that logic REIROM would be a genius (...ok, would be normal).

Jurgen-NL wrote:if you dont get what i mean with a certain post fine your not all that intelligent yourself i suppose,

i admit a post in this topic by me is written reirom style it was because i felt offended of the fact you people seem to insult me just because i forget to put , . ? : ; ! '' ` these everywhere.

are we really living in the age where it is important to write everything 100% correctly, and when a mistake is spotted you have to put the hamer on that persons head for not adding them in a post.

I'm really not interested to insult other people now.

Let's stay on topic. This is another solution:
-dede can open the same weekly wank server like before. (old ranking tracks, 1 week, 5 deault cars);
-the server should automatically upload the times to the main ranking (we had that during the DIT, so that can't be hard);
-Tijny can send me list of old players profiles codes (just of first 25-30 ranked players)
- I 'll send each code to every single player in order to avoid possible merging and new hard work for admins.

On this way we will actualize the old ranking, and it will finally show better image of our speed, and we could finally see what's the real skill of each TS driver. So?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:its not that i dont care its not how i write sentences its about what i mean in a post that matters.

if you dont get what i mean with a certain post fine your not all that intelligent yourself i suppose,

Right... forgetting to use punctuation is like forgetting to pedal when riding a bicycle - you just don't. You are correct that usually these symbols aren't required to understand one another, but they make things SO. MUCH. EASIER, both for the writer and the reader. Just consider these examples:

Dear Jon:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy -- will you let me be yours?

Gloria

Dear Jon:

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,
Gloria

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Cant we just keep it simple. (KIS)

Step 1:

Put the server up for normal F1 wanking, with the usual rankings, no changes needed.

Step 2

Add in those rankings, a extra list with the teams, that displays the avarage laptime of those teams, driven by all team-members. (after 5 wanks, we have a final ranking of all teams)

Step 3,

Do 5 of these weekly (team)wanks. And use the individial times of each player to create a ranking. (avarage laptime of all 5 tracks, will be the final ranking)

Step 4

Use for instance something like below to rank the players in to groups, and were done.

Pos 1-6 A
pos 7-12 B
pos 13-18 C
pos 19-24 D
pos 25+ E

Simple, and not many changes are needed to have this up and running. ;)
Last edited by GR8Arjen on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.